Author Topic: Untitled Sunlit Tides Decadynasty (Gen 2 Pt. 8)  (Read 31291 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Untitled Sunlit Tides Decadynasty (Gen 2 Pt. 8)
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2019, 06:30:00 PM »
I adore that selfie shot of Alastair with his old flame Penelope, where they're both puckering their lips. Too funny!
Oh, Hua chooses Winter while Rhonda is gently cast aside for a future heir.
I remember Hua as a child chatting up Winter's brother at the park. Trinity might be one her longest-standing friends. Or not?

Hua's moving out, she's moving out! Looking forward to her new life.

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2019, 06:20:16 PM »
One of the good thing about being on vacation from work is that I can catch up with everything I want to read, I loved reading your mental process while you play and seeing the result of pollination.
Speaking of pollination, I saw some very interesting faces. It's always interesting to see your methods (in fact I learned from them  ;) I still have your guide saved).
Hua is beautiful sim and loved her tomboy jet feminine style and to be honest, I'm glad she'll marry Winter as I always have a weakness for not judgmental sims.
We're lucky that something some form of story progression still works in the travel worlds. Surely you already know this but another source of new townies is moving tourists visiting from China, the other two destinations produce face 1 sims, although Egypt sometimes produces a different one, in my experience the French are always pudding faces.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2019, 07:42:18 PM »

You mentioned something about always being able to get descendants of your choosing from foreign worlds/university. Do share!  ;)

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2019, 09:38:20 PM »
Congrats to Hau. Looking forward to the wedding!

You mentioned something about always being able to get descendants of your choosing from foreign worlds/university. Do share!  ;)

Seconded!

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2019, 01:27:40 AM »
 This is so good so far! You have a wonderful way of writing and such a knack for characters.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2019, 09:22:32 PM »
I adore that selfie shot of Alastair with his old flame Penelope, where they're both puckering their lips. Too funny!
Oh, Hua chooses Winter while Rhonda is gently cast aside for a future heir.
I remember Hua as a child chatting up Winter's brother at the park. Trinity might be one her longest-standing friends. Or not?

Hua's moving out, she's moving out! Looking forward to her new life.

University Life gave us some great animations yet no one talks about how it did. 😔

Yeah I guess Trinity has been here this whole time! It's hard to directly remember Hua's life without constantly referring to screenshots. Not only is she dead but her heir is also dead (#4 just got a big age extension though) He always had decent traits as well...actually most of the Kahale kids did too so it doesn't really matter.

One of the good thing about being on vacation from work is that I can catch up with everything I want to read, I loved reading your mental process while you play and seeing the result of pollination.
Speaking of pollination, I saw some very interesting faces. It's always interesting to see your methods (in fact I learned from them  ;) I still have your guide saved).
Hua is beautiful sim and loved her tomboy jet feminine style and to be honest, I'm glad she'll marry Winter as I always have a weakness for not judgmental sims.
We're lucky that something some form of story progression still works in the travel worlds. Surely you already know this but another source of new townies is moving tourists visiting from China, the other two destinations produce face 1 sims, although Egypt sometimes produces a different one, in my experience the French are always pudding faces.

The pollination guide is good but if I can ever get the will to write a second one, I shall. I mostly just don't like the tone of it anymore. As it turns out I want to think I'm a nicer person than I was as a surly uni student. :P Hua's generation set the standard for good faces. I haven't felt as satisfied since!

Sunlit Tides is a very accepting place after all! I used to think that using The Sims as a form of pure escapism was dumb and unrealistic (I cringe looking back on trying to insert any sort of external prejudice onto my gay sims in earlier dynasties) but now I realize that no one would actually care in I did that. Of course, "the talk" in a decadynasty (or any of the dynasties) about having to have natural kids comes up but I assume that Heiva and Hua had that one offscreen and everyone was happy. If I do the immortal dynasty again...I wish myself and my sims the best.

China's still looking alright in my save! It's a blend of original genes and generated ones and that's the best I could reasonably ask for. Egypt still has a lot of its original population and its very clear descendants, but I've traveled in it far less.

Ugh! So back in 2013 my dear Ironstars were actually going to test one question out: would kids you deliberately pollinate into a foreign world have their own story progression kids? I think I covered Screwtape having some travel babies but after my family tree broke (probably while his eldest French baby was still a teen) I backed out of that like a coward. And also failed that dynasty a little later but whatever. :P I'm up for trying it again at last. Not in a decadynasty with limited travel time, but somewhere else like a test file.

Congrats to Hau. Looking forward to the wedding!

I hope I don't disappoint but who knows, there might be a way to, like if everything went right.

This is so good so far! You have a wonderful way of writing and such a knack for characters.

Same to you!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded