Author Topic: The Kindle Random Town Jump  (Read 41057 times)

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Re: The Kindle Random Town Jump
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2019, 09:48:52 PM »
Canyon's face is soooo perfect at that moment. Like, "Mom, seriously? I'm trying to introduce you to the love of my life and you decide to have the baby now? Just no, mom, no! This is MY moment, not yours!"

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2019, 09:40:22 PM »
You did it Gladys!! :D

Canyon might have been glitched but that's basically what being in love feels like. The Lucky Palms boy boom is useful after all.

Yay Gladys! Yes, the boy boom definitely worked in our favor. And now Leah Lancaster gets to pick from all the other boys, which is lucky for her.

Canyon's face is soooo perfect at that moment. Like, "Mom, seriously? I'm trying to introduce you to the love of my life and you decide to have the baby now? Just no, mom, no! This is MY moment, not yours!"

So true! Maybe I should've held a caption contest for that picture. It's one of the best ones I've ever gotten.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2019, 09:54:25 PM »
Chapter 41 – In Which Nile Goes Temporarily Bald

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

The jubilant parents arrive home from the hospital at the same time as Aunt Francine, who has just been promoted after working extra hours. Congrats, Francine!

Skyler really likes babies. He’s reminding me of Ash as a child. When his baby sister comes home for the first time, he wakes right up and sits alert in bed, looking very excited.

Something strange happens to Nile soon after the birth of his daughter. He loses his hair. I have no idea how or why.

“Where’d your hair go, Uncle Nile?”

“I haven’t the slightest. Bedtime, little one.”

Gladys is a very happy mother, paying the utmost attention to her little girl. Rose never cries for longer than a minute before her mother is there to take care of her.

Francine gets another promotion and decides to join the symphonic branch of the music career. I kind of love her new Quartet Member outfit.

Speaking of outfits, look at teenage Leonard Kindle’s! He twirls into this outfit before heading off to work at the bookstore or something. Is he adorable, or is he adorable?

Skyler is making great use of his child years and teaching himself to bake. He’s better at it than his big brother was. He fills the fridge with perfect pies and cupcakes, setting his family members up for great moods for days to come. (I would say weeks, but everyone always devours all the baked goods before I get a chance to ration them, so...days. It's gonna be days.)

He’s also working on his handy skill, inadvertently. I suspect he mostly likes to show Clover how to build stuff with blocks.

“Building with blocks is a very serious endeavor, Clover. You have to think of an idea BEFOREhand, using a blueprint if possible, and then work strategically with the different sorts of blocks you have available to you. It’s a lot of work. Clover, are you listening?”

“Uh huhhhhh.”

“See? With a great deal of patience and persistence, you can come up with designs that are both beautiful and functional, like this one!"

“Then you can knock it down! Hahahah!”

Good to know you’re still just a kid, Skyler. For a second there, you were growing up a little too fast.

Speaking of growing up, Caspian is showing increased signs of maturity lately. His primary social objective these days is to get his eldest nephew to like him, for some reason. Maybe he feels bad for stealing candy from Canyon as a baby? I don’t know. Either way, he’s suddenly set on revealing all his evil plans to Canyon in an attempt to reconcile.

Clearly, it’s going well.

“Guess what, Uncle Caspian! I don’t care about your masterminded plot! Nyah-nyah!”

Caspian is utterly speechless in the face of this insubordination. I’m really not sure why he’s surprised, honestly.

Canyon: “You’re just a lowly thief at the mercy of your superiors in that criminal organization you work for! You’ll never be the Emperor of Evil!”

Caspian: “Whoa, whoa, I never said I wanted to be Emperor of Evil! I’m going to be a Master Thief, and—why am I even talking to you about this?!”

I was going to ask you the same thing, Caspian.

In other news, Clover has reached the end of her toddler years and is about to grow up into a child. I think she’s ready.

Off she goes!

Traumatized by her unflattering new haircut, Clover heads upstairs to the dresser and mirror.

Francine: “Is that…my daughter going up those stairs? She’s so grown up already…”

Clover rolls the Disciplined trait and consequently selects a more streamlined look for herself. (I promise, that hairstyle looks much cuter when she’s not directly facing the camera.)

She gets started right away on using her fully-functioning-human capabilities.

“Seriously, Uncle Nile, I don't understand––where did your hair go?!

“I didn’t know when you were a toddler, and I don’t know now. Please stop asking me this question.”

In the end, a shower fixes Nile’s hair dilemma. Someone explain that logic to me.

Nile and Gladys are great parents to their baby daughter, but you can tell they’re getting weary of the crib stage.

“She’s crying again. Is it your turn, or my turn?”

*sigh* “I don’t even know anymore.”

When she needs a break from the kids, Gladys happily runs away to her favorite fishing spots and jubilantly catches blowfish to her heart’s content. (I think she has a secret Angler trait.)

Things are busy in the Kindle house these days, but there’s always that underlying note of normalcy and calmness, largely thanks to the many couch potatoes running sitting around.

That is, until Clover shows up.

“Good evening, everyone.”

Time is flying, in spite of everything. Canyon isn’t far from aging up to young adult, while his baby sister has yet to show her true face to the world. Lots of exciting stuff coming. See ya then!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2019, 10:08:56 PM »
It feels like I haven't commented in forever!
Canyon and Bryan are adorable together. Their date was beautiful. Although Caspian....why would you share your plans with Canyon?
I'm excited to see what Rose looks like.  ;D

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #94 on: August 14, 2019, 04:45:52 PM »
It feels like I haven't commented in forever!
Canyon and Bryan are adorable together. Their date was beautiful. Although Caspian....why would you share your plans with Canyon?
I'm excited to see what Rose looks like.

Lovely to see you here again, mpart! :) I'm glad you like Canyon and Bryan (Branyon?) together. I love when sims just pick somebody and make it clear that they're really interested in them. It doesn't happen enough, in my opinion.

I'm happy to say that Rose turned out to be pretty darn adorable. You'll see her very soon!

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2019, 07:44:50 PM »
Great update! Canyon is still making great faces. He has so much personality. :) I can't wait to see Rose. I love their toddler birthday when you see hair color and genetics. As for Nile's 'hair loss', would he have happened to be in his 'career outfit'? I've noticed that that specific outfit does not lock in the hairstyle you have chosen for the other outfits. So I've been making sure I check it out in NRaas MC Stylist and changing it to something similar to their other outfits because it's usually odd!

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2019, 10:34:36 PM »
Great update! Canyon is still making great faces. He has so much personality. :) I can't wait to see Rose. I love their toddler birthday when you see hair color and genetics. As for Nile's 'hair loss', would he have happened to be in his 'career outfit'? I've noticed that that specific outfit does not lock in the hairstyle you have chosen for the other outfits. So I've been making sure I check it out in NRaas MC Stylist and changing it to something similar to their other outfits because it's usually odd!

Thanks deedee! Canyon does make the best faces. There are even more to come in future chapters. I don't think Nile has a career outfit, since he's a self-employed writer, but I have definitely seen career outfit-related glitches in many of my files. (If a sim becomes invisible, that's usually why.) Occasionally I've seen my sims get different hairstyles after autonomously taking a shower, for some reason, and I think that's what happened with Nile. Just a theory though. It was really weird!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #97 on: August 15, 2019, 10:48:33 PM »
Chapter 42 – Discoveries

The Kindle Pink Dinosaur would like to welcome you back to the Random Town Jump. (Full disclover: it’s Closure. I mean, full disclosure: it’s Clover.)

Our first and most important event is first: Desert Rose’s first birthday! Are you ready to see her? Are you READY?

Ta-da! Our little Rose is a total beauty. She didn’t inherit her mother’s hair color, unfortunately, but I think she got almost everything else from Gladys (plus Nile’s eye color). Desert Rose is Artistic and Disciplined, and she likes Kids music, hamburgers, and Irish Green.

She gets started right away with toddler training, and who’s the first one to help her learn to potty? Uncle Caspian, of course! (This is 100% because Caspian is in the right place at the right time: near the potty when Rose has to pee.)

Mommy helps Rose take her first steps.

There’s going to be a lot of toddler spam in the next couple chapters, okay? It’s not like you weren’t expecting it, right?

Nile tends to be a bit preoccupied with his writing, but when he remembers to come say hello to his baby girl, he does so with much enthusiasm.

Apparently every Kindle toddler’s favorite toy is the tank. Nobody plays with anything but the tank.

Rose also plays on the xylophone a lot. There’s no knowing what her future aspirations will be, but it’s good to open doors early. If nothing else, I enjoy watching nooboos when they’re surprised by the sound of music for the first time. :)

The other kiddos are doing well. They all do their homework every single day without me prompting them to, which is very nice for me (especially with a house of eight sims to keep track of). They also practice baking as much as possible. Clover, amazingly, bakes voluntarily without me prompting her. (Skyler needs a lot of prompting.)

Clover is the most passionate costume-wearer I’ve seen in a long time. This one has proven to be her favorite.

We have a new family member as well! I don’t know if I ever showed you all Leslie the Deathfish, whom Gladys caught in the Wishing Well and decided to keep as a pet. Well, Leslie died. I guess Deathfish do that. So now we have Neptune the Blowfish instead. Isn't he a cutie?

On his last day as a child, Skyler goes over to his best friend Karina Vasquez-Arellano’s house after school. These two have hung out a lot lately, and Skyler regularly rolls wishes to play games with her, invite her over, and become better friends with her. Do we have a future girlfriend on our hands...?

Prom night happens totally out of the blue––I think the game sends me a notification a few days prior, but I completely forget about it until the “limo comes in an hour, better get ready!” notification pops up. Oops! Time for Canyon to invite Bryan over really fast and ask him to prom!

Luckily, Bryan makes it in time and agrees to be Canyon’s date. The two of them ride in the limo together. Very far apart. Without looking at each other. Come on, guys, you’re already dating! There is no need to be this nervous!

Canyon and Bryan have a fantastic prom together. Canyon is elected prom king, and he and Bryan are widely recognized as the cutest couple at the dance with everyone copying their dance moves.

While his big brother is off having the time of his life, Skyler is aging up to teen! Sorry, bud––if I’d known prom was tonight, I’d have aged you up this morning. :(

“Hey Dad, how do I look?”

“I suggest you find a mirror promptly. I also recommend a paisley speedo.”

Skyler does find a mirror and goes back to his hat-wearing habit. I think he’s turning out to be quite handsome! Skyler also rolls the Angler trait. Time to join Gladys on her fishing expeditions!

Speaking of Gladys’s fishing expeditions, some of them don’t involve fishing for, uh, fish. She’s still keeping an eye out for spouses for her children. Now that Rose is a toddler, it’s time to start spying on the other toddlers out there, and WHOA. A bright-red-haired, bright-blue-eyed boy? Count me interested!

Francine is working hard towards her LTW of mastering painting and guitar. I think she’s less enthusiastic about painting now that she doesn’t have Ash as a painting companion, but she tries her best—and makes some of the prettiest paintings I’ve ever seen in-game. (Just this moment while writing this, I remembered that she is both Grumpy and a Perfectionist, which means she makes high-quality, blue-and-purple paintings. There ya go. My kind of art, people.)

Everyone in the household is quite busy with skilling and learning, and with hanging out together. I like how close the four kids seem to be, in spite of their differing ages and interests.

Skyler is discovering the wonder of the Slob trait and the delicate pleasure of licking a crumb-covered plate.

Canyon, meanwhile, is discovering that he’s not very good at making drinks. He keeps popping wishes to practice the skill, though, so maybe he’s got a bright future ahead of him as a mixologist.

And little Desert Rose is discovering how to use her legs. What an accomplished girl she is!

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2019, 01:58:18 AM »

Thanks deedee! Canyon does make the best faces. There are even more to come in future chapters. I don't think Nile has a career outfit, since he's a self-employed writer, but I have definitely seen career outfit-related glitches in many of my files. (If a sim becomes invisible, that's usually why.) Occasionally I've seen my sims get different hairstyles after autonomously taking a shower, for some reason, and I think that's what happened with Nile. Just a theory though. It was really weird!

Yes, I found the oddest outfits and hairstyles for my self-employed sims that shouldn't have career outfits, writers, painters, fisherman. It was pretty crazy.

Loved the update and Rose is darling. I especially like her potential spouse as I also have a thing for red haired sims! Good luck with the ginger snap Rose!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2019, 10:34:20 AM »
Who does the red-haired boy belong to? But if Rose gets heirship then we may have finally lost those Sargent cheeks at last! (Mixed feelings on that one...they're Iconic)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2019, 12:04:54 PM »
Yes, I found the oddest outfits and hairstyles for my self-employed sims that shouldn't have career outfits, writers, painters, fisherman. It was pretty crazy.

Loved the update and Rose is darling. I especially like her potential spouse as I also have a thing for red haired sims! Good luck with the ginger snap Rose!

That's really interesting! I'll keep an eye on Nile's outfits from now on. He still wears that speedo most of the time, of course...

I don't always (or often) go for red-haired spouses, but this particular shade of red is just so bright and birdlike, I think I might have to have it. Hopefully the kiddo gets some good traits as well!

Who does the red-haired boy belong to? But if Rose gets heirship then we may have finally lost those Sargent cheeks at last! (Mixed feelings on that one...they're Iconic)

Anyone want to guess who the boy's parents are? :)

Oh you're right, she doesn't have the Sargeant cheeks! I didn't even think about that. Now she's looking even more promising as a potential heir. I have mixed feelings about those cheeks too...I liked them at first, but I'm getting a bit weary of them.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2019, 12:16:45 PM »
Chapter 43 – Fishing Expeditions

Ah, more toddler spam. Didn’t I post another picture exactly like this in the last chapter? Or do I just have so many in my screenshots folder, I can’t keep track? Either way, I don’t care, because Desert Rose is adorable.

And here’s yet another picture of Caspian teaching his niece to potty. I like this one because you can see Caspian’s slightly shiny musculature.

Francine and Clover have been bonding lately. Francine is always checking up on her daughter, asking how her day was, and Clover is always interrupting her by swatting her with a pillow. Francine is good-natured about it. It works out.

Nile and Canyon have been bonding, too—in their weird, insane way.

Canyon: “Wow, Canyon, you can be so ANNOYING sometimes!”
Nile: *transcribes Canyon’s self-dialogue for use in satire novel*

One evening, as I’m speeding through everyone’s bedtime routines, I happen across Clover playing pretend while wearing her astronaut costume. Aww, how cute! And she’s outside under the night sky. Wait a second—Clover, are you—

—are you ON THE ROOF?

Yep. She’s on a section of roof jutting out over the front door. To this day, I have no idea how she got up there. There are no doorways from the second floor, no stairs, nothing. I guess she just glitched herself out there when I wasn’t looking and decided to pretend it was the moon.

“Excuse me, watcher? I can’t get off the roof…”

And whose fault is that, Captain Clover? *sigh* I guess I’ll have to teleport you back to earth.

Clover loves to play pretend in broad daylight, too. Nile picks up this spring rider for Rose to try out, but Clover makes it there first and occupies it for most of the weekend.

Rose has something else to ride—her new stroller that happens to match her color scheme. She seems to absolutely love it, based on this cute little giggle-and-shimmy she does every few seconds while riding it.

Gladys, by contrast, is having a bit of a hard time.

Rose and Clover also find time to be cute together. Clover is a sweetheart and pays lots of attention to her little cousin, just like Skyler did for her.

Whenever I leave Caspian and Canyon alone, they end up awkwardly trying and failing to get along.

Caspian: “Come on, faster, you namby-pamby! Get up on those skinny legs! The treadmill doesn’t need the workout, YOU do!”

Canyon: “Quiet, Uncle. I’m concentrating VERY HARD to figure out what these little numbers mean.”

Skyler’s shiny new Angler trait inspires him to try fishing for the first time. He heads out to the ravine behind the house to give it a try. It…doesn’t go very well.

It’s a good few hours before he catches his first goldfish.

“Would you look at that—a goldfish. Four hours of standing in the boiling sun for a goldfish. Great. I love this hobby.”

Gladys takes things into her own hands and invites her son out to her favorite fishing spot.

Skyler: “Mom, where are we going?? *pant, pant* Didn’t we pass the town line, like, two miles ago??”

Gladys: “You’ll see. Keep up, now!”

Skyler: “Mom, this is literally just a hole in the sand with some water in it. You seriously brought me all the way out here for this?”

Gladys: “Just wait, Skyler. Fishing is about patience and persistence. Give it some time before you start complaining.”

Well, Skyler doesn’t give it a lot of time. He needs a bathroom break (or so he says), so he takes off for the nearest house. There are a surprising number of houses out here in the middle of nowhere.

The first house he sees happens to be the bright pink concoction inhabited by the Lancasters. There, he meets the famous Leah, who is several days older than him and miraculously still single. Skyler and Leah hit it off and express attraction for one another, but Leah has to head to work before things can go too far.

After Leah leaves, Skyler spots a girl swimming at the neighborhood pool and decides to say hello. It’s Lacie Diwan! And she shows interest in Skyler, too.

I’m happy about this (I’ve been keeping an eye on Lacie because of her great genes and definite cuteness, you may remember), but I’m not so happy when Skyler starts “boasting about his fishing feats” (you caught one fish, dude) and Lacie openly yawns. She proceeds to yawn over the next five things that Skyler says to her. Not cool.

Skyler’s final stop is the home of his childhood best friend, Karina Vasquez-Arellano. They shake hands like normal people, and nothing happens. Then Karina turns around to lead Skyler into the house, and Skyler goes “Ooohhh.”

So Skyler finds all three girls he met today “Attractive Company”, and they all feel the same way about him. All right, Skyler, I see you. Quite the ladies’ man, aren’t we?

Skyler ends up spending the rest of the evening at Karina’s house instead of rejoining his mother at the fishing hole. At least he can talk about TV shows with Karina’s father (from whom she got most of her looks, it appears).

I try to have Skyler start flirting with Karina in the backyard, but as soon as he does so, the grill starts smoking (I guess Karina was cooking hot dogs). Then Karina’s mother comes out and starts playing guitar ten feet away. I feel like there are a lot of conflicting signs from the universe here—the hot dogs, the potential fire, the serenading—and I don’t know how to interpret any of them.

Skyler goes home with a few interesting wishes in his wish slots. He pops several wishes for Leah—to learn her sign, to become good friends with her, to invite her over, to whack her with a pillow—but he also pops a wish to kiss Lacie for the first time. I would consider that the strongest sign of interest, but I happen to dislike Lacie for yawning in Skyler’s face, so I’m not sure I’ll let him pursue her for that. Skyler doesn’t pop any wishes for Karina. Maybe the serenading scared him off.

At least one of the Kindle children has a simple love life. Canyon’s boyfriend Bryan has become quite a fixture in the household—he comes over all the time and has even become friends with Clover, playing tag with her for as long as she wants.

I guess you could say Canyon is pretty happy with his life right now? I think? I don't know. :o

More weirdness to come in the next one!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2019, 03:54:54 PM »
My solution for Skyler would be to kiss Lacie for the sweet 1,000 LTHP and dump her as karma. :P Too bad about Karina firing zero wishes for him but I have a soft spot for the cute and chubby ones in the Spousal Races.

Hmmm as for the red-haired baby, which Lancaster was Leah born to again? Maybe he's a later Lancaster kidlet from either the mother or daughter, since obviously red hair runs in that family (I remember colors but not names! Sad!) So not a sibling but maybe a bizarre uncle or nephew.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2019, 10:04:57 PM »
Rose! Rose! She's so freakin adorable!
Clover is the definition of a dedicated aspiring astronaut. I love her.

My solution for Skyler would be to kiss Lacie for the sweet 1,000 LTHP and dump her as karma. :P

I agree with Trip. Sweet, sweet revenge and the points aren't bad either. I tend to enjoy causing chaos in my games though.

I'm glad to see Canyon and Bryan are doing well! They're so cute together and it's so sweet Bryan befriended Clover.

Oh! Is the red-head boy's mother Sammi Claremont? They have similar eyes.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2019, 09:40:52 AM »
Aw! I wanted Canyon and Curtis Bryan to get together after the 'two princes' party and they did :).

anything