Author Topic: The Kindle Random Town Jump  (Read 40337 times)

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
Re: The Kindle Random Town Jump
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2019, 04:01:25 PM »
Oh Corrie...why are you making out with your future daughter-in-law's father? Why? Oh well. XD

I love how different the twins are from each other. It's fantastic! Gladys is also gorgeous. The makeover really helped to bring her natural beauty forward and she's such an adorable sim. I love her.

I'm excited to see who's going to be heir though to be honest, I'm attached to all three of the boys! I'm personally rooting for Niles and Caspian to stay in the same household, just to see how they clash. XD

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2019, 11:46:27 AM »
Ten years of dynasties and Chris has had ENOUGH of his good boy rep! Inappropriate sims are some of my favorites though. If you aren't accused of cheating are you even playing TS3?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2019, 05:09:16 PM »
I love how different the twins are from each other. It's fantastic! Gladys is also gorgeous. The makeover really helped to bring her natural beauty forward and she's such an adorable sim. I love her.

I love how different they are, too! They're basically complete opposites, which makes playing them really fun. I'm glad you liked Gladys's makeover!

I'm excited to see who's going to be heir though to be honest, I'm attached to all three of the boys! I'm personally rooting for Niles and Caspian to stay in the same household, just to see how they clash.

You'll find out in the next couple chapters who the heir is :) I like the idea of keeping Nile and Caspian together, but I may not be able to do so because of household space (and because I can only play so many sims at the same time before I lose my mind). We'll see!

Ten years of dynasties and Chris has had ENOUGH of his good boy rep! Inappropriate sims are some of my favorites though. If you aren't accused of cheating are you even playing TS3?

Haha! That's a brilliant explanation for Chris's behavior. I've come to love Inappropriate sims too. Weirdly enough, I avoided them like the plague for a long time, I guess because I thought all they did was run around insulting people. Turns out they're completely unpredictable and tons of fun to play.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2019, 05:27:02 PM »
Chapter 29 – Swimwear Wedding

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Nile’s bachelor party lasts a long time. Too long for this party dancer.

Okay, too long for basically everyone. Even the stove and dishwasher appear to have fallen asleep.

Even after the whole family turns in, the party doesn’t end. A couple of guests even make their way into Nile and Gladys’s bedroom for yet another nectar fight.

Understandably, Nile is a little peeved.

Lindy Ursine—who has been revived after her nap on the kitchen floor, apparently—will not be stopped.

“Nectar for everyone! Wheeee!”

The guests don’t all leave until well into the next morning. Nile and Gladys feel well-celebrated, at least. And tired. And probably hungover.

Anyway, it’s time for Rhone to go to prom! He shows up in his lime-green suit at the same time as his girlfriend Karie. This obscures the fact that I totally forgot to have him ask Karie to prom. Which is why Rhone ends up having an incredibly lame prom.

Aside from the fact that he’s voted Prom King, Rhone gets into a total of three fights, gets his foot stepped on, and gets turned down by two different people when he asks them to dance. Poor Rhone. I guess he just forgot that he has a girlfriend. :(

Life goes on in the Kindle household, despite prom tragedies. Ash and Corrie are both finished with their Lifetime Wishes, so they spend all their time relaxing and whacking each other with pillows.

And when they get a bit Stir Crazy, they go on romantic dates to the bistro.

Caspian’s favorite thing to do is scare his family members. Poor Corrie gets caught off-guard, even when her son is standing literally right in front of her as he prepares to jump out at her.

Caspian: “YAAAH!”
Corrie: “Oh, heavens, Caspian! You have scared me half to death!”

When the weekend hits, it’s time for Nile and Gladys to tie the knot. They throw a small wedding party at Old Pier Beach. I quickly realize that this is a bad idea, because all the guests end up swimming instead of participating in wedding festivities…but you know. It’s fine.

Also, something is screwy with the camera, so whenever I zoom in on the lovely couple, the wedding arch disappears.

These inconveniences aside, Nile and Gladys share a beautiful wedding in front of a beautiful backdrop wearing beautiful, wedding-appropriate outfits. (At least, Gladys is in a wedding-appropriate outfit.)

See, this is why the swimming thing is such a problem. The only people actually watching the ceremony are the Kindles, and not our Kindles—just Marcelo and Seraphina’s clan. (The gray-haired lady is a newly-aged-up Seraphina, and she’s standing between her two sons, Trinity and Tory. Margo is the girl with the dark hair hiding behind the wedding arch.)

In any case, Nile and Gladys are now happily married. Congratulations to the newest Mr. and Mrs. Kindle!

As the ceremony winds down and the dancing begins, Caspian and Francine are found conspiring together up by the beach chairs.

Caspian: “Hey, look, the wedding arch is unattended! We should pull a prank or something! Ha ha!”

“...Emphasis on or something.”

Why, Caspian, you sly, romantic rascal! Francine is totally on board with his spontaneous idea, and quickly runs off to change out of her swimsuit.

How convenient that Francine’s formalwear is white! She and Caspian meet up under the wedding arch. The few guests that aren’t swimming or dancing turn to wonder at what’s going on.

“Hey, everybody! Get your butts out of the water and COME WATCH ME GET MARRIED!

In the end, Francine and Caspian get a slightly bigger audience than Nile and Gladys did (and we can pretend the guests in the water are watching from afar).

These two have successfully hijacked one of Nile and Gladys's events for a SECOND time. Congrats, guys!

At times, it seems as though Caspian and Francine are actually the more affectionate and romantic of the two couples. Or maybe it’s just that Francine is so photogenic.

Awww. Love brings out the best in Evil sims. Jeez, how many pictures of these two do I have?

Okay, last one. In the next chapter…can you believe it? It’s time to make the leap to the next town!

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2019, 11:48:41 AM »
Chapter 30 – To The Desert!

As we wrap things up here in the lovely land of Sunset Valley, there is one main item on our agenda: choosing the heir. Let’s admire all three options in their finery, yeah?

...Right, so that’s who we have to choose from. This is going to be a difficult choice.

Actually, full disclosure—I kind of chose the heir a long time ago, when the twins were still toddlers. At least, I had an idea of who I would pick. That didn’t end up changing. The heir set to carry on the Kindle family legacy is...Nile! Congrats, young man, congrats.

I chose Nile for several reasons: because he has Blaise’s hair, because he’s Insane, because he’s adorable, and because he’s with Gladys. I was very tempted to change my mind and go with Caspian near the end, because I’m also a big fan of Francine, but I realized that Caspian and Francine were in many ways very similar to Ash and Corrie, at least in terms of their relationship. I decided to go with the less “obvious” choice and let Nile have a chance to shine.

So there’s that! Next item on the list: get Karie to join the family before we move towns. (I have to make use of cheats here, since she and Rhone both still have a couple days left as teenagers and I’m in a hurry to get out of here.)

Rhone still asks Karie to move in as a courtesy before I do the dirty deed and move her in by force. Karie is only too happy to leave her parents before she’s technically old enough. I think she’s still mad at her dad for making out with her future mother-in-law last chapter. In any case, welcome to the family, Karie!

Here’s Karie after a bit of a makeover—not much of one, because she’s already very glamorous in her own way. Karie is Neurotic, just like Rhone; she’s also Easily Impressed, a Coward, and a Virtuoso. Her favorite things are kids music, falafel, and the color violet.

The last day or so in Sunset Valley is spent hanging out together as a family of eight. We have a lot of artists and musicians in the family right now, so everybody pretty much clumps together in the art studio. (We also have a lot of non-artists who like to observe the artists, and one non-artist who likes to sneak up on a certain artist to scare the daylights out of her.)

The final step in preparing to move is a hard one: saying goodbye to the family members being left behind. Ash and Corrie cross town to bid farewell to Seraphina and Marcelo.

And I say goodbye along with them. I’m really going to miss those two—Seraphina in particular. (I will say, though, that I’m not going to miss Marcelo and Corrie making out every time they see each other. Thankfully, that doesn’t happen this time.)

That done, Ash and Corrie head back to their house for the last time, and I realize that I somehow managed to dress these two exactly the same. Whoopsie-doodle.

And with that…the Kindles’ time in Sunset Valley has come to a close. This town has treated them well, given them lots of friends and enemies (mostly friends), and blessed them with innumerable adventures and memories. It’s time to move on to a new part of the world and start fresh!

Farewell, Sunset Valley.

I feel like this ought to be the end of a chapter…but surprise, it’s a short flight to the next town.

Welcome to Lucky Palms! I’ve never played in this town before, so I’m very excited to try it out. I also think it’s the perfect town for an heir and heiress that both have the Lucky trait. :)

The Kindles move into this pre-built house on the edge of town. Ash’s sold paintings have given us enough funds to buy one of the more expensive houses, thank goodness. We’re going to need the space!

Here’s the main floor of “Symphony on the Cube”. Much of the main floor remains unchanged, but I expanded the kitchen and renovated the garage into a nursery and two additional bedrooms. I also recolored a couple of furniture items that were colored, um, rather badly, in my opinion. And took down the FOUR HOT PINK AND PURPLE PAINTINGS that someone decided to put on the living room wall. Can someone please explain that one to me?

And here’s the upper floor. This didn’t need any renovations.

Ash sets foot in his new house and does the first thing he always does, no matter where he is or what’s happening: he pulls out his guitar and starts playing. Gotta test out those acoustics, you know?

The rest of the family settles comfortably into their new home. Caspian and Francine autonomously work out together in front of the (rather tiny) TV.

Caspian: “Teehee, I can see your armpit!”
Francine: “Ugh, could you BE less mature?”

Caspian evidently takes this comment to heart. Workout done, he puts in a call to the Lucky Palms real estate office. He decides that it’s time for him and Francine to move out and find their own place.

They end up moving to a little house right across the street, which is convenient. But as it turns out, having them so close by also makes me strongly reconsider having them move at all. But more on that at a later date. For now, at least, let’s wish Caspian and Francine a happy move. *unenthusiastic applause*

The remaining family enjoys their first dinner in the new house—some nice, hot Stu Surprise whipped up by Nile, who has become quite an accomplished cook.

This house is already causing some routing issues. Nobody can get to the kitchen sink to wash dishes no matter which countertop I stick it in, so everybody ends up clogging up the downstairs bathroom to use that sink. There also are some issues with the outdoor part of the lot—my sims are having to walk all the way around the outside of the house to get to certain parts of the lot, and the like. It’s rather frustrating. At least everyone is showing a certain amount of responsibility and helpfulness in trying to clean up after dinner?

After the meal, a couple of friendly neighbors stop by to welcome the family to Lucky Palms. Naturally, Corrie accepts their welcome in the only way she knows how. *sigh*

Thank goodness for Gladys and her common sense.

“I know mothers-in-law are supposed to be difficult, but you—you are something else!

Now that Karie and Rhone live in the same house (a very rare privilege for teenagers in love), they spend almost all their spare time together. Karie has really taken to the piano, and Rhone has really taken to watching her play. ;)

The next day is the teens’ first day at this high school, and their last day at any high school. (Karie, pull your skirt down! Sorry, everyone.)

With the younger ones at school and most of the other adults braving their first days of work, Nile and Gladys start working on the next generation. It’s about time. Let’s hope they get lucky!

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2019, 03:51:17 PM »
I love deserts and teenage emancipation. Lucky Palms starts off with a lot of pregnancies to begin with, so the new heir or spare (who knows yet?) will have a lot of great choices. I always find Lucky Palms exciting like that.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2019, 05:33:05 AM »
Apparently, this also throws off Nile’s depth perception.

That looked to me as though he was literally diving into the cake (particularly given the swimming trunks) :)

Really enjoying the madness  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2019, 01:22:50 PM »
I'll chime in here, I'm also enjoying the story. I wish I could write creatively like you and others here. Oh well, I'll just read and enjoy. :)

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2019, 02:39:13 PM »
And I'm enjoying the story as well, especially since Lucky Palms is one of my last towns in my TJ game. Looking forward to seeing the original residents around town and what some of their children may look like as I haven't played there much myself. I'm sure your Kindles will add some spice to the town though!

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2019, 05:45:06 PM »
I love deserts and teenage emancipation.

This made me crack up. Such a beautiful sentence!

Lucky Palms starts off with a lot of pregnancies to begin with, so the new heir or spare (who knows yet?) will have a lot of great choices. I always find Lucky Palms exciting like that.

I forgot about that aspect of Lucky Palms! I'm super excited now.

That looked to me as though he was literally diving into the cake (particularly given the swimming trunks) :)

Really enjoying the madness  ;D

Oh my gosh, it does look like that. How did I not see that? Thanks for reading, hazelnut! :)

I'll chime in here, I'm also enjoying the story. I wish I could write creatively like you and others here. Oh well, I'll just read and enjoy. :)

Thank you so much, Sonshine! I'm happy you're enjoying the Kindles. TS3 is fun to write about because it provides so much hilarity on its own, and there's so much room for creativity. I'm sure you'd have lots of eager readers here on the forum if you ever wanted to write your own story!

Edit: I just realized that you're the one who's writing the Grow As You Go Farmacy story that I just read (and greatly enjoyed) the other day, lol. I'm so glad you're writing!

And I'm enjoying the story as well, especially since Lucky Palms is one of my last towns in my TJ game. Looking forward to seeing the original residents around town and what some of their children may look like as I haven't played there much myself. I'm sure your Kindles will add some spice to the town though!

I'll try to include some screenshots of townie children when they start appearing. I'm fascinated by townie genetics too (one of the many reasons I love RTJs). :)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2019, 11:57:13 PM »

Thank you so much, Sonshine! I'm happy you're enjoying the Kindles. TS3 is fun to write about because it provides so much hilarity on its own, and there's so much room for creativity. I'm sure you'd have lots of eager readers here on the forum if you ever wanted to write your own story!

Edit: I just realized that you're the one who's writing the Grow As You Go Farmacy story that I just read (and greatly enjoyed) the other day, lol. I'm so glad you're writing!

Thanks Amaranthin!

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2019, 06:10:37 PM »
Chapter 31 – Confetti & Possible Mermaids

Let’s start off with a couple of very exciting birthdays—Rhone and Karie are both aging up to young adult!

Corrie: *cackles wickedly*
Rhone: “Mom, stop! This is supposed to be uplifting, not traumatizing!”

Karie is the smart one. She starts aging up before Corrie even gets close enough to start laughing at her.

Rhone ages up with the Good Sense of Humor trait, adding that to his Neurotic, Eccentric, Clumsy, and Bookworm traits. He decides he wants to be a Monster Maker—a very appropriate Lifetime Wish for a kid who displayed a playful fascination with monsters (that is, the Grim Reaper) as a child.

And Karie becomes a Workaholic. Her other traits are Neurotic, Easily Impressed, Coward, and Virtuoso. She chooses the Living in the Lap of Luxury LTW.

Gladys is waiting patiently to find out if she’s pregnant or not. She spends some late-night hours being a mermaid swimming in the pool under the stars.

Later that night, I come across her making this face while sitting on the toilet. Uh…hon, you okay?

Oh. Turns out she’s just expecting a baby. She must REALLY not have been feeling well. Yay, it’s almost Kindle generation four, people!

The next morning, freshly adultified and ready to rumble, Karie and Rhone discuss getting their own place.

But first, there’s something important they have to do.

After somehow convincing Karie to put on her fanciest dress, Rhone takes his girlfriend out into the backyard and asks her to marry him.

She says yes, and they exchange their vows right then and there. What a beautifully colorful couple they make!

I’m happily watching them exchange rings, turning the camera around to find the best angle, when I find THIS. Nile! What are you doing lurking in the pool like that?!

“I’m watching the ceremony. What does it look like I’m doing?”

“Ignore me, guys. I need some sun on these pale, hairless shinbones.”

Gosh, Nile, I never knew you could be so creepy! *shudder* Anyway, now that they’re happily married and possibly scarred for life, it’s time for them to enjoy their first woohoo and—

NILE! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!

Oh, okay. Turns out he’s just going out to watch his dad play guitar on the roof. Wait, Ash, what are YOU doing hanging out outside the newlyweds’ private suite?!

“It’s my room. You put the newlyweds in my room.”

Oh. Well…still!

In the end, it doesn’t even matter that Rhone and Karie have an audience for their first woohoo, because it’s their high school graduation, apparently, and the WHOLE DANG WORLD stops for graduation. Before the newlyweds can even get their socks off, the game forces them into these stupid hats and robes and showers them in confetti.

So anyways, everybody goes to City Hall for graduation. Rhone is voted Most Likely to Burn Down Their Own House, maybe because he’s Eccentric and wants to invent things? And poor Karie is voted Most Likely to be Mediocre. (These Lucky Palms quacks just don’t know her very well yet.)

With graduation over and the sun setting over the desert, Rhone and Karie FINALLY get some privacy and try for baby at last.

And with that, off they go to their new house alllllll the way across town in the middle of nowhere. Bye, guys! See you around!

In other family news…Caspian and Francine are back! I had originally planned to move both non-heir boys out with their spouses, but I quickly realized that I missed Caspian and Francine. The house felt a little too quiet and empty without them around. Plus, @mpart made a comment saying how nice it would be if the twins stayed together so we could watch their personalities clash. :) After some consideration, I found that I agree wholeheartedly. With a little bit of Edit Town action, I moved Caspian and Francine back into the household, and moved Karie and Rhone into the house across the street instead. All is well!

Except…not all is well. For the couple days that they lived elsewhere, Caspian and Francine had some disagreements. I got several notifications that they’d been at each other’s throats, arguing, fighting, and the like. When they rejoin the household, I find that their relationship has deteriorated and they’re hardly even speaking to each other. So naturally, when I try to encourage them to try for a baby…it doesn’t go well.

Francine: “But don’t you want to have kids? I thought you wanted to have kids!”
Caspian: “I said EVENTUALLY! We’ve just had to move twice in two days, do you really think I’m in the mood for ROMANCE right now?”

I suspect a combination of Karie’s Unflirty trait and Caspian’s Evil trait are contributing to these relationship difficulties. I guess we’ll just have to give it time and hope these two can go back to being inseparable one day. :(

In the meantime, we have Gladys to be excited about. Her belly swells rapidly over the next couple of days, as does Nile’s current novel. (He’s been writing like a fiend lately.)

Nile is definitely excited to be a parent, but I think he’s also experiencing some major nerves. When he’s not writing, he spends a lot of time floating in the pool at night with this scared look on his face. Nile, are you sure you aren’t the mermaid in the family?

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2019, 10:12:13 PM »
Nile, stop being a creep! Let the newlyweds enjoy their moment!
I'm so happy you took my suggestion! I hope Caspian and Francine can repair their relationship soon.
Gladys is such an adorable sim. She just seems so happy.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2019, 10:53:55 AM »
"unflirty" ah...a lot of people might hate sims who are slobs or mean but that one is my dealbreaker. :P Caspian is a brave man for even moving back in.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2019, 11:50:02 AM »
I enjoy playing Evil Sims and Unflirty Sims more than Social Butterflies. I never realized just how much attention they MUST have. If her husband is not constantly showering her with it, she gets an 8 hour 'I'm Invisible' moodlet and attention after that doesn't make it go away. On the flip side, when he does compliment her, she gets a 'Duh, of course I'm beautiful' moodlet which really irritates me. Be very, very, careful with a Social Butterfly who's a Diva, Dramatic, a Snob, and a Party Animal! But at least she likes to Flirt!