Author Topic: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: My Generation (Nov 3)  (Read 73602 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: The Home Stretch (Nov 1)
« Reply #285 on: November 01, 2019, 08:05:27 PM »
Yaaay, your next heir is already decided! I imagine that must be a relief for the Watcher for multiple reasons, especially the spouse hunt.
Gratz to Kale on maxing the Villain career, all 11 levels. What are your plans for him now?
Does Kale have a love interest?

Holly the hippie will be a great heir! But we didn't get to hear Hazel's "hair talk."

P.S. What a great screenshot of Holly. I added it to the Sharebears Rules thread. :)

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: The Home Stretch (Nov 1)
« Reply #286 on: November 03, 2019, 04:57:10 PM »
Yaaay, your next heir is already decided! I imagine that must be a relief for the Watcher for multiple reasons, especially the spouse hunt.
Gratz to Kale on maxing the Villain career, all 11 levels. What are your plans for him now?
Does Kale have a love interest?

Holly the hippie will be a great heir! But we didn't get to hear Hazel's "hair talk."

P.S. What a great screenshot of Holly. I added it to the Sharebears Rules thread. :)
It's always nice to have the heir decided before the YA birthday.  It makes planning spouses, careers, etc. a lot easier.   :)

My plan is to keep Kale in the house until we need the space.  He doesn't have a love interest right now, mostly because he has the loner trait.  There's still time, though.  *wheels turning*

Thanks for adding Holly to the Sharebears thread.  I knew you would be on it quick!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: My Generation (Nov 3)
« Reply #287 on: November 03, 2019, 05:40:50 PM »
My Generation

My Generation by The Who- 1965
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

From Holly’s diary

I met the dreamiest boy at school the other day.  His name is Mondo and he just moved here with his twin brother and their guardian.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Mondo asked me to hang out with him at the Humor and Hijinks Festival in the city.  Of course I said yes.  It was a school night, though, so I had to ask the folks for permission.  I waited until Dad got home from work and met him in the driveway.  I usually have the best luck getting what I want from Dad.

This time Dad said, “Ask your mother.”  And Mom already had school projects set up.  Ugh! 

At least everyone was there to help.  Everyone but Luz, that is.  Mom never makes Luz do school projects or homework or anything. 

When we were done, Mom said we could go to the festival!  I brought Ivy along to meet Mondo’s brother.  The brother’s name is Armand and he’s almost as cute as Mondo.  Almost.  Oh, and I met this other groovy dude named Hamza.   

We all joined the cool team, the pranksters.  Luz came, too, so she could work on her mischief.  And think I saw Uncle Kale.  I bet Mom sent him to keep an eye on us.

That night, I tried bubbles for the first time.  It was far out.

I was afraid I might choke and embarrass myself in front of Mondo and Hamza, but I didn’t!

Ivy refused to try the bubbles, but I think she had a good time at the festival anyway.  She and Armand seemed to hit it off.

When we got home, I stayed up all night practicing the piano.  I really, really wanted to finish the Musical Genius aspiration so I could pick something else.  After hours and hours of practice, I finally got it.

The next night, I went on my first official date with Mondo.  And Mom couldn’t even complain about it being a school night. This was for my new aspiration and therefore it would benefit the legacy.  Ha!

Mondo agreed to be my first boyfriend and we shared our first kiss.

Yes, I said first boyfriend.  I don’t plan on tying myself down anytime soon.

After my date with Mondo, I met up with Jonathan.  I gotta be honest, the dude wears threads that are…questionable.

He’s also not nearly as cute as Mondo, but I liked Jonathan enough to go on a date with him. 

This new aspiration is the grooviest.  Maybe this legacy stuff won’t be such a drag after all.

From Luz’s journal

Yesterday I went over to Dad’s house to spend some time with my baby sister.  It’s too soon to tell, but I hope she takes after Dad.  It would be a bummer if she looked like Sadie.  Anyway, Dad was there, too, and we talked about the plans for my young adult birthday.

No big parties for me.  Just family. 

I’m proud to say that I earned five character-values.  Finally, my hard work paid off!  Mwahahahaha!

And somehow I still have a good reputation.  Suckers!

I made sure to give Auntie Hazel a big hug.  She’s always been supportive of me, even though my chosen path may not be the conventional one.

Then it was time to get a job.  I never thought I’d be working for The Man, as Holly calls it.  But thanks to my good grades in high school, which I might have fudged, (shhh…don’t tell!) I was hired as a Command Center Lead.  If I play my cards right, someday I might get paid to go into outer space.

And in my free time, I’m gonna keep working on the rocket I built with Ivy.  If I can get this worm-hole generator thing figured out, I might be able to get to Sixam.

From Ivy’s diary

Holly was in a funk the other day when we got home from school.  I know I shouldn’t laugh, but I think it’s funny when she goes on and on about the Establishment, and rules, and blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, that was our last of day school.  Since it’s almost our birthday, Mom said we could use our vacation days and go to Granite Falls. 

The first thing we did in Granite Falls was…sleep.  Club meetings don’t work here so we couldn’t Rally the Troops.  It was weird sleeping in a bed, but kinda nice.

In the morning, Mom tried to show me how to fish.  I can’t really say that I ever got the hang of it.  I just don’t love the outdoors as much as Mom and Holly. 

Holly, on the other hand, is having the time of her life in Granite Falls.  Not only does she get to be outdoors all the time, she’s also making a lot of…um…friends.

We celebrated Dad’s birthday here in Granite Falls.  He’s officially middle-aged now. 

When we get home, it will be time for Holly and me to age up.  I cannot wait to be a young adult.  I want to join Luz in the astronaut career and hopefully be a space ranger someday.  And Holly?  Well, she’s going to have to start acting like an heir, isn’t she?

Notes: I completely forgot that Basil and Sadie tried for a baby at their wedding.  Surprise!  Luz has a half-sister, Maddy.

Armand and Mondo LeBlanc were added to my game as teens.  The LeBlancs are the designated spouse pair for Gen 6 Sharebears.  We’re going to need a different primary spouse for this generation, though, because the LeBlancs don’t have unique traits for my legacy. 

My time period for this generation is the 1960s/early 1970s.  Luz is dressed as a beatnik (the predecessor of the hippie), Holly is obviously our hippie flower child, and Ivy is more mainstream 1960s/70s.   The 60s were the decade of the space race, so it’s the perfect time for Luz and Ivy to be in the astronaut career.   Computers were becoming more widespread, but weren’t exactly household items yet.  As such, the Behrs won’t get an actual computer until the next generation (their typewriters serve that function for now).

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: My Generation (Nov 3)
« Reply #288 on: November 03, 2019, 06:58:49 PM »
Haha, what a great idea for Holly to win all her hearts in Granite Falls!
And good ole Luz, earning the Behr Legacy yet another point! :)

Because the designated spouse pair as YAs didn't offer unique traits, I added them to the game as toddlers to reset all three traits.
The only thing I retained was their original aspiration.
I love how the same sims can appear so different in different legacies!
Your explanation of this generation's timelines is much appreciated.