Author Topic: The Maids of Willow Creek: A Pinstar Legacy Challenge (GRAVEYARD)  (Read 1153 times)

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
The Maids of Willow Creek: A Pinstar Legacy Challenge (GRAVEYARD)
« on: September 08, 2014, 03:28:25 AM »
The Maids of Willow Creek

Sometimes at midnight, her dreams were tortured with violent memories of a faraway world. Wide awake, she struggled to piece them together. There always seemed to be battle, and then there were knights: she seemed strangely drawn to the white cloaked, golden haired one. 

And everything was overshadowed by a terrible sense of urgency, as if the days were numbered and there were many promises to keep. At that point, she would simply wake her husband and cuddle up to him. He felt so safe, so secure, so... predictable

"They used to call me a maid." she'd whisper.
"A maid? A milkmaid?" he'd laugh.
"No, no...a maid of Tarth."
"How rude! Lets call you the Maid of Willow Creek." he'd say wryly.
"And they used to call me a Beauty too." she chuckled.

Brienne always wondered why her heart seemed to throb so badly as she laughed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a huge fan of the Game of Thrones but other than Brienne dealing with her confused memories, there will not be much reference to the series! Pinstar's rules are yet not fully updated, so there will be a lot of changes to the point system.

Disclaimer: All the character references herein are the work of George Martin

Succession Laws
Gender Law: Strict Matriarchy
Bloodline Law: Strict Traditional
Heir Law: Merit

Point Table
Family
Creative
Fortune
Love
Knowledge
Athletic
Nature
Food
Popularity
Deviance

Table of Content
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline ve1ocity

• Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
The Maids
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 04:31:52 AM »
The Maids: Character Statistics

Founder: Brienne Willows
Traits: Active, Clumsy, Family Oriented
Aspiration: Athletics
Spouse: Hodden
Traits: Foodie, Geek, Insanse
Aspiration: Soulmate
Children
Jaime
Traits: Neat, Evil, Foodie
Aspiration: Angling Ace
Mission Unnamed

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ve1ocity

• Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
Chapter 1: Awakening
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 04:41:00 AM »
Chapter 1: Awakening

Brienne blinked her eyes against the blazing sunlight. She clutched her throbbing head. Her throat was parched and her whole body felt numb. It was warm, too warm.

For a moment she wanted to die.

Memories came flooding back. A grim father, the death of her beloved king, the lady stoneheart... it was all very jumbled up and made her head throb worse.

She did not know how long she lay there. It just felt so...safe. Finally she crawled to her feet. To her surprise, her feet held her up. Tentatively, she took a step forwards.

She looked at the piece of parchment in her hand.

"Your memories will fade." it said. "The wheel of time spins very strangely. Till then, remember the words of those who've crossed the great divide: money, silence and honour, Fair Maid of Tarth!"

She tried to figure out what the three meant. Was she supposed to play dumb? Honour, she alwasy had and mighty trouble it had given her. And money...well there didn't seem to be any in the green field and she was in no mood to go digging!

She slowly started to walk around. This place, wherever it was, was different. There were houses that just weren't houses.

"Good Morning!" A soft voice said disturbing her soliloquy.

"You must be Brienne." The man said. He had light brown hair and a very nice smile. "I'm your new boss, Geoffrey Landgraab and I've heard great things of you. Shall we set off to look around town?"

Brienne nodded numbly, marveling at his outlandish outfit. He spoke her tongue, so she could not be so far off from home. But his clothes, they were so different. And her clothes, they just were not the sort she usually wore. She felt so...uncovered. But then what were her usual clothes like? She was already starting to forget.

"Lets set off to the archives first." The man said oblivious of her discomfort. "There's plenty of interesting things I'd love to show you."

She nodded feeling relieved. Archives was one word she understood.

Thirty minutes later, sitting beside the man in front of a weird box with letters written all over it, she decided that even the known was the unknown here. And that journey in the weird carriage, all pumping noise and smoke...she shuddered inwardly.

"You are not familiar with computers?" The man clucked gently. "Well well, with all the secretive training you must have had, I'm not too surprised. You specialize in martial skills I hear. Let me show you... You will need to do plenty of undercover work here."

Two hours later he finally gave up.
"I should highly recommend a tech course in the curriculum." he said cheerfully. "Lets go off to the gym to get you pumped up."

Gym? She felt a sudden spurt of fear. Whatever could that be?

Ten minutes later, vigorously punching away, she decided that the unknown was not too scary over here.

"You are good, very good." Geoffrey said approvingly. It takes many years to build a perfect athlete like you. Mark my word, you'll pick up those tech skills in days!"

He was nice, this man. He even apologized for the nice cozy bed he had given her.

"I'm very sorry. We were notified of your arrival only today and the Boss told that you were more than used to camp out. He said just a bed would do. I hate it, leaving a girl like that. I wanted to keep you at my place, but he insisted..." his face was a blurr of worry.

She could only smile. Even to her inexperienced eye, she could see that the material on the very small bed was of the best quality, the sort the lords slept on. The other apparatus, however, needed some exploring, obviously without this weird man around.

Author's Ramble: Time travel is obviously not my forte! And I love comments!
Mission Unnamed

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
Re: The Maids of Willow Creek: A Pinstar Legacy Challenge
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 07:21:10 AM »
What a clever introduction! I love Brienne too! I made a Brienne Sim but I haven't used her yet. Looking forward to reading the next installation!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline ve1ocity

• Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
Chapter 2: Beckonings
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 11:50:53 AM »
Chapter 2: Beckonings

Brienne's frustration only increased as the days passed by. It wasn't actually the new technologies. She liked the chamber pot that didn't stink, the iced larder that kept food from going bad and the pump that gave water so easily. She wasn't too fond of the cooking heart though. It was mush more easier when you made the fire by yourself.

Rather it was her fast disappearing memories. And she desperately tried to cling onto them: even the stink of blood and the rude knights.

Geoffrey proved to be a very patient teacher. In returned she was a diligent pupil. Everyday she would exhaust herself by jogging and exercising. Finally she was able to figure out how to use the computer without creating a minor disaster.

One night, Geoffrey had a surprise for her.

"What about checking out the local nightlife?"He asked. "Time to familiarize yourself with the regulars and perhaps snitch a hot date!"

Proving her theory that the unfamiliar was usually the familiar, what Geoffrey meant by nightlife seemed to be the regular taverns she was used to, though the music was much too loud for her taste.

She could not, however, figure out what he meant by a hot date. "Any guy that catches your fancy, Brienne?" Geoffrey whispered. "Tell me, and I will set you up on a date."

Ah date...so it meant courtship!

Procreate... The words on the parchment were still clear in her dimming memory.

So she was to find a suitable knight to court. Brienne hated courtship in all aspects. However she was not unaware that in this new place, she was of average height and there were women with shingled hair like hers.

She slowly walked around searching for a suitable man to court. What a strange world, where women made the decisions of love!

Blue eyed, golden haired Travis...perhaps a bit too hurtful for memory. Specially those she wanted to forget.

He has an appealing wink...but oh what a hat! Even her abysmal fashion sense did not approve!

Hunky Don...ah she knew that type. Did he think he could charm her?

And this guy...well he sure knew to juggle some bottles! Quite impressible! Impressible enough to ignore his name, which turned out to be Hodden! 

Courting in this new place turned out to be quite different than Brienne expected. For one it involved a lot of boring talk without exactly getting to the point. Talk about job, family...and this man even loved cooking! Brienne couldn't imagine anything less perfect!

The fact he seemed to like her back irked her. This was the first time that any man had shown her explict romantic interest. Their first too dates were not the bes but yet he had the courtesy to send her two books as a present. As it was, her sense of sarcasm had not evolved enough to realize that these were books on charisma!

Finally Hodor suggested that he moved in with her. She was reluctant of the offer but he persuaded that it was the best thing to do, specially with her sleeping-under-the-stars situation. She certainly did not begrudge the roof over her head and the comfort of the thin yet solid walls. He insisted on seperate beds, but soon they became very comfortable with each other's friendship.

Getting intimate was another thing. His passionate kisses made her nervous, to say the very least!

"Well Brienne, I know I will never understand you." Hodden said one night- "But there's something I meant to ask you all around. Will you marry me?"

Author's Ramble
Given the complexity of Brienne's situation, I wish I could write this chapter with more depth and brevity. However, I am more immersed with the game than storytelling at the moment. But hopefully, someday,  will find more time to edit and add more character and romance to the story of these two!
Mission Unnamed

Offline ve1ocity

• Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 11:59:48 AM »
What a clever introduction! I love Brienne too! I made a Brienne Sim but I haven't used her yet. Looking forward to reading the next installation!

Thank you jillz! Sim creation is not my strongest point, but I tried to give Brienne justice! As I myself felt while writing the last chapter, this would be a really lovey, complex story arch had I been less immersed with gameplay. Hope you like these new chapters :)! And HODDEN! He reminds me of Hodor: and he happens to be insane as well!
Mission Unnamed

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 04:53:37 PM »
Wow. I know about the Game of Thrones but I never watched the show. Taking a character from there and making her a legacy founder was a big challenge! I love it. ^_^
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 05:30:49 PM »
I love that you choose Brienne, she is such an amazing character in the series,  and your version of her is gorgeous.

Offline ve1ocity

• Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 12:57:55 AM »
And we are over before we even started :( I forgot to save and lost my game after crashing.

So...time to restart:(
Mission Unnamed