Author Topic: The Simazing Race: 5 Worlds, 5 Challenges  (Read 19504 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
The Simazing Race: 5 Worlds, 5 Challenges
« on: June 24, 2019, 06:34:50 AM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Goal
We're sending your Sim on a trip around Sim world: Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, and Newcrest are definitely on the list; the other two worlds are up to you. If you don't have 2 additional worlds, you can re-use 2 of the base game ones. In each world, your Sim will have a different challenge to work on. Try to complete the race as fast as you can -- the winning Sim gets 1 million simoleons, courtesy of Rosebud Associates.

General Challenge Rules

Specific Challenge Rules
  • In CAS (no Story Mode), create 1 Young Adult human Sim.
  • No additions to the household.
  • No moving.
  • No changing life state.
  • Clubs are not allowed.
  • Your Sim must begin the first challenge by 9 am on the first day.
  • You are allowed to use the Buydebug cheat to purchase a satellite to prevent abductions.
  • Your Sim has to stay in each challenge world until that challenge is completed. Your Sim can't ask other Sims to join him or her.
  • A community lot may be added to Newcrest.
  • After each challenge, your Sim will have a mandatory rest period on his or her home lot of at least 12 Sim hours before going to the next challenge. Your Sim may not work on any challenge during the rest period, and can only do things that raise needs. Before beginning the next challenge, your Sim's needs should all be in the green.
  • This challenge concludes when your Sim has finished the last challenge in the 5th world. Plug in the necessary information into Lena's spreadsheet. Here.
Pick a different challenge below to accomplish for each of the 5 worlds. All 5 challenges must be done. --

1. Make friends with 5 residents of that world
2. Earn $50 in tips
3. Catch 5 unique fish
4. Win 5 games of chess against 5 different residents of that world (Note: You cannot do this challenge in the same world as #1)
5. Reach level 5 fitness

Scoring
Your starting lot is your break area. The only things you can do on your home lot is fulfilling a Sim's needs. As soon as you leave the boundaries of your home lot, note the time because the clock starts ticking in the first challenge world. When your Sim finishes the challenge, pause and note the amount of time it took. Add up all 5 times for your total score. Use Lena's Spreadsheet to help with scoring.

Example: Phil Kesim took 5 hours and 25 minutes to make 5 friends; 12 hours to earn $50 in tips; 3 hours to catch 5 unique fish; 10 hours and 20 minutes to win 5 games of chess; and 12 hours to reach level 5 of fitness for a total of 42 hours and 45 minutes.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we may ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, MarianT, sdhoey, and LenaLJ) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Total Time (minutes)
thekatie04091473
Rainbow Dash1515
BallerinaHippo1592
Nikitachi1707
LenaLJ1865
reggikko1936
Nandarelle1969
Deveroux2308
Syrcen2310
SoulGal72476
Elinoee2537
Metropolis Man2879
Eighty8Keys3049
MarianT3154
furbyqueen3193
MxRainbow3453
SIMantics1014299
mariposa11274674
JocyMc4675
junegem5092
CynKuy5426
sone5996
coolsim99999996057
techiechick6169
Noyo6360
sdhoey6735
Deklitch6939
kattiq7390

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
Re: The Simazing Race: 5 Worlds, 5 Challenges
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 06:57:32 AM »
Hey, I used to watch this show, I like the racing challenges too!  :D Starting the question train early because I have a lot. Are you really that surprised lol

I'm gonna take a wild guess that Occults are banned right? Because most of them get a skill boost of some kind or powers that could benefit them in some way.

Pick a different challenge below to accomplish for each of the 5 worlds --

So no doing the same challenge twice then?

Your Sim has to stay in each challenge world until that challenge is completed. Your Sim can't ask other Sims to join him or her.

So, I'm assuming clubs are out of the question then?

I'm assuming we are allowed to place community lots or edit the existing ones in Newcrest according to our needs? If so are there limitation on what we are allowed to place? Are some community lots banned?

Are vacation worlds allowed?

I realize that asking about Occults and Clubs may be considered as strategy questions by the team but these questions are going to get asked anyway so I figured I may as well post them here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 08:28:40 AM »
@Rainbow Dash, since you've watched the show, you know that players don't suddenly become vampires or mermaids in the middle. Nevertheless, we've changed the rules to keep the Sims human.

And yes, you must complete all 5 challenges.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 08:39:10 AM »
Posted by: MarianT« on: Today at 08:28:40 AM »@Rainbow Dash, since you've watched the show, you know that players don't suddenly become vampires or mermaids in the middle. Nevertheless, we've changed the rules to keep the Sims human.

And yes, you must complete all 5 challenges.

Lmao, you got me there, I haven't watched the show in a very long time but now I realized how silly that question sounded, I'm not sure where my mind was at when I asked that.  :P

I'm still not sure what to do with Newcrest though as there's nothing there and I don't think Sims visit that world.  :-\

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 10:27:27 AM »
This challenge looks like quick fun.

Two questions:
 - The no moving rule - does that mean within a world?  Don't you move to the next world?  Or do you just visit there?
 - The last world - do you need a rest period before you're done or does it end as soon as you finish the last challenge?

Thanks!

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 11:20:01 AM »
This challenge looks like quick fun.

Two questions:
 - The no moving rule - does that mean within a world?  Don't you move to the next world?  Or do you just visit there?

Your home base -- starting lot -- does not change. You're visiting other worlds for the sole purpose to do one of the five challenges. You're not actually moving there.

- The last world - do you need a rest period before you're done or does it end as soon as you finish the last challenge?

Thanks!

You would be done when the 5th challenge at the 5th world is finished. No need to tack on another 12 hours.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 11:21:11 AM »
This looks awesome and I can't wait to give it a go. I love challenges where I only have to keep track of one or two Sims.

As to raising fun during rest periods, we are limited to things that cannot be used in the challenges, correct? Once we complete a challenge, can we then use those? For example, after the win 5 games of chess is complete, we would be able to use chess to build fun, but not before, right?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline furbyqueen

• Llama Wrangler
  • doo?
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 12:53:00 PM »
As a huge TAR fan, I'm so excited. Might make a Rachel Reilly sim just for this challenge
***Fontaine Legacy [ON HIATUS]***

• Lauren
  • Lyla
  • Leah
  • LucyLyndon Lily
  • Leanne
  • Laney
  • Luna
  • Lorraine (A)
  • Lincoln (C)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 02:22:53 PM »
This looks awesome and I can't wait to give it a go. I love challenges where I only have to keep track of one or two Sims.

As to raising fun during rest periods, we are limited to things that cannot be used in the challenges, correct? Once we complete a challenge, can we then use those? For example, after the win 5 games of chess is complete, we would be able to use chess to build fun, but not before, right?

You're correct. Prep work for a challenge may not be done during the rest period, but after a challenge is finished, you could do something like play chess or fish to raise fun.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 03:59:26 PM »
Are we allowed to add any lots to Newcrest?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2019, 05:13:38 PM »
Are we allowed to add any lots to Newcrest?

Send a PM to the team with specifics. Generally, for any challenge file, you play in a virgin, unaltered town. However, if a community building like a spa or a bar is missing, then you can place it before you go into Live mode.

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2019, 08:47:38 PM »
@Rainbow Dash, since you've watched the show, you know that players don't suddenly become vampires or mermaids in the middle. Nevertheless, we've changed the rules to keep the Sims human.
We don't know that.  I mean, they don't show us everything.  They might edit that out for insurance purposes.

Still.  Yeah.

Another question - how do you tell if you've won a chess game?  My sims have played a lot of chess, but I can't remember ever knowing whether they won or lost.  They just kind of stop after a while - or sometimes don't.  (in Sims 3, it was obvious.  Do they do something that I just haven't paid any attention to?)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2019, 08:49:41 PM »
We don't know that.  I mean, they don't show us everything.  They might edit that out for insurance purposes.

Still.  Yeah.

Another question - how do you tell if you've won a chess game?  My sims have played a lot of chess, but I can't remember ever knowing whether they won or lost.  They just kind of stop after a while - or sometimes don't.  (in Sims 3, it was obvious.  Do they do something that I just haven't paid any attention to?)

You have to have the sound on. The winner says "Meckchate."

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2019, 01:11:52 AM »

I won't be able to even try this one in that case. My Windows 10 PC doesn't have sound from what I can tell. :(

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2019, 02:35:11 AM »
This Challenge looks fun, I like having variety in Challenges (In everything really) and I love these Race Against The Clock Challenges, they are some of the best and I always have fun doing those!  ;D

A community lot may be added to Newcrest.

I'm assuming this would be an EA created lot only? May we add Lot Traits to that Community Lot or any others in the game? Are there any restrictions on what Lot Traits may be added to our Sim's Residential Lot?

I think that's all I need to ask for now. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2019, 08:00:29 AM »
No restrictions on lot traits, and yes, the lot has to be an EA-created one.

@Deklitch, if you use earphones, you should be able to hear. My PC doesn't have speakers, but the headphones I picked up at the grocery store work fine.

To clarify on what you can do during the rest period -- if it raises a need, and it's not specifically connected to a challenge (i.e., fishing, playing an instrument or singing, working out), then you're okay. If the need is in full green, then you have to do something else.

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2019, 03:20:18 PM »
Another question w.r.t. 1 & 4.

Do I need to make friends/win chess with residents of that world or make friends/win chess with residents in that world?

In other words - say I go to the lighthouse in Brindleton Bay to fulfill challenge 1 (Make Friends) and run into Penny Pizzaz (who lives in San Myshuno).  Does making friends with her count?  Or should I just ignore her and only make friends with BB residents?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2019, 03:48:24 PM »
Another question w.r.t. 1 & 4.

Do I need to make friends/win chess with residents of that world or make friends/win chess with residents in that world?

In other words - say I go to the lighthouse in Brindleton Bay to fulfill challenge 1 (Make Friends) and run into Penny Pizzaz (who lives in San Myshuno).  Does making friends with her count?  Or should I just ignore her and only make friends with BB residents?

You make friends with residents of the world. In other words, if you run into Nancy Landgraab in Willow Creek, making friends with her won't count.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2019, 05:48:49 PM »
@MarianT Good to know re the headphones, thank you

Do you have to do the challenges in the order listed?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2019, 06:00:45 PM »
@MarianT Good to know re the headphones, thank you

Do you have to do the challenges in the order listed?

No.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2019, 12:11:31 AM »
One more rule has been added:

Your Sim must begin the first challenge by 9 am on the first day.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2019, 04:09:23 PM »

@Deklitch, if you use earphones, you should be able to hear. My PC doesn't have speakers, but the headphones I picked up at the grocery store work fine.

To clarify on what you can do during the rest period -- if it raises a need, and it's not specifically connected to a challenge (i.e., fishing, playing an instrument or singing, working out), then you're okay. If the need is in full green, then you have to do something else.

The General Challenge rules say no editing of non-home lots, so does this mean that changing lot traits is not considered editing, or does it mean that we can change lot traits in this challenge specifically, or does it mean that you can change the lot traits of a new lot you place?  Or . . . something else . . . I'm confused about what lot traits you can change. 

Thanks!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2019, 06:12:13 PM »

The General Challenge rules say no editing of non-home lots, so does this mean that changing lot traits is not considered editing, or does it mean that we can change lot traits in this challenge specifically, or does it mean that you can change the lot traits of a new lot you place?  Or . . . something else . . . I'm confused about what lot traits you can change. 

Thanks!

You can add lot traits to the lot that you place in Newcrest. I hadn't remembered the General Challenge rule about not editing non-home lots, so you're right -- you can't change the traits of the lots that already exist.

Offline Noyo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2019, 09:24:37 AM »

That challenge sounds interesting, want to participate next week. :) I Bought Get Famous pack 3 months ago, couldnt even find the occasion to play. :( Still busy with my game and tv series reviews, and the novel. (My life with my golden retriever who passed away 2 years ago) Regards - sul sul to all simmers.  8)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2019, 10:03:35 AM »

That challenge sounds interesting, want to participate next week. :) I Bought Get Famous pack 3 months ago, couldnt even find the occasion to play. :( Still busy with my game and tv series reviews, and the novel. (My life with my golden retriever who passed away 2 years ago) Regards - sul sul to all simmers.  8)

Good luck in the challenge. If you're a Golden Retriever fan, then check out this Facebook page...
https://www.facebook.com/theGoldenRatio4/

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2019, 07:27:45 AM »
I love Golden Retrievers!  :D Sadly I have never been able to have a dog of my own ... one day I will and it will be a Golden, if anyone else is a fan of these lovely dogs, check this out!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKhonL08xCRvBPJsKQmNfrg/featured

Hey @Metropolis Man, we should have a Golden Retriever challenge, it would be the cutest!  ;D

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2019, 03:59:42 AM »
I have now finished a spreadsheet to help calculate the time spent in each challenge world.
When you use it you need to create a copy for your own use.

Spreadsheet

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2019, 09:57:33 PM »
What would be considered a unique fish?

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2019, 10:01:59 PM »
I have now finished a spreadsheet to help calculate the time spent in each challenge world.
When you use it you need to create a copy for your own use.

Spreadsheet

Thank you!  :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2019, 05:53:28 AM »
What would be considered a unique fish?

A different named fish. Scroll down at Carl's list here....

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/fishing/

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2019, 05:13:24 PM »
Phew okay- this was my first challenge to ever complete. Lots of errors & maybe I'll practice next time. Lol!

Here's my scoring:

Grand Total: 7,390 minutes

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2019, 06:11:21 PM »
kattig -- plug in your info into the spreadsheet above to get total minutes.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2019, 06:35:54 PM »
I don't think people need to report at this time what world they were in for each challenge. We will expect that information from the winners, though.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2019, 08:36:30 PM »
I thought it said we have to use Newcrest?
Cynthia

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2019, 09:13:30 PM »

Yes, your Sim does have to visit Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, and Newcrest. The other 2 are up to you, or you can repeat if you don't have any other worlds.

Offline sone

• Townie
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2019, 11:44:27 PM »

Still.  Yeah.

Alternatively, The winner gets a confident moodlet 4 hour moodlet labeled "Chess Victor".  For repeated wins, see if the counter has reset to 4 hours after a game of chess has finished.

Offline sone

• Townie
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2019, 12:31:26 AM »
Alright, I just got back into town yesterday and this seemed pretty short and sweet. There went my afternoon!

Lisa Rhoades completed her trip around the world by:

Catching 5 unique fish in Newcrest in 8 hours 43 minutes
Reaching Level 5 Fitness in San Myshuno in 18 hours 14 minutes
Making 5 Friends in Oasis Springs who Lived there in 25 hours 59 minutes
Winning 5 Chess Matches against residents of Willow Creek at their own library in 39 hours 8 minutes
Earned $50 (Actually$52) in tips in Del Sol Valley in 7 Hours 51 Minutes

With her resting periods of 12 hours, plus a little for travel time and walking, the spreadsheet gave me a total time of 5996 Minutes, or 99 Hours 55 Minutes.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2019, 01:21:04 AM »
Are we supposed to be adding in the rest periods or just the time it takes to complete each challenge?

For example, the first challenge takes 8 hours to complete. We stop counting time until we start the next challenge, correct? So, challenge one is 8 hours. Then, time starts again when we leave the home lot for the next challenge. If that challenge takes 12 hours, the total score would be 20 hours (converted to minutes). In other words, time spent on the home lot doesn’t count. Or do I have that wrong?

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2019, 02:11:37 AM »
Are we supposed to be adding in the rest periods or just the time it takes to complete each challenge?

For example, the first challenge takes 8 hours to complete. We stop counting time until we start the next challenge, correct? So, challenge one is 8 hours. Then, time starts again when we leave the home lot for the next challenge. If that challenge takes 12 hours, the total score would be 20 hours (converted to minutes). In other words, time spent on the home lot doesn’t count. Or do I have that wrong?

You are right, the rest time is not calculated in the score.
So if you use the spreadsheet that i linked and add the start and end of each challenge, you will get your correct time used on the challenges.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2019, 07:44:32 AM »
Quinta Funf took 483 minutes to make 5 friends, 481 minutes to earn $50 in tips, 644 minutes to catch 5 fish, 586 minutes to win 5 games of chess, and 960 minutes to reach level 5 of fitness for a total of 3154 minutes.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2019, 08:50:51 AM »
Marian, you're at the top of the leaderboard! Woot! :)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2019, 09:58:54 AM »
My Sim completed all 5 challenges in 1936 minutes.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2019, 10:11:10 AM »
Wow, I did this much quicker than I was expecting. Asking questions of the team helped:

The lovely Zubrette of Faldor's Farm, Sendaria did the Simazing Race in 6939 minutes ... broken down as
Fishing 782
Making Friends 2137
Playing Chess 1578
Making Tips 684
Getting Fit 1758

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2019, 12:21:10 PM »

I didn't last long. Sigh. :)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2019, 01:45:10 PM »

I didn't last long. Sigh. :)

Sorry Marian! If it's any consolation, my place probably won't hold either. It seems like whenever I think I have a pretty good score these days someone comes along and crushes it, often spectacularly. :)

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2019, 08:39:36 PM »

Yes, your Sim does have to visit Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, and Newcrest. The other 2 are up to you, or you can repeat if you don't have any other worlds.

Can one of your worlds (to complete one of the challenges) be one your living in during the 12 hour break?

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2019, 08:42:33 PM »

I won't be able to even try this one in that case. My Windows 10 PC doesn't have sound from what I can tell. :(

I noticed that the winner of the chess game thought bubble has a thumbs up sign and the looser has a thumbs down at the end of the game. 

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2019, 08:45:47 PM »

Can one of your worlds (to complete one of the challenges) be one your living in during the 12 hour break?

Yes. As for the thought bubbles -- I think the sound is more accurate, and I think Deklitch found a solution.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2019, 08:51:31 PM »
I did find a solution, I had my headphones plugged in and on my head for the chess part and plugged in but off my head for the rest of the challenge. Thanks Marian for that pointer re using the headphones. :)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2019, 10:15:27 PM »
Well, that was fun, My sim completed all five challenges with a total of 6735 minutes.

Offline furbyqueen

• Llama Wrangler
  • doo?
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2019, 10:08:37 AM »
Final score of 3193. I cut my practice time by half!
***Fontaine Legacy [ON HIATUS]***

• Lauren
  • Lyla
  • Leah
  • LucyLyndon Lily
  • Leanne
  • Laney
  • Luna
  • Lorraine (A)
  • Lincoln (C)

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2019, 04:24:37 PM »
My sim got a final score of 5426 minutes.

Chess     919
Tips        348
Friends  1891
Fitness  1701
Fish        537

Total 5426 minutes. 

This challenge was a lot of fun for me.  The different tasks and worlds made it more interesting to me.
Cynthia

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2019, 05:45:23 PM »
8 scores posted already and we're just 4 days in. Marian, I think you hit it out of the park with this challenge idea. :)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2019, 05:54:39 PM »
Final score of 3193. I cut my practice time by half!

So did I @furbyqueen but you were much more successful at it than me lol :D

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2019, 07:03:21 PM »
8 scores posted already and we're just 4 days in. Marian, I think you hit it out of the park with this challenge idea. :)

Yep. It’s a keeper, for sure. Great job, Marian!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2019, 08:29:43 PM »
Thanks everyone! I was afraid it would be dull, but I had a lot of fun with it, too.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2019, 06:56:15 AM »
@MarianT I've always loved racing challenges and the variety in this one added an extra fun element to it, thanks for coming up with such a great challenge, I had a blast with this one!  :D

Verily Swift completed all her challenges in 1,515 minutes.

Hehe, see what I did with the name there? ^^ I wanted to race through this challenge because the next challenge has got me running scared!  :o

Great scores from everyone so far, loving it!  :)

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2019, 09:49:45 AM »
Chess     503
Fish        271
Tips        238
Fitness  431
Friends  264

Total: 1,707 minutes

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2019, 06:32:53 AM »
The team just decided that Story Mode simply gives too much of an advantage, so it's banned. If you used that feature and posted your score already, then you will need to redo your effort. Thanks.

• In CAS (no Story Mode), create 1 Young Adult human Sim.

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2019, 02:47:23 PM »
Hi all! I just made my first attempt at the challenge and came up over 6100 minutes.  I accidentally sent my Sim to a world where there were no musical instruments or microphones in public areas to do the Tips part, so that didn't help. I'll plan a little better and see if I can get a different result next time. It was a fun challenge though!

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2019, 03:34:37 PM »
Hi all! I just made my first attempt at the challenge and came up over 6100 minutes.  I accidentally sent my Sim to a world where there were no musical instruments or microphones in public areas to do the Tips part, so that didn't help. I'll plan a little better and see if I can get a different result next time. It was a fun challenge though!

Welcome to the forum, techiechick. Just to save you from potentially wasting time, there are no second attempts in the Tournament challenges. When you post a score, that's what is put on the leaderboard. You can practice as many times as you wish, but actually posting a score means you're done.

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2019, 03:37:19 PM »

Welcome to the forum, techiechick. Just to save you from potentially wasting time, there are no second attempts in the Tournament challenges. When you post a score, that's what is put on the leaderboard. You can practice as many times as you wish, but actually posting a score means you're done.

Rats. I'll read the rules more carefully next time!

My exact score was 6169 minutes if you want it for the board.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2019, 04:11:35 PM »

Rats. I'll read the rules more carefully next time!

My exact score was 6169 minutes if you want it for the board.

Thanks. :) And no worries. There are General Rules covering all events and then there are specific rules for the individual challenges. Here's a link to the General Rules...

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=30527.msg489123#msg489123

Offline SoulGal7

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2019, 04:40:11 PM »
I really enjoyed this challenge a lot and did use some strategy. My sim Danica Racer scored the following:
Fishing 685
Fitness 773
Friends 85
Chess 566
Tips 367
Total: 2,476 minutes

Thanks to Lena for making the spreadsheet. Make things so much easier :)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2019, 07:59:17 PM »
Just checking in to say I started my file before the update so I’m good in regard to the CAS Story Mode ruling.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2019, 02:45:10 AM »
Posted by: reggikko« on: July 20, 2019, 07:59:17 PM »Just checking in to say I started my file before the update so I’m good in regard to the CAS Story Mode ruling.

Me too, I started my scoring file before the update came out and finished just after it did.

It's good to see some new players jumping into the tournaments, have fun guys!  :)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2019, 05:00:10 AM »
Mine was both started and finished before the update in question, so as much as I'd like to have another go and see if I can't fix the mistakes I made, I'm left at that score lol. :D

Offline Syrcen

• Nooboo
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2019, 02:04:11 PM »
This morning I redid the challenge.  Caityln made it out at 2310.  I am so proud of my less sleepy, more practiced number.

Just for lurker entertainment, I did run an illegal sim through the challenge too. Sleep and practice overcame the advantages of the story mode sim in my case, but I did mess up that run badly.  Having run both kinds of sims, I think the team made a good decision.  Story CAS Kellie was able to overcome a major error compared to my sim running as smoothly as I could imagine.

It was a fun event. 

Offline Noyo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2019, 12:38:45 PM »

Visited San Myshuno and Windenburg, along three base game worlds. :)

Total minutes are -- 6360. --

Getting ready for baby boomer challenge, have fun - sul sul.  8)

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2019, 05:44:28 PM »
What a quick,but not so easy to plan challenge!
My sim completed the 5 challenges in a total of 2537 min

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2019, 10:12:17 AM »
Shelby Grace who loves the color pink completed her Simazing Race in 4,674 minutes. :)

Fish: 445
Tips: 370
Fitness: 2011
Chess: 708
Friends: 1140

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2019, 07:57:10 AM »
Finished up -- 2879 minutes. Did better than I had thought.

Offline junegem

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2019, 09:39:34 AM »
Hi All, 

Some amazing scores.   :)   

Cecelia Moffet did her best and managed to complete all 5 tasks in 5092 minutes,

I do enjoy these challenges, but real life this year has been crazily busy, so this is the first one I have completed.  Hoping things will slow down a bit, so that I can get on the scoresheet, even if it is not very high !

Good luck to all, can't wait to hear the strategies.

Offline JocyMc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2019, 08:53:45 AM »
This was a quick challenge but it did take a bit of strategy.  My Sim finished all 5 challenges in 4675 minutes.

Fishing 502
Fitness 947
Friends 1308
Chess 1355
Tips 563

Total: 4675 minutes

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2019, 03:36:06 PM »
My sim finished in 1592 minutes.  Two big thumbs up for this challenge.

Offline MxRainbow

• Nooboo
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2019, 04:57:40 PM »
It has been a heckofva long time since I've played The Sims 4 and even longer since I've been on this forum! Island Adventure reignited my love of this game and these challenges keep me playing. I've been kind of a silent member here for over 10 years! At least! Thanks for keeping these running. They keep things interesting.

Ivy Le finished in 3453 minutes!

Friends 621
Tips     486
Fish     495
Chess  707
Fitness 1144

I think I'm going to do some research and try again for a better score. :)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2019, 04:12:38 AM »
Posted by: MxRainbow« on: July 28, 2019, 04:57:40 PM »I think I'm going to do some research and try again for a better score.

Hey, good to meet another Rainbow and to see even more new people jumping into these tournament challenges. :) However, I'd like to point something out in case you didn't see it.

Quote from: Metropolis Man on July 20, 2019, 03:34:37 PM Welcome to the forum, techiechick. Just to save you from potentially wasting time, there are no second attempts in the Tournament challenges. When you post a score, that's what is put on the leaderboard. You can practice as many times as you wish, but actually posting a score means you're done.

Nice score but we don't get to try again for a better score, everyone only gets one attempt at a challenge once it goes live and once it does no more practicing. Feel free to practice for Baby Boomer though, that one hasn't gone live yet. :)

Offline SIMantics101

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2019, 02:36:33 PM »
My sim took 1,392 minutes to get level 5 fitness, 767 minutes to make 5 friends, 815 minutes to win 5 chess games, 661 minutes to earn $50 in tips, and 664 minutes to catch 5 unique fish.

Total:  4,299 minutes

I was surprised how quickly I was able to play through this one, although I did run into some annoying snags.  Congratulations to the top scorers!  And thank you to the challenge makers for another fun one!  Now to get ready for Baby Boomer...

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2019, 03:33:40 AM »
Hi challenge team,

Did you receive my PM?

Edit:
Thank you for the reply!

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2019, 07:36:47 PM »
This challenge ends Sunday night, so get those scores in soon. Good luck to those finishing up. :)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2019, 09:13:24 PM »
My sim, Dorothy Gale, completed all five challenges with a total of 6,057 minutes!

Thanks a lot team for another great challenge 8).

Coolsim

Offline thekatie0409

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2019, 06:09:05 PM »
the challenge times for my sim were

fish 185
tips 309
fitness 430
chess 469
friends 80

for a total of 1473 minutes

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2019, 06:42:16 AM »
I suspected someone might come along and beat my score but it was nice being at the top for so long, pity it didn't last, I'm a little disappointed in myself, I think I could have done better, but oh well. :P

I realize I forgot to post my individual scores for each challenge so here you go.

Chess: 395
Fish: 170
Tips: 220
Friends: 347
Fitness: 373

No need to post the total amount as I've already done that. Playing in this challenge was great fun, I loved it and would love to see if I can beat my record, if this challenge makes a comeback, hoping to see this one become a tournament regular. ;)

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2019, 10:42:14 PM »
The times for my sim were:

Chess 726
Fish  384
Tips  426
Fitness  1360
Friends 153

Total of 3049 minutes

Super short and sweet, but a lot of fun. Would love to see this one back again in the future.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2019, 03:58:54 AM »
My sim finished with a total time of 1865 minutes, now onto finding time for my all time favorite challenge.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2019, 06:41:07 AM »
My Sim completed his 5 challenges in a total of 1969 minutes.

Offline Deveroux

• Nooboo
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2019, 09:36:24 PM »
Whew, that was fun. I really liked how it was broken up in a way that made it easy to practice parts of the challenge instead of having to do the whole thing over and over again. I like short-term optimization challenges.

I did worse in my final run than my practice, though not by too much (apparently, my Sim decided that the only non-practice round was a great opportunity to go fishing for kitchen upgrade parts). Those high scores are dang impressive though, I couldn't come near it.

Tips: 383
Fitness: 589
Fishing: 605
Chess: 481
Friends: 250

Total: 2308 minutes

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2019, 06:01:52 AM »
This event is now closed.

Very good participation in this challenge. Congrats to the thekatie0409 on a big win. Everyone is now free to discuss strategy.

Offline thekatie0409

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2019, 11:39:33 AM »
My sim started out with the cheerful, self-assured, and loves the outdoors traits. He had the friend of the world aspiration, which is important for the friend challenge later. He moved into Newcrest.
On day 1 he headed to Willow Creek for the fishing challenge. He bounced between the 2 fishing spots on the Crick Cabana lot to catch the 5 unique fish.
After resting and filling needs on the home lot, he did a quick cloud gaze and headed to get some tips. Being inspired allowed him to level up a little faster; I don't know if this helped with getting tips or not.
With aspiration points from fishing and playing music he was able to get gym rat and a moodlet potion. He filled his needs and headed to the gym in San Myushno, because it had the bracing breezes trait. The moodlet solver was for when he pulled a muscle, then he could drink it and get rid of his uncomfortable buff without wasting much time.
After filling needs, he headed to the library in Windenburg for the chess challenge. I picked this lot because it had many chess tables near each other. He started challenging residents to chess matches. He lost to Jaques Villareal but beat Mila, Clara, Bjorn, Dominic and Candy.
The making friends challenge was the main part of my strategy. After completing the gym task my sim had enough points for the incredibly friendly trait. With this trait and with the friend of the world aspiration, any friendly introduction resulted in an instant friend. We traveled to Oasis Springs, first stopping at the Roomies house and befriending Gavin, then befriending Katrina, Nina, and Don at the Caliente house, and finally Johnny Zest at his house. This allowed him to make 5 friends in 80 minutes.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2019, 12:59:00 PM »
Great job @thekatie0409 and @Rainbow Dash.  I didn't know that Incredibly Friendly combined with Friend of the World would make instant friends, so thanks for teaching me that.   :)

I loved the flexibility in this challenge.  Here's what I did:

My sim was a cheerful, active, genius.  I chose a knowledge aspiration for him to get the quick learner trait, but changed it later.  He moved onto the Pebble Burrow lot in Oasis Springs.

I started with chess in Oasis Springs.  First, my sim visited the Landgraabs.  He used their chess table to Ponder Moves for the focused moodlet, then played and won against Nancy, Geoffrey, and Malcolm.  Then he went to the Oasis Springs park and waited for two more residents to show up.  While waiting, he pondered moves again.  Then he won against Zoe Patel and Mitchell Kalani.

After the mandatory rest period and fulfilling needs, he went to the gym in San Myshuno for the fitness challenge.  I switched to the Bodybuilder aspiration to pick up some points.  He did two workouts on the treadmill while asking the gym trainer to mentor him.  This got him to level 4 fitness, but he couldn’t do another workout after that because of the pulled muscle moodlet.  I had him take a brisk shower at the gym, but he still couldn’t workout. Then I remembered the basketball hoop.  He was able to do the “Dream Big” interaction 3x and that was enough to get to level 5 fitness.

Rest and filling needs.  The next day, he woke up feeling focused (from his Genius trait) so I decided to do the fishing part next.  I switched to the Angling Ace aspiration and went to Newcrest.  I got lucky with this one because it only took 6 catches to get 5 unique fish.

Another rest period, then my sim went to the Willow Creek park to earn tips.  I switched to the Musical Genius aspiration, had him cloud gaze for just long enough to get inspired, then he stood up and started playing guitar.  I left him right where the game drops you at the Willow Creek park because there are always a lot of people walking by that spot.  They hated my sim’s playing, but tipped him anyway.

Another rest period, during which I bought the Incredibly Friendly trait.  I had enough points just from switching aspirations (as noted above) and doing simple whims during the rest periods such as “dance to stereo music” or “watch TV.”  I went to Windenberg to make friends.  First, it was Eva and Jade.  Then Jacques, Joaquin, and Dominic.  If a friendly introduction wasn’t enough to be instant friends, it only took a few more interactions.

My totals for all the parts of the challenge were:
Chess, Oasis Springs, 546 min.
Fitness, San Myshuno, 363 min.
Fishing, Newcrest, 165 min.
Tips, Willow Creek, 252 min.
Friends, Windenberg, 266 min.
Total: 1592 min.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2019, 04:46:10 PM »
I did myself up a spreadsheet in which I listed the residents by world. I didn't want to spend time making friends or playing chess with people not of the world I was in for that part of the challenge. I did fishing in Newcrest, Tip Making in San Myshuno, Gym in Windenburg, Best Friends in Willow Creek and Chess in Oasis Springs.

Windenburg was my Sim's home base, and I did the challenge there last. I didn't know the tricks around making friends, or trait lots, or whims, or aspirations, as demonstrated by my score, but I did kind of invite myself into the Pancake house and befriended the two pancakes and then Goth house where I made friends with the family (except for Mortimer). I purchased the Observant trait, probably based on my experience with the Sims 3 observant Lifetime Reward.

Chess, from what I remember involved me going from house to house in Oasis Springs, firstly houses with multiple people to play chess in their houses and then ones with singles (for houses with chess tables). I should have investigated that pre scoring file, because it turned out that few had chess tables at home. So I went to a park and waited and waited and waited some more as people wandered around.

For fishing, I investigated the fishing spots in Newcrest to find a place with a couple of them within easy reach of each other pre game and went into one. From memory, she caught enough of two or three of the fish to stock her home pond in Sims 3 before she managed to get her five different types of fish.

Tip making, I just went into a park in San Myshuno and played the guitar.

Looking at my sim (and it seems that level 5 fitness was her last challenge) I used satisfaction points on purchasing instant hygiene reward potions. But that didn't help with her pulled muscles and she picked up a couple of them.

It was a fun challenge and I did learn a lot form it. Congratulations @thekatie0409 and @Rainbow Dash and thank you challenge team.

Edit to Add: Following is a screenshot of the spreadsheet I created. As I said, I wanted to know which Sims lived in which town for the friend making and chess playing parts of the challenge.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
I only did Oasis Springs, Willow Creek, Windenburg and San Myshuno because I figured that would be all I would need for this challenge. I also only focused on the sims with houses, not homeless sims. I also thought, let's see which of the home worlds is oldest on average. To do that, I gave sims a score on a 7 point scale, where 1 is nooboo and 7 is elder. I listed the residential sims in the world by family grouping and then went through and assigned them the number 1-7 based on age. I added up the scores, divided it by the number of residential sims and extended it to 1 decimal point. Homeless sims weren't included because for the friends and chess challenges I thought "sims with houses should be who I focus on". I checked the spreadsheet when sims were going by, if they weren't on my list, they weren't approached.

Results were
Youngest with an average age of 4.8 and a resident population of 26 was Windenburg.
Next with an average age of 5 and a resident population of 14 was Willow Creek.
In third place with an average age of 5.1 and a resident population of 15 was San Myshuno.
And bringing up the rear with an average age of 5.2 and a resident population of 12 was Oasis Springs.

Of course, my boss would tell me "it's a blunt instrument, round to the nearest whole number - in which case they all average out to Young Adult - which makes sense.

I found it interesting that the lack of elder residents in Oasis Springs didn't bring them down, and that despite having the most elderly residents (2), Willow Creek came in 2nd place.

I'll be interested in extending that to the residents of the other worlds at some time to see how that impacts on the above figures.

Can you tell that statistics and numbers in general fascinate me? In high school, when most of my classmates were playing sports or watching movies, or hanging out or fishing, or whatever, I was on my computer creating spreadsheets for imaginary competitions. I would work out the roster of games, the scores of the games, and then do up a table with for and against and points for victories. I am an accountant for a small business who does online surveys of clients and their staff in terms of corporate culture. I love nothing more than working with the ratings when it comes to the time for report writing to the clients to explore what has gone up and gone down and producing graphs and tables and so forth. Yes, the kid who spent time creating spreadsheets in high school for fun is doing that for work now. Who'd have thought it. :P

Offline Deveroux

• Nooboo
« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2019, 05:47:27 PM »
Congrats @thekatie0409!

Tips: Oasis Creek, at their gym
Fitness: San Myshuno
Friends: Windenburg
Fishing: Newcrest
Chess: Willow Creek

I don't have too much to add, but I liked my chess strategy: I went to the Spencer-Kim-Lewis house in Willow Creek because there are 5 of them and they have a chess table upstairs. That way, I didn't have to take any chances with people not being there, and I could just queue them up and not waste time moving around.

For fitness, instead of getting a moodlet solver, I brought the level 1 and 2 fitness books with me so that she could read the appropriate one if she pulled a muscle.

I took the Quick Learner aspiration trait to help with the fitness, but taking the Friend of the World aspiration seems like it was more effective, good thinking! I got the Incredibly Friendly reward trait, but it still required a bit of talking to get them to friend level.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2019, 03:01:23 PM »
Congratulations on the win, thekatie0409! Especially the super-fast friend making.

So far I only shared my total, which was composed of:

Chess - Willow Creek - 621 minutes
Fitness - Newcrest - 599 minutes
Fishing - Sulani - 460 minutes
Tips - San Myshuno - 188 minutes
Friends - Oasis Sprins - 101 minutes

My Sim had the active, loves the outdoors en family oriented traits.
For chess, and later friends, I made the mistake to go to the park first. In both cases, I changed my mind quickly and went to a residential lot. There are too many non-residents in the public places (especially from Sulani, it seems).
I also noticed (during practice) that the people of Willow Creek are much more into chess than those of Oasis Springs.

The community lot I placed in Newcrest was a gym, with the fitness-boosting lot trait added. When my Sim pulled a muscle, I had him swim (lapses are greyed out, but you can still click 'swim here'). This built fitness skill, but quite slowly. I remembered the existence of moodlet solvers only as the moodlet was disappearing.

I wanted to do fishing in Sulani, since it is pretty central to that world. I'm not sure it was any advantage, though.

When playing guitar in San Myshuno, my Sim had the advantage of the great acoustics lot trait, which helped him skill faster. The main thing is that it was quite crowded, though. Sims will already give tips even at level 1.

I also collected some aspiration points. My Sim had quite a few wishes to buy something, and since buying and selling was not restricted, I indulged him. This, and switching between the aspirations, gave me enough to buy Incredibly Friendly.
This gave a good boost for making friends. Bragging about family was enough to do the rest. After four friends, he also had a good reputation, which was enough to get that fifth friend upon a friendly introduction.

Finally, I never had an unplayed vampire bite my Sims before (probably because I have someone awake in the household at most times). So of course this happens while playing a tournament challenge... So I had an extra long rest period between fishing and tips to allow the uncomfortable moodlet to pass.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2019, 08:06:33 AM »
First of all, congrats to @thekatie0409 for beating me and winning this race, that was impressive!

Hey guys, thanks so much for the congrats, I've been sick and stressed and I won't lie, I was really hoping to hold onto that first place, I didn't get home until late tonight, so here's my strategy at last.

My Sim's traits were Quick learner, cheerful, loves the outdoors and materialistic, all chosen for quick happy mood boosts, I stayed away from any traits would give them an emotion I didn't want. I was originally going to take Gregarious instead, I wish I had now, I think that might have been a mistake on my part. I think I didn't switch to the correct aspiration in one of the challenges, so I fell short of buying Incredibly Friendly, something I was hoping wouldn't cost me the win but sadly it did. I did however, take Gym Rat for the fitness challenge.

Chess: I thought about doing this challenge at the Spencer Lewis Kim household but decided not when I saw their only chess table was on the third floor, I didn't want to waste time waiting for Sims to climb three flights of stairs. So I did this challenge at the Goth household instead, where they have two chess tables on the first and third floors. After a quick Ponder Moves to get focused I beat all of them and had my last match with Bob Pancakes at his house.

Fishing: This was done outside my Sims house in Oasis Springs, I surprised myself by beating my time in my practice run, my Sim turned out to be a natural Angler although I think that being focused and getting lucky helped out.

Tips: This one tripped me up as I ran into something unexpected, the GeekCon festival stole my spot and I had to move to another, grrrr! >:( I chose the Casbah Gallery in San Myshuno instead as it also had the Great Acoustics lot trait I wanted, a quick cloud gaze got my Sim inspired for quicker skill and bigger tips. A Celebrity showed up and started posing for photos right in the doorway where I was standing playing guitar. At first I was annoyed but in worked in my favour as the fans would tip once they were done going crazy over the celebrity.

Friends: I chose Sulani for this one as Sims from other worlds don't visit there so I knew I would only find locals, my Sim hung out at the The Sand Bar and socialized with all the patrons that turned up.

Fitness: I placed the Burners and Builders gym in Newcrest and gave it the Breezing Braces and Sunny Aspect lot traits, I purchased Gym Rat and made my Sim drink an energized potion. Don Lothario was a Gym Trainer and mentored my Sim the whole time.

I rushed through this one and if I had paid a little more care would have been able to afford the reward trait I wanted and would remembered about the festivals too. So I know I can do better but I'm still proud of my efforts. :)

Offline SoulGal7

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2019, 02:06:03 PM »
Although I didn't win, I was really proud of myself for my preparation. I did 2 run-throughs and both times, it took forever to make friends. So, my first goal to get with my aspiration points was the Incredibly friendly trait, which gave you instant friends. Second, in my run-through, the fitness skill was a killer, so I decided to have my "real" sim, Danica Racer have the Bodybuilder Aspiration. With that comes the ability to "drink energy juice" which helps at the gym. So, Danica Racer had the Bodybuilder Aspiration, and genius, music lover and outgoing for her traits.

Fitness: Her residence with some bare essentials was in Newcrest. I gave her a bed with comfort 10. I downloaded a Maxis built gym, Luxe Health Club and a Maxis built spa. The spa had tubs so that if a sim had sore muscles or was stressed, they could soak in the tub. She then headed over to the gym and worked on that fitness skill. She found the fitness instructor and asked them to mentor her, which increased the fitness skill faster.

Chess: Went to the Willow Creek Library and sat at the chess table. Pondered moves and when a pre-made resident of Willow Creek walked in, Danica challenged them to chess. There is a bathroom on site, and other sims bar-b-q by the water out back, so great location. She was really lucky and won the games very quickly. Just lost one, but then won the next one.

Fishing: Went to Oasis Springs and fished at 3 different sites there, then went to the secret fishing spot at the back of the lot. Danica was incredibly lucky and fished out not one, but two violins which is what I was hoping would happen. This took a bit longer because she was catching some other items, like cowplant berries, and not fish, and sometimes caught duplicate fish. But she finished and I was really happy with her time.

$50 tips: Headed to the art museum in San Myshuno, and played the violin she had fished out in Oasis Springs. She just played her heart out and in no time at all got those tips. She didn't need to fish out a violin, as there are some available on the 3rd floor, but I thought this was going to be her lucky instrument, and it was. The bonus here was that this lot has a lot trait of "Great Acoustics"

5 Friends: At first I was going to head to Sulani because the islanders are friendly, but then changed my mind and went to Windenburg to the South Square Cafe, where the Avant Gardes also have their club meet. This was a very popular spot and because I had purchased the Incredibly Friendly Trait, I had 5 friends in no time.

I really liked this challenge a lot. Congrats to the winners :)