Author Topic: Shipwrecked: A SimTech Dynasty [Journal Updated 8/11]  (Read 10710 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Shipwrecked: A SimTech Dynasty [Journal Updated 7/4]
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2019, 10:08:26 PM »
What a cute little family.
And pasty white complexion leading to sunburn is so my life!!  Stay strong, Lagi.  We'll get through this together!!!
A lovely update  :=)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2019, 10:42:01 AM »
The twins hugging is so adorable!  Like vanilla and chocolate ice cream, as sweet as can be.  For me, in some ways, Lo Tech was the hardest, you are doing so well.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2019, 09:30:02 PM »
@PeregrineTook I too feel the pain of sunburn/being white all year round. Haha!

@Joria Thank you!! I think the hardest part of this challenge is having to fulfill basic needs so they can level skills without any basic "appliances/plumbing" objects. My sims are nearly stinky allllll the time. Haha Right now is quite a drag because I just have 2 more skills to complete and its taking ages!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Shipwrecked: A SimTech Dynasty [Journal Updated 7/6]
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2019, 04:48:18 PM »
Journal Entry: Time Flies

Phew! What a journey this has been so far!

The twins grew up into children, and Loto blossomed into a young man. I'm so happy my family gets along so well. Loto does so well with the twins... I hope one day he too can be a father.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

One night, Loto took all the kids down to the other end of the beach so Akamu & I could have some alone time.

Annnnddddd I got pregnant again!
Welcome Miss. Gia to the world. :)

Sadly, right as she grew into a rambunctious toddler- my sweet Akamu laid down for the last time.

I feel quite lost without him to be honest, but thankfully he had taught Loto all he knew in preparation for when this moment would happen.
*Sigh* that's one of the many reasons I loved him so. He always made sure we were taken care of.

Thankfully with his help, we finally mastered most of the things we needed in order to survive on this island. I wonder what this next era of life holds for us?

-----------------------------END OF NO TECH ERA-----------------------------

SCORE: 3 (I started this not thinking how the scoring went, and then I really just wanted this era over with! haha)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Shipwrecked: A SimTech Dynasty [Journal Updated 7/7]
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2019, 06:06:51 PM »
I'm actually way less focused on your score and far more on how much I'm enjoying this lovely family!  So sad to see Akuma go.  Of course, so excited to see Loto take over!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2019, 06:27:11 PM »
I am still trying to figure out how everyone is so tanned but Lagi looks like he could be the mailman's LOL

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2019, 06:42:04 PM »
@PeregrineTook Thank you!! I almost was afraid I wasn't going to make it cause I was having too much fun writing up stories and playing in general. Thankfully you could fulfill stuff with founders & heirs. Short lifespans are legit.

@sdhoey You and me both! This is the second challenge that my sims kids had weird skintones that weren't from the parents. In my "Not So Berry" challenge my baby came out really really dark, but her skin changed back when she got to toddler. Lagi oddly enough just stayed this color. So weird!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2019, 09:29:10 AM »
Congrats on making it through No Tech!  I actually loved the challenge of seeing just how much I could do with nothing and you certainly have done a lot.  So sorry her love of her life had to pass, but this is always the way it is in these stories.  Like you, I wasn't watching the scoring and was really annoyed with myself.  Haven't yet finished or posted my story out of pure frustration so I get to enjoy yours.  Can hardly wait to see how it rolls.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2019, 01:38:23 PM »
Congrats on finishing No Tech!  Sorry to see Akamu go so soon (that short life span!), but I know Loto is going to be great.  I hope they all enjoy a good bath in Low Tech.   :)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2019, 09:29:13 PM »
@Joria Yeah I was frustrated a little at first, but I am really just enjoying this challenge in general and I've never actually completed something that required scoring, so I plan on doing it with this one! Also it's kinda fun to play legit without cheats or really anything "modern" in the sim world! And I really wished he could of stayed around a lot longer! I was enjoying his character.

@BallerinaHippo Thank you! Yeah I think Loto has unfortunately gotten too "old" so I'm glad she got pregnant right before they finished the era. :D I'm trying to get a better score this time!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2019, 11:54:24 PM »
The family is so sweet! You’re doing great. To me, enjoying yourself is more important than the score. You get into the HOF regardless of the score, so just have fun with it.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Shipwrecked: A SimTech Dynasty [Journal Updated 7/13]
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2019, 09:53:50 PM »
Journal Entry: Continued Beginnings

So we've finally gotten done re-building and redesigning our humble lot. Loto found some great logs near by to create a fence around our place in effort to just create a better feeling of security- who knows if there other things out there you know?

Gia also began to figure out how to play the violin? Not sure where she found it- said she found it looking for seashells in the sand. Whatever keeps her occupied!

One night Lulu & I were having a night swim when we saw something moving towards us in the water... As it got closer (which I don't know why we weren't completed scared out of our minds) we realized it was a PERSON!?!??!! What?!?! Who knew there were other people around here?

She swam up next to us and introduced herself and told us about a local village near by. Apparently it was made up of others who were found here on the island too and over the years they build up a little village. She explained that this side of the island has been completely secluded for sometime but she had gotten curious when she repeatedly saw smoke rising in this direction.

We went back home and called a family meeting about this new realization (Loto & Gia were asleep). Lagi was very enthusiastic about it and Lulu was more hesitant. In the end, we decided to explore this other part of the island. Having more people around could be a good and a bad thing- I'm glad we have that fence up!
Maybe there will be some prospects for my children too there?

The next day we set off in search of this other village and came upon a really nice park and will definitely be somewhere we come back too.

Then we finally made it to the village. We had just happened to stumble upon one of their village family nights.
We had so much fun getting to know people and learning about the culture they had fashioned together.

I think this new Era of our family will be quite fun. Unfortunately I'm also growing old so pretty soon it will be time to hand the reigns off to another one of my children. I'm not sure who yet- but I think Lulu has great potential.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2019, 09:37:54 AM »
I love the way you tied in the new "village" of people!  This is such a fun way of looking at it all and hopefully there will be new Sims for all the children of those castaways.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2019, 12:35:51 PM »
Team Lulu!!  Yes.  She should take over!!!  She has great potential.  The Force is strong with this one!!
Lovely update and looking forward to seeing more interactions with the new villagers they've discovered and seeing if there is a young man even remotely worthy of darling Lulu  ;=)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2019, 04:48:24 PM »
@Joria Thanks! I'm really glad this story theme has worked out so far. I haven't worked out how to tie in the other tech eras yet though since Island life is pretty simple in general.
@PeregrineTook I'm in her boat too! And I REALLY hope there is a nice young man somewhere cause so far everyone is too old. Lol!