Author Topic: The Kahua SimTech Dynasty Updated 7/08/19  (Read 929 times)

Online sdhoey

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: The Kahua SimTech Dynasty Updated 7/06/19
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2019, 10:51:06 PM »
Since our islanders have been living off the land so to speak, Holokai has been learning to craft items by hand for the family. He has rebuilt the hut. With all the additions to the family, they needed more room. So first he built an additional 8x8 hut just for sleeping quarters. Alani and Holokai share a room with the little ones, and the boys and girls have their own room.
Next, he was able to craft some furniture for the main hut. He crafted a dining table and chairs. No more stone for these bottoms. To much relief, he was able to finally craft a tub that held the water that they carried in from the fire.  He is also watering on a manual toilet that works with water from the bucket. He has also made some sitting logs for the sitting area.

2home.jpg

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Kahua SimTech Dynasty Updated 7/06/19
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2019, 06:10:27 PM »
What a lovely little home!  The two hut set-up rather than multi-room concept was an interesting choice, but fits nicely with the idea that they're not from our culture and reality and that they might approach things differently.  I appreciate that level of creativity and insight.  Kudos!

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: The Kahua SimTech Dynasty Updated 7/07/19
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2019, 08:17:55 PM »
While Holokai was out scouting the nearby islands, he ran across a bear. It was coming from an old park that he decided he would bring the family too.

25.jpg

When he arrived back at the island, he found a very pregnant Alani walking the walk barrier.

26.jpg

Seems they were trying to get this little bear out of the yard.

27.jpg

Lani: But papa, the mainland forest is on the Northern side of The Volcano. It gets cold there.

29.jpg

Holokai: I know this daughter, but if we are to seek out others and see what it left, we must go as soon as we can and see what we find. Your brother needs to find other seeds for his garden.

28.jpg

A very very pregnant Alani was napping often. She is hoping it is just the coming summer heat and not another set of twins.

31.jpg

Holokai thinks of their upcoming trip in the new canoe. He hopes his pregnant wife gives birth before they set out. 

30.jpg

Kini: Papa says we are traveling by canoe to the mainland forest land soon momma.
Alani: So I hear. I hope that you and your brother age up tonight before we set out then.

32.jpg

Kai: I am grown up enough to handle this trip. I am strong like papa.

33.jpg

Alani: But big strong boys don't make messes in the hut son. Now clean this up before Papa see's it.
Kai: Yes ma'am.

34.jpg

Just as the moon rose high in the sky, Kai and Kini aged to teens.

36.jpg

37.jpg

Kai aged up with the Loves Outdoors Trait and goes right to the garden his mother started and plants some seeds that he had found.

38.jpg

Alani gave birth shortly after and once again had twins, both girls. Kaipo (Darling) and Keola (Alive)

39.jpg

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2019, 10:33:36 PM »
A couple of days later, Kini was the first to use the tub that Holokai crafted. It was worth carrying in the water.

41.jpg

Alani tended to the twins, they would be aging up today.

42.jpg

In the mid-afternoon, Kaipo was the first to age up with Clingy trait.

45.jpg

Then Keola with the Angelic Trait

44.jpg

By early evening, Holokai had everyone loading into the canoe for the trip to the mainland forest.

46.jpg

As the moon rose high into the sky late that night, they landed and hid the canoe. But the forest was as wiped as the other islands back in Sulani.
Alani took them to go and see what could be found and she would see about setting up a camp of sorts.

47.jpg

Holokai found the great Forest Mascot still standing and stood and studied it. Then he looked for a nearby fishing spot so he could work on his Angling..

48.jpg

The Twins played around the campsite, Kini looked for wild plants to identify. And Holokai had already found two good fishing spots.

53.jpg

Lani: So where did you find a tent?
Kai: I found it blown into the brush. I had to cut away a lot of weeds and branches. The tsunami must have blown it there.

Alani: The horseshoe pit just needed re-stacking.

56.jpg

After the long trip, the twins decided it was bedtime and headed into the tent.

57.jpg

But soon, a fire started outside and everyone came, poor Kini was already freezing to death with the change in the climate. No one was paying her attention because of the fire and she froze to death. Tragedy hit the family hard. They grouped together in the tent and cried all night.

58.jpg

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2019, 09:17:27 AM »
Oh no!  Poor, Kini.  I really, really hate it when they die of the stupid Seasons weather!  I really liked Kini.  So sorry for their loss, (and yours).
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2019, 01:52:44 PM »
Congrats on making it to Low Tech, but oh, I'm sooooo sorry about Kini!  I had a few close calls with my founders when they changed outfits and I didn't realize it because all the outfits were the same!  That's part of the challenge, I guess, but still. 

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: The Kahua SimTech Dynasty Updated 7/08/19
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2019, 06:51:23 PM »
The next morning, our little group ventured off to the big woods. The twins saw a bear and of course, Kaipo, being the clingy one started crying.

59.jpg

The bear didn't stop, he just kept walking towards the water.

60.jpg

There, he stopped and just stared at Holokai.

61.jpg

Holokai pretended he didn't see him, if it was fresh fish he was after, he would have to get his own.

62.jpg

After he walked away, Holokai, cast for the big catch.

63.jpg

After that, the family made their way back the islands of Sulani, Holokai's days were coming to an end and he wanted to make sure that his family was okay when he went.

Alani and Holokai spent plenty of "home dates" and showered each other with lots of romance. (Alani finished her Soulmate Aspiration)

64.jpg

The next evening Holokai was out working on his Mascot woodworkings when he all of a sudden felt different. He felt free and the winds of change were coming for him. He could hear the Island Spirits calling for him to come and join him.

65.jpg

The next day Lani threw herself into her yoga. It was the only way she could handle the passing of her sister and her father.

73.jpg

Alani took up Floral Arranging. It helped to soothe her aching heart.

76.jpg

Kai finally installed the handcrafted manual toilet that his father made.

77.jpg

Then as soon as Alani was coming in the gates from her daily security checks. The island begins to shake.

78.jpg

Lava flew thru the air and no one knew where it would land. Luckily after all was done, it had missed the house and just missed the stone wall.

80.jpg

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2019, 11:03:09 PM »
Wait, does the volcano actually erupt and destroy things?!?!?  I don't have the Island expansion and it looks like I'm missing out on a lot.  Of course, my daughter just might be getting that expansion for her birthday, and I just might share an account with her...
I also don't have Seasons, and after hearing about your loss of young Kini, maybe that's not a bad thing!!

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2019, 11:19:12 PM »
Wait, does the volcano actually erupt and destroy things?!?!?  I don't have the Island expansion and it looks like I'm missing out on a lot.  Of course, my daughter just might be getting that expansion for her birthday, and I just might share an account with her...
I also don't have Seasons, and after hearing about your loss of young Kini, maybe that's not a bad thing!!

Yes, it does erupt, the screen shakes and it throws this huge lava balls and when they cool, you can break them open and get different items from it. OR, you can dare to touch it and while it's hot and tempt fate. LOL

Well, if they are dressed correctly they are fine. LOL But when they have to dress for the time period or the event, it stinks.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2019, 01:52:46 AM »
@sdhoey So far have missed that and joyfully so.  I was in the air, in an airplane when Mt. St. Helen's blew.  We had to detour to Canadian air space and then back down to Oregon.  Didn't realize the big hullabaloo until we landed, THEN I got scared! Lol. 

@PeregrineTook : Give your fortunate child Island Living.  She, (and you) will love it.  Very little substantive gameplay I've heard, but everything else is great.  Re: Seasons:  Avoid it like the plague.  It is a royal pain in the keister, boluxing up gardening big time, and the weather is dreadful unless you really like rain and gloom and cold.  The only good thing about it is winter is really beautiful.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2019, 10:59:01 AM »
R.I.P.  Holokai
I really like the way you've designed and decorated your lot! Gives me some extra ideas since I think we both use the same one.
I have yet to use the volcano lot trait but it does look to be somewhat interesting!

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2019, 05:56:08 PM »
R.I.P.  Holokai
I really like the way you've designed and decorated your lot! Gives me some extra ideas since I think we both use the same one.
I have yet to use the volcano lot trait but it does look to be somewhat interesting!

@kattiq Yes we use a lot of the same CC, but one page that has a lot more prehistoric CC, I can't download from because of cliklist or something. Her download way is something I am not comfortable with.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2019, 03:35:42 PM »
Great progress so far on your SimTech Dynasty!
I can imagine how having your sims running around half-nekkid could be disadvantageous in cold weather. So sorry about Kinni!

Thank you for having started this challenge! It allows me to show support for your storytelling without blaming myself for being 8 months behind in reading your "other legacy."
Best wishes on your challenge, girlfriend!

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2019, 03:38:42 PM »
Great progress so far on your SimTech Dynasty!
I can imagine how having your sims running around half-nekkid could be disadvantageous in cold weather. So sorry about Kinni!

Thank you for having starting this challenge! It allows me to show support for your storytelling without blaming myself for being 8 months behind in reading your "other legacy."
Best wishes on your challenge, girlfriend!

HAHA!! I have to get back into the game and see what they have been up too. That's for reading girlfriend.  Welcome back.

anything