Author Topic: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook (June11)  (Read 128520 times)

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
Re: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook
« Reply #270 on: March 04, 2011, 08:54:33 AM »
Awww I love cute nooboos! Congrats on the immortal! ;D

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #271 on: March 04, 2011, 12:42:08 PM »
Thanks Esther, Kattiq, and Barbie! Fyv definitely has her Mom's bone structure! She's so cute.

I've always meant/wanted to build a playhouse for any family I play with kids (which is basically every one except challenges) but never remembered to do so. When Joria posted her Abandoned Nectary remodel with the Kinder Kottage, I thought OK lets do this today. That and I grew up without a playhouse and was jealous of friends/cousins that had one to play in. So now my Sunburst Simkids have one (the 4 left to come including Fyve.)
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #272 on: March 06, 2011, 05:31:53 PM »
Fhore: Week 23

The week starts out all over the place! Mom was right when she warned me that craziness tends to follow itself around and multiply. After Fyve's family birthday party on Saturday, Franklin decides he wants a bit more excitement for his big young adult birthday. But life sucks sometimes and his party guests never show up. He spends the evening in his room playing chess by himself. When he finally comes downstairs for a late supper before bed, we surprise him with noisemakers and a cake in the kitchen. I guess the surprise is a bit too much and he goes a little funny in the doorway to the kitchen.

Here is my little brother all grown up! He decides to keep the hat so we create his outfit around it. Shirt pattern is courtesy of Gheez at the Swap Shop. I don't think the green is exactly Irish but it's close enough. He joins the Law Enforcement career in hopes of becoming an International Super Spy.

My Ernesto gets left behind by his co-workers again and spends the night in jail. Good thing Mom taught me the importance of being able to take care of myself. Better luck next time, dear, we'll see you in the morning.

Since Ernesto is still in bed sleeping, I get the pleasure of potty training Fyve (something about how this one is the parent's job.) Look at all that concentration, my little cutie-pie can do anything when she puts her mind to it.

Tuesday afternoon, when my Step-Dad Wilbert gets home from another long day at work he makes "the call."

At age 89, Wilbert Sanford Sunburst has given enough time, effort, and late nights to the Medical profession and he retires. Confetti all around! (Wait where did that come from?!)

While Mom helps Step-Dad celebrate, I'm on the floor with Fyve teaching her how to talk (I had to arm wrestle Mom for this one!) She's either not impressed with my enunciation technique or the words I choose to start off with. Still, we get a picture of her cute face!

Then things get a little ... um, what's the right word ... mystical, translucent? Yeah, I think that's it. Mom has just given Step-Dad a celebratory kiss when he finds himself floating out of her arms (is there a more romantic and happy moment?) Yes, Fyve sometimes fortune cookies tell you sad things.

Wilbert gives Mom one last loving look, trying to calm her shocked anguish, I think. This starts my tears.

Wilbert turns to meet the uninvited Grim with calm assurance that everything will be just fine, and becomes the fourth spouse to die in our family quest towards Immortality. He joins Lolly, Zo and Moses, along with Marc and Theo. Yes, Fyve this is what heartbreak looks like.

R.I.P. Wilbert (Sanford) Sunburst, 89 days
Husband, Father, Step-Dad, Son-in-law, Grandfather, Friend, World Renown Surgeon
He leaves behind a Wife, Son, Step-Daughter, Granddaughter, In-laws, Friends
He joins in the afterlife his Parents

Mom tries to drown her sorrow and tears in leftover cake. By herself. In the empty dining room. We try to stay close in case she needs a hand or wants to talk, but we leave her to grieve for her soulmate.

~

The next day finds Ernesto with a day off and he takes over teaching Fyve her life skills, only walking left. She's a little confused with all the crying going on in the house but trusts her Daddy to keep her safe. I hope she looks up to him like this his whole life, even when she finds out what he does for a career.

With all the dirty dishes Mom is creating, on top of the mountains this household creates every day, the dishwasher goes on strike. I find my trusty wrench and beat it into submission. It goes back to work as diligently as before. And I gain some much needed handiness skill points for work. Apparently you need to know what you're doing before the generals let you work on the tanks by your self. YAY for a promotion!

Now that we aren't chasing Fyve around teaching her her life skills, she gets some down time and discovers the joy of putting the triangular block into the triangular hole. The giggles are music in this house of mourning!

This walking thing makes her a lot harder to keep track of though. When she gets bored of the blocks, she wanders off in search of something new. Good thing there's a TV, toy box, and dollhouse in the living room for her amusement.

In the midst of breaking some more space boards (150 here I come!) I have my adult birthday. A small makeover later and I'm ready for Grandpa Tu to fix my new museum pieces.

Looks like I have to wait a day or two though. Grandpa Tu is currently learning a new painting technique and using Fyve as his subject. Should he paint the portraits fuzzy like the one on the right, or clear like the one on the left? What a dilemma!

I guess he decides on the clear one! That makes me happy because I want to be able to see what the other 7 generations look like growing up in this house on that day when the door goes in for the stairs to the basement. Then we can finally go down there and wander through the Sunburst Immortal Museum. I'm excited!

Fyve manages to wrap Grandpa Wunn around her little finger too! Although he didn't help out with the teaching, he can be found tickling the giggles out of my little girl and even getting her ready for bed on occasion.

Saturday, the end of another week, finds my little girl growing up once again. We throw a small family party for her while Mom is at work (oops!) Franklin is out with Sandi (remember her?) Grandpa Tu in over on the far right.

She blows out her own candles.

After a quick change of clothes and hairstyle, my little girl is ready for school on Monday. She has her Dad's facial features with my bone structure. Only time will tell if she has Grandma Zo's mouth (which Mom and I have.)

We moved the crib out and bought her a grown up bed. Here is a picture of Fyve's new room. I hope I did justice to her favorite colour (Hot Pink) without the room being painful to look at. She loves it! And her new telescope - because it's pink, of course. A gift from her Dad and I after her delight with the peg box.

This is where we leave you for another week. Oh I almost forgot, Ernesto has his Adult birthday as well after leaving work early Sunday morning. I guess they don't allow office birthday parties.

Next Week: Will Franklin ever eat fast enough to actually catch his carpool? Fyve goes to school. Can Fhore take a trip back to China?
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #273 on: March 06, 2011, 05:41:01 PM »
Fyves room is adorable not overpowering at all.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #274 on: March 06, 2011, 05:53:35 PM »
I love her room!~ ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #275 on: March 06, 2011, 06:34:46 PM »
Happy birthday everyone. R.I.P. Wilbert. The room is gorgeous Lily!

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #276 on: March 06, 2011, 06:50:16 PM »
I hate pink, but I like that room, so it must be well done!  ;D

I love Fyve's eyes, she looks so intense!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #277 on: March 06, 2011, 07:45:46 PM »
Adorable room! Not too pink at all.

Did Wilbert seriously die right after retiring? Jeez, Grim, cut a Sim a break!
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #278 on: March 06, 2011, 09:16:20 PM »
Thanks for the positive feedback on Fyve's room, I wasn't sure if it was too much but I think the gray and black balance things out well enough.

Wilbert will be much missed, I really enjoyed playing him. Fhore would have looked so different if he was her dad and I hadn't been so focused on the original townie offspring thing. But I love her just as she is. And yes, he really did die just after retiring. I think the exact sequence of events was this: Wilbert gets home, calls to retire, confetti, Therie walks over and gives him a kiss (they both had that wish), cue Grim music. She might have gotten an amorous hug in too, I'm not sure, I had them cued up for a couple things leading to a celebratory woohoo. Instead he gets an urn and she gets cake!

I should do a side-by-side of Fyve and her parents so you guys can see for yourself. As a child she looks just like her dad on the outside (facial features including nose, eyes, eyebrows) and her mom on the inside (bone structure.) It's super awesome! I think she's my favorite so far. Now we just encourage her to grow up splendidly and watch to make sure that Baker boy doesn't die somehow (I want him for Fyve very badly!)

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #279 on: March 06, 2011, 09:45:20 PM »
RIP Wilbert! At least he was being celebrated before he passed on!
And Fyve is really cute! Happy Birthday girlie!

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #280 on: March 07, 2011, 09:42:02 PM »
I'm kind of sad that I'm up-to-date and now have to wait for updates, like everyone else.  Really enjoying hearing about the Sunbursts.  You make this Immortal Dynasty thing seem so easy and natural - I've read the rules and know that it isn't.

Amused that Tu is so good at painting that he no longer has to look and sad at Wilbert's passing and the timing of it (that sort of odd timing seems to happen quite a bit  :().

Loved your Zen Garden and the playhouse is adorable - both inside and out.  Also, really liked the look of the kitchen and with the wood panelling and the tiling.

Just bookmarked and am looking forward to the next week.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #281 on: March 07, 2011, 09:58:54 PM »
Thanks for coming by Gheez, another fan is always welcome. I still need to buckle down and actually finish the kitchen, it needs new counters at the very least. I'm glad you like the walls. I'm making an effort to try out different things in this game to see what I actually like and what I don't. Such as the high paneled walls. I also haven't redone any of the bathrooms yet, shame on me. My Sims don't spend any time in there except to shower in the mornings. At least, that's the excuse I'm going with. :P

@ Kattiq: I've never before had a Sim who retired get showered in confetti. I was so amused by it the whole Grim thing passed before I was even fully aware of what was going on! Fyve's talking attempts fit right into the scene too; it amused me a little.

Today was spent designing and uploading maternity wear (check them out in my sig - you will find Therie and Fhore's outfits there) but perhaps tomorrow I shall check in with the Sunbursts. It seems I spend 2 full RL days playing out a Sim week, post here the next day, and then I need a day off. :P I really was going to play them today but then I caught Gerrr's request for maternity clothes so I grabbed onto that instead. It was fun.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #282 on: March 11, 2011, 11:49:32 PM »
Fhore: Week 24 Part 1

I have been itching for another trip to China and so I decide this week is the week! As soon as I get a day off.

First though, a few days of life to start the week. Step-Dad Wilbert comes to see Mom early Sunday morning. The shock of his death is just beginning to dull. Mom is about to get up but seeing Wilbert there she snuggles back under the covers for a few more minutes.

Grandpa Tu finally realizes just what 1 million Simoleons means and orders his own custom car. I don't like it but it's his favorite colour with some red highlights to honour his twin brother Theo. He now drives in style on his crazy days when he picks up the investment money.

I spend Sunday in my MA garden beating up on stone boards looking for that 150th one. I find success! As you can see, I still have to actually master the Martial Arts skill but I'm getting closer every day! I miss having Wilbert in my face taking pictures. *Sigh* I never knew my biological Dad since he died before I was born, and even though Wilbert and I weren't close, it was nice having him around when I needed a dad.

Fyve gets bored of searching for celestial bodies to name, and heads out for a ride around town. Since, combined, we know every family in town, someone will call us if she's out too late. Doesn't she look innocent? I wonder what she's planning.

On the outskirts of town, she knocks on the door of a more modern looking house.

Oh. Hello Patrick. You have all met Patrick already. A couple weeks ago, I believe, when Grandpa Tu went out to visit an old friend. Yup, that's the kid. Patrick Baker. Oh dear. I think he got brownie points for the tie!

Wunn takes another trip to the Salon for a random makeover [mostly to determine if it will not reset his age again this time] and he meets young Willow Drudge. Anyway, she has Grandma Lolly's hair. Mmmmm. I agree, new shoes will be just the thing.

Hey, look at that! Not quite as good as the last makeover (I totally agree, I think it's the hair) and Wunn is still 86 days old.

Later in the week, I catch Ernesto after his "breakfast" at noon and tell him about my desire for another trip to China. He says he would rather just relax at home, so I crank things up a notch and give him a very wife-y hug and my best sad eyes.

HURRAY! We're off the China! *Does giddy dance around the kitchen* I love my husband.

~

Part 2 to follow a trip to China.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #283 on: March 12, 2011, 12:08:32 AM »
She does look innocent! Is Patrick her future husband or a relative? I can't remember what generations stop being family?

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #284 on: March 12, 2011, 12:20:09 AM »
This might be a dumb question but can you really get custom cars in Fast Lane? (I'm assuming you have it because of the orange car)
Looks like Fyve has some matchmaking do to between herself and little patrick ;)