Author Topic: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook (June11)  (Read 128437 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook
« Reply #345 on: April 30, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »
Awesome update!

Congratulations on your new immortal - Fhore down, four more to go!
Also Welcome baby Lenny and good luck getting that girl, Franklin!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #346 on: April 30, 2011, 09:32:51 PM »
Yay for Fhore, the fourth imortal *confetti*

Welcome to baby Lenny!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #347 on: April 30, 2011, 09:57:06 PM »
Thanks guys! I have no idea why it took me 3 weeks to play and update less than a SimWeek but I blame it on our Easter Weekend trip to the in-laws. That's my story.

I wish there was some way I could "make" Sandi eat watermelons but I don't think there is. I guess I could place a bunch around somewhere and hopes she eats one, but I'm sure I can't get her to eat more than one in the next 12 SimHours. Hmmmm .... *wanders off muttering about watermelons and Patrick's keyboard*
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #348 on: April 30, 2011, 10:27:33 PM »
Wow, you can connects tunnels like that? I didn't know that!
Formerly Simstar3

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #349 on: May 01, 2011, 03:21:34 AM »
Lily, recently, I read your awesome dynasty from the beginning, and it was nothing short of SUPER! Your writing is amazing and the story shows it. One word: I love this dynasty. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #350 on: May 01, 2011, 04:21:14 AM »
Congratulations on another immortal!

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #351 on: May 01, 2011, 04:23:17 AM »
Congrats on another Immortal!  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #352 on: May 01, 2011, 06:07:27 AM »
Whoo! Update ;D

No problem it took you so long to play this simweek! It's one of the things I really like about the Dynasty challenge. There is always so much going on between all the household members that there's almost no increasing your game's speed. Add that to the diligent screenshot taking to get the best shots out of every day, and it makes the Dynasty one of the most intensily played challenges.

And of course the update's awesome - as always - so who are we to complain ;)

Rica stole my pun (figured someone would :P) so I'm just going to keep it simple with congratulations on your halfway mark!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #353 on: May 01, 2011, 10:49:44 AM »
Thanks everyone! I should be getting updates in more frequently over the next few weeks as my husband starts his new 40hr/week job on Monday (tomorrow) plus he's still working 15-20hrs at his old job in the evenings. No time for us but lots of time for Sims! That and I'm bowing out of the next couple challenges (Rabbit Hole and Photography ones) because the first I can't even start - boring - and the second I'm going to fail miserably - no fun. I might try a trial Photography run through but probably not.

@ Simstar: You don't need to actually connect tunnels but when the mining is finished and the hole isn't glowing gold (ie. non-explorable) you can name it. Then, when you click on a second one, you get the options to "Travel to ... [any named tunnel]" or "Travel anywhere". It's pretty neat. I've got one on the home lot and at central park, Wunn is working on digging a tunnel at the gym.

You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #354 on: May 01, 2011, 12:52:42 PM »
I have them on my home lot and then to far away lots like lakes. Yay for more updates! :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #355 on: May 09, 2011, 07:39:33 PM »
Franklin: Week 28 - Meet the Nowaks

No worries devoted readers, Fyve will have her chance at telling our story, just a bit later. I convince my sister Fhore to allow me the chance of gushing over my beautiful family. If you would rather just read about what's happening around the house at large, feel free to skip to the next update. Of course, it will take a little while for Fyve to organize herself and post it. But since you're here you might as well allow me to tell you about my week.

As you all know, I work as an International Super Spy, oddly enough there isn't much travel involved. Basically I go to work 4 days a week and have my evenings to spend as I please. Sunday, I invite Sandi and the children out to the park for some quality family time. We commandeer the Gnubb game for the entire afternoon! Jarod and I take on Marty and Sandi while little Lenny plays with the toddler toys. [I found out that 6 Sims can play Gnubb at the same time, 3 per side.]

Jarod and I soundly beat Sandi and Marty round after round, so Marty decides he'd rather play for our side. Sandi convinces a couple Sims from the audience to help her out. But it's no use, we men have the majority so we will win!

When the boys sit down to finish their homework before it gets too dark to see, I push the love of my life on the swings. [Actually, the game got interrupted by the pregnancy spin.] This is another new dress which she insists is absolutely necessary. If she has to suffer through 3 days of nausea and an aching back, she will have a new outfit for each pregnancy! I'm just excited that she was willing to try for a baby girl one last time.

A couple days later, I meet up with Sandi at the Red Rendezvous after work for some dancing and foosball when our evening gets interrupted very suddenly. Please welcome our perfectly adorable baby boy, Jerrod. Now why, you ask, would we name our fourth child by the same name as our second? That's a very good question. My answer is this: I am in the bathroom when Sandi fills out and hands in the paperwork. It seems to be a case of severe post-pregnancy brain. I make a trip to City Hall and our fourth child gets his own name, Mitchell, after Sandi's grandfather. Marty gets the news and stops by after school lets out, I don't even see him there as we are leaving.

I take Sandi and brand-new Mitchell home to relieve the babysitter and, while Sandi and the nooboo sleep, I spend time with Lenny teaching him how to talk. This family is my entire world. Just look at his little face.

The next day is my day off so I help Sandi and the boys move to a larger house just down the street from ours, the old Baker place. It has enough room for all the boys as they grow up. Jarod has his own definition of babysitting and he promptly gets sent back out on box hauling duty when Sandi catches this behaviour. Sandi takes over nooboo care and directing boxes to the right rooms.

We all take a dip in the backyard pool after the boxes are unloaded. Then, after a pizza supper, the boys head upstairs to unpack a couple of their boxes while Sandi feeds Mitchell and I teach Lenny the tricks of walking.

On Saturday, Patrick is doing very well in his new job and offers the boys a couple free makeovers. They agree when he assures them they get to decide a few things. The middle picture is them before their makeovers and then after on either side. [I have finally discovered Marty's hair colour! Not sure where it's from but it's orange.] Marty elects to keep most of his everyday look but gets whole new formal and athletic wear for his last couple days as a teen. Jarod allows Patrick a little more creative freedom and comes out looking pretty sharp.

And since I'm showing you pictures of my boys, I might as well include the little ones, too. We add toddler toys to the gym when Sandi brings the little ones along for her workout.

Well, that's my little family. Sandi and I are about to celebrate our elder birthdays so we can retire and just watch our little ones grow up. That reminds me, Lenny should be having a birthday here shortly too. It's great having them just down the street now as the boys often stop by on their way home from school and visit with their Grandma Therie and Auntie Fhore.

I'll go get Fyve now so she can fill you in on what everyone else is doing this week.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #356 on: May 09, 2011, 08:33:12 PM »
Cuuute! ;D
I love it how Frank has his own family. :)
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #357 on: May 09, 2011, 11:26:45 PM »
Awesome update! Welcome Mitchell!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #358 on: May 11, 2011, 01:24:41 AM »
Thanks Simstar and Esther.

Fyve's rendition of week 28 has been shelved for the immediate future (she is waiting very patiently and has everything prepared already). My husband is in the hospital for appendicitis. We caught it early enough that we're going to try and treat with antibiotics first and reassess in the morning. Fingers crossed and prayers said that the appendicitis responds to the antibiotics and he can come home tomorrow. I spent all day in the hospital today (since 7am) and am going back in the morning. I'll talk to you guys later.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #359 on: May 11, 2011, 01:30:24 AM »
Oh my goodness, good luck to him Lily. See you when you get back.