Author Topic: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook (June11)  (Read 128443 times)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2011, 08:01:24 PM »
Corners Melinda Hunter (daughter of Buck Greene and Kat Hunter) in her home. She uses the "have to go to work" excuse to escape.
I hate it when that happens!!

[I'm a sucker for original townie offspring becoming spouses!]
Me too! I like the challenge of finding a good looking one :P

I hope you get life fruits in time! Grim better stay away!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2011, 06:35:09 PM »
Wunn: Week 9 Part 1

This is my last week posting updates as I will either be dead (and there will be no reason for updates) or my son Tu will finally get the chance to continue our story his way.

The smell coming from the kitchen wakes me up this morning; yes, it is actually still morning when I get up today. What on Earth is Lolly cooking?! Or maybe one of the boys thinks it's a great idea to prepare breakfast today, or maybe young Zo? Whatever it is it smells ... dead! I don't even take the time to change I just head for the kitchen. This is what I find.

She then puts in on the counter in front of me and says "Eat." I look at the foul smelling dish, then back at Lolly. Is she for real?

Lolly sighs "It's your Ambrosia, silly, I found the life fruit in the garden this morning and since you now have 6 BFs, this is breakfast. Sit, eat. I hear it's almost tolerable while it's still hot."

I eat it. At 88 days old that was cutting it just a little too close for this old man! And yes, it tastes rotten!

Tu heads for the park to rustle up another friend and runs into Melinda Hunter. That would have been one heck of a wedding night surprise!

Zo's daily chess matches in the park have become a source of must-see entertainment for the fine folks of Twinbrook.

This is why I can now garden at night: flame on a bush!

Tu wants me to share this picture of him and his painting. This painting is #30 and Brilliant painting #6! It's a two-fer! It gets a special place on the wall in his room.

Part 2 to follow a trip to France.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2011, 06:41:06 PM »
Congrats on Immortality! I was really worried for a bit! :)
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2011, 06:51:51 PM »
France trip #1: Middle of Week 9

Travelers: Marc because he needs one more handiness point for his LTW and I'm sure the Grim has been informed of that. Lolly because she has a Collection Helper and that will be her job. Zo because she's new and it will be her job to get that Vacation Home.

Length of Stay: 9 days (+3 from both Lolly and Marc)

Flight Leaves: Right now!

~

Upon reaching the French hotel, the three adventurers head off in pursuit of LTH points!

Lolly snaps a quick picture of Marc before heading off on the trail of metals, gems, butterflies, bugs, and the garden with the fruit trees. This gentleman was nice enough to let Lolly pick the plums, pomelos, and pomegranates from his front yard.

Marc chats up the nice cafe clerk before heading off to the art museum. It wasn't the art he was interested in though.

Handiness level 10, check. LTW, check! All before bedtime. The rest of the trip finds Marc collecting the live stuff while Lolly sticks to the dead stuff.

Zo checks in with the adventure board and and runs off finding treasure, opening chests, breaking piles of rubble, diving into wells, and talking to the locals.

Oh, and getting her Visa to level 3!

On their last day of a very successful trip to France, they all meet up at the cafe for one last meal of frog legs.

Week 9 part 2 next!

@ Simstar: So was I!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2011, 07:23:16 PM »
Wunn: Week 9 Part 2

Everyone is starving when the taxi drops the adventurers off at the house. I'm outside chatting with a young friend of mine while the boys are inside the art room, as usual. The boys rush outside when they hear the taxi pull up. After a round of hugs, we all head inside for supper when suddenly Marc isn't feeling so well.

Now, I'm no doctor but the clues are all there: feeling weightless, foggy, caught between two worlds.

Somebody must have told the Grim when their flight landed and he didn't waste any time.

The boys took Marc's death especially hard, they had grown up with him as more of a father figure than I was, and had spent so many hours learning the art of painting and sculpting from him.

And as the circle of life always continues, sometimes even the doctor is taken by surprise, especially when he's on his lunch break.

Marc and I have a short chat tonight, mostly about art and death. I will miss him, he was so willing to come aboard and help we with my list and we were best of friends once, back when we had time for chats over cereal.

R.I.P. Marc Brandt, 109 days
Sculptor, Painter, Surrogate Father, Fiance, Father, and Friend
He leaves behind a house full of friends, a finacee, 3 young boys, and a couple masterpiece museum pieces.
He is reunited in the afterlife with his young daughter, Cherie.

Remember him as when he caught his first Glowy butterfly:

Next Week: What marks will Marc's passing leave on our lives? Will Lolly and I hear the cry of grandchildren any time soon?

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2011, 07:42:50 PM »
R.I.P Mark. :(
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2011, 10:38:43 PM »
R.I.P. Marc Brandt! Another long living sim!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2011, 08:09:28 AM »
RIP Marc
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline RJ

• Townie
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2011, 08:23:01 AM »
RIP Marc. I've never had a sim live beyond 100 years old! All of my sims must be really unhealthy lol.

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2011, 08:03:00 PM »
My condolences for your recent sim loss.

I love your house. Is is not too big or not too small..it just seems like it is just right from the pictures I love it.  Great story I like how your adding other people in your home..in other attempts of my own dynasty I have used Agnes and Stiles.

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2011, 11:54:15 PM »
Thanks for reading and commenting everyone! I really appreciate it.

I'm trying for an update early this weekend. I've gotten into the first Tournament challenge this week while my husband is at work (so I can use the PC with LN) and thus have not had the time or desire to play my Dynasty. My husband has Friday and the weekend off so I should be back to the Sunbursts then.

@ bde: When I remember, I'll take some updated screen shots of my Dynasty house and include them. I have the shell of the house built with empty rooms for the coming generations. I've also recently started my official museum. The lot in Twinbrook is so much smaller than SV or RV! I had to do some redesigning of my original museum plan from my first Dynasty attempt, but it is working.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2011, 01:45:18 AM »
Thank you, I can't wait to see the picture of the upgraded house. I think the house can be one of the more frustrating things for me. If I have to make my own home I need it to be outlined and properly spaced and other things. Basically every time I remodel the house I have to start over. I have not decided how I am going to create my museum yet. It will be cool to see what you have come up with. I am excited! ;D

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2011, 03:04:45 PM »
@ bde: Just as I hit "Save and quit" I remember you want house pics, sorry. After I post this I'm going back in (I have to close my game on the laptop in order to have the internet function at normal speed) and I'll take the house pics for you.

~

Tu: Week 10

Hi everyone. It's my turn now to update our family page so here goes. Life is moving at a fast pace this week. Marc's youngest son moves out of town right after the funeral, we are sad to see him go. Dad had hoped Zo and I might have a daughter and we could have Marc's legacy in our family. *Sigh* Good-bye, Marc.

In other news, with Zo just 5 days from elder-hood, it's decision time for us. I'm not quite ready for a child just yet but Zo isn't getting any younger. We are proud to announce that we are expecting a little girl! (Information curtesy of Zo's co-worker Thomas Castor)

Zo spends her maternity leave grooving out in the art room, keeping an eye on Theo and I and our progress. As you can see on the right, Theo's ice sculptures don't melt anymore and he immortalizes Zo in all her pregnant radiance! Theo and I now switch tools - Theo goes back to max painting and I take up sculpting. We are both registered as SE Sculptors.

Zo and I are ecstatic to announce the birth of our little girl, Therie Sunburst! There is much happiness all around today. Grandma Lolly gets dibs on the first feeding.

The day after the arrival of little Therie, Zo is caught by surprise by her birthday! I think she's sad that having Therie didn't give her some extra time. Mom, Dad and I are there to help her celebrate.

She is still so gorgeous to me! Seeing her wake up in the mornings always gives me a craving for chocolate, I'm not sure why. I have recently renamed the Day Spa I bought weeks ago. It is now called Tu Be Zo Tranquil Spa.

Before we are ready our daughter is having her first birthday. In fact, I need an afternoon out of the house just to become ok with the idea - friend Alanna and I go see a movie. Zo gets the honours of blowing out the candles.

Don't we all look excited!

There's our beautiful little girl with blonde hair (perhaps from Lolly's family?) and gorgeous green eyes (definitely from Lolly.)

Zo spends every minute of her too short maternity leave snuggling and laughing with Therie. Here are my two most precious girls - three I guess, since Mom's in the background.

Zo sits down and teaches Therie how to talk.

Her first word is definitely influenced from her Mom, who seeks to max logic and is constantly talking about buying a computer. She hasn't brought one home yet, though.

I get a heart-stopping phone call from Alanna today.

Next Week: Mom reaches her 90th day and there are birthdays all around again!

[Sorry for the short update, other than the nooboo there really wasn't much going on. Now I'm off to take pics of the house. I will be back.]

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2011, 05:09:12 PM »
Welcome Therie and happy birthday Therie and Zo! Therie is adorable!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2011, 07:36:27 PM »
Congrats on the nooboo! She is so cute! I've never actually used the face paint before, but I like it on her!
 I can't wait to see the house update :D