Author Topic: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook (June11)  (Read 126911 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook
« Reply #495 on: August 16, 2011, 01:57:42 PM »
So glad the Sunbursts haven't forgotten about us. I look forward to an update but take care of yourself Lilly I remember all too well how tiring being pregnant is. Its not as tiring as having a nooboo about the house but still tiring. But well you will find that out for yourself.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #496 on: August 20, 2011, 01:07:42 PM »
[This is a long update, I aplogize in advance.]

Fyve: Week 32

The week has all kinds of celebrations! First, my Patrick is recognized by the Twinbrook City Council for his excellent work as a Stylist and is awarded the Key to the City by the mayor herself. I'm so proud of my man, he has put in so many hours, long days and even some evenings, re-educating the citizens of Twinbrook on fashion faux pas, and what actually qualifies as a coordinating outfit.

I guess the overalls guy got missed somehow, or he's a recent transplant from Riverview. Patrick will get to him soon enough.

Patrick spends the evening celebrating his new trophy with all of us as a family and tops the night off jamming with his band into the wee hours of the night, after we family members have all gone home to bed.

Patrick spends so many nights out with the band that I don't even wake up anymore when he comes home to bed. Sleep is wonderful!

The next day is my little man's birthday, I can't believe he'll be going to school tomorrow! Grandma Therie gets Sciks up and ready for his big day, starting with some snuggles and giggles.

[This picture is mostly to show off the awesomeness that is Sim genetics and generation Sciks. He has Wunn's purple eyes! Sciks is the first offspring to gets those eyes. I'm super happy!]

I organize another pool party because they are awesome and who doesn't like a little splashing in the water after cake? I bring my precious, growing-up-way-too-fast handsome little man over to blow out the candles on his cake.

Awww, look at him all sweet and ... little. *Sigh* I guess I don't actually want him to stay a toddler forever, but just one more day?

Sciks eats his cake with Dad and Grandpa Wunn. All the extended family and a few friends made it out for the big day, my pool parties are always a big hit with every age group!

After cake, he tries out the child friendly activities the adults have been enjoying at each party since I upgraded the pool. First the pirate ship:

And then the hopscotch court. This one wasn't as much fun for him until he got the hang of the game, but he had to lose to a few elders first!

Then, making his birthday absolutely perfect, his dad comes home with us (instead of playing with his band) and reads him a bedtime story, although I'm sure the choice of "story" was Patrick's.

The next morning, before getting ready for his first day of school, Sciks is sent into Grandpa Wunn's walk-in closet for the traditional outfit and hairstyle changes. His favorite colour is Spice Brown (in case you couldn't tell by the colour of his room).

Then, he's out the door at a run heading for the bus that will introduce him to the joys and trials of learning and friendships. The gnomes gather to wave him off on his new grand adventure.

Patrick and I decide to have dessert after breakfast today. In our defense, someone has to try out the way-up-off-the-ground new toy we bought for our child, it's considered good parenting to make sure all toys are safe before you give them to your kids.

Grandpa Wunn spends the day in the past and comes back with a crazy new outfit and hairstyle. It works well for fishing.

Then, it's my Patrick's elder birthday. He managed to escape the mid-life crisis that plagued me when I became an adult so we'll see if his age catches up to him now.

He's still hot in my opinion, and it's the only opinion that matters to him. (He tells me so just before we celebrate his birthday just the two of us.)

Outside, a celebration of a different sort is about to begin. At age 94, Uncle Franklin meets the Grim.

R.I.P. Franklin Sunburst, age 94
Son, Grandson, Uncle, Friend, Father, and Fiance
He leaves behind his mother, niece, extended family, fiancee Sandi, and 5 sons: Marty, Jarod, Lenny, Mitchell, and Nikolas (sadly, no grandchildren)
He joins in the afterlife his father Wilbur, and grandparents

~~~~~

Sciks enjoys his new tree house and even has a sleepover by himself in there one night.

Possibly stirred by the recently activity of the Grim, my dad Ernesto comes out for some fun on the trampoline, he's just glowing white tonight.

[I've kept his urn around in response to Chronic's comment regarding Ernesto's red glow at the time of his death, it made me wonder if he would glow red as a ghost. Well, not tonight.]

The family welcomes a new nooboo gnome. Nooboo Eins would like to introduce Nooboo Zwei, he likes to chew on his toes.

Meanwhile, the other gnomes have gathered by the garden. [I can't remember his name it's been too long since I took this picture.] Elder gnome whatshisname is giving a late night lesson on cane golf. Some of the other elder gnomes seem interested at the new function of their canes while others seem to be napping on their feet.

[All but 1 or 2 of my adult gnomes aged up to elder in 2 days, see there's one adult gnome in the picture. I guess when you have 9 gnomes in inventory when you install Generations, they're all the same "age".]

Sciks gets home from his after school ballet class and shows of his new (only) move to Lola. He looks a little worried that's it's not as impressive as he thinks; he says Lola just walked away instead of getting excited about this new skill of his.

Then, he heads off to do his homework in the solitude of the playhouse. He says he likes the quiet.

Tonight, Uncle Franklin comes out to see if the perks of being a ghost really are all they're cracked up to be. I think he likes the peace and quiet of the night more than anything, and not having to share the TV remote.

Saturday morning is a flurry of activity as everyone gets ready for a trip to China.

Up Next: Sunburst 7 in China.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #497 on: August 20, 2011, 02:06:41 PM »
It looks like it has been a busy week for the Sunbursts.

Rachel

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #498 on: August 20, 2011, 02:17:55 PM »
Yay, they're back! Another great update as usual Lily, I love this family! Hmm I still think that is a funny walk for Patrick to make when his Wife is already asleep and he isn't even undressed yet...  :-\
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #499 on: August 20, 2011, 02:46:43 PM »
BWAAAAAAH! Goodbye, Franklin. :'(
Are we ever going to find out why Patrick keeps coming home with a strut?
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #500 on: August 20, 2011, 03:43:20 PM »
Not really an update.

Here are a couple pictures that don't add anything to the story but I just couldn't delete them, so of course I have to share them. Enjoy.

This is the result of a glitched Patrick resetting himself to the edge of Twinbrook (up by where the Curious family lives at the start). I can't remember what I wanted him to do but the game decided to refuse and sent him up there to watch the sunset, and I got this amazing picture! (I just had to blur the edges for effect.)

When Ernesto came out for his haunting he had some fun on the trampoline, as you all saw. What I didn't include is the activity he chose after he got off the trampoline. My ghosts tend to fill their fun bar and then head off for a nap. Very rarely to they haunt things anymore. Ernesto decided tonight was the night to bring back this old favorite activity, and in the dining room he found Patrick's leftover fruit parfait just to his liking.

Ever wonder what IFs eat when they get hungry? Rainbow cookies!

Up Next: China, as promised.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #501 on: August 20, 2011, 04:42:22 PM »
That is an amazing picture! Lol, haunted Fruit Parfait! Wuow, I'll have to keep a look out for Rainbow Cookies!  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #502 on: August 21, 2011, 01:37:38 AM »
Thanks for reading and commenting Rachel, Thomas, and Simstar!

China Trip #4 (as promised): End of Week 32

Travelers: Everyone! Why not? Everybody has stuff that they can do or games they can play.

Length of Stay: 11 days

Flight Leaves: Right now!

~~~~~

Fyve:

China is even more awesome this time around with the whole family there (minus Uncle Franklin) including my husband and son! After we get settled into our vacation home, Mom heads over to the Academy for her own brand of making friends. Most of her old friends have past away but she always manages to make a few more. Black belt versus beginner white belt, that's nice Mom, way to pick on the noob!

Grandpa Wunn has been holding on to an opportunity to bring 4 Red Assassin bugs in to work since Uncle Franklin found 3 for him during the last China trip. He spends the first half of the trip running all over China picking up every Red Assassin bug he could find! Apparently they fetch a pretty penny back home at the Science Facility.

A good friend of mine from our previous trip invites me over for tea and I drag Sciks along when she tells me that she has a daughter. There's no way I'm letting my little boy hang out at the vacation home for 11 days! Sciks has a lot of fun making friends with the young Wang girl [sorry, can't remember her name right now] although he will never admit it, she is a girl after all!

Patrick decides 11 days is plenty to finally master his bass instrument and he sets up a spot in the backyard so that we can all enjoy his music as we hang out playing games, sculpting, painting, or smashing space rocks. Our backyard here in China is super multifunctional!

Mom spends a few nights at the Academy catching up on old friends and making a few new ones, even between sparring matches, and at night.

Patrick has been quiet and attentive since his elder birthday and this trip continues with more of the same. I'm loving this new side to Patrick! We get to sleep in the master bedroom on the first floor while everyone else sleeps in the dorm rooms upstairs. All that means we have lots of privacy any time we want it! Hmmm, I could spend all our mornings for the rest of Patrick's days waking up like this.

When she finally leaves the Academy, Mom joins the market vendors in their frequent swims in the market pools.

Sometimes, she prefers to not join them!

I hang out with the kids in the backyard a lot, playing with all our new games. Sciks and his new best friend enjoy them as much as we adults do.

The one new game/toy device us adults don't find any interest in the kids love the most [if I didn't cue up a task for him, Sciks made a beeline for the sandbox]. They have a blast throwing sand and building different shapes.

During the second half of the vacation, Patrick and I buy Sciks an inventing bench and get it all set up for him, hammer included. Then, we step back and let him bang away at the pieces of scrap the Grandpas have dung up with their miners.

We have a few moments of sudden loud noises, exclamations of pain and frustration, but also moments of delight when Sciks manages to create something interesting! This is one of those moments of sudden loud noises that make my heart stand still.

After his pants are safely put out, this moment is funny! The desperation and shock on his face is priceless! And we now know for sure that kids can use the shower-in-a-can things Mom buys for her all-nighters at the Academy.

Sciks also rolls the wish to become best friends with his Dad so after a few hours of conversation, they pummel each other with pillows. As long as they're bonding and both having fun, this Mom is staying out of it!

This is a snapshot of how we mostly spend our days in China: Grandpa Wunn is off fishing for Koi and catching red bugs, Grandpa Tu is sculpting [almost a complete waste of time as all his sculptures disappeared from the family inventory when they got home!], Grandma Therie is talking to Patrick at the moment but spends most of her time running to the relic shop to find our missing collection pieces and painting, Mom is breaking space rocks, Patrick is usually found playing his bass, I am finding new stars and meteors, while Sciks is hammering out his latest invention. Oh, and that's our tiberium garden at the front there, it did very well with only one dud.

When he finally catches enough Koi fish and gets bored of running after bugs, Grandpa Wunn digs up some more holes, and at the market no less!

After more than 4 lifetimes, Grandpa Tu finally sculpts a sculpting gnome! [I was starting to think I would never get one off the sculpting block!] This one is made from clay and looks like a shadow.

After 11 days in China and a long flight home, we all make it home in one piece.

Next Week: Patrick tells his story. And more birthdays.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #503 on: August 21, 2011, 02:21:35 AM »
He apparently really enjoys band practice. ;)
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #504 on: August 21, 2011, 02:52:58 AM »
I love how you tell these stories! So Patrick tells his story, huh? I wonder how much of it he will tell...  :)

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #505 on: August 21, 2011, 12:23:01 PM »
What was Fhore doing, making friends at the academy?!? Friends do not makes hearts come out of tents...

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #506 on: August 21, 2011, 12:35:03 PM »
I love how you tell these stories! So Patrick tells his story, huh? I wonder how much of it he will tell...  :)

Totally agree with you Thomas, Lily you're doing an awesome job writing this story please don't ever stop.

Also I got to ask where you got the pattern(s) on Sciks's shirt, it's superb. And thanks for checking about the glow, too bad.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #507 on: August 21, 2011, 12:47:19 PM »
I remember Artie only glowed when he was around good, friendly, evil or insane sims so the ghost may not glow without that help.  He probably glowed because the Grim Reaper is usually Evil or Insane.

Awesome updates!  I can't wait to hear Patrick's story.  Also.  I've missed the Sunbursts.  Glad you're feeling better.

Chronic: That pattern is from our very own swap shop.  One of the Whirls by Gheez - In the For the Fellas thread here
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #508 on: August 21, 2011, 12:54:32 PM »
Chronic: That pattern is from our very own swap shop.  One of the Whirls by Gheez - In the For the Fellas thread here

Oh Gosh I didn't even know about that thread those patterns are totally awesome. Thanks for the help Rica.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #509 on: August 21, 2011, 01:05:50 PM »
The line about getting home in one piece made me giggle.

Rachel