Author Topic: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook (June11)  (Read 128214 times)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
Re: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook
« Reply #540 on: December 18, 2011, 03:24:12 PM »
Sciks: Week 36, Part 2

Unwilling to lead a double life like my Dad had for so many weeks, I know I can't just ignore that kiss from last night. Nobody told me being an adult would be this hard! There are so many things to consider: my family loves Caroline - they barely know Lihua, and since the kiss, dislike is the word to describe how they feel about her and me; this will be the last Sunburst wedding and spouse to move in - how important is my happiness relative to the overall Immortal Dynasty; is a foundation of growing up together stronger than a blissful childhood vacation in China; and is love that grows steady over weeks stronger/better than love at first sight?

The decision is made, now to find and break the heart of a lady I love. Argh! Why did Dad's betrayal have to instill in me such a potent need to be honest and upfront about matters of the heart? First, breakfast.

Breakfast is a quiet affair, my family, hurt by my actions of last night, don't speak to me. They are courteous and pleasant to Lihua as she is a guest in our home. I can't eat my Fruit Parfait fast enough but finally choke it down.

I manage to catch her at home before her shift at the Bookstore starts, and with a heavy heart, I break the news of my heart's decision to my first love, Caroline.

I apologize for my thoughtless behaviour, trying to explain that everything happened so suddenly last night.

She doesn't want to hear it and I guess I can't blame her. She throws me out of her house

When I get back home I have a long talk with the whole family. Begrudgingly, they decide to support my decision; I think I get some extra points for talking to Caroline right away instead of stringing her along.

The talk with Lihua (what an awkward morning it must have been for her!) produces favorable results. She agrees to move in so we can pursue our relationship without the hassles of a long distance separation.

Here is her new look: [Progressive Style hairstyle from ratchie (thank you Rachel), Rocker Outfit from Katluvr (thank you Katluvr). Lihua's favorite colour is Turquoise.]

The family gives us some privacy for breakfast the next morning, my favorite is Fruit Parfait - like my Dad - and her's is crepes. Grandma Therie is excited about being able to prepare a new dish for the family favorites! [OK, I admit, I'm super excited about a new family favorite!]

I get the opportunity chain to create the Ultimate Invention and spend most of the first half of the day dropping the necessary 'ingredients' off at the Science Center. Lihua gets bored of taking pictures around the house to share with her family back home in China and comes down to the Science Center just as I emerge with The Life Core. I want to share with her the awesomeness that is the potential of The Life Core but this whole thing may still blow up in my face so I keep it to myself. I'll tell everyone when I manage to actually create the Ultimate Invention that I need The Life Core for.

Anyway, she's there waiting when I come out and I ask if she wants a tour of the building. I tell her that Grandpa Wunn works here during the week and our family owns the facility.

After the tour, I ask Lihua an important question to which she responds: "Yes!"

And, maybe because this is an Immortal Dynasty, I decide to follow the urge and ask another important question. This one gets a "YES!" answer.

Later that night, to celebrate our engagement, Lihua and I head out for a night of dancing at the newly built (and promptly purchased) bar called The Brightmore. Upgrades and renovations to follow.

Saturday finds life almost back to normal in the Sunburst house. Lihua spends her time running around taking pictures to send home. Her Dad was quite choked up, but understanding, when she called home to tell him she wouldn't be returning from her 'trip to Twinbrook'. I guess she has found a reason to stay.

Behind the Bookstore she runs into a tourist from France and strikes up a conversation that goes from "My favorite food dish comes from France!" and turns into "Your Dad's name is what?!" It turns out this blonde-haired tourist from France is none other than Lihua's half-sister! [I didn't write down her name, sorry.] They spend the rest of the day talking about family and their home lands.

~~~~~~

The gnomes are not immune to the unrest and upheaval in the house.

This guy appeared out of nowhere and has made himself at home here on the Sunburst lot. It looks like the ladybug on his ear is making him go cross-eyed!

Our second generation gnomes have banded together, although we're not sure yet what exactly they're up to. Counterclockwise from the oldest one we have: Nooboo 1, Nooboo 2, Nooboo 3, Nooboo 4, and the lastest, Nooboo 5. I guess they really do grow into their hats.

~~~~~~

Next week: Possibly 3 Simbots, maybe a wedding, and hopefully a trip to China! (Fingers crossed the latest patch fixed my invisible-Sims-upon-arrival-at-their-WA-destination problem.)
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #541 on: December 18, 2011, 05:16:07 PM »
Welcome Lihua! I love the gnomes! I wish I had more.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #542 on: December 18, 2011, 05:22:42 PM »
Poor Caroline did not look happy but I am sure she will find someone else. Lihua is pretty I like that she has curves. I can't wait to see the wedding all my Sims are either teens or toddlers at the moment so no weddings for me.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #543 on: December 18, 2011, 06:47:28 PM »
YAY Lihua! Caroline should have known there would be competition.. Poor thing.
Congratulations :) I'm looking forward to the wedding!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #544 on: December 19, 2011, 09:15:48 AM »
Thanks for reading and leaving comments Gogo, Rachel, and Kattiq!

@ Gogo: I've lost a number of gnomes to the transfiguration display. They jump up on there and then don't actually poof back off, they get stuck to the display somehow and I have to sell it before I can transfigure more stuff - it usually sells for about 5,000! Bye bye gnomes. :(

I'm excited for my last Dynasty wedding too! I'm trying to see what I can swing in terms of traveling and such. Other than the happy couple, only Fyve has rolled the wish to see them get married - and it took her a couple days to come around!

I should have a chance to play tomorrow but with us going out of town for Christmas and New Year's, the chance of an update before Friday (when we leave) is fairly slim. Ooo, I'll have to post something, I decorated their house for Christmas this year so I should at least take and post a family Christmas picture.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #545 on: December 19, 2011, 04:49:35 PM »

@ Gogo: I've lost a number of gnomes to the transfiguration display. They jump up on there and then don't actually poof back off, they get stuck to the display somehow and I have to sell it before I can transfigure more stuff - it usually sells for about 5,000! Bye bye gnomes. :(

Poor gnomes... Can't you use reset sim on a gnome?

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #546 on: December 19, 2011, 05:18:35 PM »
No, because they're not Sims even if you give them names - but you should be able to move them in Buy mode, or theoretically you can grab and drag them even in Live mode. (Mine tend to get stuck in the fence for some reason.)
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #547 on: December 19, 2011, 06:18:03 PM »
There isn't a gnome for me to grab and drag anywhere. They poof onto the transfiguration display and then simply become invisible - no longer show up anywhere on the lot. The spot where they were/are sitting is unusable by another objects. The only thing I can grab is the display - which appears empty of anything - and sell it for the depreciated price plus a few extra 1000 for "invisible" gnomes.

I haven't thought to fill the remaining empty spots on the display and hit "transfigure" just to see what comes out. Hmm, I'll have to try that just for curiosity's sake, see if I can transfigure my invisible gnomes. :P

I've gotten around it by leaving gems on the display so the gnomes don't have anywhere to sit.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #548 on: December 19, 2011, 06:19:28 PM »
Isn't there a way to manage what is on one of those displays? So you can remove/add items to it? You could try that.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #549 on: December 19, 2011, 06:34:49 PM »
I haven't thought of that, Tom, I usually drag and drop from the inventory list. I don't know if you can add/remove things from the transfiguration display with a pop-up box like for the fish tank or Omni Plant. I'll have to try that next time I play.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #550 on: December 20, 2011, 04:41:18 PM »
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

From the Sunburst family: Wunn, Tu, Therie, Fhore, Fyve, Sciks, Lihua, and Sami

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday season. Thank you for reading my Dynasty, slowly but surely I will make it to the end!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #551 on: December 20, 2011, 05:18:58 PM »
Merry Christmas and to you to!

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #552 on: December 21, 2011, 04:28:39 PM »
Merry Christmas, Lily!  That is a great family portrait you used for the Christmas card!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #553 on: December 21, 2011, 10:03:36 PM »
Merry Christmas Lily & Sunburst family!

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #554 on: December 22, 2011, 03:17:32 AM »
Merry Christmas, I love the family portrait, that was nicely done!

Does the pink bunny gnome come from pets? I've never seen one before, it's pretty cute. :D
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.