Author Topic: A serious error has occurred - travel related to university  (Read 4946 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
A serious error has occurred - travel related to university
« on: January 17, 2014, 05:40:45 AM »
When I was sending my sims home from university I got this message when the bar was half loaded. After I clicked the message the game froze and the window turned all white. The message read:

A serious error has occurred while loading [name of gamefile] I seriously suggest you restart the application.

I have never seen this message before. Does anyone know what it means/is caused by?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: A serious error has occurred - travel related to university
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 11:18:56 AM »
Hi Saltpastillen,

I'm not sure why that error pops up from time to time, but I found a tip for you to try from Crinrict's Blog.

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/11/a-serious-error-has-occurred.html

I hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 11:21:42 AM »
Thank you, this will be very helpful in the future. Unfortunately this time my saves had become corrupt and so the game was a loss. But I will bookmark this for future reference :)

Thank you so much for finding this for me.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 11:38:29 AM »
I'm happy I could help. :)

Did you already delete your corrupt game?  I might have found a tip for that too.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Savegame-Corruption/td-p/968290

It sounds like sometimes depending on what's going on in the corrupt game, it can be saved.

There's also this page that might be helpful

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/error-game-crashes-ctd.html

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 12:05:27 PM »

I had those pages saved already and tried to get the file to work. I have a backup of the save left, but I still haven't gotten it to function properly.

Offline CrystalSilverwood7

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2019, 10:16:43 AM »
I had something similar happen to me, my sim was trying to return home and I got the serious error has occured, this was the first time I've seen the error on my of my games (I currently have 3-each in a different world) that I'm playing, so I started a new one with a new family and got the error, I wasn't too far into it, so I just uninstalled and re-installed that world and started my family over again, so far so good, but it did shut down on my after 3 hours of playing (not that error though) right after I just saved it, so I will check it again tonight when I get home.