Author Topic: The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Game Pack Coming September 10th PC  (Read 14113 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Game Pack Coming September 10th PC
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2019, 02:19:25 PM »
Are you sure the Gurus haven't somehow crossed fanfictions between Sims and Pokemon? <G>

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2019, 03:50:07 PM »
Well the non-pet familiars do come with Crystal pokeballs so I guess they have. Leafbatpig I choose you!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2019, 09:21:49 PM »
Ok the familiar  with the rams skull is Veild a void critter.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2019, 09:14:50 PM »
Another tweet update above. I love the look of the waterfall I think is in Glimmerbrook. Anyway I hope there is fishing near it.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2019, 02:24:36 PM »
OK more tweets updated above.

And the bottom familiar is bunnerfly

OK, lets get some discussion going so I don't feel like I am talking to myself or spamming this thread every time I update the info on the info reply.

OK how excited are you people?

As I have said I am extremely excited. I haven't ever been more excited. I love occults and this looks very well done. I am literally bouncing for joy since I seen the trailer.

What are your plans for the pack?

I am most definitely getting it. First I am going to raise up a sim with a perfect start to explore the pack with. I will do everything I can with that sim. Including making that sim a grand parent as I read somewhere about a multigenerational bonus trait or something somewhere. I will also have that sim have a cat and dog familiars. I also so want that leafbatpig familiar. I will get it. I will collect them all! I will also collect the new ghost form spell death. Try out all the spell. And yes that sim will live in Glimmerbrook. I love the looks of that town. And that is just to start. I have so many ideas running through my head.

What are you most excited for?

as foe me, Of course spells and spell casting. I have been hooked on magic in sims since making magic in sims 1. Witches have always been my favorite occult in sims, well until vampires in sims 4 as they are extremely well done. But this looks to top this. Spells and perks? Alchemy and familiars? Curses to dread and flying on brooms? I am can't wait. I am bouncing with excitement. Did I mention I love occults in sims?

A new death is always a plus. And LEAFBATPIGS!!!!!!!! so cool. And that hidden magic real looks so interesting.

Are there anything that disappoints you that you read?

Kinda. I an sad no new woohoo spots are opening up.  I guess no woohooing on the brooms. But I can easily over look that.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2019, 11:08:29 PM »
How excited are you people?
Anything that adds life states to the game or adds new things to the game excites me. I won't be getting it straight away, I don't think, but I probably will in time.

Plans for the pack?
Reenactment of magical events in Eddings/Feist/Brooks/Goodkind/Tolkien/Martin/etc will be happening, I think.

Magic Users not being called Witches. :)
On the other hand, I'm also excited that I may be able to create my own version of Agnes Nutter, Witch who writes her own book of prophecies.

Anything that disappoints you that you read?
The name of the new world. Also kind of miffed that they lost the chance to call it Realm of Might & Magic ... but they may have gotten into trouble with the might & magic game franchise if they did that. :)

---
I am more of a medieval/fantasy setting or a futuristic setting fan than a modern day fan.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mousef

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2019, 11:59:27 AM »
I'm trying to manage my expectations after Island Living, but... seeing that floating Realm of Magic gave me goosebumps. I found supernaturals mostly annoying in TS3, but Vampires were so well done in TS4 I still have hope.

I'm with you with the super sim and gotta catch them all familiars. The multi-generational bonus is very interesting; I rarely play legacies, as I get attached to my founders and find raising multiple children tedious. This gives me a reason to have a powerful magical clan and change my usual gameplay.

POTIONS! I have a few mods that change herbalism, as I find it a really cool skill that is sadly underused. Spells too, of course. In particular the "Copypasto" spell as possible replacement for a cloning machine. I liked brooms in TS3, but wonder how they will work here. There has been some teasing regarding stairs (I'm one of the spiral staircase nutjobs), but it might have been trolling. Most of all, I'm excited this won't be a University pack ::)

No new career, no hybrids. I like the magical bloodline thing from a storytelling perspective, but still wish I could get a spellcasting mervampire...

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2019, 12:13:42 PM »
It looks nice in many ways and as something cool for the game but I don't know if/when I'll get the pack. Maybe I'll wait and see what's the next EP rumored for the end of 2019 and if both that EP and RoM were up to my tastes, I'd bundle them.
As usual, I'll wait to see the livestream and the features to see if it's a pack I might enjoy playing.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2019, 03:05:42 PM »
@mousef we have confirmation on spiral stars NOT being in the pack or a free update coming soon. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. See today's tweets above for the official comment from sim guru Ninja.

Notice I did yet another update.

@Playalot Thanks for posting Carl's Ream of Magic page.

More I read the more I want this pack. My expectations are getting absurd and I am trying to rein them in but they are making it so hard. I want this pack now. I may start knowing what I know not I may start out trying to get third or forth generation spellcasters before I make my super sim. To make that sim super super sim. I wonder if having father winter father the child will mess it up? I can't wait to find out.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2019, 03:26:07 PM »
I have been thinking. Realm of Magic may be the first pack since release that may care about your sims grandparents are with The Bloodline trait and your parents abilities. Heere is a quote from SimGuruNinja:

Your parents' spellcasting abilities (and THEIR magic lineage) will factor into a Bloodline trait passed to their children. This trait will provide an advantage to spellcasters (and there are various levels of strength to it).
Link to quote in my info page above is 8/24/2019 spoiler under "Magical bloodline trait."

Is this a new subtle way to throw multi generational play a bone? If so I like it. There hasn't been much in the way that make family history matter in sims 4. And while I am not big on multi generational play as a whole outside my Perfect line, I am not really into that kind of play (The Perfects, which while they are descendants of my first perfect sim tend to be migrated to new saves, onky kinda count as they don't stay in the same saves as mom and dad.) Anyway I just thought of that and thought it was cool if true that a mechanic cares about the lineage of the parents of the sim you are playing. Small details like that matter to me.

Anyway there is an update above not much new so far today.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2019, 02:56:34 AM »
How excited are you people?
Been waiting for this since Sims 4 released..

Plans for the pack?
Hmmm, at the moment, I want to be the evilest (if that is not a word it should be), spellcaster or take over the world, or something.. I'm not sure yet but currently enjoying being evil to sims....

Magic, Magic, Magic, Magic, Magic, and more Magic... did I mention I was excited for Magic??

Anything that disappoints you that you read?
Not at the moment, as I read more about it and really delve into more than just the trailer and skimming what I see on the feed, I may find something I dislike but first I'm going to go celebrate them finally adding magic to the game.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2019, 05:04:51 PM »
We have an official time. Sims 4 Realm of Magic Livestream will be Sept. 6 2019, 11:00 AM PT. Tweat in info thread above. I can't wait. 10 days until most will be revealed.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2019, 06:09:23 PM »
Everyone new up date in info reply.

I MUST HAVE!!!!!!!

I so want. I never new I needed this but I do. It is so adorable. How am I going to survive 15 more days without that leafbatpig. me want, no me need. I would buy it just to have that thing in my game.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2019, 12:03:02 PM »

I am sooo stoked! The only regret is that I will be leaving on a trip on the 10th and will be away until the 19th, so I won't even get a chance to play it until then XD

Oh, I will be preordering so as soon as I get home I will can play it lol. I am really looking forward to having magic in the game once again. Sims 3 Supernaturals was one of my favorites. And it will incorporate wonderfully into my RKC with so many witches!

All of it! I always love when a new pack comes out. Even if things that I wish were in the game aren't added, I still love new content. And so far, I haven't felt that there isn't anything that hasn't been worth the price (especially compared to Sims 3). I will say, the familiars look amazing and I LOVE the pack integration so far. That and the Bloodline traits have me super excited!

Not so far, but we will see, I suppose ^^