Author Topic: Power of 10 - What Pries Glory? [Completed 16 Feb 2020]  (Read 89248 times)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: What Pries Glory? A Power of Ten Dynasty (2 Sep update)
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2019, 08:44:20 AM »
Wow, Mia is so pretty! I love Erwin’s paranoid trait and he looks pretty awesome, too. I never think about laying out a floor plan like that, but it’s brilliant. I am definitely stealing that!

Can’t wait to see the nooboo. I was hoping mine would get Catalina’s red hair but no such luck.

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2019, 10:51:22 AM »
I don’t have strangerville so it’s nice to meet a new character, and I love how you write Erwin, he’s very funny. Looking forward to more!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2019, 12:25:07 PM »
I love the different ways we're approaching the challenge. :)

I should probably toddle Mr Cricket off to start his career sooner rather than later, shouldn't I? <G>

I don't know about other simmers, Deklitch, but maxing a career is the requirement that always takes me the longest.
So, I had Erwin join the Scientist career at Level 1. After 5 work-days, he's a 1/2 tick away from Scientist 4, even with staying late at The Lab.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2019, 12:39:31 PM »
Wow, Mia is so pretty! I love Erwin’s paranoid trait and he looks pretty awesome, too. I never think about laying out a floor plan like that, but it’s brilliant. I am definitely stealing that!

Can’t wait to see the nooboo. I was hoping mine would get Catalina’s red hair but no such luck.

Erwin's such an unpredictable sim and really fun to play. When I wasn't paying attention, he got a DNA sample from Mila Munch and stole a mistletoe kiss from unflirty Mia, haha.
Mia was literally the only young adult sim Erwin met who was female and not a premade sim. And her traits are "not bad."

I'm a big fan of free floor plans! Also, I'm not good at building a single room and expanding the house from that room on the fly.
Ground-level foundation is free, as you know. The floor covering "construction-quality concrete" is also free and comes in 6-7 colors. So handy!

I looked very closely at your preview screenshot of Catalina, Joaquin, and wondered about his hair color.
Hmmm, Erwin & Mia might have to double their chances and have two kids....

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2019, 12:43:39 PM »
I do like the garden and the bees. And... I didn't know toddlers could eat sage. And spandrels. spandrels!

I feel like I need to reread the rules so I know what everyone is attempting.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2019, 12:44:27 PM »
I don’t have strangerville so it’s nice to meet a new character, and I love how you write Erwin, he’s very funny. Looking forward to more!

In EA's Strangerville trailer, Erwin is the first ever sim to be shown speaking English rather than Simlish.
I'm happy to hear you find his antics funny! I hope you continue to enjoy him.
Have you already started your Power of Ten Dynasty, Meg? Looking forward to learning your choice of founder. :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2019, 01:01:09 PM »
I do like the garden and the bees. And... I didn't know toddlers could eat sage. And spandrels. spandrels!

I feel like I need to reread the rules so I know what everyone is attempting.

Thank you for dropping in!
I loathe being poor and unable to keep building, lol! Besides fruit and veggies, toddlers can also eat herbs (incl. those from Granite Falls) for +1 Happy.
I confess I've never tried the catnip herbs, though.

In a nutshell, you choose a founder (premade, gallery sim, or one of your Eugenics spares). The founder moves into an empty lot, gets a job, marries, and has a kid or two.
When the founder completes all the requirements, the heir moves to an empty lot and does the whole process again. Every heir must move to a different town.
Rinse and repeat for 10 generations.

Hey, I have a splendid idea. Why don't you start this challenge with a YA clone of Ahilac?
It might kill you inside, though, to constantly have to restart with a new heir who is too poor to build a nice house. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2019, 01:14:19 PM »
That's the value of a forum. All the stuff I don't know yet. I haven't finished one house after 6 generations...

I've been reading over the rules, and I'm fairly sure simoleons aren't a major obstacle. There are ways to play strategically around that. I think my real frustration would be (will be? *sigh* Ahilac…) a new house with appliances that aren't upgraded. I've copied the spreadsheet. I am considering this.

It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2019, 01:54:48 PM »
@oshizu :  Where to start?  Ok, first of all I LOVE Erwin and his bunker.  He looks so cozy there and while he wanted an above ground house it's always nice to have a bunker, just in case.  His house is adorable and....oh my goodness laying out a floor plan and FREE??!!  Wow!  I always learn something from you.  Back to Erwin, what a dude!  Meets an unflirty girl and the next thing you know, true love and a move in already!  I like finding the ones that are not "regular" prebuilts because they are always interesting and usually are quite attractive with only one slightly negative trait.  Being a stay at home Mom is perfect for her and will shortly be bringing in some cash.  Erwin will be able to sell potions he makes and don't forget all those dig sites at work!  I almost went with scientist but...considering what I'm building my story around, gardening was the one for me.  Can hardly wait to see what comes next.
@Heart Foam: Oh do join in!  Even if you are "living in the raw" there are ways to make even that posh and you are just the one to do it.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2019, 01:00:08 AM »
That's the value of a forum. All the stuff I don't know yet. I haven't finished one house after 6 generations...

I've been reading over the rules, and I'm fairly sure simoleons aren't a major obstacle. There are ways to play strategically around that. I think my real frustration would be (will be? *sigh* Ahilac…) a new house with appliances that aren't upgraded. I've copied the spreadsheet. I am considering this.

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT! Seeing/reading how you approach the Challenge will be ever so much Fun!
Plus it would be fantastic to see Ahilac in a new story all her own. ;)

[/quote]

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2019, 01:07:03 AM »
@oshizu :  Where to start?  Ok, first of all I LOVE Erwin and his bunker.  He looks so cozy there and while he wanted an above ground house it's always nice to have a bunker, just in case.  His house is adorable and....oh my goodness laying out a floor plan and FREE??!!  Wow!  I always learn something from you.  Back to Erwin, what a dude!  Meets an unflirty girl and the next thing you know, true love and a move in already!  I like finding the ones that are not "regular" prebuilts because they are always interesting and usually are quite attractive with only one slightly negative trait.  Being a stay at home Mom is perfect for her and will shortly be bringing in some cash.  Erwin will be able to sell potions he makes and don't forget all those dig sites at work!  I almost went with scientist but...considering what I'm building my story around, gardening was the one for me.  Can hardly wait to see what comes next.
@Heart Foam: Oh do join in!  Even if you are "living in the raw" there are ways to make even that posh and you are just the one to do it.

Thank you for your sweet comments, Joria.
Like you, I love "discovering" a random townie as a spouse prospect. I wonder where your Darjeeling will start out and who she will marry!

I don't build much, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of homes you and HeartFoam create for each generation!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: What Pries Glory? A Power of Ten Dynasty (3 Sep update)
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2019, 12:37:19 AM »
1.2: I'm a Family Man!

Erwin: As soon as my second week begins, Mia heads out with me to Sulani.
My last three odd jobs all take place there, and Mia comes along to fish.

In the early evening, we throw a small wedding party at home.

Much to my surprise, everyone I invited attends our wedding.
They're all the new friends I've made since moving here.

A gold-medal wedding party!
Mia says that means we get some free swag!

Mia: So that locked door leads to this basement? Why'd you bring me down here?

Erwin: I did some remodeling of my bunker with you in mind…
Mia: Wow, Erwin! You mean to say this is the only fully-furnished room in the house?

Mia: Yay, I'm eating for two! Erwin, why am I sitting next to some science machine?
Erwin: Uh, I temporarily installed a toilet down in my basement lab.
Mia: You mean, just for tonight? Just for me?
Erwin: *blushes

That night, we get another visit from that man in the black coat.
Mia, my dear, I believe it's time you start studying Vampire Lore.

On Tuesday, we get a notice about the Humor & Hijinks Festival in San Myshuno.
I've been trying not to stray from Oasis Springs, but I can't resist.
The festival would be a great opportunity for me to boost my Comedy skill!
Of course, my friends and I join the Jokesters.

I'm dismayed to run into my doppelganger at the festival.
Can you believe he even has the nerve to join the Jokesters, too?

He's confused about me, too, so I explain what's happened to me so far.
He's shocked to see photos of my new home, my wife, my new life.
Part of me would like to become good friends with him. What do you think?

Oh, please! He even has an attack of paranoia at the exact same time as me!

Diego: Whatever, they're both weirdos. Let's pretend we didn't see that.

Twin girls! I'm holding the next heir. I've named her Wynn because, you know, Erwin and Wynn?
Mia gives our second daughter the name Zoe.

Saturday, I try hard to complete my last two emotional whims but without success.
I'm just too blissed out over our daughters.
Even summoning a tragic clown does me no good at all.
Wait, I take it back. That there tragic clown is now my seventh sixth Good Friend.

(Watcher's note: I just learned Erwin's wife doesn't count as a good friend.)

Here are the girls on Saturday evening, right after they age up to toddlers.

That's the next heir, Wynn. She has my red hair and droopy eyes.

Here's Zoe. You can tell she's going to take after her mother.
*whispers: Too bad neither twin inherited my green eyes.

We're too poor to buy a fireplace for the girls, so I try my satellite dish instead.
FYI: Its Neighborhood Hive Mind: Happy Town setting doesn't affect toddlers.

Finally, an angry whim! I had to make a Red Hot Serum and drink it myself. *kicks trashcan

I've almost maxed my unique skill, Comedy.
It's such a chore to level but nobody will ever max it by accident, right?
This week, I mostly focused on my career and preparing the house for Mia and the girls.
There's still time to complete all my requirements--the twins won't be teens for 3 weeks.

End of Week 2
Spouse: Mia (Rodek) Pries/Unflirty, Materialistic, Foodie
Children: Wynn (heir) and Zoey (twin girls)

Move-out requirements (End of Week 2): 4/10
    1. Career: Scientist 6
    2. Unique skill: Comedy 9/10
✔️3. Earned 10k satisfaction points: 10,000+/10,000 sp
✔️4. Earned $10,000: $10,000+/$10,000
    5. 10 good friends: 6/10, 1/2 non-human
✔️6. 10 freelance gigs or odd jobs: 10/10
    7. 10 parties: 1/10
    8. 10 whims for 10 different emotions: 9/10 whims
✔️9. 10 different community lots for min. 2 hrs each: 10/10
  10.  Item collection: not yet

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2019, 01:20:41 AM »
Oh, Erwin you romantic soul you!  Just for Mia you fixed up the bunker.  How sweet.  The girls are absolutely adorable.  I hope they are fun to play with.  Erwin seems over the moon about them.  THAT creepy vamp!  Grrrr.  I hope he doesn't bring any harm to the family. You are growing garlic, right?  I loved when Erwin met his doppelganger!!  I noticed an Erwin in my story as well so I guess that boy gets around.  I hope you spend more time with the "other" Erwin.  The paranoia shot was priceless.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2019, 02:04:07 AM »
Wow, you’re racing through these requirements! Are you trying to get them completed by the time the girls are teens then?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2019, 02:51:08 AM »
Oh, Erwin you romantic soul you!  Just for Mia you fixed up the bunker.  How sweet.  The girls are absolutely adorable.  I hope they are fun to play with.  Erwin seems over the moon about them.  THAT creepy vamp!  Grrrr.  I hope he doesn't bring any harm to the family. You are growing garlic, right?  I loved when Erwin met his doppelganger!!  I noticed an Erwin in my story as well so I guess that boy gets around.  I hope you spend more time with the "other" Erwin.  The paranoia shot was priceless.

I still want Erwin to have his own lab plus bunker, but the money isn't exactly pouring in yet.
Yes, the twins are so cute. I love that the heir looks like Erwin while her sister resembles his wife Mia.
Actually, I was a little surprised when Vlad (and Caleb) showed up. In my Strangerville game, I started out by deleting every single non-Strangerville premade sim. I played two weeks without a single vampire visit. But you're right: Mia has already made the a bunch of garlic objects.
I've never seen Diego Lobo looking so handsome! Is it because he's standing next to the two Erwins?