Author Topic: Power of 10 - What Pries Glory? [Completed 16 Feb 2020]  (Read 89407 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
What Pries Glory? A Power of Ten Dynasty (8 Sep update)
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2019, 02:54:48 AM »
1.4:  Party Crashers

Week 4

Wynn, looking fabulous in her scouting uniform!

My wife, Mia, believes it's never too early to launch the spouse hunt.
This is London Bheeda who hails from San Myshuno. Yes, those Bheedas.
All we know so far is that he's Good.

Here I am, feeling erratic and paranoid after my Level 9 promotion.

Wanna hear about our accidental gardening discovery?
Our garden's sheltered area is smaller than its unsheltered area.
That prevents us from going overboard with growing plants we don't really need.

But, look what happens because our bee boxes are placed only five tiles apart.
Whenever Mia releases swarms to pollinate, that circled area gets pollinated twice.
(Haha, I'm sure everybody already knew that, except us!)

That's right! You're looking at an Extraterrestrial Explorer!
Today, I reached the pinnacle of the Scientist career.

To celebrate my final promotion, I phone in a dinner party.
A half dozen aliens show up uninvited, spoiling a perfect evening.

Oh, and I get abducted again while I'm tending bar.
Fortunately, my dinner party has already earned gold-medal status,
But, sheesh!

How touching!
Both girls befriend Original Erwin for their Social Butterfly aspiration!

Once the twins befriend a third child, they'll complete all four aspirations.
We hang out for hours at Desert Bloom Park, hoping a child will show up.
No luck!
Maybe the girls could "make friends" during school tomorrow?
What about chatting in the "kids' room" online? We're stumped.

Thanks to visiting the park last night, I can invent my last two collection items.
Tada! 10 wormhole generators worth $14,000 total.

The twins enjoy earning their scouting badges.
They only need the Keep Fit badge now.

We all dine at Villa Bovine for the Night on the Town holiday.
They really should offer more beverages for children, other than water!

Mia: Is that Eliza Pancakes at the corner table, cheating on Bob with Mitch Kalani?

While Mia mentors Zoe in logic, I push Wynn on the swings.

Not again! Last night, even Mia was abducted. She was NOT amused.

Zoe's been nauseous all morning!
At first, I thought it was from spending so much time swinging.
It turns out Zoe has food poisoning! I had her phone the restaurant right away!

I'm not sure if it helped but I had Zoe drink some medicine.
She's looking fine now!

By the way, I have a question for you readers. The girls have earned all the scout badges.
Do you think it's okay to have them quit the scouts?
The scout meetings disrupt our weekends, since I'm only off those days.

Next update: More parties! More birthdays! Uh, more birthday parties!

- - - -

Move-out requirements (End of Week 4): 9/10
✔️ 1. Career: Scientist 10
✔️ 2. Unique skill: Comedy 10/10
✔️ 3. Earned 10k satisfaction points: 10,000/10,000 sp
✔️ 4. Earned $10,000: $10,000/$10,000
✔️ 5. 10 good friends: 10/10, 2/2 non-human
✔️ 6. 10 freelance gigs or odd jobs: 10/10
📌 7. 10 parties: 4/10
✔️ 8. 10 whims for 10 different emotions: 10/10 whims
✔️ 9. 10 different community lots for min. 2 hrs each: 10/10
✔️10. 10-item collection:  10/10

Gen2 heir: Wynn Pries (child stage)
Traits: Music Lover
Main bonus traits: Top-Notch Toddler, Scouting Aptitude

Watcher's Remarks
*Children: Completing Social Butterfly is not crucial for my heir, but if there's only two children in the world during this first generation,
  things will get worse during future generations. She will continue using "Make friends" at school. Does "Chat in the kids' room" on the computer help?
*The bees have done a terrific job of pollinating. After Erwin returned from Granite Falls in Week 2, the bees are often enraged, even after he and Mia do the bonding thing.
  This didn't happen in my previous rotational game last month. Why do the bees hate us in this save?
*With the bee boxes, I overlapped their "radius of effectiveness" by chance. Then, I noticed that those two particular planters affected were evolving much faster than the others.
Thanks for reading!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
Re: What Pries Glory? A Power of Ten Dynasty (8 Sep update)
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2019, 03:57:45 AM »
Once they have the gold scouting trait, I have my child sims quit immediately. For that reason.

I've never seen so many wormhole devices in one picture in my sim life. No wonder you're getting abducted so much. I'm trying to achieve abduction, so this might be a pain for Mia and Erwin, but it's serving as motivation. Those devices will help with museum value, right? Because that's taken Effort.

Your outdoor dining has become fancy! I tend to not have outdoor parties, but on a smallish lot, I think that's the way to go. I'm making mental notes of what works from everyone else's save. I like all the alien guests.

And good to know pollination stacks. I've kept bees, for the honey, to make honey cakes, and to eat, the honey, because honey, is food, and it's nice, it's honey. But not keep bees to pollinate much - the constant stinging!

The front aspect, all the decoration is so good. The path, the flowers. 
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2019, 10:57:28 AM »
I think the devs must have adjusted population again in anticipation of RoM. Children and teens were hard to come by for me, too. I didn't have any problems with that in my Immortal Dynasty. I hope we're not back to having so few new Sims generate.

I love your outdoor party set-up. One of the many advantages to living in a desert town is that you can do that nearly year-round. The garden and house are both looking great. I think I need to make more of an effort with Francisco's house.

Awww, the girls making friends with alt-Erwin is so cute!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2019, 11:04:00 AM »
@Heart Foam
Thank you for the scouting feedback. I thought I might be missing something besides the little responsibility loss.
I thought abduction likelihood was caused by the satellite dish's Contact Alien option? I'm not sure. In the past week, we've had 4 abductions (Mia once) and two night visits by aliens.
Yes, the wormhole generators are Erwin's collection. Haha, I thought I could just buy the crystals then discovered, because I disabled Get Famous, that I have no "Order crystals" option.

Even in large lots, I prefer outdoor parties because the guests and hosts stay in one place (which reminds me I should build an outdoor bathroom).
Thank you for compliment on the front landscaping. I obsessed over that game House Flipper with the Garden Flipper DLC, in which we could boost a house's sales price by winning a garden competition (American, Modern, English, and Vegetable, I believe).
The front was easy because it's such a small space. I struggle with landscaping large areas, which is your forte!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2019, 11:14:50 AM »
I think the devs must have adjusted population again in anticipation of RoM. Children and teens were hard to come by for me, too. I didn't have any problems with that in my Immortal Dynasty. I hope we're not back to having so few new Sims generate.

I love your outdoor party set-up. One of the many advantages to living in a desert town is that you can do that nearly year-round. The garden and house are both looking great. I think I need to make more of an effort with Francisco's house.

Awww, the girls making friends with alt-Erwin is so cute!
There are a half dozen teens in Erwin's world who, no doubt, will probably be YA already when the twins are teens.
I wonder if I should have avoided Erwin going to the park with the twins as toddlers? I vaguely recall seeing a few children at that time. Are they already teens?
For the (now-patched) Fill EMpty Houses, how long does my sim need to stay in a neighborhood to attract new households?
The only houses that have refilled are in Erwin's neighborhood. I confess: they are homebodies, lol.

Love your term "alt-Erwin" which shall be replacing Original Erwin. I kinda want my Erwin to give alt-Erwin an Age-Away serum.....

Wow, you are talking about Francisco's house! We need an update on the Lynxes!!!!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2019, 03:04:56 PM »
I just typed a long reply and caused it to disappear!  So I'll pm you with some of what I said so as to not give hints for the next challenge.    I agree with all the others said except no one mentioned how adorable those girls are.  Cuteness personified!  Loving your story.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline mousef

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2019, 06:53:41 PM »
Finally my brain is somewhat functional and I can comment. Where do I start? You're progressing so fast!

I love the house, and will steal the fabulous stone-rugs-as-stepping-stones idea. I'm thinking sizing some down and maybe using different swatches might have an interesting effect.
I was not aware that bee pollination stacks up, so thank you for pointing it out. I'm just not sure if more bee houses are worth the annoyance of... more bees lol

That was an unusual collection you chose, too bad buying crystals is tied to Get Famous.
I also find that using the Wishing Well sparingly is best. For faster promotions, I like the Celestial Crystal Crown + hematite, but that too is from Get Famous... so is bribing the boss for a promotion when reputation is terrible (my new favorite trick)
In that case scouting is even more important, but I also vote to quit as soon as it's maxed. Even though the girls do look adorable in their uniforms.

How many abductions so far and still no alienboo? Erwin is playing hard to get with Senior Pollination Technician, I see.
Time to catch up with those parties ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2019, 07:06:18 PM »
Haha, I agree that the bee and their boxes are annoying but I have too many planters for a single bee box.

Thanks for your vote on quitting the scouts asap. With maxed Charisma, the Negotiate bonus option also provides a small boost in job performance.
38 days from an heir's conception to their YA birthday--there's more than enough time to max a career, especially for heirs with all their super traits.

It's ironic how miserly my game is being about alienboos when I actually want one....

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
What Pries Glory? A Power of Ten Dynasty (10 Sep update)
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2019, 04:50:01 PM »
1.5: Time for Teens

It's Saturday evening which is, technically, still Week 4.
I might as well throw some parties. First, an incognito party.

And next, a house party.
Since I invite our nanny, Zoe thinks it's okay to ask him to mentor her.

During my kava party, the sun comes up and summer arrives together with Week 5.

As a reward for our hard work, the four of us vacation together to Granite Falls for the first time.

How relaxing to have so little to do!

Mia: What are we doing here, Erwin?
Erwin: It's obvious! You're writing a gardening skill book and I'm reading a book on herbalism.
Mia: No, I mean, it's Monday night. Why are we at the hermit's hut instead of at home?
Erwin: Oh c'mon, Mia. I deserve a break from our watcher and the satellite dish.

I take the girls to Sixam via my upgraded wormhole generator.
For some reason, Mia keeps removing the wild plants. I'm not sure why.

My little girls will become teenagers in several days.

Just another Wednesday night…

Lately, I've been thinking I'd like to do something nice for alt-Erwin.

E: So, I made you an Age-Away Serum which would reset you to a Day 1 Adult.
alt-E: Um, instead of a Day 4 Adult? That's so helpful. *rolls eyes
E: I can always give you another one in two weeks, if you want.

alt-E: I dunno. What about dangerous side-effects?
E: None at all. I already tested this serum on three unsuspecting…uh, three good friends!

After drinking down the serum, alt-E looks so happy.
And me, I wish I could do more to improve alt-E's quality of life.

Erwin: Hello, Parties Incorporated? I'm phoning tonight for another Dinner Paaa….
Mia (glances outside): Girls, we won't be hosting a party tonight after all.

It's Saturday so I'm throwing the twins a party for their teen birthday tonight.
This afternoon, though, we come to the bowling alley for Talk Like a Pirate Day.

Wynn: We're not gonna bowl, mama?
Erwin: No dear, we're mostly just here because it's a teen neighborhood.

The girls want to try one last time to meet other children at Desert Bloom Park.
While we wait and see, I decide to bust open this old mineshaft.

To our delight, four boys show up with four different family names.
Zoe is quite smitten by good-looking Enrique. But he turns out to be evil.

Gulliver Neal has green eyes and he's an Insider.
Too bad he's probably around two weeks younger than Wynn.

Night falls, the twins have aged up, and their birthday party's in full swing
I need to remember to hire an Entertainer for parties!
Zoe's a good sport and volunteers to play a violin for an hour.

That's Wynn, obviously, sitting between two more redheads.
She still looks a lot like me.

Belinda Schneider is the twins' friend from primary school.
She started high school just a couple of days ago.

Wynn asks me for a Slimify Serum so she can give it to Belinda.
Belinda's traits? She's a lazy loner. *scratches chin thoughtfully

By the way, I decided not to finish my 10-party requirement this week.
Hosting the last two parties will be more fun now that the twins are teens.
Oh and shockerino! I didn't get abducted tonight!

- - - - -

Move-out requirements (End of Week 5): 9/10
    1. Career: Scientist 10
    2. Unique skill: Comedy 10/10
    3. Earned 10k satisfaction points: 10,000/10,000 sp
    4. Earned $10,000: $10,000/$10,000
    5. 10 good friends: 10/10, 2/2 non-human
    6. 10 freelance gigs or odd jobs: 10/10
📌7. 10 parties: 8/10
    8. 10 whims for 10 different emotions: 10/10 whims
    9. 10 different community lots for min. 2 hrs each: 10/10
  10. 10-item collection:  10/10

Gen2 heir: Wynn Pries (teen)
Traits: Music Lover, Loves the Outdoors
Main bonus traits: Top-Notch Toddler, Scouting Aptitude

Watcher's Remarks
*Alien abductions: Dagnabbit, where is my alienboo?! This is the first time I've actively tried.
*Spawning children: I'm thinking now that visiting Desert Bloom Park didn't spawn children before because they arrived in the evening. Too bad these four boys only spawned on the day of the twins' teen birthday. The irony!
*When Seasons released last year, my legacy household already had a complete, perfect garden. Once summer started, Erwin made several trips to Sixam before I realized the glow orb and tentacle tree couldn't be harvested because they were out of season. Duh.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: What Pries Glory? A Power of Ten Dynasty (10 Sep update)
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2019, 05:04:59 PM »
I love your parties!  Having more than one in a row would cause me to have a nervous breakdown in rl.  I hate doing parties because I stress so much.  Is it ok if I steal your outdoor parties idea?  Looks so cool!  And your decor for it is awesome.The girls may still look like E. but on them it looks good.  So cute!  As for E, his heart is definitely in the right place.  Glad to see Alt-E will survive awhile longer.  So, how many abductions is it now?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2019, 05:50:45 PM »
This dynasty challenge's party requirement is much easier, since they don't need to earn a gold medal. I just like the free swag.
I prefer outdoor parties; I lock everyone out of the house, unless Mia needs to cook for a party goal.
Household sims stay at the party, helping out. Guests can't get inside the house to take food from the fridge, watch TV, break computers, etc.
In three weeks, Erwin was abducted around 6 times and Mia was abducted twice. I've resigned myself to the fact that Erwin won't be getting pregnant. *sniff, sniff

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2019, 05:51:04 PM »
Ooh, great job on those requirements, Erwin! The girls look great and I'm sure Wynn will be an awesome heir.

About the park, I find it's best to go earlier in the day on the weekends, which I'm sure you've figured out. Desert Bloom does generally spawn more children than Magnolia Blossom for some reason. Sometimes the timing of things in this game is maddening.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2019, 02:28:13 AM »
Ohh the lovely girls are already teens. Time goes so fast in this game.
And seems like you have no trouble hitting the requirements, good job.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2019, 03:17:54 AM »
Ohh the lovely girls are already teens. Time goes so fast in this game.
And seems like you have no trouble hitting the requirements, good job.

@LenaLJ   I'm not used to playing on Normal lifespan, so time doesn't feel like it's passing quickly at all.
The requirements are all very reasonable to achieve within the Normal lifespan.
My founder has thrown 8 gold-medal parties so far. Should I make gold-medal parties a personal restriction? ;)

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2019, 04:04:43 AM »
All Erwin's abductions give me hope, but it seems like pregnancy chances are really small. I'm willing to try fertility massages, herbalism lotions, anything that'll boost the chance. Not just of abductions, but of pregnancy too.

Belinda looks a lot better. Slimify is one of my most used potions. If that's something science has, but magic doesn't, it'll always be cool to do science.

I bet I've never got the Main Event achievement! Congrats. Righto. Sim Goals. I'm still keeping ideas for a P10 on the back burner, bubbling away. Mostly looking for lots I've never used and houses that would fit them. Your outdoor parties and locking the house seems like the way to go. (I'm not into sim parties at all. They're not part of the routine.) I want a variety of houses. Left to myself... they'd all look the same. That's the appealing part of the challenge to me. 
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

anything