Author Topic: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 10 March: COMPLETED!  (Read 25313 times)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 9/1/19
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2019, 09:44:55 AM »
Thans, @LenaLJ  It’s a lot of fun. Of course, I’d love it if you found the time to jump in!
Its in the making ;)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 9/4/19
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2019, 11:55:09 AM »
WEEK 2

Catalina here, telling you about week two in our Dynasty. Our Watcher wasn’t sure at first how to approach these updates, but decided it would be best if my heirs and I tell our own stories.

It was pretty cool when we noticed that the neighborhood strays kept leaving us little gifts. We managed to complete the feather collection without even trying just by collecting the feather piles off the ground near the bush behind the house.

There’s a lot of big news in this update, starting with our wedding. It was totally accidental, but our Watcher made a connection with our names--Catalina and Joaquin--so you’ll be seeing a naming theme for our heirs. I won’t say what it is, but I’m sure some of you will pick up on it right away!

Joaquin basically gave up clubbing when we got married, but since he is a music lover, he spends some time every day either dancing or listening to music.

Not long after we got married, I was thrilled to share some big news with Joaquin.

Very big news!

Isn’t he adorable? We were hoping that the heir would inherit my red hair, but we still could not be happier with our lovely boy. We named him Francisco.

Just like his Daddy, Francisco loves to dance.

He’s very inquisitive about everything and loves learning.

Story time is always fun, too. Joaquin is a great dad. He spends a lot of time with Francisco so I can work on my requirements.

Speaking of requirements, I maxed my designated skill.

I made my second nonhuman good friend, Ukupanipo Hekekia. He's a merman. Our strawman, Patchy, was my first.

We also threw several gold medal parties.

Sometimes I wish Francisco could stay this age forever, but time waits for no Sim and he’ll need to grow up in order for our dynasty to succeed. Until next time!

Here’s a breakdown of my progress so far:

Traits: Loves Outdoors, Family Oriented, Genius
Lot: Sporting Space (Brindleton Bay)
Spouse: Joaquin Le Chien
Children: Francisco Lynx
Move-out requirements:
    1. Career: Gardener (5/10)
2. Unique skill: Gardening (10/10)
3. Earned 10k satisfaction points: 10,000/10,000
4. Earned $10,000: $10,000/$10,000
    5. 10 good friends: 7/10  Nonhuman 2/2
    6. 10 freelance gigs or odd jobs: 9/10
    7. 10 parties: 4/10
  8. 10 whims for 10 different emotions: 10/10
  9. 10 different community lots for min. 2 hrs each: 10/10
    10. 10-item collection:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2019, 12:34:22 PM »
So much happened in Catalina's household during Week 2!
Joaquin's looking good after his makeover--that grey-and-yellow look suits him well (and he matches the living room color, hehe).
And I like those yellow eyeglass frames much better than his tinted aviator sunglasses!
Francisco is so cute! Love his little dancing shot. Does he look like papa?

Your naming scheme: Santa Catalina Island, San Joaquin Valley, San Francisco.  Am I warm?
Catalina is already more than halfway finished with her requirements...dang, watcher!
I foresee your founder with a lot of time on her hands in the not-too-distant future.
Great update!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2019, 12:42:09 PM »
So much happened in Catalina's household during Week 2!
Joaquin's looking good after his makeover--that grey-and-yellow look suits him well (and he matches the living room color, hehe).
And I like those yellow eyeglass frames much better than his tinted aviator sunglasses!
Francisco is so cute! Love his little dancing shot. Does he look like papa?

Your naming scheme: Santa Catalina Island, San Joaquin Valley, San Francisco.  Am I warm?
Catalina is already more than halfway finished with her requirements...dang, watcher!
I foresee your founder with a lot of time on her hands in the not-too-distant future.
Great update!

Yes, Catalina will have some free time. She will be doing some mentoring of the logic skill, since that's a shared skill for this dynasty. I've also started sending her to work instead of working from home. Now that I have an idea of the time it takes to complete everything, I will slow things way down for Generation 2.

It's hard to say who Francisco looks like right now, but I think he favors Joaquin. I knew you'd get the naming theme right away. ;)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2019, 04:23:17 PM »
Mr. Adorable!!  Francisco is one of the cutest nooboos ever.  I knew Joaquin would be a good dad.  He always is.  Wow, you are really moving right along!  You've got it almost done.  Makes me feel like a slacker.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2019, 08:16:03 PM »
A great start, reggikko. :)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2019, 08:35:12 PM »
Thanks @Metropolis Man

This is a great addition to the Dynasty Challenges. I’m really enjoying it.

@Joria

I’ll definitely slow the pace down some in the coming generations. I do want to finish rather quickly, though, so I keep my momentum. It really helped me to finish my Immortal Dynasty by not dragging it out. If I had spent real life weeks on each generation I never would have finished. There’s lots of time to get everything done, though, and you should play ay a pace that works for you and that you enjoy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2019, 11:30:45 AM »
Almost done and only the second week, I’m impressed! Francisco is adorable and Catalina looks fab with that hair. Looking forward to an update, I’m interested to see how quickly Catalina gets promoted. Maxing a career looks like the requirement that will take the longest to me, but then you need something to do while waiting for Francisco to be old enough to move out.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2019, 11:58:26 AM »
I haven't updated this far yet, but Catalina maxed her career at the start of week 5, so she got about 2 promotions per week.  She worked from home every day except one. I find that the Gardener career is one of the fastest for promotions. Since she started at level 1, I'm satisfied with that progress. Future generations will start at level 3, provided they have a A grade in high school, level 4 if you get Connections after they've gotten their 10,000 satisfaction points. With the responsible trait and Scouting Aptitude, they get promoted ridiculously fast. In my recent Immortal Dynasty, heirs maxed their careers before their adult birthdays.

Thanks for reading!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 9/5/19
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2019, 03:03:35 PM »
Catalina here again. This update covers weeks 3 and 4.

While at Magnolia Blossom Park, I noticed this dejected looking fellow. Does he miss Strangerville, I wonder?

We threw some more parties and even got a couple of achievements. It’s so easy to get a Gold Medal with my pristine reputation. Frequently, just completing the main goal is enough. Of course, gold medals aren’t required, but they are fun and have good prizes.

One of those gold medal parties was Joaquin’s adult birthday. I wish we had thought of his using a potion of youth before this. I was able to use one, resetting my age back to the beginning of the YA stage. Francisco will be ready to move out before I would have become an elder, so it wasn’t exactly necessary. Our Watcher just wanted us to hang around longer. Joaquin and I both plan to use a potion of youth right before Francisco moves. We’ll probably have another baby then, too, in order to keep the house occupied for as long as possible.

We also adopted a little girl, Valeria. The initial plan was that she would become a vampire and keep the house occupied forever, but our Watcher isn’t sure she wants to do that, hence the potion of youth plan. We’ll see how things go later on before making a final decision.

Valeria is lazy, but still managed to complete Scouts. Here she is working on the fitness badge.

Francisco also had a birthday.

He chose the Whiz Kid aspiration and may also complete Social Butterfly.

His main objectives for childhood and the teen stage are to get the Responsible trait, complete Scouts, and max both Charisma and Logic for his future career. He won’t start working on his designated, unique skill until he moves out.

Joaquin was working in the Tech Guru career, but he quit in order to build and fully upgrade a rocket. No one in this generation needs it, but it will stay on the lot and can be used by future generations even if our house becomes unoccupied.

That’s all for now! Here are my updated stats, as of the end of Week 4:

Traits: Loves Outdoors, Family Oriented, Genius
Lot: Sporting Space (Brindleton Bay)
Spouse: Joaquin Le Chien
Children: Francisco Lynx (heir), Valeria Lynx
Move-out requirements:
    1. Career: Gardener (9/10)
✔ 2. Unique skill: Gardening (10/10)
✔ 3. Earned 10k satisfaction points: 10,000/10,000
✔ 4. Earned $10,000: $10,000/$10,000
✔ 5. 10 good friends: 10/10  Nonhuman 2/2
✔ 6. 10 freelance gigs or odd jobs: 10/10
    7. 10 parties: 8/10
✔  8. 10 whims for 10 different emotions: 10/10
✔  9. 10 different community lots for min. 2 hrs each: 10/10
    10. 10-item collection:

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2019, 03:43:16 PM »
A two-week update!
What? Erwin's become a homeless sim in your game? Doesn't Curio Shop Vendor count as a career?

Francisco aged up into a handsome boy! Did he inherit that adorable lopsided grip from Joaquin?
You have planned and played out this generation so well thus far!
Erwin is dragging his feet on the party requirement... *shuffle, shuffle
Very cute, Valeria, with your red hair, blue hair ribbon, matching eyeglass frames!
How close are she and Francisco in age? I'm sorry the game considers them siblings...

Thank you for sharing you idea about Potions of Youth for the family members other than Francisco. I will be borrowing that! :)
Only 13 more sim-days until the first Lynx in the Chain moves out!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2019, 03:53:21 PM »
Valeria was adopted a few days before Francisco grew up. Yeah, I think Francisco is going to look like Joaquin. :)

Yes, Erwin's erratic trait has him show up as one of the park's homeless Sims. Usually, it's always been Jacques Villareal, but I've seen Erwin pop up more frequently lately.

I am so ready for the move! All those sick homeless pets are really starting to wear on me.  :-\

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2019, 02:03:06 AM »
Amazing.  Ok, question, keeping the house occupied?  Don't you have to move with the heir and can you have enough kids just before heir moves out, with possibly spouses for them so the house stays occupied?  You can't just go back and play that one right?  Have to move forward with each heir?  I'm wondering about leaving career rewards behind, do they stay and still work like if an heir comes to visit?
   Francisco is a really handsome boy!  Sounds like he has all his ducks in a row and will be a fabulous heir.  Too bad about adopting kids counting as syblings as far as marriage is concerned.  Guess it makes sense otherwise big scandal.
   So cool seeing Erwin pop up everywhere!  Not so cool about the evil husband/wife team.  Can't remember their names.  They cropped up in my play.
    Wow you have done so well!  Cash and points and all the other achievements.  Good on you!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2019, 08:30:30 AM »
@Joria Yes, you have to move with the heir and leave the other family members behind. Since aging is on for everyone, those Sims will age and die. Even is Catalina has a baby right before Francisco moves, they won’t be there past the second generation. At that point, the house would become unoccupied.

Even if the house isn’t occupied, Sims can visit and use any items that are outside. They can’t enter the house itself if no one lives there.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2019, 10:58:31 AM »
Teaser:

teaser.jpg

anything