Author Topic: Sims 4 - CC not showing up  (Read 11797 times)

Offline llamazing

• Nooboo
Sims 4 - CC not showing up
« on: September 02, 2019, 11:11:07 AM »
I guess this is a two-for-one post!  ;D

My first question is about CC not showing up. Most other CC has been working just fine. The issue has been happening to CAS items: one hairstyle and some clothes. The hairstyle is this conversion and the clothes are the jacket and the lunar shirt from this fanmade pack.

Any ideas why it's not showing up? Other files in the same folder are working and I know I haven't used too many subfolders for the game to find it.

Thank you!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: CC not showing up
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 02:46:58 PM »
You didn't mention what you've tried, so please bear with repeated suggestions.

Have you cleared your cache files and deleted the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder in Documents to help with troubleshooting.

Delete Game Cache Files (What and How-To)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29288.msg401662#msg401662

If yes, you may need to go through your mods folder again to see what still maybe interfering with the game. As the newest game patch caused a lot of mods and cc to become outdated.

How to Fix Problems with Mods/CC
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25031.msg426156#msg426156

Or...

How To Find Problem Mods and CC
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS4_Finding_Problem_Custom_Content
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline llamazing

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 03:22:13 PM »
Thank you! I have tried those things, unfortunately.  :-\

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 03:58:15 PM »
I too am having this issues with some CC. I too have tried those suggestions.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 05:19:49 PM »
If you've tried the 50/50 method -

1. Move all the mods and cc files out into a temporary folder on the desktop. (For Safe Keeping)

2. Move a few files back at a time. Load the game to make sure it loads and everything is good. - This may need to be done one file at a time, if doing a few at a time isn't working.

3. Delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder in Documents to help remove any traces of the mods or cc that were installed.

4. Repeat steps 1 - 3 till there is no more files to check.

** While your testing, don't save the game. If you find any problems, delete the mod or custom content file.

If that doesn't help, search on the CC that you're having issues with to see if anyone else is having problems with it. If there are, try any tips they may have for solving the issue. Also check the Creator's site for any troubleshooting tips.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline llamazing

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 05:31:12 PM »
MrsFlynn, are you replying to me or scoed? Because like I said, I've already cleared my game's cache and I know which CC is the issue (I don't have much CC at the moment, so besides the fact that it was obvious, I tried removing the files and adding them back in in pairs). I even redownloaded the broken CC, just in case.

It sounds like you think I'm getting in-game issues with CC, I'm not. The issue is that the CC won't show up at all. It doesn't even show up in the list of mods and CC at the start. I'm really at a loss. I don't think it's a creator issue either because it's happening with stuff from more than one creator. There's no reason for these to be outdated, either, since they're pretty simple CAS things. It's a hairstyle and some clothing. I should also add that I have all the necessary packs/meshes/etc. if applicable.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2019, 06:12:42 PM »
I was sharing the tip with both of you and who ever else has issues with their custom content.

Troubleshooting CC is very tricky.

An idea just came to mind, have you tried refreshing your Sims 4 folder?

Move your Sims 4 folder from Documents to the desktop, launch the game so it creates a new folder. Exit the game and Origin. Copy in any mods/cc you have into the new Mods folder.

Trying to test if a new Sims 4 folder might help the issue.

Try a new-test save to see if the CC shows up. If it does, copy back these files:

Options.ini File -- The graphic/sounds/gameplay options
Saves -- Saved game files - leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave. It is not used anymore.
Tray -- Sims, Houses, Rooms and Community lots
Screenshots -- Photos you've taken with the C key in-game.
Recorded Videos -- Video clips you've taken with the V key in-game.

I don't know what else to try, when CC doesn't work for me I check the creator's website to see if there are any troubleshooting tips and if not I just delete it and try to look for an alternative.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2019, 08:41:38 PM »
I figured out what was wrong to different cc files, in different folders by different modders, same name. Neither showed up. Remove one problem solved. Shame liked them both.

Offline llamazing

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2019, 02:17:21 PM »
I figured it out too and totally by accident. It turns out at least some of the missing CC was shoing under accessories, and then only under specific categories.  :o Thanks, both of you, for trying to help me anyway!

anything