Author Topic: Making Money in 2020: 20 Days, 20 Ways  (Read 20398 times)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: Making Money in 2020: 20 Days, 20 Ways
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2020, 04:51:30 PM »
I'd read that photography didn't make much money in Sims 4 but it seems to make a lot of money from scores posted,

The reason photography is so profitable is that the sim clock stops while your sim is talking pictures. You can pause, queue 7 "Take photo" actions, take 5 photos on each action, and get all 35 photos in 4-5 sim minutes. You can make several thousand dollars per hour. I don't have Moschino Stuff, so I don't know if there's anything in there that makes it even better.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2020, 04:55:22 PM »
I just used the phone camera and made about 80k in the time spent.  And I got tired so she didn't even squeeze all the pictures out that she could have.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2020, 05:01:49 PM »
I just used the phone camera and made about 80k in the time spent.  And I got tired so she didn't even squeeze all the pictures out that she could have.
Yes, it's very tedious, but very profitable. Paired with Fabulously Wealthy, it's a decent way to accumulate Satisfaction Points with little clock time.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2020, 05:33:59 PM »
yeah, I'm currently discovering how useful it (photography) is :)

Offline thefaeriesgirl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2020, 05:58:20 PM »
So, as a few others did I assumed that I could not use the skill at all until I was ready to sell products made from it. I spent a good deal of time reading skill books. The few days I was actually using said skills did not pay off very well. I'm not sure if it was just straight ignorance on my part or some really bad luck. It took several days to get reasonably high with skill books and I could have vastly improved that by placing the correct objects for moods I think but I wasn't really sure if things like lamps were still banned so I didn't do so. I relied on showers, a computer and soaks.

I did fishing first when I got to level 8 with books and fished up 75% trash that my sim threw back.
I tried archaeology which took me 3 days to get 3 machetes and I promptly lost all of them in the first 3 brush clears. I didn't do much more than break even on this one.
The cupcake factory was the only thing that worked properly for me. I got as far as 8 in skill books then just started making the level 7 item so it would be excellent quality.
After that I failed spectacularly with woodworking.

There was so much I could have done better but if you wanted to know how to NOT do this challenge, there you go.
It was still really fun though.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2020, 09:53:01 PM »
I just logged in and read everything that happened  :o *Looks at leaderboard* I don't feel good about this ... :(  It's a shame what happened to @Isabelalabe and @Nikitachi, you guys have my condolences and I consider both of you to be the real winners of this despite what happened.

I asked a lot of questions about gardening and was still left feeling a little unsure about it so I didn't do it in the end, I also didn't want to spend time the other 19 days replanting, harvesting and weeding as I felt that would take away too much time from whatever activity I was doing that day.

I too, used the Cupcake machine, it's how I made so much money from baking and it stopped my Club members from trying to cook. (Which they did when I tried this with an oven in my practice run). @Deklitch To make money from baking you need to sell your goods on the Vendor Table or a Retail Store, I used the former myself. I didn't use Photography because when I tried to set up a studio during practice it was glitchy so I crossed it of the list.

Let's put all this behind us and chalk it up to lessons learnt, I think this has been a learning experience for all of us the Challenge Team included.

Offline Whimsical Peanut

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2020, 04:10:34 AM »
Wow so many ways of making money I didn't think about!

My biggest money makers were pickpocketing - 30k but only added the club activity when I wanted to do it and then removed it
I got connections trait, got scientist, buit the sim ray and the second day I bought lockers, transformed them & sold what I got - I think I got ~ 200k like this, maybe more
I did painting for ~ 50k & taking pictures ~ 30-40k  as another big money maker and then asking for big & small loans that got me 90k

I also hit the flea market one day. Haggled, bought the items and then sold all from household inventory when I got home and I wished for money on the wishing well. ::)

Cheers,
WP

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything