Author Topic: Discover University Confirmed!! Information thread.  (Read 13834 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Discover University Confirmed!! Information thread.
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2019, 05:53:14 PM »
@HelenP If you decide to read up I am keeping the first post in this thread up to date with most complete listing of links to official information I have seen (If I find a more complete list I will pirate the missing links and add it to my link list thus making it the most complete list I know of.) I am trying to make doing ones homework easy. I love new pack season and so I love doing it. I would be hunting down every scrap of info I can anyway, so why not link to my findings?

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2019, 08:34:13 PM »
Are you excited for the new robot buildable sims even with the limited information we have now?

Depends on how they end up looking <G> If they come out looking like C3PO, R2D2 or that robot that is two balls stuck together from Star Wars/iRobot/Marvin from Hitch Hikers/Bender from Futurama/Pralic & Cravic Automatic Personnel Units from Star Trek Voyager style, not really. If they come out as Data, Lal, Lore, B4 etc from TNG/Kryten from Red Dwarf yes I would be.

What are you most excited for that you heard of from official source (or Carl's we site)?
Dragon Mascot and attending university.

Are you going to Britechester, or Foxbury first?
The one with the dragon mascot.

Are you planing to buy this expansion at or before release, later when on sale, or plan on not buying? Is it a wait and see thing?
I will probably be getting it as a reward to myself for the words I write during the month of November for NaNo.

Is anyone else super excited for bathroom stalls?
It's about time they were brought into Sims 4. No longer do I have to make my own stalls so that sims can go to toilet next to each other.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2019, 03:28:30 PM »

Is anyone else super excited for bathroom stalls?

Sorta, I wanted them, but it wasn't high on my list of wants. I am glad to see them but I rather have fleas added. I doubt I will ever get them.

Anyway today's update is up. Not much there just a link to a tweet linking to the full trailer song. Most ironic song choice given everyone seen it coming. They did the theme is Sims 2 and 3. Five different leaks that it was coming. It was in a survey about a year ago. And small hints in the game it was coming as well. I would be surprised if anyone that knows anything about the game didn't see it coming. Still I kinda like the song.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2019, 03:56:16 PM »
I think they chose the song to be cheeky/funny, to be honest lol I know I was giggling a lot at it.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2019, 05:22:48 PM »
Anyway today's update is up. Not much there just a link to a tweet linking to the full trailer song. Most ironic song choice given everyone seen it coming. They did the theme is Sims 2 and 3. Five different leaks that it was coming. It was in a survey about a year ago. And small hints in the game it was coming as well. I would be surprised if anyone that knows anything about the game didn't see it coming. Still I kinda like the song.

I didn't know about the leaks and didn't see it coming, didn't know about the survey either. Guess I'm the exception that proves the rule, or I don't know anything about the game. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2019, 05:37:51 PM »

Are you excited for the new robot buildable sims even with the limited information we have now?

Yes. It looks like there's a big range of what you can build. I'm hoping we get a robotics skill.

What are you most excited for that you heard of from official source (or Carl's web site)?

The art club and the robotics club, because I'm pretty sure those will be interactive. I'm not sure I want classes to be active -- going to lectures was never very exciting. I don't know how they'll handle classes yet, whether they'll be rabbitholes or active. Active labs and rabbithole lectures would work for me.

Are you going to Britechester, or Foxbury first?

Both. I'll have 10 3rd generation heirs going to college; I just don't know who will age up first and what their interests will be -- the ones that have been born are still toddlers.

Are you planing to buy this expansion at or before release, later when on sale, or plan on not buying? Is it a wait and see thing?

At release or preordered.

Is anyone else super excited for bathroom stalls?! It's such a weird thing to be excited for lol, but I am XD

They'll be nice for community lots, but I wouldn't say super excited.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2019, 06:16:34 PM »
@Deklitch Well at least they surprised someone. I wish all the spoilers didn't spoil my surprise. It is like having everyone tell you what your getting. Spoils all the fun of the big reveal. You still enjoy the gifts, but it is not the same.

Anyway, adding another tweet. I don't get it but given the number of gurus retweeting it, it must be a teaser of some sort. Anyway in a few minutes I will add the tweet.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2019, 10:37:49 PM »
That tweet makes me think back to a song by the B52s - Rock Lobster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szhJzX0UgDM

#SorryNotSorry :D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2019, 03:45:46 PM »
Anyway, adding another tweet. I don't get it but given the number of gurus retweeting it, it must be a teaser of some sort. Anyway in a few minutes I will add the tweet.

Is the image referring to shower woohoo? Or is that no longer a surprise, either?

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2019, 12:32:34 PM »
@oshizu The image is a reference to a very funny scene in the trailer where two sims disappear to shower woohoo just as a sim wearing the mascot head and a towel walk by in the background looking over with that grin. The internet exploded with excitement. So now they wanted to make a meme out of the lobster headed, towel sim. So yes it is.

Update is up, not much there except info I do not need to link to the 24 hour livestream.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2019, 02:08:17 AM »
Not looked at much about University other than the trailer that was first posted to the Sims social pages, but I am excited, I will certainly pre-order the pack because I am seriously excited for University... Like when I saw the trailer I was glad I was at home because I started jumping up and down getting super excited about it.

I truly want it all, and I think if I watch more I may find more to love about it than I already do (is that even possible). Guess I had better hurry up and get my legacy back in order in prep for University to come out.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2019, 02:33:43 PM »
Sorry about the slow spoiler season. They are being more tight lipped than normal. We know nothing of the new life state except you build it with the Robotics skill with difficulty and you can't build it is CAS. We know little about The robotics skill other than it exists, there is more than one kind of robot to be built, and one of them can be added to the family. We know you can ride bikes on and off campus. (today's up date). We know there is two collages, dorms and a hand full of majors. Ping pong, and juice pong is a thing. A few new careers are coming. We don't know as much as normal. I want details. I guess we will get more sooner or later. But the build up is one of my favorite things about new pack season and this one is lacking in details. I am worried this may be an extra shallow pack as they are being extra conservative of the spoilers. I fear another Island Living type expansion where everything is one world centered and shallow. I am hopping I am wrong but where is the content? EA please prove me wrong!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2019, 03:29:12 PM »
@scoed maybe the gurus are too busy preparing for halloween and nanowrimo? Maybe they want to surprise us all. :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2019, 03:55:47 PM »
We haven't had it officially confirmed that the robots that are coming with Discover University are a new Life State. The fact they can't be made in CAS is maybe a hint that they are not. So until we know for sure, please don't get your expectations too high on that account.

I'm very cautious about this pack. The lack of content with the last few packs has me very wary but we'll know soon enough.

University is one of my must-have packs in The Sims but then again so was Supernaturals and I was highly disappointed with Realm of Magic. If made well, this pack has the potential to add a lot of fun and game play to The Sims 4. My fingers are crossed.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2019, 04:26:50 PM »
@Deklitch That is my hope. They are holding back to wow us at the tree hour long livestream. These tweets do support that.

https://twitter.com/SimGuruGeorge/status/1187476175561510912

https://twitter.com/SimGuruFrost/status/1187512028656623616

I am hoping this is so as the feature list so far is like that of a game pack not a full expansion. See Island living as an expansion utterly lacking depth, and well content as a whole. I felt a little cheated with that one and I hope this is not another depthless expansion that should have been a game pack given how it utterly lacks gameplay outside its home world and had a small feature list to start. At least shower woohoo, the pong games, robotics and bikes will be useful everywhere. At least I hope so.

@Playalot It has been confirmed that at least one robot CAN be added to the family.

https://twitter.com/SimGuruFrost/status/1186673347016318976

We don't know if it will be playable like a normal sim, or like a cat or dog, unplayable. But it will be a family member thus at least a lifestate of sorts. True it cannot be added in CAS, only built with difficulty, it takes a slot so in my mind it counts. Still we utterly lack any context or details on well anything other than bikes so...

I too an very cautious of this pack. Even if full playable the robot could be as shallow as merfolk. We have zero details on any form os gameplay, and the feature list is as short as Island Living the over priced game pack.

I disagree on Realm of Magic. The pack had a decent feature list for a game pack, one nearly as long as Island Living the last expansion. The issue there wasn't lack of features, but a lack of difficulty and challenge. With a few small teaks the pack could have rivaled Vampires, but with no major drawbacks, and those that do exist are easily removed or are hard to achieve (like Death) casters broke gameplay and was far to easy. It had a solid feature list just poor execution in my mind. Island Living is the pack  that was really lacking. And this is looking much like it. Gampacks are meant to be hyper focused small addition of game play focused on the contents of said pack. More depth than a stuff pack as it contains new gameplay, but far less than an expansion.

Anyway sorry about the off topic rant. I agree I am worried about this expansion. The feature list thus far is scary short, we have no information showing the features have any depth or challange, and we have no information on any out of the pack impact on game play. Well other than you can go bike riding. So far that is what they talked most about, bikes. they are cool and all but a few times around the neighborhood and they become jogging 2.0.

anything