Author Topic: Law or Attorney Path.. A few things to note.  (Read 8689 times)

Offline Franki

• Occult
Law or Attorney Path.. A few things to note.
« on: November 22, 2019, 04:43:03 AM »
So my Sim did the Language and Literature degree from Britchester University, very confusing class schedule with some classes overlapping in times... so I can only guess that's a bug, cause if it's designed on purpose it seems an odd choice.

The specifics: 

Sim Name: Jenny Straud
Sim Type: Human/Witch
Degree: Language and Literature
Schedule: 4 classes a term for 3 terms
Housing: Student Housing on the Britchester side for the first 3 terms, and private housing for the final term.
Scholarship: No

Result:
B- Degree and a few unexpected bonuses in the family inventory.

If you decide to do the degree and go into Law once you graduate, make sure you don't throw away the computer they give you, as you need it for the career path and cannot buy it in the shop, The degree gets you a level 4/5 depending on your final GPA. *edit* The computer for Jenny was a pre-job starting task where you had to look up something on the archives, unfortunately outside of university nowhere else has the archive machine and after graduating couldn't travel back to one of the university lots to use one due to no longer being a student there.

Also, good advice is to save after you graduate, and once you move out as well... cause I had to restart my game after accidentally killing my sim upon her return from university (oops!!)

No matter the degree you choose if you go into the relevant career path, don't accidentally delete the items. Will update this as the career progresses since there currently is no guide for that career path.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
Re: Law or Attorney Path.. A few things to note.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 11:12:26 AM »
I've had a sim do the exact same degree, no overlapping class times though.

I'm looking forward to a guide for the career to see what my sims is earning with her degree compared to the base rate.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bluesoup

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 10:46:14 PM »
I did the Honors History degree to get into the judge career. She started at Level 8!  At that level, she's making $169/hr. It's every weekday.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 01:31:19 AM »
Level 5 of Law

Barrister.jpg

Clothes
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 02:20:42 PM »
I had to restart my game after accidentally killing my sim upon her return from university (oops!!)

You killed your Sim? How? (checked the pic) Oops, she's a vampire who you let roam outside and she burned to death. *sigh* Simmers.  ;D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 06:42:47 PM »
I was wondering why Franki and Heart Foam were choosing vampire sims to attend university.
Must be because the degree program takes sooooooo long but vampires don't age.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 07:00:31 PM »
Degrees do take quite the time to complete. I've played a few now through a 3 semester course and it can be tough if you don't edit the dorms.

Good news though, if you take your now degree-ed sim back to uni they will only need 8 courses so a 2 week degree instead of 3! Yay for small mercies!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 07:17:37 PM »
@Playalot
I don't have Discover Uni yet, so I don't understand why it would be rough without editing the dorms.
Are you referring to your time-saving additions to your sims' dorm like a cafeteria and study spot? (I think I read that in your First Impressions post.)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2019, 07:26:48 PM »
Oh sorry @oshizu  The dorms are quite basic so you don't have baths for the old soak+incense trick, low energy beds and no way to cook an excellent gourmet meal and so on. From that perspective loading your sim up with the stack of positive moodlets that I do in 'normal' game play is a bit tricky. Obviously if your sim is a Dance Machine then they can just disco nap and the low energy issue isn't a consideration and eating harvestables will help with positive moodlets but in many ways the game has inflated grind so that it appears more difficult than it really is. Not having a clear weekly timetable can lead to missing a class very easily and then the behind the scenes tally takes quite a dive and so begins the slog for that perfect A+ GPA.

Sort of taken the thread off tack (as per normal! Sorry!) but PM me if you want more details as I feel bad rambling on  :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2019, 07:56:48 PM »
@Playalot
Thank you for sharing your insights. I will be PM'ing about the pack, maybe tomorrow.
First, I'd like to reread your first impressions post so you won't need to repeat yourself.
Actually, I should take a break from my dynasty next month to play around with RoM and DU.
Then, I can send you a PM filled with questions. :D

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2019, 08:11:22 PM »
Dorm living is horrid if you don't pre-edit, use cheats and/or mod them, that is unless your sim is a vampire or caster. Beds are not ideal so positive buffs aren't coming from them, in fact I got a few uncomfortable moodlets  from them. Unless your sim came with enough money for a microwave and fridge you have to rely on scrounging for food or endure countless loading screens to eat. And worse if you can't afford a laptop yet more loading screens to write/edit papers and to study as forms don't come equipped with anyway to do those things. Playing a poor starving student living in a dorm is quite a challenge. I love it. Most basic buffs aren't available. Meeting needs can be a challenge. And finding time to study, raise money, do homework, write papers, and prep presentations in a dorm is challenging and I love it.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2019, 08:15:01 PM »
@oshizu why don't you just start a thread for questions as if you are wondering about things, I am sure others are as well. Beside it will give you more feedback from a greater knowledge pool. Just a thought.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2019, 08:39:14 PM »
Just a reminder, and I'm sorry for taking it off topic first...but this thread is for thoughts and ideas around the Law or Attorney Career.

Offline eaglezero

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2019, 04:36:57 PM »
Dorm living is horrid if you don't pre-edit, use cheats and/or mod them, that is unless your sim is a vampire or caster. Beds are not ideal so positive buffs aren't coming from them, in fact I got a few uncomfortable moodlets  from them. Unless your sim came with enough money for a microwave and fridge you have to rely on scrounging for food or endure countless loading screens to eat. And worse if you can't afford a laptop yet more loading screens to write/edit papers and to study as forms don't come equipped with anyway to do those things. Playing a poor starving student living in a dorm is quite a challenge. I love it. Most basic buffs aren't available. Meeting needs can be a challenge. And finding time to study, raise money, do homework, write papers, and prep presentations in a dorm is challenging and I love it.

I edited the dorms to add fridge + good microwave, and then better beds and laptops to every room... then have my sim steal the laptop before graduating, lol.

My sim who went into the law career had a Language & Literature degree from Britechester and started I think at level 8. Really quickly maxed it. I didn't have any weird problems - what did you need the computer for? Mine was in the private practice branch. Now that she's an elder she's overmaxed the top level +8.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2019, 08:55:45 PM »
@Franki

Could you clarify? Your lovely Straud descendant graduated from uni with a B average then joined the Law career at Level 5?
I guess, for me, the most important question would be: Did you and your sim enjoy the uni experience?
(And does she get to wear cool career outfits?)

anything