Author Topic: Bienvenue Redux (A Build A City Challenge): With Six You Get Eggroll 11 July  (Read 5865 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Bienvenue Redux: Six Toddlers, Two Romances, and a Wedding--21 June
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2020, 04:50:55 PM »
So many adorable toddlers! I don't remember Jean Barnes at all, but then Movie Hangout Stuff came out a long time ago. He looks like good spouse material.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2020, 11:40:50 AM »
I love that you're using Maxis made sims but not the townies we're familiar with.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2020, 10:39:11 AM »
Well, congrats on a lovely restart!  Valerie and Dela are just adorable!!
Speaking of adorable, that shot of Duncan is just precious!!!
Great start (and subsequent updates) and looking forward to more!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2020, 11:21:11 PM »
@MarianT  @Vesper @PeregrineTook

Thank you all for reading and commenting. I think I nearly burned myself out on toddlers recently. You’ll see some of the chaos in the next couple of updates. I probably need to stagger births a bit more. I love the toddlers, but I also love playing single, child free Sims.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: Bienvenue Redux: With 6 You Get Eggroll Updated 11 July
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2020, 03:38:37 PM »
Welcome back to another little update. This time, we're visiting with the Ramos family. But first, something new happened while I was playing another household.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

You know I said yes!

Needless to say, the Ramos household got a bit busy.

Fortunately, Diego and Enrique aged up, so I wasn't dealing with four toddlers!

And now, the twins!

Gloria continued working in the Culinary career while Juan took care of the kids. When Gloria could take over toddler duty, Juan spent some time at the new Bedrock Market selling some of his woodworking sculptures.

Here's a shot of the market (built by me):

My Sims apparently enjoy taking advantage of the fact that the lot has two dumpsters.

First, Sylvia and Remy.

Then Rosa and Jean. Jean, c'mon, you're supposed to be neat!

While I was still playing a different household, I got that call again.

Of course, I said yes again! I am trying to be less controlling and cautious in my game so I say yes to all sorts of things in this save.

This is the adorable result.

The three toddlers love talking to each other and they frequently simultaneously hug.

I don't know what they were plotting here, but Marisol was totally on board in a big way.

Thanks so much for reading!

Achievements:
Juan completed the Freelance Botanist Aspiration, unlocking Sulani.
Gloria is at level 6 (?) of the Chef Branch of the Culinary Career.
Gloria maxed Baking, the third skill needed to unlock restaurants.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Whoa, wait...Sims are calling you and asking if they should have babies?  Is this part of the Eco expansion pack?  How cool!
Love those ridiculous dumpster woohoo shots, by the way.  So crazy!
That market place is really nice looking!!  Great job.  Has a fantastic Bazaar sort of feel.  I half expected Indiana Jones to comes rushing through trying to save Marian  :=)
The nervously apprehensive expression you caught on Antonio's adorable little face was just fabulous!!
Excellent update and it looks like you're making some great progress in your reboot of Bienvenue.  Keep up the good work!!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
I'm so envious that you're getting those phone calls, and what adorable outcomes! The market looks great. Congrats!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
@MarianT  I don’t know if it matters, but Juan and Gloria both had Family Aspirations at the time. I’ve only gotten calls from them, but I was shocked when it happened a second time.

@PeregrineTook Yes, there are some new and interesting phone call opportunities that came with the new pack. I think the baby call is maybe a way for the devs to add a little bit of story progression into the game. Maybe we’ll see more of that in the future.

I know this pack has been criticized, but I love it. It’s added quite a lot to my game play. There are lots of cool new features related to living off the grid, plus a lot more. The integration of the bug boxes with plumbing and appliance upgrades is great and well thought out. It feels like a lot of thought went into the pack as far as having objects meaningfully relate to other things. I love the recycling feature. My only real complaint is that the Fabricator fails and breaks too often and there’s no option to upgrade it.

Thanks for the kind words, as always. :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Thank you for clearing up that "Shall we try for baby"? phone call! I saw that in a Youtube video this morning but wasn't sure if it was mod-related or not.
And about the dumpsters, are we now able to toggle Autonomous Woohoo or were you actually playing the Sylvia/Remy and Rosa/Jean households?

Your new Marketplace has the perfect look for Bedrock Straits! In your screenshot, I spot walls on its left side. Gasp, did you fit that into a 20x15 lot?
Diego and Enrique are so good-lucking and all the toddlers are adorable, too!
Got a little confused about Marisol until I realized that the second Marisol is the same Marisol Ramos from earlier in the update, lol.

Like you, I'm also a big fan of the Eco Lifestyle pack. I haven't felt like simming for the past month, but seeing your screenshot motivates me to revisit my BACC.
Haha, I'm imagining you playing household after household of toddlers in Bienvenue these days. :)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
@oshizu The dumpster woohoo was completely autonomous while I was playing another household. My marketplace lot is built on Pebble Burrow, so it’s a 30X20.

Yes, a lot of my families had toddlers at the same time. Right now, I have 5–the three Ramos toddlers and two others. Fortunately, I also have a couple of single Sims and several couples that don’t have children.

I’ve been thinking about features that I’ve never really given the old college try, so my goal is now to branch out and play some features that I don’t generally bother with. I need to have variation in what I’m doing in the different households to keep it interesting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Is autonomous woohoo a new game feature (not the MCCC setting)?  If it's now a game feature, I wonder what its parameters are? Sims in marriages or pre-existing romantic relationships?

anything