Author Topic: Sunset Valley 2020  (Read 152348 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Sunset Valley 2020
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2020, 07:20:55 AM »
I'm merging this with the main SS2020 thread because Jaga probably has a better answer than any of us. Good luck!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2020, 10:42:19 AM »
If you haven't yet, you can try installing the fixed Sunset Valley.world file. This has been reported helpful by some players as part of troubleshooting. If it doesn't help, please see that we've added a copy of the original world file. Found with the link below.

EllaCharmed’s Fixed World file (required, 69 MB)
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=31158.0#post_Downloads

Install Instructions:
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=31158.0#post_Instructions

If the above doesn't help, try looking over the Install Troubleshooting post.
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=31158.msg509996#msg509996

If it's still crashing, you may want to look over some more troubleshooting tips in the post linked below:

Tips for General Crashing Issues
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg425173#msg425173

----

The crashing most likely isn't due to the stray and wild animals running around.  However, if you'd like to be sure you can turn some of the animals (Pets and Horses) off via the Population Control Settings. - Advanced Demographics Options (9th tab - Silhouette of Two Sims)

You can check Flynn's post on - Sims 3 Options Overview for more details on that.
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27533.msg455148#msg455148

hello guys:

i thought i ought to tell you that while i love playing in this new world, it keeps crashing to the desktop. it's happened at least 3 times today and i don't get a chance to  save as before it happens. is it my fault? or maybe because there are animals running around in the town. deers and horses? is there something i can do to prevent it happening again? thanks!
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2020, 11:22:21 PM »
hi again!

so i love the new sunset valley 2020 but i can't seem to find a hospital in the world. i know i can place one from another world but i just wanted to let you know unless i am just overlooking it. i looked through edit town and i don't see one. just an observation  :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2020, 12:44:54 AM »
The hospital should be there. Hogan’s Deep-Fried Diner was removed, it was replaced with Brunton's Boxcar Diner located behind the Supermarket in Mirabello Plaza.

- Click image to see larger view.

See image below, it shows where the hospital is located.

Brunton's Boxcar Diner
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2020, 01:09:16 PM »
ok. thanks!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2020, 04:00:40 PM »
Added some photos to the official gallery.

Houses ~
- Specifically the Cozy-Vanilla, Kizzy, Myrtle, Stylz and Terra Cot

Added more community lots ~
- Specifically Smuggler's Lair, Recurve Strand Beach Bar, and Sunnyside Strand

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2020, 01:42:07 PM »
 hello! this post is for the creators of the sunset valley 2020 world.  i just want to know when i do an uninstall/reinstall of sims 3, where is the best place for me to save sunset valley 2020 world so i don't lose it when i do the unstall?

thank you!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2020, 04:54:13 PM »
When I've done a full uninstall/reinstall of Sims 3, I backup my whole Sims 3 user folder onto my desktop, usb key or external hard drive. You can do the same with Ella's fixed world file - download it and save it to the desktop, usb key or external hard drive.

If you want to break it down even further, by folders/files you can check the post below:

How To: Saving folders/files
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=16414.msg313134#msg313134

hello! this post is for the creators of the sunset valley 2020 world.  i just want to know when i do an uninstall/reinstall of sims 3, where is the best place for me to save sunset valley 2020 world so i don't lose it when i do the install?

thank you!

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2020, 03:58:10 PM »
Thanks Mrs. Flynn

I have been looking for days where my reply was so if i have more questions about sunset valley 2020 where do i place it?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2020, 04:29:49 PM »
If it's specific to SV2020 (like technical issues with the files) you can ask your questions here in the SV2020 thread.

Any gameplay specific questions (like how to play this or that family) may be moved to Sims 3 Gameplay Help, as they don't have anything specific to do with SV2020.

Thanks Mrs. Flynn

I have been looking for days where my reply was so if i have more questions about sunset valley 2020 where do i place it?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sunset Valley 2020 - FAQ section has been updated
« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2020, 12:04:38 PM »
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=31158.0#post_FAQ

I wanted to mention a question that was asked, that I thought is important to highlight.

Q: The seasonal festivals aren't being held at Central Park? Was the lot moved?

A: Yes the lot was moved to Summer Hills Springs - 25 Summer Hill Court. Next Door to the Altos.

Festival Lot ~ Summer Hill Springs (Click image to see larger view)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sunset Valley 2020 - Performing in Central Park Issue and Fix
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2020, 11:16:04 PM »
Thank you to the member and player who brought this to my attention!! :)

Performing in Central Park Issue and Fix -

The watch the show interaction cancels itself out, due to it needing 3 or 4 audience markers. This can be fixed by placing them via buydebug. You are looking for objects called Show Floor Benches or Tables. After it's fixed, save a copy of the lot to the library.

- From Edit Town click on the lot - Build/Buy mode.

- Press Shift-Ctrl-C all together, and type in Testingcheatsenabled on.

- Press Shift-Ctrl-C again and type in buydebug on.

- Buy mode > Sort by Function > Buydebug > Misc Objects - Filter content by Showtime.

- Look for objects Show Floor for Benches or Tables.

Click image to see larger view.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Sunset Valley 2020 - Crashing My Game
« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2020, 03:25:07 AM »
I have read that some players are having issues with SV2020 saves are crashing their games. I am really sorry about that!! It happened to me as well, when I first tried the saves.

How I fixed it is I made sure I had Ella's fixed Sunset Valley.World file downloaded. Deleted my game cache files and then installed the world file.

We've mentioned it's required because SV2020 was built on Ella's fixed world file and works best with it installed.

You can download EllaCharmed’s Fixed World file - here

– How-to save the file:

Download the zipped file (Sunset_Valley-WorldFile.zip) from SimFileShare.  Click on the file and select Save File. It's suggested to save to desktop for temporary and then later can be deleted or moved to backup drive.

– How-to extract the file:

Extract the file with 7-Zip - https://www.7-zip.org/
Right-click File ➺ 7-zip ➺ Extract to Sunset_Valley-WorldFile
 – This extracts everything into a folder with the name of Sunset_Valley-WorldFile.

– Alternative methods:

Open File Explorer and find the zipped folder.

- To unzip the entire folder, right-click to select Extract All, and then follow the instructions.

- To unzip a single file or folder, double-click the zipped folder to open it. Then, drag or copy the item from the zipped folder to a new location.

See more information here - Zip and unzip files

✽ Before installing the fixed file, rename your original Sunset Valley.world file. I renamed it Sunset Valley.world-Original. That way I still have access to the original file.

- To rename a file, right-click on the file and select Rename.

Install path may be different then the path shown in image.

Click image to see larger view.

Copy and paste the Sunset Valley.world file into where you installed the Sims 3 game. Usually located in:

For the Origin Version:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

For the Disc Version
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

** The install path may be different depending on where you installed Sims 3.

Delete the Game Cache Files. - This is best to do whenever you are installing new fixed world files.

From inside this folder \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, you can delete the game cache to help the game run smoother:

– CasPartCache.package - CAS parts that appear in Create-A-Sim
  – compositorCache.package - New objects that would appear in Buy/Build mode
  – scriptCache.package - Mods or Hacks
  – simCompositorCache.package - New Sims, default skins
  – Sims3LauncherLogFile.log - Uploading/Downloading info in regards to the Exchange
  – Sims3Logs.xml - Log Files about your computer and errors that might occur.
  – socialCache.package - Simport-related and other social data, if you use the wall to integrate with your MyPage on thesims3.com site

If the above hasn't helped, please read the articles linked below for more tips. 

Tips for General Crashing Issues
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg425173#msg425173

The Sims 3 Performance & Bug Fix Guide
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1131162350

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sunset Valley 2020 - Subway Issue
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2020, 03:59:03 PM »
It was reported that a few lots have a double map icon/name tag issue when looking at the map in Map View. We've looked into this and found it may be by design when the object or building is on a lot of it's own. For example, the Vault/Hall of Antiquity lot, and single subway lots.

You can test this by going into any town and place an empty lot. Change lot type to Community > No Visitors Allowed and place the subway station object or Vault of Antiquity building and then look at it via Map View. You'll see two icons 1 subway and 1 bench. Both with the same name.

We also wanted to mention that the single subway lots can be renamed via Edit Town mode. Left-click on the bench icon and Edit Details button, which is the pen/paper icon. After you've renamed the subway, you can mouse over either the subway icon or bench icon to see it's new name.

- Edit Details - Click image to see larger view.

- Renamed Subway Lot - Click image to see larger view.

Offline Jaga Telesin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2020, 05:35:50 AM »
Wanted to chime in and say thanks for taking up support while I was away on a personal hiatus MrsFlynn.

For the community:  the worlds and their development are very much alive.  I'm planning a v2.1 release to fix the Central Park audience issues, and a future v3.0 release with some new things that were previously discussed (and a few things that weren't).  Suggestions, feedback, and so on are very welcome.

SV2020 - Development and Site Updates

--= Jaga