Author Topic: Pancakes Triumphant  (Read 25475 times)

Offline Vesper

• Occult
Re: Pancakes Triumphant
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2020, 04:27:24 AM »
Posted by: furbyqueen« on: February 26, 2020, 01:24:58 PM »5 minutes into my practice run I realized I can't do this challenge lmao XD really hate full households

This ^^ is exactly why I'm avoiding this challenge, I usually only play with one or two Sims at a time, I really can't handle a full household.

I heartily recommend the The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge for you guys - the households may be large but you only play with one Sim most of the time. I love it as big households stress me out too which is why I could never succeed at an Immortal Dynasty.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2020, 08:18:31 AM »
The Power of Ten Dynasty lends itself to small households, as well, which I also prefer: Founder or heir, spouse, and one child is all you ever need.

My strategy for the Immortal Dynasty was once the Sims were elders and had eaten their first ambrosia, I get them a 5-day a week job with longish hours. This was after I didn’t need them for fishing angelfish. I saved the Business career for this purpose. On weekends, I would sometimes take them “on vacation” to Selvadora or Granite Falls and leave them there while switching back to the Dynasty house to play my heir. I got everyone on the same schedule for eating ambrosia so I didn’t have to individually keep track of who was getting close. When they were just at home, I had them tend the garden or just free range. They also did a lot of yoga so they could meditate.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2020, 09:26:41 AM »
On weekends, I would sometimes take them “on vacation” to Selvadora or Granite Falls and leave them there while switching back to the Dynasty house to play my heir.
This is such a great idea because I always end up in large/full households unless the challenge rules limit the number of people.  It just happens.  The idea of "sending them on vacation" is awesome.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2020, 09:57:01 AM »
I kind of like the crazy big households.  So I'm in for this one.

I'm trying a trial run - when the relationship with the townie is high enough to get the "move in to household" option followed by the "split & move" screen, it makes the non-Pancake household the active household.  (I've tried this a couple times).  So, of course, I need to go to Manage Households to go back to playing the Pancakes.

Am I doing something wrong?  Is there a way to move the appropriate kid move out while staying with the family?

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2020, 09:59:22 AM »
I have the same thing when moving a sim from an active household to a new household.  It automatically transfers control to the new household.  Then I have to manage household to get back to the original household.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2020, 10:00:46 AM »
I kind of like the crazy big households.  So I'm in for this one.

I'm trying a trial run - when the relationship with the townie is high enough to get the "move in to household" option followed by the "split & move" screen, it makes the non-Pancake household the active household.  (I've tried this a couple times).  So, of course, I need to go to Manage Households to go back to playing the Pancakes.

Am I doing something wrong?  Is there a way to move the appropriate kid move out while staying with the family?

That's okay -- if you need to use Manage Households to get back to the Pancakes, that's fine. Just don't do anything while you're in that other household.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2020, 10:34:55 AM »
One quick question, and I will test this out this weekend to verify, but the rule is "Money may not be transferred into the Pancakes household when a Pancake offspring moves out." 

I just wanted to verify - we can't transfer money from the townie house back to the Pancakes, but we can transfer from the Pancakes to the sim that is moving out.  This mostly would be necessary when the Pancake is moving into an empty house.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2020, 10:38:42 AM »
One quick question, and I will test this out this weekend to verify, but the rule is "Money may not be transferred into the Pancakes household when a Pancake offspring moves out." 

I just wanted to verify - we can't transfer money from the townie house back to the Pancakes, but we can transfer from the Pancakes to the sim that is moving out.  This mostly would be necessary when the Pancake is moving into an empty house.

Yes, you can't transfer in, but you can send any quantity of money out.
Incidentally, I did make a change in the rules regarding Manage Households. If the game makes some other household the active household, you can use Manage Households to return to Bob and Eliza.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2020, 10:39:58 AM »
Perfect.  Thanks!

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2020, 11:27:49 AM »
  • Nothing may be placed in Household Inventory.

Does this mean that items automatically sent to the household inventory cannot be retrieved (e.g. career rewards, large stolen items, sculpted furniture)? Or does it just mean that we shouldn't add anything manually?

That's okay -- if you need to use Manage Households to get back to the Pancakes, that's fine. Just don't do anything while you're in that other household.

Does this not doing anything else while in the other (non-Bob and Eliza) household include adding the required furniture/ items? I presume not from previous answers but am a bit confused, sorry.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2020, 11:32:26 AM »
  • Nothing may be placed in Household Inventory.

Does this mean that items automatically sent to the household inventory cannot be retrieved (e.g. career rewards, large stolen items, sculpted furniture)? Or does it just mean that we shouldn't add anything manually?

You shouldn't add anything manually.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #56 on: February 29, 2020, 04:42:54 PM »
what counts as a bathroom for the rule "Everywhere the Pancakes move, there must be a bed, bathroom, and source of food"? Would just a toilet suffice? Toilet and shower?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2020, 05:14:28 PM »
Toilet and shower or bathtub.

Offline thefaeriesgirl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2020, 06:41:24 PM »
It took me 2 hours last night just to set up for a practice run. That's just randomizing the sims, dressing them accordingly and adding rooms/beds accordingly. There didn't seem to be a button for randomizing the aspiration so I just picked things that make the most sense with the random traits they got. I hope this is what I was supposed to do. If not I can always spend another few hours creating a new file.  :o

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2020, 07:38:57 PM »
It took me 2 hours last night just to set up for a practice run. That's just randomizing the sims, dressing them accordingly and adding rooms/beds accordingly. There didn't seem to be a button for randomizing the aspiration so I just picked things that make the most sense with the random traits they got. I hope this is what I was supposed to do. If not I can always spend another few hours creating a new file.  :o

Sounds like you did everything the way you were supposed to. :)

anything