Author Topic: Bill Nye's Science Invitational  (Read 18359 times)

Offline MariSoda

• Nooboo
Re: Bill Nye's Science Invitational
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2020, 10:07:15 PM »
If our sim gets abducted and has an alien baby, are we able to keep it or give it away?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2020, 07:43:01 AM »
If our sim gets abducted and has an alien baby, are we able to keep it or give it away?

No. As the rules state...

• No adding to the household.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2020, 06:28:47 AM »
Hey guys, it really warms my heart to know that people like my idea and makes me hope that I've come up with an interesting and well thought out Challenge. :) Although, to be honest, I just threw the idea out to the Challenge Team and suggested a few things to throw into the mix for a multiplier, just to keep it interesting.

But in the end it was @Metropolis Man and his Team who chose what made the final cut and the decision to take my idea and run with it and for that I feel truly honoured and thankful, so thank you so much guys for doing this! I have to admit I was really surprised when they said they wanted to use my idea, I wasn't really expecting them to say yes and I may have done a victory dance, lol. :D

This is my favourite career in Sims 4 so naturally I'll be entering this challenge, it's my baby after all. :)

Just a couple of questions, are there any limits on what we can do with the Satellite Dish once we invent it? Do we get to test out the Serums and Inventions on other Sims or just ourselves? Come on Challenge Team, say yes and let us be evil, after all using other Sims as your own personal Guinea Pigs is half of the fun of the Science Career! :P

Offline Sarleenia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2020, 09:18:05 AM »
Following on from thefaeriesgirl's questions, if we make a tainted serum, does that count or would we need to keep doing synthesising until we'd made the proper one?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2020, 01:16:49 PM »
On Tainted Serums - let's go ahead not allow those. To count for the multiplier, serums need to be the proper ones. I'll note that in the rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2020, 05:33:35 PM »
Just a couple of questions, are there any limits on what we can do with the Satellite Dish once we invent it? Do we get to test out the Serums and Inventions on other Sims or just ourselves? Come on Challenge Team, say yes and let us be evil, after all using other Sims as your own personal Guinea Pigs is half of the fun of the Science Career! :P

No limits on Satellite Dish use.
Go ahead and test away with the serums. Yes, be evil. ;)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2020, 10:05:52 PM »
Does our sim have to look like Bill Nye* or have a name that is something like Bill Nye? Jill Why? Phil Gladify?

* I especially look forward to seeing female sims looking like him :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2020, 06:05:15 AM »
Deklitch - he's called Bill Nye the Science Guy so I've been thinking of name variants like Tracy Pal the Science Gal, Ella Grady the Science Lady, Norman Brent the Science Gent. But I'm sure I can do better.

Now you've given the challenge of making our Sims look like him I must make a female 😂

Offline SoulGal7

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2020, 06:49:15 PM »
A question on this - we just start with the normal starting funds for a sim - correct? Do we have to move into a Maxis pre-made furnished house or can it be unfurnished? Thanks :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2020, 06:31:26 AM »
A question on this - we just start with the normal starting funds for a sim - correct? Do we have to move into a Maxis pre-made furnished house or can it be unfurnished? Thanks :)

Hi SoulGal7, yep, just start with the standard 20k simoleans. And choose whatever lot you wish - empty vs. premade is fine. Furnished vs unfurnished - also fine.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2020, 06:32:43 AM »
SoulGal7 PM'd the team and am posting it here because I thought others might benefit from my answer:

Hi,
I haven't fully explored this career, but was reading up on cloning and apparently you can clone serums, and inventions. I really don't know how long this would take, but would this be allowed? I am thinking you could get a lot of serums and inventions this way...or maybe not. Let me know. Thanks :)

You're not scored by the total of serums and inventions made, but by the unique ones made -- the different ones. So, cloning would not add to your score.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2020, 01:15:34 PM »
A slight rules change today to the multiplier. Regular serums will not count towards the multiplier, only Tainted Serums. And just to be clear again, "different" means different names of serums and inventions. You cannot spam clones of serums and inventions and expect your multiplier to count. There is a maximum multiplier possible.

SIM. Serums and Inventions Multiplier. Every player starts with a multiplier of 1.00. Add .01 to the multiplier for each different Tainted Serum, Invention, and Invention upgrade made and used.

EDIT: Sorry for the late changes everyone...

SIM. Serums and Inventions Multiplier. Every player starts with a multiplier of 1.00. Add .01 to the multiplier for each different Invention and Invention upgrade made and used. Add .02 to the multiplier for each different Tainted serum made and used.

---

Lena, hopefully if you get a chance you can have the spreadsheet reflect this change.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2020, 01:47:12 PM »
SIM. Serums and Inventions Multiplier. Every player starts with a multiplier of 1.00. Add .01 to the multiplier for each different Invention and Invention upgrade made and used. Add .02 to the multiplier for each different Tainted serum made and used.

---

Lena, hopefully if you get a chance you can have the spreadsheet reflect this change.

That is a great twist to the score multiplier, @Metropolis Man
I can just imagine Rainbow Dash cackling with glee and rubbing her hands together. 
Haha, you just lured me in, too.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2020, 04:29:25 PM »

Offline SoulGal7

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2020, 07:37:56 PM »
I am now humming that 80s song - "Tainted Love....." lol