Author Topic: 2020 Mid-Season Major: A Townie Baby Boomer!  (Read 48463 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: 2020 Mid-Season Major: A Townie Baby Boomer!
« Reply #195 on: May 14, 2020, 12:53:15 PM »
Great job, Teresa. You've set the bar high. :)

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #196 on: May 14, 2020, 12:54:17 PM »

The key is that all moves have to made in one session in Manage Worlds/Manage Households.  The order doesn't really matter, you just can't to back to Live mode and then go back into Manage World/Manage Households to make more moves with the same sims.  Please let me know if this is still confusing.

Just to be sure I understand...All eligible mover inners and mover outers must all be moved before any of the households are played?  TIA

No, you don't have to make all the moves at the beginning of the game, but you do have to make all the moves for each household before you play that household.  As an example, if you want to move Dina Caliente out, and you also want to play Don Lothario and Nina Caliente as a couple, you would need to move Dina out into a different house BEFORE you play the sims in the Caliente household.  After you start playing the sims in the Caliente household, you cannot move anyone out.  So in this example, if you move Dina, leaving Nina, Katrina and Don, and you start playing the household, then you can't later move Katrina out.

Regarding teens moving - No, they can't move as teens, but they CAN move after they become YA, even if you already played that house.  Example - You play the Goths while Cassandra is a teen.  Mortimer and Bella have twins and adopt a couple babies, and Cassandra is still a teen.  You switch to another household to play.  A few sim days later, Cassandra ages up to YA (while you aren't playing her).  Once Cassandra ages up, you can move her out. She wasn't eligible to move out before you started playing the Goths, so you can move her out later, when she becomes eligible (in other words, when she ages up to YA).  Meanwhile, Alexander ages up to teen and then later to YA - once he ages up to YA, you can also move him out.

The key is that all moves have to made in one session in Manage Worlds/Manage Households.  The order doesn't really matter, you just can't to back to Live mode and then go back into Manage World/Manage Households to make more moves with the same sims.  Please let me know if this is still confusing.

Just to be sure I understand...All eligible mover inners and mover outers must all be moved before any of the households are played?  TIA

No, you don't have to make all the moves at the beginning of the game, but you do have to make all the moves for each household before you play that household.  As an example, if you want to move Dina Caliente out, and you also want to play Don Lothario and Nina Caliente as a couple, you would need to move Dina out into a different house BEFORE you play the sims in the Caliente household.  After you start playing the sims in the Caliente household, you cannot move anyone out.  So in this example, if you move Dina, leaving Nina, Katrina and Don, and you start playing the household, then you can't later move Katrina out.

Regarding teens moving - No, they can't move as teens, but they CAN move after they become YA, even if you already played that house.  Example - You play the Goths while Cassandra is a teen.  Mortimer and Bella have twins and adopt a couple babies, and Cassandra is still a teen.  You switch to another household to play.  A few sim days later, Cassandra ages up to YA (while you aren't playing her).  Once Cassandra ages up, you can move her out. She wasn't eligible to move out before you started playing the Goths, so you can move her out later, when she becomes eligible (in other words, when she ages up to YA).  Meanwhile, Alexander ages up to teen and then later to YA - once he ages up to YA, you can also move him out.

Thank you, Glazey Lady.  I *think* I understand.  In the Caliente example you gave, I can't move Katrina out after starting to play the Caliente household but I can move her out after Dina with some gameplay of another household (not Caliente) in between.  Can I presume that it's also OK that if I want to move Trey into the same household where I moved Dina (Call it the Stone household), I can move Trey a while after moving Dina, so long as I've not yet played Trey's household or the Stone household?   Thanks!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #197 on: May 14, 2020, 12:58:02 PM »
It is like I finally found something I can play as well as I think I can play.

Seriously, I loved this challenge.  Although I found myself longing to play some of those new babies...
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #198 on: May 14, 2020, 01:07:23 PM »
I think I know where I could have got around 40 more babies if I had realised something earlier on but I am seriously impressed with your score Teresa.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #199 on: May 14, 2020, 01:33:18 PM »
Thanks, Rachel.

I will say that I left a few babies on the table so to speak, either on purpose, bad luck, or accidentally, so it is definitely possible to have more.

Now, I need to find or write a new challenge to play to satisfy my need for toddlers.

Offline celinegreen

• Nooboo
« Reply #200 on: May 14, 2020, 01:41:14 PM »
I didn't expect to finish the challenge this early, but I just kept on playing and playing because it was so much fun. I ended up with:

94 nooboos

Looking forward to hearing the strategies afterward. Wow, 183!

Having played Sims 1, 2, 3, and now 4, it's really lovely to discover new parts of the game in the course of doing these challenges (I'd never spent much time in San Myshuno, just one example.). Thank you all so much for giving me something positive and fun to do.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #201 on: May 14, 2020, 05:42:56 PM »
All done. 105 new babies added.

Can I presume that it's also OK that if I want to move Trey into the same household where I moved Dina (Call it the Stone household), I can move Trey a while after moving Dina, so long as I've not yet played Trey's household or the Stone household?   Thanks!

Yes, that would be fine.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #202 on: May 14, 2020, 06:36:44 PM »
I haven't touched this challenge yet at all, but I'm super impressed how quickly everyone's playing through four sim-weeks!
And how refreshed everyone seems after finishing the challenge (versus exhausted and burned out). :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #203 on: May 14, 2020, 06:41:44 PM »
I haven't touched this challenge yet at all, but I'm super impressed how quickly everyone's playing through four sim-weeks!

Me too...I'm actually surprised I knocked this one out so quickly, but I'm kind of done with the current Diablo III season, so right there gives me more hours in the day. Not going to the gym because of Co-Vid craziness, so more time there too.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #204 on: May 14, 2020, 08:12:21 PM »
It might just be me but I found that I wasn't micromanaging everything and the different families and gameplay kept me engaged. I have a tendency to get distracted if I just play one Sim.

I was surprised at how quickly the time passed and considering how stressed I was about the whole thing I could have easily have played it through again. I kinda want to go and carry on playing to see how many second gen or even gen townie marriages and babies I can make.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #205 on: May 14, 2020, 08:39:56 PM »

I was surprised at how quickly the time passed and considering how stressed I was about the whole thing I could have easily have played it through again. I kinda want to go and carry on playing to see how many second gen or even gen townie marriages and babies I can make.

Rachel

I plan on using some of my new townies for testing and maybe even a dynasty challenge when it's legal to.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Elinoee

• magnapVE
  • Townie
« Reply #206 on: May 18, 2020, 05:31:49 PM »
I'm done,with 196 new little sims in my game   :D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #207 on: May 18, 2020, 05:47:14 PM »
Wow, well done, @Elinoee!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #208 on: May 18, 2020, 08:11:11 PM »
Great job!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #209 on: May 19, 2020, 09:39:31 PM »
I'm done,with 196 new little sims in my game   :D

wow, amazing score, @Elinoee