Author Topic: The Sims™ 4 Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack Available July 28th  (Read 3407 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
We can’t contain our excitement for tomorrow! Tune in tomorrow (July 14th) at 8 AM PT for the full trailer release, who's ready for Nifty Knitting?

Nifty Knitting Trailer Announcement-The Sims Twitter

The Sims™ 4 Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack Trailer

Knifty Knitting Stuff Pack will be available for purchase on July 28th.

Update:

Livestream Deepdrive tomorrow (July 22nd) announcement on Twitter: Nifty Knitting Livestream 11 PST / 2 pm EST

The Sims Twitch

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: The Sims™ 4 Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack Available July 28th
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 05:12:27 PM »
So with the release of the official announcement trailer, what are you looking forward too? I am loving that Yarny from Unravel is in it. And knitting on the toilet?? LOL, The best.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 09:39:31 PM »
So with the release of the official announcement trailer, what are you looking forward too? I am loving that Yarny from Unravel is in it. And knitting on the toilet?? LOL, The best.

Mostly... The spoiler for the next game pack they snuck in at the end.  But knitting will be good for giving elders something to do.  Like, I had a game where the family patriarch earned Long Lived.  I was a bit shocked at how big the bonus is on that- on a lifespan adjusted to be roughly 2x the length of the default setting, he got a 45-day extension.  I killed him off on the day he would have died, without that bonus.  Otherwise, he would have kicked around for 6 weeks after his wife died, nothing to do and nobody to do it with.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 12:36:27 AM »
Ok, I clicked the link on the game's main screen, that takes you to an EA page discussing what's in the pack.  And now there's something I really am excited about- the Metal station!  Why, exactly, metal would give you a bonus to knitting, I have no idea...

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 01:51:50 AM »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Honestly, to me, it is a big step up on the previous pack that was released, which had 0 interest to me.

Knitting on the toilet sounds awesome, I mean, you can eat on the toilet, so why not!

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 02:52:12 AM »
@Brian_Z I am hoping that wasn't a spoiler for anything. A winter destination world would be a waste in my not so humble opinion. I mean honestly how much time do you have your sims spend in the two we have now? Plus what use would a skiing skill or the like be outside of that world? Yes, I sadly do think it is a spoiler. I just don't want it to be. Destination worlds historically have extremely poor pack cross playability. I just don't want another Outdoor Retreat. But I know many do. Not everything needs to be for me. I just am not really wanting another vacation world of any kind. I want usable lots and vacation world lots just aren't.

Now Nifty Knitting, I am excited for even if what I voted for never won. It has a surprisingly high amount of cross pack playability for a stuff pack. The changes in CAS has future expandability. Plopsy how ever it is spelled adds dimension to all compatible crafts. Two new radio stations with play impact. Cats playing with yarn. Plus toddler, child and elder unique play. (Teen through elders teaching children to knit. Elders reminiscing on the rocker. Toddlers playing on the rocker.) Looks great for a stuff pack.

Carl just dropped a video on this pack.

https://youtu.be/X4uyhlLUrEo

I am going to watch it now.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2020, 07:44:59 PM »
Actually I DO use Granite Falls and Selvadorada, in nearly every game.  And I would love a winter destination- a winter vacation to Granite Falls is pointless, because the river is frozen and the plants and bugs are dormant.  Selvadorada is very rainy in winter, which doesn't stop you from exploring the jungle, but it does stop your sim from enjoying any part of it.  So, yeah, a destination BEST visited in winter would be awesome.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2020, 09:31:16 PM »
I also use Granite Falls and Selvadorada a lot. My game wouldn’t be the same without those two packs.

I’m looking forward to this pack for both the crafting—we can never have too many craftables in my opinion—and Plopsy which, fingers crossed that it’s done well, I will use the heck out of. I’ve wanted something like that in the game since forever.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 10:53:30 AM »
This pack will certainly add to my particular way of playing. I love doing rags to riches where I only make money selling things I have made or found and plopsy is right up my alley.
I read that any clothes your Sim makes will only be available for your family to wear not a bunch of random townies and I really do like that idea.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2020, 07:47:27 PM »
Twitch Livestream deepdrive tomorrow (July 22nd) at 11 pst/2pm est. Link in the OP

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2020, 03:44:58 PM »
Here is the link to the video for those who missed the live stream.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/687463697

The cowplants are getting names! I am join to name mine Bob. #justiceforcoowplants

Baby onesies are cut. Lots of game play for a stuff pack. The new Yarnie that moves looks fun. I loved the moving gnomes from The Sims 3. The Sweater Curse is coming to ruin all you relationships. That is cool. I like the knitted reapers. This pack looks value for a stuff pack. After all you can dress babies. That is one step closer to freeing them. #freethebabies

Most everything I voted for lost, but I am still stoked. Strange isn't it?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2020, 07:12:47 PM »
I can't wait, so much pretty stuff, and to be able to name the cowplants!  That's been a long time coming. I can't wait to see what effect that "sweater curse" has on couples. hehehe

knitting as an extra money maker will be great.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2020, 07:38:42 PM »
I can't wait, so much pretty stuff, and to be able to name the cowplants!  That's been a long time coming. I can't wait to see what effect that "sweater curse" has on couples. hehehe

knitting as an extra money maker will be great.
I actually don't care if knitting is a good money maker. I am just happy it is a unique crafting skill. We have tons of skills for declarations and the like. This one is unique as it makes things no other skill does CAS items. And it does something no other skill does besides parenting and content to babies. I like when truly new stuff comes to the game. Not that new money makers are bad, it just is the game has nearly endless ways to made simolians. It has no other ways to dress babies and few ways to add to CAS. Love it.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2020, 01:47:13 PM »
Carl has a video on the livestream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OIQh9dvvYA

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2020, 05:29:47 PM »
Thanks for the video. I tried to watch the Twitch video, but abandoned it around the 10 minute mark. This dev team is even more unlikable than the World of Warctaft team and that's saying a lot.

Pack looks ok, but I decided a couple weeks ago to give to this site rather than buy anything from Maxis. They have a problem with fixing bugs and I can't see rewarding them for it at the moment.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2020, 04:21:36 AM »
Finally gotten around to looking at the trailer (a whole day before it's due for release), it looks okay.. trailer doesn't grab me but I'll happily wait till people play it and decide if I buy it release week or wait until it's on sale and buy then.

I do admit the marketplace like selling platform looks interesting and could be fun, with the potential to be expanded maybe.. 
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2020, 02:41:08 PM »
I'm just about to fire it up for the first time. Deligracy's review, which is the only I've watched, was pretty nice.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2020, 08:59:17 AM »
Carl has a video about the pack up. https://youtu.be/cyWTcIIBXBs

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2020, 09:38:29 PM »
I've got the pack I haven't played yet but my 13 year old son who has autism and never plays the sims loves it and has quite the knitting empire.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2020, 09:55:20 PM »
I've got the pack I haven't played yet but my 13 year old son who has autism and never plays the sims loves it and has quite the knitting empire.

Rachel

This made me smile. I am glad he likes it. I have my testing sim knitting away, making candles and selling away Phlospy.(sp)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2020, 03:58:11 PM »
So, we were right about the little spoiler they snuck in there, just wrong about what pack it was for.  Not the September GP, it was for the November EP.