Author Topic: Pikelet Isle (Beta) - Small Empty Base Game World  (Read 19131 times)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: Pikelet Isle (Beta) - Small Empty Base Game World
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2014, 10:49:50 PM »
Wow, it looks fantastic :D ! I love all the greenery and the Asian area in particular. I'm sure the alien will be presenting a very positive report to the mothership. ;)

You've just reminded me - I also have a version of the town I've been building up. It's very rough because I haven't worked on it for a while but just give me a few minutes and I'll dig up some pictures for everyone.

EDIT: Here we go!

Obviously your town is much better filled out than mine but I like just playing around with different aesthetics. :)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2014, 04:27:47 AM »
That looks great.  You do the same thing I do, by putting a few of the same houses on a block.  I will have to look up that Asian resort.  I got it on here and most of the houses I have, I have gotten from the swap shop. I really love starting from scratch sometimes and this is such a perfect size world, you can do about anything in it.  Does CAW have brick roads?  Apparently not, since I really have not seen anyone use them.  That would be so cool if they did or cobblestone.  I tried CAW at one time, but I could not make head nor tails of it, lol.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2014, 12:55:01 AM »
That looks great.  You do the same thing I do, by putting a few of the same houses on a block.  I will have to look up that Asian resort.  I got it on here and most of the houses I have, I have gotten from the swap shop. I really love starting from scratch sometimes and this is such a perfect size world, you can do about anything in it.  Does CAW have brick roads?  Apparently not, since I really have not seen anyone use them.  That would be so cool if they did or cobblestone.  I tried CAW at one time, but I could not make head nor tails of it, lol.

Thanks Salty :) . Actually, you can use whatever road patterns you want as long as you have the right images saved on your computer. I stick to EA ones but I'm sure I've seen brick and cobblestone textures available online; some people extract textures from premade EA worlds or even make their own in Photoshop. CAW is a surprisingly versatile tool once you know how to use it (and I'd highly recommend the guide I linked to in the first post if you want to learn). :)

Offline kalebgmsn

• Nooboo
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2014, 11:03:27 PM »
Hey, I just wanted to say that I LOVE this world, it is small and perfect, the only think I don't like is the fact that every time I want to play a new game, I have to re-add all the houses/sims. Do you intend to release a version with houses??

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2014, 11:11:49 PM »
Hey, I just wanted to say that I LOVE this world, it is small and perfect, the only think I don't like is the fact that every time I want to play a new game, I have to re-add all the houses/sims. Do you intend to release a version with houses??

Hey kalebgmsn, welcome to the forum! I'm so happy you're enjoying the world  :) . Unfortunately The Sims is on the backburner for me right now and I don't think I'll be releasing a built-up version anytime soon. As an alternative, how about starting a game and adding all the houses and Sims you like, then whenever you want to play the world you can open that save file and select "Save As" to start a new game with all your work?

Offline NanoSeven

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2017, 09:57:00 PM »
Very old thread, but just wanted to add that I just happened to stumble upon this little gem totally by accident, and I absolutely love it!

It allows me to build whatever flavor/architecture I feel like playing at any given time, and I do like to switch that up a LOT.  It is smaller, but that also makes for a quick load, less routing problems, and it keeps the population condensed so that it doesn't feel like the city is deserted.

Huge props to the builder for the keepin' it simple.  Sometimes less is more.  <3

anything