Author Topic: Naga's Sunset Valley 7.0 -- SV-ALGPStSnSs  (Read 409255 times)

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
Re: Sunset Valley 2.1
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2011, 05:23:33 PM »
You are not doing anything wrong at all. That was just a mistake with one of the lots I placed. You see, there is a custom item in a certain lot (I don't know which lot or which item, hence why I can't remove it) that pops that message to people who don't have the item. Sorry about that.

Mirrrr

« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2011, 05:53:47 PM »
You are not doing anything wrong at all. That was just a mistake with one of the lots I placed. You see, there is a custom item in a certain lot (I don't know which lot or which item, hence why I can't remove it) that pops that message to people who don't have the item. Sorry about that.

Noooo sorry :D Then i know I'm not doing anything wrong

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

sparky1922

« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2011, 04:02:25 AM »
HI Naga,

I was directed to this thread by another member when I was looking for information on placing late night lots etc into a new sunset valley game and see its incedible work!

I downloaded it immediately wanting to play however I have a new computer with winrar pre-installed
and discovered it wont open any downloaded files at all even the ones I know for sure are okay?

Whenever I click on the download winrar attempts to open it and gives me an error message re  corrupt or archive files and then asks me if I want to search for a program to open the download with so I click winrar and again an error message?

I tried the repair option for winrar but it only gives me the opportunity to uninstall??

I downloaded ZZip to try using another program but the same thing happens so I am now wondering if its me doing something wrong and I am getting so frustrated as I just want to get on and download this world.

My apologies if this is not the correct thread for asking such information as I am new to the forum.

Warm Regards

Dawn

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2011, 09:21:56 AM »
Since WinRar has given problems to some people, I decided to put an alternate method to download the files. Here's how it works: There are 5 files in every Save folder in TS3. You need to use winrar to upload the folder itself, but you can download the 5 files directly and then put them in a folder, so that's what we're going to try:

Note that this is only for people who just can't get their WinRar to work.

1.Download the 5 files from this link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8p29dilqnkej7

2.Go to your TS3 saves folder (Probably at C:\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves). Create a new folder there, and name it "Sunset Valley 2.1.sims3", without the quotes.

Cut the 5 files you downloaded and paste them all inside the folder you just created.

4.Open the game and play it!

Hope this helps all of you folks who couldn't get it working before. ;)

sparky1922

« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2011, 01:37:05 PM »
Hi Naga,

I was reading about another zip 7zip i think its called so I downloaded that and managed to open the town and place it.

A message did come up saying some objects could not be placed but after dowloading the town and visiting all the venues i did not notice anything wrong.

I installed a family I had been playing in bridgeport and all went well for several hours and then my old problems came back from first installing late night around a week ago such as Sims stuck in beds and when I reset them it works on some and others are still stuck to the bed.

also when I try to change the beds to buy new ones it states the bed cannot be moved as the Sim is still in it when they are not.

I don't think this has anything to do with your beautiful town but now it looks like I will have to reinstall late night from scratch which means i will loose my family I have nurtured for ages  :'(

Thanks for the download though its truly awesome!

Warm Regards

Dawn

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2011, 07:43:06 PM »
Don't do anything you might regret later without first checking the forum for a solution! Have you maybe read this topic?

sparky1922

« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2011, 06:21:14 AM »
Thanks Naga,

Followed the link it seems that when it becomes a real problem you get around 2 weeks of Sims play before the problems reoccurs and I think its getting that way for me.

I am going to try a reinstall. :'(

I noted what someone said about Sims/objects being stuck in dead space or something but that's way over my head lol

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Warm Regards

Dawn

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Mirrrr

« Reply #127 on: April 25, 2011, 10:58:08 AM »
Yes, that is definetly why this happened. Apartments are very sensitive to matters of that kind.

Thank you for the nice words, WolfJake.

I have this problem too and i was playing with the family i always play with :(

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #128 on: April 25, 2011, 06:44:16 PM »
I know the apartment building is very buggy. Honestly, I'm thinking of removing it when I need space for the Generations lots. Not really necessary, but it's just bringing so many complaints.

Offline Mrs.Laphalot

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2011, 03:10:22 PM »
OH my gosh!! This is exactly what I've been hoping for some clever simmer to put together! Thank you so much Naga!!  Many hugs to you   ;D

Offline birdy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2011, 03:30:01 PM »
Hi! I just wanted to say thank you for this updated Sunset Valley! I have had a really hard time finding LN worlds that aren't giant cities and this will work perfectly. :) Thank you for taking the time to do this *and* share it with the community!

Captainrave

« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2011, 05:25:55 PM »
Registered just to say thanks for this :) - has everything I wanted in my favourite setting. Moved my family in no trouble at all. Saved me a lot of time too!

crazilazigurl

« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2011, 09:29:56 PM »
Wow!! Great work!

I cannot wait to play it.

However, I am not sure how to add it to my game. The file path that you specified is not what I have.

The fle path on my computer is: C:\Users\crazilazigurl\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

But, there is not "Saves" folder. Here is a screenshot of the above file path
http://flic.kr/p/9CLFFT

I pasted the Sunset Valley 2.1.sims3 folder in the "Downloads" folder. Is that correct? Is there a reason I don not have a "Saved" folder?

Thanks again for all your hard work on this!!

Offline Jancy

• Occult
« Reply #133 on: April 28, 2011, 10:41:33 PM »
A quick question and I'm sorry if I overlooked it somewhere if it has already been asked - Can I use your Sunset Valley on Mac?

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2011, 08:39:29 AM »
@crazilazigurl:
Do you have any saves in your game at all? I mean, if you haven't really saved anything in the game yet (after a complete reinstall, for example) then the saves folder might not have been created. I'd recommend you create a new folder in the path of the picture, call it Saves, and put SV2 there. Let me know if it works.

@Jancy:
I believe so, because Macs should have the same Saves folder and configuration, but the best thing to do is try it.

anything