Author Topic: Sunset Valley 7.0 (ALGPSs)  (Read 330311 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: Sunset Valley 2.1/3.0
« Reply #175 on: June 30, 2011, 06:39:56 AM »
If my sim has married Agnes Crumplebottom, But I want to move to this town, will there be another Agnes Crumplebottom?

Yes. But you can always remove the new one with Edit Town. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Jaeger

« Reply #176 on: June 30, 2011, 09:46:00 AM »
Thanks for the time and effort but I was...meh. I also didn't like New Sunset Valley from a germen site.

Didn't like you getting rid of the 4 lot apartment complex. Now, I don't like the original ones there either but Sims Programs had real nice replacements for those four lots and changing the pool to poolside bar gets one of the bars for the mixer. Also, the three apartments have space for the npcs to live. Highly recommend y'all look at it. Check in the Apartments section in the forum and grab the rest while you there. But your lot placement seemed haphazard.

There's a 20x30 modern firehouse at [removed - mtglady] that I use and placed it behind the art gallery. You have to make the lot - it fits nicely.

Used brideports city hall. Deleted the cop shop and military base. Put the film studio on the military lot. The space shuttle building could be a set.

I used several of a [removed - mtglady]-something for some lot replacements. for some reason I can't place it where she built it but her tiki poolside bar is nice too and can be place d elsewhere. Put it on the beach anywhere. She has a smaller school too. That's a lot of space to put in 2 or 3 lots.

My cafe is by the waterfall lot. These two lots also came from [removed - mtglady] They are seamless with one another.

I found a mirabello plaza lot at [removed - mtglady] that had the spa with it. Very beautiful with trees and plants in front. Delete the old spa.

Also, found a skinny consignment shop from there that you can fit practically anywhere.

I also deleted the big central park and put in Nu Central park from [removed - mtglady]. put in a subway. There is also a small subway park w/ foodtruck at [removed - mtglady]that you can put anywhere.

I downloaded a large lot long ago that was a country club lot. I put in a bar and instruments and made it an exclusive club. Put it on the center lot where the altos live.

Put any sports bar by the stadium. Lots of flat spaces in front.

If you got the hogans ship restaurant, put it on the beach and delete the one in town.

For the large beach lot, there was recently (3 or 4 days ago)  a lot released from a French blog site that I found through sims 3 finds.

You know what they say, opinions are like...

But hey, thanks for some of the bar lots. The vampire one was ingenious and fitting.  8)

EDIT:  Jaeger, welcome to the forum but please review the forum rules here especially number 10.  Third party custom content is not encouraged nor recommended for use and we prefer that you don't mention these sites or the creators. 
One site in particular that you mentioned was the site in which the 'dreaded doll' came from.  I have taken the liberty of removing the sites and the creator you mentioned.  Please refrain from doing so in the future.
mtglady

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #177 on: June 30, 2011, 10:05:23 AM »
Jeagar, Your post is very arrogant! You also broke a number of rules!

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #178 on: June 30, 2011, 10:43:59 AM »
I agree with Candy that your post was very arrogant and unnecessary.

You don't seem to get the point of SunsetValley 3.0, Jaeger. It's not to remake the whole town into something else, it's to keep most of the original stuff there, and just include the lots from other expansions. I wouldn't ever put any lots that are custom made, such as those from the sites you mentioned. The only lots in my town are the original ones, the expansion-original ones, and the ones I and a few other friends in this forum created. The idea is not to place the biggest amount of lots in the tighest way possible, hence why there's no need for some slim cosignment store or changing the pool into a poolside club.

Also, trying to keep the Sunset Valley "little-town" concept was a must. Changing the city hall for that multi-use one would mean there's no need for the separated military base. Sure, you can put the film lot there, but what's the sence of that?

Opinions aren't to be argued about, sure, but try reviewing your ideals and checking if your opinions are really fundamental.

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #179 on: June 30, 2011, 10:46:03 AM »
Naga, I don't care what he says, This town rules! I've been playing it non stop for the last hour  ;)

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
« Reply #180 on: June 30, 2011, 05:40:22 PM »
Funny that hotspots got mentioned again, because I noticed that in my current game they aren't working either. That's new from Generations. I guess I was na´ve to think that the massive bugs from Generations wouldn't affect SV3.0.

As things are going, it seems I'll have to remake SV3.0, because of the hotspotlessness and the grass bugs mentioned a few posts before. I've been busy with something else for the time being, but when I find the time I'll do what I can to fix everything in this neighborhood.
Today I was started a new EA default Sunset Valley and edit by myself with custom Late Night Lots and in the end they seemed to work fine.(Hotspots,No Grass and Terrain Bug,etc), but the problem is that I'm not so good in placing lots in a aesthetic and realistic mod. So, Me and maybe/certainly others are waiting a new Naga Sunset Valley  ;D   For the best results I recommend you a clean and basic resintallation of the game(all episodes-without patches/updates after installation).        ~GOOD LUCK!

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #181 on: June 30, 2011, 06:29:38 PM »
Thank you for the support. I'll have a 2-week vacation after tomorrow, so probably around this Sunday I'll get things going and remake SV3.0.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #182 on: June 30, 2011, 10:36:10 PM »

Jaeger, welcome to the forum but please review the forum rules here especially number 10.  Third party custom content is not encouraged nor recommended for use and we prefer that you don't mention these sites or those creators. 

One site in particular that you mentioned was the site in which the 'dreaded doll' came from.  I have taken the liberty of removing the sites and the creator you mentioned.  Please refrain from doing so in the future.

** Please note that I entered the above as an 'EDIT' in that particuliar post but I was also told to make a separate post to make sure my message has been seen.  Happy Simming everyone!

mtglady
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

WolfJake

« Reply #183 on: July 01, 2011, 04:54:35 PM »
Hey Naga, will you be putting the gothique library that came out recently on the sims 3 site int he SV.3 remake, or is that against a rule?

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #184 on: July 02, 2011, 08:11:49 AM »
I'll see what I can do. I must place the least custom objects I can, so I may have to change the house a bit.

DaSpecial1

« Reply #185 on: July 03, 2011, 07:37:04 PM »
Sunset Valley is my favorite town so this was a great find. I've been playing this game smoothly for a week. I had the missing object message the first time it loaded so I thought I would have more issues but it plays well. Do you know what causes that?

Also,  I added a few celebs and vampires from Bridgeport and had hotspots begin to show up shortly after that--this may help those with no hotspots.  I haven't fully explored everything you designed but what I've seen I like. Do you have any idea what the starting population count for this town (Sunset Valley 3.0) is? Can't wait to see the new versions thanks for the work you put into this.

Oh one thing: In "The Under" the cowplant that sits behind the bar blocks sims from ordering.  They sit and attempt to order but the bartender shows the no pathway thought bubble with the cowplant as the reason. I actually like the design so I didn't try to delete the cowplant.I wish I could get him to ignore the plant but just moving to another seat is sufficient.  Just want to let you know about the blocked pathway issue.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #186 on: July 03, 2011, 08:25:00 PM »
I'm still not sure of what's going on with the hotspots. Hopefully it'll be fixed with the remake, which is almost done, by the way.

The starting population? I counted 67, but that's only the sims who live in houses. There are some npcs that don't live in the town, so I didn't count them in.

I knew about the cow plant. I fixed it in my game, but thought it was a too little thing to launch a whole new version just for it. It's fixed in the next version.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #187 on: July 03, 2011, 09:52:17 PM »
Ok, the "fixed" version is ready. I say it in quotes because there is one miserable spot where the terrain bug just didn't go away at all, even after remaking. It's on the frontal edges of the empty "orange-house" lot. The business building no longer has a bistro in it, and the apartment building I made still sucks, but oh well...

Let's look at the good things! I upgraded the visual of the cosignment store area, removed the trash spawners, moved the cowplant statue, removed lots of community parking spots to reduce the "massive carpool spawns" lag, the workers from the business building kept their original jobs this time, not even a second has passed in the game (it was 8:04 before, now it's back to 8:00), 2 or 3 previously removed houses stayed this time, and there are gender doors on old community lots with bathrooms now, and for that I think that this town is now better than before.

Offline Justwright

• Townie
Re: Sunset Valley 2.2/3.1
« Reply #188 on: July 04, 2011, 02:20:14 AM »
Naga, I don't know about Computer Whiz, as your sig claims.  But I would nominate you for World Whiz!  Thank you, Thank you!

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #189 on: July 04, 2011, 05:17:31 AM »
This is just what I needed! Woo! Thank you, Naga! I am handing you cyber cookies of every kind!

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #190 on: July 04, 2011, 03:32:35 PM »
As expected, nothing can be perfect, and I got something wrong. The exclusive lounge had a little problem, and I fixed it.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #191 on: July 06, 2011, 04:56:19 AM »
I may just start playing SV, now that there are clubs. That's the reason I like Bridgeport, is the clubs.

Thanks Naga!

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #192 on: July 07, 2011, 08:46:50 PM »
Hi.
First of all, thank you so much Naga for all of the effort you put into this, it had to be hard.
But I can't get it to work in my game.
I have an unzipping program on my computer. I downloaded Sunset Valley 3.1.1 just fine. It appeared in my Downloads folder, then I cut and paste it into a folder called Sunset Valley 3.1.1.sims3 in my Saves area.
When I go in game nothing is there.
 ???

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #193 on: July 08, 2011, 04:29:00 AM »
Hi.
First of all, thank you so much Naga for all of the effort you put into this, it had to be hard.
But I can't get it to work in my game.
I have an unzipping program on my computer. I downloaded Sunset Valley 3.1.1 just fine. It appeared in my Downloads folder, then I cut and paste it into a folder called Sunset Valley 3.1.1.sims3 in my Saves area.
When I go in game nothing is there.
 ???

Did you cut/paste the file you have downloaded? It won't work this way. You have to unzip the file (the downloaded one), then cut/paste the folder called Sunset Valley 3.1.1 into your Saves folder. There is no need to create another save folder in the Saves area. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #194 on: July 08, 2011, 06:45:18 AM »
I still have the old version, and The Hotspots work fine  ??? Oh well, It's more convieniant that way  ;D

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #195 on: July 08, 2011, 12:42:26 PM »
Did you cut/paste the file you have downloaded? It won't work this way. You have to unzip the file (the downloaded one), then cut/paste the folder called Sunset Valley 3.1.1 into your Saves folder. There is no need to create another save folder in the Saves area. :)
Yay! It works!
Thanks.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #196 on: July 10, 2011, 04:01:32 PM »
Hey, I have extracted the file and there is this when I open it.
See the first picture? Do I put that folder in the Saves? With everything in it?
or I click on Sunset Valley 3.1.sims3 and drag what thing into the Saves (picture 2)
I hope this makes sense.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #197 on: July 10, 2011, 04:23:00 PM »
You have to drag the Sunset Valley 3.1.sims3 into the Saves folder. :)

VampirePlasma

« Reply #198 on: July 10, 2011, 04:38:30 PM »
Thanks I got it to work but then my game totally froze and my computer crashed xD. I took it out and restarted my comp. This computer is good for nothing  :D

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #199 on: July 10, 2011, 04:42:56 PM »
Hey, I have extracted the file and there is this when I open it.
See the first picture? Do I put that folder in the Saves? With everything in it?
or I click on Sunset Valley 3.1.sims3 and drag what thing into the Saves (picture 2)
I hope this makes sense.

You can delete the map and the readme text document.  I just used the second folder of the same name that included the items in your second picture.  Did that make sense ????.
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.