Author Topic: Naga's Sunset Valley 7.0 -- SV-ALGPStSnSs  (Read 409209 times)

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
Re: Sunset Valley 6.0 (ALGPStSn)
« Reply #345 on: November 13, 2012, 07:45:51 PM »
Thanks for the update Naga. I really like it! :)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Leto85

« Reply #346 on: November 14, 2012, 12:41:21 AM »
Thank you for this awesome creation! I've been waiting patiently for a Supernatural update! :D

One thing, I love how you condensed the Arboretum and put it with the Alchemy shop. However, when you go down a level, the Arboretum seems to stay above while everything else disappears: Example.

No idea if this is just me though.

Welcome to the forum JenZen.
I see things like that happening in my game ealmost everytim I place an object that without cheers only can exist on the around floor but which I have played manually on every floor except that one.
It also happens when items on the second or above floor are placed slightly or half through walls. You see them 'floating' when you are a level below that one.

I assume it is a 'out-of-the-grid' kind of bug.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #347 on: November 14, 2012, 05:23:02 AM »
Welcome to the forum JenZen.
I see things like that happening in my game ealmost everytim I place an object that without cheers only can exist on the around floor but which I have played manually on every floor except that one.
It also happens when items on the second or above floor are placed slightly or half through walls. You see them 'floating' when you are a level below that one.

I assume it is a 'out-of-the-grid' kind of bug.

About the problem with the seemingly floating arboretum when you're one floor lower... For me this got solved when I went into build mode, picked up the arboretum and then clicked Ecs. The arboretum is then automatically placed back without faults this time.

This also works if you have problems like objects half in floors etc. I also use this when I have downloaded a lot from someone and the ground floor of the lot is higher or lower then the rest of the world. I first use constrainfloorelevation off to level the floor with everything on it and then I pick up every single object with a weird height and press esc each time to have it placed on the correct height again.

Leto85

« Reply #348 on: November 14, 2012, 05:32:57 AM »
About the problem with the seemingly floating arboretum when you're one floor lower... For me this got solved when I went into build mode, picked up the arboretum and then clicked Ecs. The arboretum is then automatically placed back without faults this time.

This also works if you have problems like objects half in floors etc. I also use this when I have downloaded a lot from someone and the ground floor of the lot is higher or lower then the rest of the world. I first use constrainfloorelevation off to level the floor with everything on it and then I pick up every single object with a weird height and press esc each time to have it placed on the correct height again.

And they will stay in place with that trick? That would be awesome.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #349 on: November 14, 2012, 06:00:04 AM »
And they will stay in place with that trick? That would be awesome.

Everything that I changed like this always stayed in place.
But I'll start up a game to see if the arboretum also stays in place.

Edit: For the current game you are playing, the arboretum stays in place. However if you save and reload, the arboretum is visible again if you're one floor lower. Of course you can do the same trick again, but it is only resolved for the current game.
I have been trying some things and if I change the lot type it always says that there is a special building on the lot and if you want your sims to use it the way you selected it, then you have to remove the special building. In my opinion the special building is the arboretum. And I see that even though the lot is selected to be an elixir store, on the map it always shows as an arboretum. This happens with any lot type you choose, so I believe the arboretum was ment to have it's own lot. I don't know what it will change or maybe block in game when the lot is not seen as an elixir store. If there are opportunities for the elixir store, they probably won't work. But that's just my estimated guess ;)

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #350 on: November 14, 2012, 02:15:54 PM »
I'm pretty sure the lot works just fine. The Arboretum map icon you mentioned sticks out from the Elixir Shop icon. Both of them show, but one of them is poking out. However, if you do find any bugs related to opportunities and all, please let me know.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #351 on: November 14, 2012, 06:25:07 PM »
Ok, we'll do! :)

*off to enjoy your world some more*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kin23g

• Nooboo
« Reply #352 on: November 16, 2012, 08:37:49 AM »
WOW .. it seems great!!!
But what about Seasons? Your're going to include it, right? When? ;D

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #353 on: November 16, 2012, 11:14:52 PM »
I haven't purchased Seasons yet. I plan to include a single big park with festivities for each season.

Offline Craze

• Nooboo
« Reply #354 on: November 19, 2012, 05:13:47 PM »
I'd be down with you simply uploading a lot to replace the current Central Park with. After all, that'd let people use a 6.0 save file and you wouldn't have to upload the same world 25086 more times.

Continued thanks for all your hard work ~ I'm currently playing in self-altered Moonlight Falls for a smidge of LN content (SIMS 3 CANNOT BE PLAYED WITHOUT BARS), but I've used your versions of SV for at least 60% of my playtime over the past few years. <3

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #355 on: November 20, 2012, 03:01:29 PM »
Thank you for the kind words. =)

I've thought of the single-lot-upload deal a bit, mostly with Supernatural only adding one lot (at first, then it turned out to have two) and Generations only upgrading the central park. In the end, I always end up doubling the versions for this town.

It's just so much easier for other people to pick the specific expansions they have, extract the files and be ready to go, than having to download the lot too, then install it, and finally put it down in the neighborhood [every time they start a game there]. For me, spending another 2 hours uploading 32 versions (yes, it'll be 32 when I get Seasons) is worth the while if it's for the sake of not making the people who enjoy this town spend 2 extra hours on installing it.

Offline Craze

• Nooboo
« Reply #356 on: November 20, 2012, 04:26:35 PM »
If you don't mind, I'm certainly not going to complain!

Offline cellulose

• Nooboo
« Reply #357 on: November 22, 2012, 07:07:41 PM »
First, I would like to thank you for your hard work on this. I've been looking for this very Sunset Valley for so long. It's absolutely perfect for the way I like to play my game. 
I have noticed one thing though and that is, a lot of sims in the town keep seeming to randomly catch fire and then perish :( I have never had this in any other neighborhood, custom or boxed.
I do use some store downloads and Awesomemod + NRaaS Errortrap and Mastercontroller, but I've been using these for quite a long time. I have all expansions, including Seasons and all
Stuff Packs.

Offline jazpaddles

• Nooboo
« Reply #358 on: November 23, 2012, 02:48:49 AM »
First, I would like to thank you for your hard work on this. I've been looking for this very Sunset Valley for so long. It's absolutely perfect for the way I like to play my game. 
I have noticed one thing though and that is, a lot of sims in the town keep seeming to randomly catch fire and then perish :( I have never had this in any other neighborhood, custom or boxed.
I do use some store downloads and Awesomemod + NRaaS Errortrap and Mastercontroller, but I've been using these for quite a long time. I have all expansions, including Seasons and all
Stuff Packs.

There's a mod that'll help out with that by Shimrod found  here: http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/4382-sim-body-temperature-modifier/page__hl__%2Bspontaneous+%2Bcombustion

Also, thanks Naga for all the hard work! I just started using this save and I'm in love  ;)

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #359 on: November 23, 2012, 12:17:20 PM »
Stuff Packs.

Sims suddenly catching on fire and dying... That smells like Seasons to me. Speaking of which, the next update might be very late. I have no clue when I'm going to get this expansion. Sorry. =(