Author Topic: Naga's Sunset Valley 7.0 -- SV-ALGPStSnSs  (Read 407780 times)

Offline NeVeRLiFt

• Nooboo
Re: Sunset Valley 7.0 (ALGPStSnSs)
« Reply #390 on: December 27, 2012, 09:55:34 AM »
I would like to share what I do for Naga's version of Sunset Valley.

I take and go through each world and pull out certain families, houses or special venues and save them to library.
For example from Latenight I pull out all the 2, 3, 4 and 5 star celebrities and most of the vampire families also.
For Moonlight Falls I pulled out some the fairy, werewolf, witches, ghosts and vampire families and again some the more interesting lots/houses.
All the other worlds I just pull out the houses I find interesting or like.

Once this is done I go through and place the homes in the Sunset Valley and make sure they fit and look proper and blend in and then move in the families carefully.

Then I start playing... and it really just gives you the best of everything the game has to offer in my humble opinion.

Thank you Naga!

PS: I also like to mention Union Cove, Setra and Jericho as other super nice worlds I like to play in.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #391 on: December 27, 2012, 10:21:50 AM »
Awesome! I try to do that too, but I get error 12* every time, so my gameplay is -really- limited right now. I do it with other legacies, though.

*Error 12 means you reached the limit of stuff that can be saved in a file. Too many memories, family trees, lots, spawned stuff, etc...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asgate

• Nooboo
« Reply #392 on: December 28, 2012, 09:39:38 AM »
Hi Naga,
  I have been using your Sunset Valley for nearly a year now and I just wanted to let you know how much i appreciate your efforts.  Thank you.  Hope you had a Merry Christmas and wishing you a Hapy New Year.

Offline NeonAngel

• Nooboo
« Reply #393 on: December 30, 2012, 02:33:53 PM »
I just downloaded this and OMG. Twallans error trap mod was whippin out message after message. about 15 unroutable sims were found. They were all in cars and the cars were "stuck" driving out of odd places like half on the road and half on a lot. then they would become unstuck and just respawn in the same place.

so i used the resetsim * cheat and it solved it all.

well done on this town btw. its not easy moving things around in SV. You did a great job.  The Violet Lounge (i think its called that) is breathtaking. the recoloring of the walls is amazing. Love the pool side club too. the only thing i wasnt keen on was the amount of professional bars that were placed in the lots. i mean 1 lot might have 4 bars so the town has to spawn a huge amount of mixologists. but thats easily solved by deleting some.

thanks for sharing this with us. it makes the town feel more complete and SV is my face town

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #394 on: December 30, 2012, 02:57:09 PM »
Did you fix Plumb Bob pictures? People ran outside the fence than had to run back around the fence. Previously, I just deleted the fence (not good in nasty weather), though it didn't look s nice. I'll definitely download and check it out. Then I'll get rid of the townies and add my own people.

Offline NeonAngel

• Nooboo
« Reply #395 on: December 30, 2012, 03:08:35 PM »
i had deleted that lot before actually playing as i dont like that career.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #396 on: December 30, 2012, 07:38:19 PM »
Did you fix Plumb Bob pictures? People ran outside the fence than had to run back around the fence. Previously, I just deleted the fence (not good in nasty weather), though it didn't look s nice. I'll definitely download and check it out. Then I'll get rid of the townies and add my own people.

Now I feel like I forgot about everything.
No, I didn't fix that, sorry.  :-X

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Boylie1988

• Nooboo
« Reply #397 on: December 31, 2012, 04:01:07 PM »
Hi there. This is awesome! I'm about to start in Sunset Valley (I'm moving my Legacy family over from Twinbrook), but I have downloaded the fixes from here:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=451817

Will this cause a problem with the save?

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #398 on: December 31, 2012, 05:43:20 PM »
It shouldn't. Never tried that mod/fix myself, but it has caught my interest before. I see no reason it would break when using with SV7.0.

Offline Boylie1988

• Nooboo
« Reply #399 on: December 31, 2012, 06:44:06 PM »
Excellent! Thank you! I'll give it a go and get back to you and let you know of my experiences with it (in case anyone else wants it).

Offline Gabsiela

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #400 on: January 03, 2013, 04:35:09 PM »
Hey Naga,

I downloaded Sunset Valley 7.0 - I haven't used this town since the expansions started being released and kinda missed it. Much appreciate the effort you went to!

Anyway, when I moved my family into the new town (I copied the household into the library) somehow they are coming across themselves at school, work or just around town. Somehow the family was copied as a NP family as well? I have no idea  how this happened or how to fix it.

For instance my Law Enforcement Sim went to work and his partner is himself.

Do you - or anyone else reading this - have any suggestions?

Cheers,

Gabsiela

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #401 on: January 03, 2013, 08:18:10 PM »
Is your household composed of sims from Sunset Valley originally? If not, then I have no idea. :o

Offline Gabsiela

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #402 on: January 03, 2013, 10:01:37 PM »
Nope, it's a family that are originals. I created the parentals and then the other sims are all their offspring.  :-\

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #403 on: January 04, 2013, 12:09:48 AM »
Can't say that "the game taking a family from the bin to repopulate the town" has happened to me before. Maybe if you started another SV7.0 and put them there again... Or does this happen every time?

Offline Gabsiela

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #404 on: January 04, 2013, 12:12:31 AM »
I deleted the game because it was really frustrating. They were all friends with themselves, and their 'clones' for lack of a better word kept hitting on them.

When I try to replay Sunset Valley 7.0 I'll let you know if it happens again. For now the family is back in Moonlight Falls.

anything