Author Topic: The Kahua SimTech Dynasty Updated 7/08/19  (Read 8339 times)

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: The Kahua SimTech Dynasty Updated 7/07/19
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2019, 01:52:44 PM »
Congrats on making it to Low Tech, but oh, I'm sooooo sorry about Kini!  I had a few close calls with my founders when they changed outfits and I didn't realize it because all the outfits were the same!  That's part of the challenge, I guess, but still. 

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: The Kahua SimTech Dynasty Updated 7/08/19
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2019, 06:51:23 PM »
The next morning, our little group ventured off to the big woods. The twins saw a bear and of course, Kaipo, being the clingy one started crying.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

The bear didn't stop, he just kept walking towards the water.

There, he stopped and just stared at Holokai.

Holokai pretended he didn't see him, if it was fresh fish he was after, he would have to get his own.

After he walked away, Holokai, cast for the big catch.

After that, the family made their way back the islands of Sulani, Holokai's days were coming to an end and he wanted to make sure that his family was okay when he went.

Alani and Holokai spent plenty of "home dates" and showered each other with lots of romance. (Alani finished her Soulmate Aspiration)

The next evening Holokai was out working on his Mascot woodworkings when he all of a sudden felt different. He felt free and the winds of change were coming for him. He could hear the Island Spirits calling for him to come and join him.

The next day Lani threw herself into her yoga. It was the only way she could handle the passing of her sister and her father.

Alani took up Floral Arranging. It helped to soothe her aching heart.

Kai finally installed the handcrafted manual toilet that his father made.

Then as soon as Alani was coming in the gates from her daily security checks. The island begins to shake.

Lava flew thru the air and no one knew where it would land. Luckily after all was done, it had missed the house and just missed the stone wall.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2019, 11:03:09 PM »
Wait, does the volcano actually erupt and destroy things?!?!?  I don't have the Island expansion and it looks like I'm missing out on a lot.  Of course, my daughter just might be getting that expansion for her birthday, and I just might share an account with her...
I also don't have Seasons, and after hearing about your loss of young Kini, maybe that's not a bad thing!!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2019, 11:19:12 PM »
Wait, does the volcano actually erupt and destroy things?!?!?  I don't have the Island expansion and it looks like I'm missing out on a lot.  Of course, my daughter just might be getting that expansion for her birthday, and I just might share an account with her...
I also don't have Seasons, and after hearing about your loss of young Kini, maybe that's not a bad thing!!

Yes, it does erupt, the screen shakes and it throws this huge lava balls and when they cool, you can break them open and get different items from it. OR, you can dare to touch it and while it's hot and tempt fate. LOL

Well, if they are dressed correctly they are fine. LOL But when they have to dress for the time period or the event, it stinks.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2019, 01:52:46 AM »
@sdhoey So far have missed that and joyfully so.  I was in the air, in an airplane when Mt. St. Helen's blew.  We had to detour to Canadian air space and then back down to Oregon.  Didn't realize the big hullabaloo until we landed, THEN I got scared! Lol. 

@PeregrineTook : Give your fortunate child Island Living.  She, (and you) will love it.  Very little substantive gameplay I've heard, but everything else is great.  Re: Seasons:  Avoid it like the plague.  It is a royal pain in the keister, boluxing up gardening big time, and the weather is dreadful unless you really like rain and gloom and cold.  The only good thing about it is winter is really beautiful.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2019, 10:59:01 AM »
R.I.P.  Holokai
I really like the way you've designed and decorated your lot! Gives me some extra ideas since I think we both use the same one.
I have yet to use the volcano lot trait but it does look to be somewhat interesting!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2019, 05:56:08 PM »
R.I.P.  Holokai
I really like the way you've designed and decorated your lot! Gives me some extra ideas since I think we both use the same one.
I have yet to use the volcano lot trait but it does look to be somewhat interesting!

@kattiq Yes we use a lot of the same CC, but one page that has a lot more prehistoric CC, I can't download from because of cliklist or something. Her download way is something I am not comfortable with.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2019, 03:35:42 PM »
Great progress so far on your SimTech Dynasty!
I can imagine how having your sims running around half-nekkid could be disadvantageous in cold weather. So sorry about Kinni!

Thank you for having started this challenge! It allows me to show support for your storytelling without blaming myself for being 8 months behind in reading your "other legacy."
Best wishes on your challenge, girlfriend!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2019, 03:38:42 PM »
Great progress so far on your SimTech Dynasty!
I can imagine how having your sims running around half-nekkid could be disadvantageous in cold weather. So sorry about Kinni!

Thank you for having starting this challenge! It allows me to show support for your storytelling without blaming myself for being 8 months behind in reading your "other legacy."
Best wishes on your challenge, girlfriend!

HAHA!! I have to get back into the game and see what they have been up too. That's for reading girlfriend.  Welcome back.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: The Kahua SimTech Dynasty Updated 08/26/2020
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2020, 04:55:23 PM »
I am working a few kinks out of this one. I want to finish this up. I do have a busy school schedule so this will be my release.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2020, 04:57:21 PM »
How fantastic that you are resuming your SimTech Dynasty Challenge!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2020, 06:29:46 PM »
Good evening folks,

Well it is deep sadness that I will be moving this and all my other stories to the graveyard. My new SSD went, they replaced it and they are gonna see if they can salvage anything from it. My luck, I got the faulity one in the bunch.  Anyways, A fresh start is always good.

Shannon