Author Topic: The Sims 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu | Official Reveal Trailer  (Read 7787 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
In a galaxy far, far away, deep into the Outer Rim, the world of Batuu awaits your Sim. The Sims 4 Star Wars Journey to Batuu Game Pack is available on September 8!

The Sims 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu | Official Reveal Trailer

Article from BusinessWire with Repisentives from both Douglas Reilly, VP, Lucasfilms Games, and Scott Trowbridge, portfolio creative executive at Walt Disney Imagineering.

The Sims™ 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Game Pack

The Sims 4 site for updates:

Plot Your Course to The Sims 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu

Key Features

More Screenshots

Offline stellybelly

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu | Official Reveal Trailer
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 03:28:07 PM »
Personally, I am not a massive Star Wars fan but this looks actually interesting and different to anything we've had before in TS4. The whole influence thing reminds me of Eco Lifestyle where you can go either way. I'm glad it's not too like Strangerville. Overall it's a cool Game Pack and i'm excited to get my own Droid and Lightsaber.

Stella

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 04:00:51 PM »
I'm not a big fan either, but I like the way it looks. I do love R2D2 though, always have. As always, I will give it a chance.

Shannon

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 04:06:28 PM »
What?! No farm animals?

Thank you for sharing all the latest news with us @sdhoey :)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2020, 05:19:11 PM »
I haven't watched the trailer, but I can see a potential for me to have fun with this new pack, so I will get it. I never had a need for the game to conform to some specific idea, as some do, and like to keep an open mind.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2020, 06:09:19 PM »
My favorite game of all time was called Star Wars Galaxies. It was a sandbox MMORPG set in the time between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. They did such a good job recreating the cities on Tatooine, that I felt like I had been to them the first time I watched Phantom Menace. In a way, I had been there.

The trailer looks fabulous and I'm pretty excited for this.

FWIW, Batuu is canon - https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Batuu

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2020, 07:13:36 PM »
Well, that's about the last thing I was expecting for a pack announcement!  It certainly looks like more fun than recycling or knitting.

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2020, 09:53:11 PM »
Well, that's about the last thing I was expecting for a pack announcement!  It certainly looks like more fun than recycling or knitting.

Ouch

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2020, 02:36:31 AM »
I have mixed feelings.

I love Star Wars. I watched the original trilogy over a hundred times. Watched every Star Wars movie, and every episode of every Star Wars TV show. I read many comics, book and played many of the games. I love Star Wars.

I love The Sims. I owned every game and expansion pack. I am active in the Sims community. I love the Sims.

Now that said the worlds of the to franchises are so different. The Sims is a goofy, happy go lucky, ge about making fun of everyday life. Star Wars is an epic space cowboy odyssey with mystical knights fight with lazer swords. The worlds don't mix well. I don't see how you can do Star Wars justice in The Sims 4. I also don't see how Star Wars adds to the goofy game play that is the Sims 4. Plus I don't know if I want a twi'lek walking down the streets of Windenburg.

I am excited as I love the subject of the pack. I am also concerned the worlds of the two franchises don't mix well. I am interested, but worried at the same time.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2020, 03:18:31 AM »
I have a question. This pack has an official partner outside of EA/Maxis, in Lucasfilms. I have see info about this pack from them. So far nothing that Maxis has not also released. But the fact is they are marketing the pack and may in the future release relevant information in the future.

I know there is a rule about only posting information from official EA/Maxis sources like the SimGurus and Carl's Guides. Dealing with this pack would official Lucasfilms sources be considered an official source sharable here?

Thanks.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2020, 07:04:05 AM »
I almost didn't want to come and read this post because I've seen so many negative reactions elsewhere leading me to feel bad that I actually like the idea of this pack. I would have preferred a more generalised futuristic space pack but I am looking forward to seeing what it has to offer. The story element I am not sure about I got strangerville on sale months ago and I still haven't played the story mostly because I know exactly what happens. So I'm hoping that my Sims can actually effect any outcomes in a linear storyline rather than just exist within it.
I have seen people saying they are disappointed because they wanted better babies and a generations based pack but I think that improved babies and more family interactions should be added as an update for all players and not in a pack we have to buy.
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2020, 08:50:33 AM »
I certainly don't hate this pack. It looks beautifully made -- I will probably get it for the scenery on Batuu alone. I love the little droid, and I was happy to see there was clothing for toddlers.

But -- I'm scratching my head over how to fit this in with my regular game. I'd hoped they would go with the theme park approach, but it looks more like a dream that a Sim has. Strangerville integrated well with my game because of the town, the CAS, and the Build/Buy mode items. And the bizarre fruit reactions are appropriately goofy. I played through the story once, and I fixed it so that I can play through it again if I feel the urge. But I'm not sure that I'll feel the urge to play Star Wars once, let alone 3 different times.

I don't hate it; I will buy it; but I'm not wildly enthusiastic about it.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2020, 10:04:48 AM »
Here is Carl's video on his opinion on the game pack.

https://youtu.be/iDRcDXI-aNA

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2020, 11:04:13 AM »
Carl said a lot of what I was already thinking:  Yes, it'll probably be fun.  It's a weird fit.  Will they really contain the Star Wars stuff to Batuu?  I have a feeling I'll be seeing stormtroopers marching down the streets of Willow Creek, and my college room mates will keep insisting on wearing their alien costumes.  Your droid, which they say you'll be able to keep, will be an adapted version of a utili-bot.  Batuu will almost certainly be a destination world, I just don't see how they could make it work otherwise.  And a story line that will play through pretty quickly.  Now I do still play the Strangerville storyline, but really just because it's an aspiration I can buzz through in 2-3 sim days and get my pile of Satisfaction points.  I have a feeling it will come down to a quick trip to Batuu so my super-sim can run through that aspiration, and some really interesting Oasis Springs rebuilds on the Gallery.