Author Topic: The Sims 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu | Official Reveal Trailer  (Read 7645 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
In a galaxy far, far away, deep into the Outer Rim, the world of Batuu awaits your Sim. The Sims 4 Star Wars Journey to Batuu Game Pack is available on September 8!

The Sims 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu | Official Reveal Trailer

Article from BusinessWire with Repisentives from both Douglas Reilly, VP, Lucasfilms Games, and Scott Trowbridge, portfolio creative executive at Walt Disney Imagineering.

The Sims™ 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Game Pack

The Sims 4 site for updates:

Plot Your Course to The Sims 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu

Key Features

More Screenshots

Offline stellybelly

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu | Official Reveal Trailer
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 03:28:07 PM »
Personally, I am not a massive Star Wars fan but this looks actually interesting and different to anything we've had before in TS4. The whole influence thing reminds me of Eco Lifestyle where you can go either way. I'm glad it's not too like Strangerville. Overall it's a cool Game Pack and i'm excited to get my own Droid and Lightsaber.

Stella

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 04:00:51 PM »
I'm not a big fan either, but I like the way it looks. I do love R2D2 though, always have. As always, I will give it a chance.

Shannon

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 04:06:28 PM »
What?! No farm animals?

Thank you for sharing all the latest news with us @sdhoey :)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2020, 05:19:11 PM »
I haven't watched the trailer, but I can see a potential for me to have fun with this new pack, so I will get it. I never had a need for the game to conform to some specific idea, as some do, and like to keep an open mind.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2020, 06:09:19 PM »
My favorite game of all time was called Star Wars Galaxies. It was a sandbox MMORPG set in the time between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. They did such a good job recreating the cities on Tatooine, that I felt like I had been to them the first time I watched Phantom Menace. In a way, I had been there.

The trailer looks fabulous and I'm pretty excited for this.

FWIW, Batuu is canon - https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Batuu

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2020, 07:13:36 PM »
Well, that's about the last thing I was expecting for a pack announcement!  It certainly looks like more fun than recycling or knitting.

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2020, 09:53:11 PM »
Well, that's about the last thing I was expecting for a pack announcement!  It certainly looks like more fun than recycling or knitting.

Ouch

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2020, 02:36:31 AM »
I have mixed feelings.

I love Star Wars. I watched the original trilogy over a hundred times. Watched every Star Wars movie, and every episode of every Star Wars TV show. I read many comics, book and played many of the games. I love Star Wars.

I love The Sims. I owned every game and expansion pack. I am active in the Sims community. I love the Sims.

Now that said the worlds of the to franchises are so different. The Sims is a goofy, happy go lucky, ge about making fun of everyday life. Star Wars is an epic space cowboy odyssey with mystical knights fight with lazer swords. The worlds don't mix well. I don't see how you can do Star Wars justice in The Sims 4. I also don't see how Star Wars adds to the goofy game play that is the Sims 4. Plus I don't know if I want a twi'lek walking down the streets of Windenburg.

I am excited as I love the subject of the pack. I am also concerned the worlds of the two franchises don't mix well. I am interested, but worried at the same time.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2020, 03:18:31 AM »
I have a question. This pack has an official partner outside of EA/Maxis, in Lucasfilms. I have see info about this pack from them. So far nothing that Maxis has not also released. But the fact is they are marketing the pack and may in the future release relevant information in the future.

I know there is a rule about only posting information from official EA/Maxis sources like the SimGurus and Carl's Guides. Dealing with this pack would official Lucasfilms sources be considered an official source sharable here?

Thanks.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2020, 07:04:05 AM »
I almost didn't want to come and read this post because I've seen so many negative reactions elsewhere leading me to feel bad that I actually like the idea of this pack. I would have preferred a more generalised futuristic space pack but I am looking forward to seeing what it has to offer. The story element I am not sure about I got strangerville on sale months ago and I still haven't played the story mostly because I know exactly what happens. So I'm hoping that my Sims can actually effect any outcomes in a linear storyline rather than just exist within it.
I have seen people saying they are disappointed because they wanted better babies and a generations based pack but I think that improved babies and more family interactions should be added as an update for all players and not in a pack we have to buy.
Please follow the forum rules.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2020, 08:50:33 AM »
I certainly don't hate this pack. It looks beautifully made -- I will probably get it for the scenery on Batuu alone. I love the little droid, and I was happy to see there was clothing for toddlers.

But -- I'm scratching my head over how to fit this in with my regular game. I'd hoped they would go with the theme park approach, but it looks more like a dream that a Sim has. Strangerville integrated well with my game because of the town, the CAS, and the Build/Buy mode items. And the bizarre fruit reactions are appropriately goofy. I played through the story once, and I fixed it so that I can play through it again if I feel the urge. But I'm not sure that I'll feel the urge to play Star Wars once, let alone 3 different times.

I don't hate it; I will buy it; but I'm not wildly enthusiastic about it.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2020, 10:04:48 AM »
Here is Carl's video on his opinion on the game pack.

https://youtu.be/iDRcDXI-aNA

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2020, 11:04:13 AM »
Carl said a lot of what I was already thinking:  Yes, it'll probably be fun.  It's a weird fit.  Will they really contain the Star Wars stuff to Batuu?  I have a feeling I'll be seeing stormtroopers marching down the streets of Willow Creek, and my college room mates will keep insisting on wearing their alien costumes.  Your droid, which they say you'll be able to keep, will be an adapted version of a utili-bot.  Batuu will almost certainly be a destination world, I just don't see how they could make it work otherwise.  And a story line that will play through pretty quickly.  Now I do still play the Strangerville storyline, but really just because it's an aspiration I can buzz through in 2-3 sim days and get my pile of Satisfaction points.  I have a feeling it will come down to a quick trip to Batuu so my super-sim can run through that aspiration, and some really interesting Oasis Springs rebuilds on the Gallery.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2020, 02:38:03 PM »
I have a question. This pack has an official partner outside of EA/Maxis, in Lucasfilms. I have see info about this pack from them. So far nothing that Maxis has not also released. But the fact is they are marketing the pack and may in the future release relevant information in the future.

I know there is a rule about only posting information from official EA/Maxis sources like the SimGurus and Carl's Guides. Dealing with this pack would official Lucasfilms sources be considered an official source sharable here?

Thanks.

I read an article on The Sims™ 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Game Pack they talk to VP Lucasfilms Games and Scott Trowbridge, portfolio creative executive at Walt Disney Imagineering.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2020, 03:23:18 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/08/27/sims-4-star-wars/

A fun article from the Washington Post

Now when asked about townies and walkbys SimGuru Ninja said, "Nothing to worry about."

https://twitter.com/SimGuruNinja/status/1299149691460829184?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1299149691460829184%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.thesims.com%2Fen_US%2Fdiscussion%2F980350%2Fsw-journey-to-batuu-simguru-maxis-sourced-info

I hope they have confined Star Wars townies and outfits to it's destination world if the player doesn't drag that world home at least.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2020, 04:15:54 PM »
Now when asked about townies and walkbys SimGuru Ninja said, "Nothing to worry about."

I hope they have confined Star Wars townies and outfits to it's destination world if the player doesn't drag that world home at least.

I'll believe it when I (don't) see it!

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2020, 04:36:43 PM »

I'll believe it when I (don't) see it!
Same here. It is my biggest concern about the pack. A Storm Trooper standing guard at the beach does not sound fun.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2020, 04:47:00 PM »
So has there been anything about where this falls in the Star Wars timeline?  In TS4, there is no timeline, but for Star Wars the timeline is everything.  So to bring Kylo Ren, Rey, and the Millennium Falcon together, it's after Episode 7 but before Episode 9.  The Washington Post article calls her Rey Skywalker, but she didn't start calling herself that till the end of Episode 9.  She better not be carrying a yellow lightsaber!

Come to think of it, there is no gap between 7 and 8.  7 ends with Luke and Rey staring at each other, 8 begins with him training her.  I'm not into Star Wars enough to know what other stories have come out set between 8 and 9.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2020, 06:11:07 PM »
I haven't seen anything official yet but in the trailer at 1:07 Rey is wielding a blue lightsaber and she has the Millennium Falcon. Plus Ren is still dark side, living and his face mask is restored at 0:04 in the trailer, so i am guessing it is between 8 and 9. But I doubt this pack is cannon so the exact time isn't that important. Also the pack is based on Disney theme park attraction Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and it is after Last Jedi but before Rise of Skywalker at least for now. So while there is no official answer I seen, given the attraction it is based on, and the clues from the trailer it is placed between episodes 8 and 9 is a safe bet. @Brian_Z does that help?

Rewatching the trailer I noticed something cool, Vi Moradi gave the main protagonist of the trailer a mission to steal a Tie(:58). The it shows her doing sneaking around to do so (1:09). Withe the ship taking off at (1:11) with the Stormtrooper reacting to the theft (1:12). Maybe the ships are for more than show? Maybe we can actually steal them in a rabbithole kinda way?

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2020, 06:37:57 PM »
I bet if I look it up, I'd be amazed how much stuff has emerged to fill in the gap between 8 and 9.  But yeah, being "not canon" does make sense- Kylo's still getting his mask welded back together in Episode 9, isn't he?  Unless he's just getting some sort of upgrade done or something...

It does look like you've made off with that ship, doesn't it?  And the trailer makes it look like a dream your sim has, but like one of those dreams in movies where the protaganist wakes up and has a souvenir from it.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2020, 07:27:40 PM »
@Brian_Z you are correct. And looking closed that isn't the repaired mask. There is no time line that the trailer fits. So that means This pack is from an alternate time line like legends (pre-Disney) but not legends.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2020, 06:44:10 AM »
SimGuruNinja probably meant 'Don't worry - Star Wars is going to be everywhere you look!' ;D

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2020, 11:05:28 AM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/08/27/sims-4-star-wars/

A fun article from the Washington Post

https://twitter.com/SimGuruNinja/status/1299149691460829184?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1299149691460829184%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.thesims.com%2Fen_US%2Fdiscussion%2F980350%2Fsw-journey-to-batuu-simguru-maxis-sourced-info

Literally, that is the only way I would even consider this pack. Unlike my usual habit, I won't be buying on release day. The world is beautiful, but the Hermit and Selvadoradians already swarm my worlds once I visit those locations and I absolutely do not want Star Wars characters randomly showing up, nor do I want the clothing randomized for Townies. That said, I do love a good quest and new content, so I imagine I will buy it eventually after I see how it affects the rest of the game.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2020, 02:45:27 PM »
SimGuruNinja probably meant 'Don't worry - Star Wars is going to be everywhere you look!' ;D

@Nindigo   LOL!

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2020, 10:38:00 PM »
Has anyone heard anything about a deep dive? I been looking and I can't find anything. They only have 9 days till release. I have some concerns and seeing Windenburg stormtrooper free would increase the likelihood of them getting my money a thousand fold.

Also has anyone heard if the gamechangers are getting the packs early and going to be able to post before launch? Because until I see Windenburg and the like minus twi'leks I am not going to buy it. I love Star Wars but I don't every game tone Star Wars, if that makes sense.

Tweets have been silenced. Information is lacking on how and if this pack affects the rest of the game. Minus this info I am skipping this pack. The only tweets I have seen have regarding the trailer and the one I posted about. As pointed out saying not to worry isn't real information.

Lack of information about a pack is not a good thing for winning people over to buy the thing. Especially when the pack is so off the wall like this one.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2020, 11:33:02 PM »
I've seen a ton of negative reactions to it, but for me, I kinda like it.. I'm on the fence about getting it, on the one hand it looks cool and fun etc, but on the other, how it interacts with the rest of the game will be different.. Droids, lightsabers - pretty interesting, outfits and world look good.. I'm looking forward to seeing play throughs of the pack when it releases.

I may get it on release, or I may just wait until people delve in and play it to see if it's a pack I want immediately or just sometime in the future.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2020, 03:17:57 PM »
Is it strange to be a woman and prefer Star Wars content over bunk beds and defurniturized babies?

Anyway, I look forward to see my goofball Duane wield a lightsaber. Playing the Sims can get too serious for me when it becomes all about realism. I have the most fun when something whacky or unexpected happens. Though I do recognize that Star Wars fans are probably niche among the whole of the Sims community, I hope a sense of humor will eventually save the day. I tend not to worry too much about the thought behind new content - whether it is a cash-grab thing or something more deep. Politics don't really interest me. I'm just happy to spend money on something I feel has the potential to entertain me.

I'm not a SW fan as such, but I am fond of the universe and especially the first movies. There is also an online mmorpg that both me and my husband have played extensively some years back. Also, I believe the first SW movie aired in or around my year of birth - 1979.

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2020, 01:06:38 PM »
FWIW, there is a new trailer up on YouTube.

Looks like we can play either Resistance, First Order or .....SCOUNDREL!!!!!

Yeah, there will probably be a lot of boring missions, but I can always pretend I'm Ban Solo. Han's not as cool or successful brother. Or maybe Uncle.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2020, 02:56:48 PM »
We Have Tweets!!!!!!!!!!

When SimGuru Lyndsay was asked whose idea this pack is she replied

https://twitter.com/SimGuruLyndsay/status/1300840093985329152

When someone commented they didn't feel Star Wars was a good fit and they wanted things like improved babies, cars, more playability with teens, etc. SimGuru Lyndsay replied:

https://twitter.com/SimGuruLyndsay/status/1300847436160663552

SimGuru Frost says skin tone fixes and new skin tones are still coming this fall:

https://twitter.com/SimGuruFrost/status/1300846294487896064

SimGuru Lyndsay says the new skin tones are a work in progress but news is coming in a few weeks:

https://twitter.com/SimGuruLyndsay/status/1300840957907099648

YAY!!! Tweets!!!!

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2020, 04:19:14 PM »
Thanks, @scoed, for the additional info.

Sadly, the more I learn about this pack, the more depressed I feel. It's beautiful, and I'm sure a very faithful representation of Disney's Galaxy's Edge. But I can't see how to fit it into my usual gameplay.

A few years ago, when I first got No Man's Sky, I tried s story that merged it with the Sims, and I think if I ever go back to that, this pack would be useful, providing a starship and a starbase for my Sim to use, with No Man's Sky providing all the different planets to visit.

I'm happy for the people who are excited about it, and I can see that it might be a dream come true for some players. But I think I'll save this for some miserable day in winter when I want something new.

Offline scoed

• Watcher

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2020, 06:15:20 PM »
As soon as I saw Star Wars I knew it is not for me.

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2020, 03:38:29 AM »
Is it an instant buy?  Probably not.  But then I haven't bought eco or knitting yet either.  But I probably will add this into my collection becasue I do love Star Wars and this looks like a fun destination world.

And after all, I can't go to the bar anyways in the sims without it being bear night, or ghost night or alien night already.  What's a few Jedi amongst the vampires and wizards?
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2020, 04:43:11 AM »
I cannot relate to the overwhelming amount of negativity. I have to stay away from it, because it will bring me down. After watching the second trailer, I got even more excited while other people just got more hateful. I don't understand why. This forum feels like a refuge from the category five tornado out there. I hope it stays that way.

I'm well aware that the new installment isn't going to be perfect, but I think the idea of adding Star Wars themed content is a fun one. It might not be in tune with ordinary family play, but lots of people use The Sims for much else and so much more than just family play.

There was a Katy Perry Sweet Treats pack for TS3 back in the day. It didn't involve any new gameplay, as far as I know. Only items and objects. One could argue that it didn't belong in The Sims either, but why not just view it as a fun little optional something instead of a grave insult towards the fanchise as a whole? Why this hard focus on limitation instead of enjoying the limitless?

I will likely never know.

But back to Star Wars. Like I commented on the YouTube video, the pack looks fun and well done to me. My gamer and game-developer husband, though not a Simmer, chimed in from behind me with his agreement while playing Battlefield 5, as I was watching. I know that I can trust his jugdement, because he is fair to a fault and knows the amount of effort it takes to make even the simplest thing in a game. I just know he will be looking over my shoulder when I fire up this new pack in six days ;D

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2020, 11:58:36 AM »
I'm pretty excited about this pack. It will inevitably be disappointing over time, but it's the first pack I've been excited about in a while.

But I fully support people being negative if they don't like it. In fact, I think it would be healthy if those folks don't buy the pack.

I have played a lot of games over the years and one thing is constant. The longer a game is out, the more players find to complain about. Eventually, developers write off the criticism because players still continue to support the game by buying it. It is only when players vote with their wallet that they start to take notice.

If you are frustrated because this is not what you wanted - don't buy it. It will send a stronger message than 10000 dislikes on YouTube. If the pack crashes and burns, it might make them pay more attention to the community. I'd even extend that to Carl and other "influencers" (I hate that term). If they all boycotted the pack, it would send a very strong message to Maxis.

Having said that, I doubt any of this will happen. People will grumble and still buy it.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2020, 02:35:30 PM »
Well the Star Wars pack patch was today and well no news on a deep dive. Guess there will not be one. This sucks. I am still on the fence on getting this pack. The deep dive convinced me on the Eco pack. EA if by some long shot follow this board, this is not how you sell unpopular packs. The deep dive was a game changer for many simmers for Eco Lifestyle, it could have been here too. Then again maybe they are ashamed of this one and are hiding it. Biggest negative reaction for any sim pack for a main sim title ever, so maybe they are?

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2020, 09:00:25 PM »
Thanks for putting in these links! The side missions make the game sound a little more interesting.

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2020, 12:37:19 AM »
I cannot relate to the overwhelming amount of negativity. I have to stay away from it, because it will bring me down. After watching the second trailer, I got even more excited while other people just got more hateful. I don't understand why. This forum feels like a refuge from the category five tornado out there. I hope it stays that way.

I'm well aware that the new installment isn't going to be perfect, but I think the idea of adding Star Wars themed content is a fun one. It might not be in tune with ordinary family play, but lots of people use The Sims for much else and so much more than just family play.

There was a Katy Perry Sweet Treats pack for TS3 back in the day. It didn't involve any new gameplay, as far as I know. Only items and objects. One could argue that it didn't belong in The Sims either, but why not just view it as a fun little optional something instead of a grave insult towards the fanchise as a whole? Why this hard focus on limitation instead of enjoying the limitless?

But back to Star Wars. Like I commented on the YouTube video, the pack looks fun and well done to me. My gamer and game-developer husband, though not a Simmer, chimed in from behind me with his agreement while playing Battlefield 5, as I was watching. I know that I can trust his jugdement, because he is fair to a fault and knows the amount of effort it takes to make even the simplest thing in a game. I just know he will be looking over my shoulder when I fire up this new pack in six days ;D
Most people's hatred towards the Star Wars pack, isn't because of Star Wars itself, it's because a lot of the community feels ignored, when requests like more diverse skintones, improved babies, etc have not been prioritized. Not saying The Sims team can't experiment, but the new ''aliens'' aren't even aliens, they're basically masks and leggings. One of the biggest trademarks of Star Wars is the Force, which is pretty much non existent in this pack. With The Sims 3, at the time of Katy Perry Sweet Treats, wasn't missing huge amounts of base features, that makes The Sims, well The Sims. Not trashing anyone who likes this pack, at all, by the way, just offering some context to the Simmer rage.     

We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2020, 12:52:20 AM »

Most people's hatred towards the Star Wars pack, isn't because of Star Wars itself, it's because a lot of the community feels ignored, when requests like more diverse skintones, improved babies, etc have not been prioritized. Not saying The Sims team can't experiment, but the new ''aliens'' aren't even aliens, they're basically masks and leggings. One of the biggest trademarks of Star Wars is the Force, which is pretty much non existent in this pack. With The Sims 3, at the time of Katy Perry Sweet Treats, wasn't missing huge amounts of base features, that makes The Sims, well The Sims. Not trashing anyone who likes this pack, at all, by the way, just offering some context to the Simmer rage.     

Thing is we have confirmation skin tones are coming this year before this pack was announced. Plus lets be honest games are sold as is so every content update is something they gave us for free. True, the bug are a legit grip as packs should work on release. I just don't get the anger over lacking free stuff. Some of which we know are coming and knew was coming before this anger. Yes I want improved babies. But honestly it isn't like I am owed them. It is like everyone is thinking every pack should be for them and stuff never promised should come because they want it and come for free. Sounds unrealistic to me. I get not wanting a Star Wars pack, but the hate is unreal. I haven't made up my mind on this pack but I honestly don't understand the hate and the personal attacks I have seen on twitter and elsewhere. 

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2020, 03:49:06 PM »
Let's try and stay on topic, friends 8) I liked the trailers and will get the pack on Tuesday, and then I'll learn if I like it or not. In any case, it's hard to know without at least giving it a try. Might be pleasantly surprised, it does happen. Might not, but meh. Not every ticket yields a prize. Better luck next time in that case.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2020, 04:48:18 PM »
OK, Lets get back on topic. I watched several reviews, all negative. I watched build/buy reviews and while the reviewers weren't impressed I was and seen several items I want. I watched several mostly negative reviews, and I mostly concur most looked too Star Wars specific to use in non Star Wars play. I watched a few lets play and the game play looked shallow useless outside of Batuu. So for me it is coming down to a few build/buy items and my Sims completion addiction versus $20, my fear of pack bleed through and the guarantee of the pack being buggy. After all it is a Sims pack and they always come with bugs. My addiction is strong. My love of Star Wars is also strong. I know in my heart of hearts I will be getting it sooner or later. I will be honest part of me wants to not get it. All the reviews say the same thing that I have watched, this is a poor offering lacking depth of game play. But I am still wanting it because I am a Sims addict plus a Star Wars fan and am struggling to say "NO". Is there rehab group for Sim addicts out there? I think I may have a problem.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2020, 12:53:31 PM »
Good afternoon folks,

I hope you all are having a good Sunday afternoon and are staying happy and safe this holiday weekend. Please let's stay on topic with thread. Please keep the chatter about the game pack it's self and not about anything else.

Also remember the forum rules on posting Forum Rules If you have have a problem with the game play, take it to the official Forums please.

Thank you and have a good day

Shannon

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2020, 04:31:24 PM »
OK, I am going to buy the pack, despite lacking official information and mostly disappointing lets plays and reviews, because I am addicted to this silly game. OK it appears droids that do little outside of Batuu and light sabers that most sims apparently don't have are the most integrated features. Those of you buying this pack, how are you going to incorporate them into your regular non Batuu play? I am trying to figure out why my Vamps and casters would be running around with do little droids and laxer swords off world. Please share any story ideas. 9 hour before launch and I am lacking play ideas. Thanks.

@sdhoey sorry for posting things off topic and a bit out of the posting rules. I will do better in the future.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2020, 05:01:20 PM »
@scoed I'll likely have an R2 unit cleaning my house.  Maybe some saves will have a Star Wars themed Newcrest build.  The new items will likely make some fun parks.  But unless I get my hands on the pack and see that there's actually more I can do with it, Batuu will be a self-contained getaway and I probably won't do any more with the content than I already do with the existing Star Wars content-- which would be absolutely nothing, I forget it's even a thing except for when I visit GeekCon.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2020, 12:03:57 AM »
I have started to play with it. It will take me some time to learn everything. Obviously, a lot of effort has gone into the design of Batuu. It looks really good, and it does cater to folks who like Star Wars and the sort. My Sim has only just started with missions. The first things to do on Batuu are introductionairy which is good. The way things work are not groundbreaking and reminds one of features already existing, but it speaks more to the limitation of the Sims 4 engine, rather than a lack of imagination and inspiration on the developers' part. That is my assessment anyway. It is obvious to me that only so much can be done with what they have. So far, I have run into some slight issues, but nothing major. The fact that aliens are regular Sims in costumes doesn't bother me at all, I am a forgiving person. All those different aliens would have been a big undertaking to create seperately.

For now, I don't plan on turning the rest of the game into a Star Wars universe, but I will try to create a cantina somewhere. I don't have need of forest or jungle in other locations than Granite Falls and Selvadorada. A cool thing about Batuu is that, while it is a destination world, you aren't forced to go home after a time. There is no choosing a number of days to stay. You just arrive and go home when you like. But things do work differently there and are not a whole lot different from, say, Granite Falls. Some buildings can be considered a tent and bathroom, and stores. Your items and Simoleons remain at home and you get a new inventory for Batuu use.

I'm not at all sorry that I got it. It's just another content pack along with the rest :)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2020, 02:22:05 PM »
I've played until I got to level 3 with the scoundrels, and level 2 with the Resistance.  This pack definitely has a lot of replay value!  It is a bit disappointing that a lot of buildings are rabbitholes when you visit them, along with any trips you take in a ship-- I flew an X-Wing mission, and a couple of runs in the Millennium Falcon.
Casters only get to use certain spells on Batuu- I was able to conjure food, but I couldn't Scruberoo myself, and couldn't Transportalate anywhere.  And I couldn't freeze or Morphiate the stormtroopers, so I had to be careful who was around when I did certain things, and use my droid once I got one to shock or distract any First Order personnel.
You leave your normal inventory behind when you visit.  This could be very important to know for users of certain mods, who may want to adjust certain settings for the duration of their visit!