Author Topic: The Sims 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu | Official Reveal Trailer  (Read 7775 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu | Official Reveal Trailer
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2020, 02:56:48 PM »
We Have Tweets!!!!!!!!!!

When SimGuru Lyndsay was asked whose idea this pack is she replied

https://twitter.com/SimGuruLyndsay/status/1300840093985329152

When someone commented they didn't feel Star Wars was a good fit and they wanted things like improved babies, cars, more playability with teens, etc. SimGuru Lyndsay replied:

https://twitter.com/SimGuruLyndsay/status/1300847436160663552

SimGuru Frost says skin tone fixes and new skin tones are still coming this fall:

https://twitter.com/SimGuruFrost/status/1300846294487896064

SimGuru Lyndsay says the new skin tones are a work in progress but news is coming in a few weeks:

https://twitter.com/SimGuruLyndsay/status/1300840957907099648

YAY!!! Tweets!!!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2020, 04:19:14 PM »
Thanks, @scoed, for the additional info.

Sadly, the more I learn about this pack, the more depressed I feel. It's beautiful, and I'm sure a very faithful representation of Disney's Galaxy's Edge. But I can't see how to fit it into my usual gameplay.

A few years ago, when I first got No Man's Sky, I tried s story that merged it with the Sims, and I think if I ever go back to that, this pack would be useful, providing a starship and a starbase for my Sim to use, with No Man's Sky providing all the different planets to visit.

I'm happy for the people who are excited about it, and I can see that it might be a dream come true for some players. But I think I'll save this for some miserable day in winter when I want something new.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline scoed

• Watcher

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2020, 06:15:20 PM »
As soon as I saw Star Wars I knew it is not for me.

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2020, 03:38:29 AM »
Is it an instant buy?  Probably not.  But then I haven't bought eco or knitting yet either.  But I probably will add this into my collection becasue I do love Star Wars and this looks like a fun destination world.

And after all, I can't go to the bar anyways in the sims without it being bear night, or ghost night or alien night already.  What's a few Jedi amongst the vampires and wizards?
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2020, 04:43:11 AM »
I cannot relate to the overwhelming amount of negativity. I have to stay away from it, because it will bring me down. After watching the second trailer, I got even more excited while other people just got more hateful. I don't understand why. This forum feels like a refuge from the category five tornado out there. I hope it stays that way.

I'm well aware that the new installment isn't going to be perfect, but I think the idea of adding Star Wars themed content is a fun one. It might not be in tune with ordinary family play, but lots of people use The Sims for much else and so much more than just family play.

There was a Katy Perry Sweet Treats pack for TS3 back in the day. It didn't involve any new gameplay, as far as I know. Only items and objects. One could argue that it didn't belong in The Sims either, but why not just view it as a fun little optional something instead of a grave insult towards the fanchise as a whole? Why this hard focus on limitation instead of enjoying the limitless?

I will likely never know.

But back to Star Wars. Like I commented on the YouTube video, the pack looks fun and well done to me. My gamer and game-developer husband, though not a Simmer, chimed in from behind me with his agreement while playing Battlefield 5, as I was watching. I know that I can trust his jugdement, because he is fair to a fault and knows the amount of effort it takes to make even the simplest thing in a game. I just know he will be looking over my shoulder when I fire up this new pack in six days ;D
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2020, 11:58:36 AM »
I'm pretty excited about this pack. It will inevitably be disappointing over time, but it's the first pack I've been excited about in a while.

But I fully support people being negative if they don't like it. In fact, I think it would be healthy if those folks don't buy the pack.

I have played a lot of games over the years and one thing is constant. The longer a game is out, the more players find to complain about. Eventually, developers write off the criticism because players still continue to support the game by buying it. It is only when players vote with their wallet that they start to take notice.

If you are frustrated because this is not what you wanted - don't buy it. It will send a stronger message than 10000 dislikes on YouTube. If the pack crashes and burns, it might make them pay more attention to the community. I'd even extend that to Carl and other "influencers" (I hate that term). If they all boycotted the pack, it would send a very strong message to Maxis.

Having said that, I doubt any of this will happen. People will grumble and still buy it.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2020, 02:35:30 PM »
Well the Star Wars pack patch was today and well no news on a deep dive. Guess there will not be one. This sucks. I am still on the fence on getting this pack. The deep dive convinced me on the Eco pack. EA if by some long shot follow this board, this is not how you sell unpopular packs. The deep dive was a game changer for many simmers for Eco Lifestyle, it could have been here too. Then again maybe they are ashamed of this one and are hiding it. Biggest negative reaction for any sim pack for a main sim title ever, so maybe they are?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2020, 09:00:25 PM »
Thanks for putting in these links! The side missions make the game sound a little more interesting.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2020, 12:37:19 AM »
I cannot relate to the overwhelming amount of negativity. I have to stay away from it, because it will bring me down. After watching the second trailer, I got even more excited while other people just got more hateful. I don't understand why. This forum feels like a refuge from the category five tornado out there. I hope it stays that way.

I'm well aware that the new installment isn't going to be perfect, but I think the idea of adding Star Wars themed content is a fun one. It might not be in tune with ordinary family play, but lots of people use The Sims for much else and so much more than just family play.

There was a Katy Perry Sweet Treats pack for TS3 back in the day. It didn't involve any new gameplay, as far as I know. Only items and objects. One could argue that it didn't belong in The Sims either, but why not just view it as a fun little optional something instead of a grave insult towards the fanchise as a whole? Why this hard focus on limitation instead of enjoying the limitless?

But back to Star Wars. Like I commented on the YouTube video, the pack looks fun and well done to me. My gamer and game-developer husband, though not a Simmer, chimed in from behind me with his agreement while playing Battlefield 5, as I was watching. I know that I can trust his jugdement, because he is fair to a fault and knows the amount of effort it takes to make even the simplest thing in a game. I just know he will be looking over my shoulder when I fire up this new pack in six days ;D
Most people's hatred towards the Star Wars pack, isn't because of Star Wars itself, it's because a lot of the community feels ignored, when requests like more diverse skintones, improved babies, etc have not been prioritized. Not saying The Sims team can't experiment, but the new ''aliens'' aren't even aliens, they're basically masks and leggings. One of the biggest trademarks of Star Wars is the Force, which is pretty much non existent in this pack. With The Sims 3, at the time of Katy Perry Sweet Treats, wasn't missing huge amounts of base features, that makes The Sims, well The Sims. Not trashing anyone who likes this pack, at all, by the way, just offering some context to the Simmer rage.     

We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2020, 12:52:20 AM »

Most people's hatred towards the Star Wars pack, isn't because of Star Wars itself, it's because a lot of the community feels ignored, when requests like more diverse skintones, improved babies, etc have not been prioritized. Not saying The Sims team can't experiment, but the new ''aliens'' aren't even aliens, they're basically masks and leggings. One of the biggest trademarks of Star Wars is the Force, which is pretty much non existent in this pack. With The Sims 3, at the time of Katy Perry Sweet Treats, wasn't missing huge amounts of base features, that makes The Sims, well The Sims. Not trashing anyone who likes this pack, at all, by the way, just offering some context to the Simmer rage.     

Thing is we have confirmation skin tones are coming this year before this pack was announced. Plus lets be honest games are sold as is so every content update is something they gave us for free. True, the bug are a legit grip as packs should work on release. I just don't get the anger over lacking free stuff. Some of which we know are coming and knew was coming before this anger. Yes I want improved babies. But honestly it isn't like I am owed them. It is like everyone is thinking every pack should be for them and stuff never promised should come because they want it and come for free. Sounds unrealistic to me. I get not wanting a Star Wars pack, but the hate is unreal. I haven't made up my mind on this pack but I honestly don't understand the hate and the personal attacks I have seen on twitter and elsewhere. 

anything