Author Topic: Game saves  (Read 1175 times)

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
Game saves
« on: October 07, 2020, 12:40:03 PM »
Hello,

I know that there are several topics for game-saving in Sims 3.  I have a question that may or may not have been answered previously.

There are times when I do several in-game saves, especially if I've been playing for a while and don't want to lose anything if an "accident" happens (power outage or some freak occurrence).  But I know that constant saves can slow down game performance.  Is it ok to go into the town's folder (for example:  ....The Sims 3>Saves>Bridgeport.sims3) and delete all files that don't have a current date?  And I am also assuming that it is ok to delete the town backup file.  Please advise.  Thanks. 

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Game saves
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 12:51:21 PM »
I would not touch the files within saves. There is the Save Cleaner tool by Kuree which knows what can be safely be cleaned up, but I would use that only at your own risk (so back up the save first!) File bloat would happen no matter how many saves you backed up or how few. I do move stuff out of my Saves folder pretty frequently though, for cleanliness and load times.

The sims3.backup folders are fine to delete though, as long as you don't foresee a need for that backup.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 01:50:48 PM »
I am in agreement with Trip, in that do not touch any of the files with in your Bridgeport.sims 3 folder.  It could severely damage the save.

However, if you have any Bridgeport.sims3.backup or Bridgeport.sims3.bad. It's safe to delete those.

I have a habit of using Save As, type in a name. Such as SV-LW02. I do this for every play session. After I am done playing and have exited the game I move the save file to a folder outside of the Electronic Arts/Sims 3 folder.

A note on Kuree's Save Cleaner tool, like Trip mentioned use at your own risk. Back your saves up first. As the program (Save Cleaner V2.2) has been known to make save files crash and become un-usable.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 02:31:09 PM »
Very helpful info!  Thanks to you both!

anything