Author Topic: Additional Boxes of Mystery  (Read 1580 times)

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
Additional Boxes of Mystery
« on: October 21, 2020, 07:03:39 PM »
Hello,

Back in February 2019, I had written about this issue.  But I am guessing that there has not been a solution for this since then.

In playing the Magician career, multiple boxes of mystery would appear in the Sim's inventory.  I still am unable to delete them or cash them in for simoleans.  Because of the large number of boxes, I would think this slows down the game flow.  Would any cheats work for removing them?

Skip

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Additional Boxes of Mystery
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 08:35:42 PM »
Can you remove them out of your Sim's personal inventory by the hand grabber? - Mouse over item and grab, then pull to the sell box? or maybe to the ground?

If you're able to pull them out of the Sims personal inventory, try Deleting the object? - This needs to be done with testingcheatsenabled on. Shift-click on object and select Delete it.

Click image to view larger image.

Forgive the example I don't have anyone that's a magician, so I grabbed a few things to put in my Sims inventory.

If you have Nraas MasterController installed you can use it to delete things out of your Sims Inventory.

Click an empty spot on your home lot > Nraas > MasterController > Object Stats > Inventory.

Click the items you want deleted and select the check mark to accept.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 12:11:55 AM »
Thanks, Mrs Flynn.  I'll try those suggestions and see if one of them works.  I'll let you know if it does.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 10:20:22 PM »
I'm currently playing a retired magician and the box of mystery cannot be removed from his inventory with any non-modded method. At least they haven't multiplied. I'm hoping it doesn't transfer to his son when he dies.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 11:12:51 PM »
Thanks KRae for the confirmation that the boxes can't be removed using regular methods.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 03:54:45 PM »
I think it's meant to be that way, like the forever portfolio that the architect carries. His son did not inherit it, by the way.

anything