Author Topic: Owned Businesses and Moving to New Towns  (Read 5869 times)

Offline StuckInPastTimes

• Nooboo
Owned Businesses and Moving to New Towns
« on: October 23, 2013, 04:42:02 PM »
Is it possible to still manage purchased buildings (meaning the Hospital, Science Lab, etc.) from a different town?  My Legacy family owns about half of Bridgeport, but I'm so tired of the town, especially with how long it takes to get anywhere, and I'm thinking I may move later generations to a different town with a bigger lot.  But I don't want to lose the thousands of dollars I earn and used to purchase all the buildings.
Thanks!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Owned Businesses and Moving to New Towns
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 06:19:39 PM »
I think when you move the properties are automatically sold and the simoleons go into your family funds. I'm playing in Bridgeport now in my 4x4 dynasty, and one of the requirements is buying and upgrading all buildings and properties. Wow, there's a lot of them. I have 3 to go. I can understand your concern over losing all that money.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 06:25:58 PM »
Sadly, the answer is NO.  Moving to a new town equals starting a new game .

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 06:41:02 PM »
Yes, when you move via the phone option, you lose the relationships in the old town, but your family keeps its funds, skill levels, personal and family inventory. You also lose any promised wishes and opportunities. I've moved towns a lot.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 08:27:59 AM »
Before moving to a different town sell off any businesses that you own first and that will about give you enough money to buy them back in the new town.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

anything