Author Topic: Best jobs for the level 10 rewards.  (Read 34970 times)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: Best jobs for the level 10 rewards.
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 01:23:19 AM »
No way. At least not for me. That fridge is the uber fridge of all time. Combine that with a lvl 10 Natural Cook and everything you make turns out Perfect. Far more helpful and long lasting than those other moodlets. And when you're talking about the family chef who cooks for a family and they get the benefit of Perfect meals, forget it...the fridge is king. I bet I know the answer for a lot of Tournament players right now which lvl 10 reward they think is the best. ;)

I didn't know that. Wow, that would have helped with the first challenge - I just sold it! hahaha.

Offline MasterSiwel

• Occult
  • Family Man
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 03:38:06 AM »
Wow. Obviously, with ingredients that's nothing special since any fridge can boast that — but prepared meals? Too cool. I did not know that.

I think it was somewhere in the guide, and if not there I think I saw it near the wiki. Either way, I knew there was something like that somewhere.
"Go home and be a family man!"
-Guile

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

banded

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 04:55:35 AM »
The reason I love that fridge so much is not really for the quality improvement, as my sim can cook perfect stuff even if you give him a rotten egg, a dead bird, flint and tinder. I like it because it never allows the stuff stored in it to lose quality.

wow, I didn't know that either, in that case I would have to say i'm much more impressed with the fridge now

em1993

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 09:37:59 AM »
I got my minus kelvin fridge during generation 2 of my legacy challenge, and my gen 3 heir had the culinary librarian LTW, so she spent all her time making perfect meals. Fast forward to gen 7, and we still have enough meals to last us until gen 9 stored in the fridge. So yeah, that's gotta be my favourite reward so far. Still haven't actually done the stylist career yet though, so perhaps I should withhold my judgement.

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 10:37:23 AM »
I am thinking that this fridge could be very useful to my dynasty family....

Leto85

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2011, 11:22:10 AM »
My opinion floats somewhere between Naga's and Metro's opinion. The fridge is absolutely awesome, but the science upgrade is wonderfull too. It makes you possible to suround a baby or toddler with moodlet friendly items to force the moodbar skyhigh, which otherwise isn't possible.
Also, a sientifically upgraded master fridge is also a must have.

Tsja, just combine those two I think. Be aware that you don't accidentially delete the fridge while upgrading it, haha!

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2011, 12:08:24 PM »
Be aware that you don't accidentially delete the fridge while upgrading it, haha!

One of the reasons I got two of them! You can get as many as you want, you just need to make your sim quit the career after he/she gets it, join the career again, and fetch that promotion.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2011, 04:19:50 PM »
The reason I love that fridge so much is not really for the quality improvement, as my sim can cook perfect stuff even if you give him a rotten egg, a dead bird, flint and tinder. I like it because it never allows the stuff stored in it to lose quality.

The food never looses quality? I didn't even know it would normally lose quality at all. It will rot, yes, after you've leave it outside a fridge but that is just normal.

Btw, that fox moodlet, it only works with the sim who got that object, and not with other sims of the family? That was what I've always thought.

I think I will add both items to my next house entry room. Sims will enter and leave the house through the kitchen to make the most out of the fridgy moodlet. Also the fox statue will be placed right in the centre of the room, so sims can use it as a last option before heading downtown.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2011, 04:51:04 PM »
The food never looses quality? I didn't even know it would normally lose quality at all. It will rot, yes, after you've leave it outside a fridge but that is just normal.

Leftovers will eventually spoil when stored in the other fridges.  The cheaper the fridge, the faster things will spoil.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Leto85

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2011, 05:04:20 PM »
Leftovers will eventually spoil when stored in the other fridges.  The cheaper the fridge, the faster things will spoil.

Spoil, that is correct. But that is another thing than loosing quality right? It simply can't goes back from being Perfect to Outstanding all the way back to Bad quality. Not that I've mentioned it actually.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2011, 05:30:40 PM »
Spoil, that is correct. But that is another thing than loosing quality right? It simply can't goes back from being Perfect to Outstanding all the way back to Bad quality. Not that I've mentioned it actually.

I'm pretty sure what Naga meant when he originally said the fridge allows food to not lose quality is the same as the food not spoiling. So, it's one and the same, Leto.

Leto85

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2011, 05:38:41 PM »
I'm pretty sure what Naga meant when he originally said the fridge allows food to not lose quality is the same as the food not spoiling. So, it's one and the same, Leto.

And I still disagree.
Spoiling and quality are two different things. A perfect made lobster can spoil too while still remaining having it's perfect quality. Quality never drops. Eating the dish only made your sim feel sick.
But I think we're heading offtopic here.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2011, 06:10:02 PM »
The fridge rules!  Alpha, my Dynasty Founder, was a natural cook/5-star chef.  To complete all his cooking challenges I stocked that fridge to the brim.  6 generations later they were still eating the food he cooked at the very beginning of my game.

Pretty sure there isn't a better reward than that!

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2011, 06:46:32 PM »

That is correct, I did mean the food won't spoil while in the special fridge. Leto is still correct on saying that spoiling and quality-loss isn't the same.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2011, 07:19:41 PM »
That is correct, I did mean the food won't spoil while in the special fridge. Leto is still correct on saying that spoiling and quality-loss isn't the same.

Oh, yeah...obviously. I was just guessing that you lumped them together.

anything