Author Topic: Added a sim to my household that is already in University.  (Read 3054 times)

Offline B3CP0

• Nooboo
Added a sim to my household that is already in University.
« on: April 08, 2021, 04:43:56 AM »
So basically I added a sim to my household in Sims 4. My sim is already in Uni and the other sim is not enrolled in uni so I enrolled them as well. My main sim is moving to a different dorm housing then the other sim because my main sim is taking another term. But every time I click off the packing up thing it just takes me back to this thing that tells me that my main sims is moving to another dorm house and then it goes back to the packing up thing. I how do I get rid of this and have them move at the same time while one is in a different dorm. Cause i thought about taking the other sim outta the household and then adding them in but that could mess something up or not. Please help!

Screenshot 2021-04-08 013909.jpg

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
Re: Added a sim to my household that is already in University.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 01:35:22 PM »
I don't think two sims from the same household can live in separate places, if I understand what you are asking.  It sounds like you are trying to move both active sims to separate dorms while controlling both.  You have to follow one or the other - so you have to split the household.  You can't control both sims while they live in separate dorms or houses while in uni.  If they are both going to uni, they have to live in the same place.  Same thing if you have a family living in a normal house and one sim moves to a dorm.  You have to go with the student in uni and cannot control the main household until the student finishes uni and move home. 

Admittedly, I have only sent a couple of sims to uni, but they have always lived at home.  I haven't ever moved anyone into a dorm because of the loss of control of the main household.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Added a sim to my household that is already in University.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 01:35:16 AM »
Can you recover the previous save?  That's all I can think of to undo what you have happening here.  When you enroll for your next term, all you have to do is choose the same dorm you're already in, and nothing has to change.  There's no need to move for each new term, and you'll even keep your same bed you've already claimed.  The only time you HAVE to move is when you've graduated.  And if that's what's actually happened here, then have her pick a new place to live, anywhere it doesn't matter, and then go to a computer and enroll for a new degree.  Then move her back into the same dorm as her new household member.

anything