Author Topic: The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay PART 1 COMPLETED  (Read 61798 times)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Re: The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2011, 05:36:01 AM »
We're back at the farm with the Bernard family.

Yves ad Elaine have been calling their baby daughter a nickname ever since she was born: Strawberry, and it's stuck so much that they've decided to make Strawberry her real name, and Joy her middle name. Elaine has a whole plan of names for what she hopes will be many children.

The garden (farm) is doing well, and they've earned enough to invest in a new oven, and sprinklers. Yves is continuing with his nectar-making, and has reach level 5 in his nectar career. He usually just throws whatever fruit comes to hand into the bucket and sees what comes out of it. Sometimes the nectar is good, sometimes not, but either way he calls it "Bernard #?" and sells it at the consignment store. Yves was already good at nectar-making before he married Elaine, and his hard work since then has brought him to the top of the nectar-making skill. He receives a plaque in the mail to prove it.

Elaine and her father Norman work hard in the garden, and sell the vegetables to earn some money - the fruit they give to Yves. They've both reached level 4 in the gardening career. With the gardening going well, Norman has the time to upgrade the sprinklers to automatic. He knows he won't live forever, and he wants to leave his family with as much help as he can.

Meanwhile, Elaine is working on the next addition to the family, and Yves is excited to be a father again. They welcome into the family their second daughter, Raspberry.

Everyone takes it in turn to look after young Strawberry. They celebrate her birthday, and she grows up into a cute toddler. They do up her room with cute decorations, and dress her up in farm-style clothes. Her parents and grandpa begin teaching her to talk, walk, and use the potty. Soon she'll have grown enough to help out in the garden...

...next will be the Greenwood family.
p.s. like the teddys in the last shot? decorating them is fun :)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2011, 05:48:49 AM »
Raspberry and Strawberry!  :D Let me guess Blueberry and Blackberry will be next!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2011, 05:53:57 AM »
How ever did you guess? :P I have another 4 in mind actually, but yes Blueberry and Blackberry are among them :)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2011, 01:57:43 PM »
Welcome little Raspberry! Strawberry is so cute, I love Elaine's hair colour when it gets passed down. *Missing my first Dynasty*
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2011, 02:01:28 PM »
Where is Elaine from? I can't remember. Welcome to Raspberry! Haha we both used that Ducks pattern made by Gheez on Toddlers!  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2011, 02:25:49 PM »
Elaine and her dad, Norman Joy, are from Riverview.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2011, 03:43:20 PM »
Elaine and her dad, Norman Joy, are from Riverview.

Thanks Lily!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2011, 08:57:09 PM »
I am really enjoying theese great updates, pally!
Keep up the good work :)
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2011, 03:05:01 AM »
Now we're with the Greenwood family. They are just as happy and eco-friendly as usual. They like doing things as a family, like playing gnubb in the front yard. The girls (Jade & Emerald) help out around the house, and it's a good thing too because their parents (Holly and Oliver) struggle to juggle work, garden, baby Topaz and the cleaning & laundry. Finally, they decide to hire a maid.
Holly is keeping up with her work, and twice now she's refused to take money illegally from the campaign fund. Sometimes she finds herself wishing for things like a TV or hot tub, but she's tough with herself and reminds herself of her desire to help the planet.
Oliver is working hard at the grocery store, and finds himself promoted to "Blue Light Special Designator". He's not sure how he's going to go designing specials; up to now all he's done is sell veggies.
Jade is keeping up her fitness, and keeping in touch with her friends. Her best friend is Serena Abe, who lives just around the corner.
Emerald is doing her usual scrounging in the junk yard for recyclable scrap. Her new best friend is her bike, that she's named Betsy.

And it's time for Emerald's birthday. She throws a party on a whim and invites the few kids she knows. Meanwhile her sister and parents invite their own friends, so it turns into quite a party. The adults played gnubb while the teens danced and the kids ate cake.

Emerald decides it's time for a new hairdo. She goes for something really out there - she wants to be different.

As for her clothes, Emerald has developed a new love of Op-shopping. She enjoys going to the second hand charity shops for her outfits, and she likes having her peers stare at her because of her bland and outdated clothes.

And lets not forget little Topaz. He's grown up into a toddler, and wears the best hemp toddler clothes his mum could find. He enjoys playing with his blocks, and his parents have no idea where he got that hair colour from.

...up next is the Malifa family.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2011, 03:29:41 AM »
Happy Birthday Emerald! Little Topaz is adorable.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2011, 04:10:14 AM »
Happy Birthday Emerald! Topaz and Emerald look great!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2011, 04:19:44 AM »
Topaz has the most beautiful blue eyes, and Emerald looks great as a teen. They are a very nice little family :)
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2011, 01:50:47 AM »
Sorry it's taken me so long to update! I had a head cold for ages (still have it actually) and was really busy with tafe. But I have 3 families for you today. Keep in mind that I completed the first two before I got Generations.

We've rejoined the Malifa family, and there are lots of changes afoot! Buzz seems to have coped with the loss of his wife by quickly moving on. Local minor celebrity Lala Angelista caught his eye, and the two of them leapt into a whirlwind romance, right in front of Marcus. Buzz planned a huge wedding at the local dance club, with a celebrity guest list, but Lala, wanting to have some fun, didn't turn up until the last moment, and in her sports gear. They exchanged vows in the dim multi-coloured light in front of the remainder of the guest list. Meanwhile Marcus was at home looking after his baby sister.

Buzz and Lala decided to move to a posher house, and chose a uniquely designed house with a view of the beach (thanks lilygirl). Unfortunately they were not as rich as they dreamed, and couldn't afford a lot of the furniture. They took pictures so they can restore it when they can afford to. Lala set up her 2nd hand computer in the kitchen, and Buzz took to eating on the toilet. They didn't forget little Catalina, and made her her own room upstairs.

It was time for Catalina's birthday and all of her new family had their say in her makeover: Buzz chose the first baby outfit he came across (he hates shopping), Marcus had fun with her hair, and Lala couldn't resist plucking her little eyebrows. Despite Marcus' fears, both his father and his stepmother took care of Catalina.

Buzz has decided that his big dream is to be super popular, and have 20 friends. He's earned more celebrity points, and now has 4 stars. Yet he's so childlike that Lala caught him playing with Catalina's doll house.
Lala is writing her latest drama novel “Stepmom”, and is at writing level 5. She sold her car to pay for some furniture, and earned $1000 from a friend at city hall for increasing her charisma. She took Buzz to Roxie Lin's party, and greatly enjoyed their hot tub.
Marcus is now at level 3 at drums. His best friend at school is Laurel Grisby, but he is most attracted to the other celeb teen in the Bay, Serena Abe. Wooing her proved difficult. He took her to the bistro for lunch, (and got a $19 discount for being a celebrity), and saw a movie with her. Yet she still rejected his first kiss. But Marcus didn't give up, and finally he scored a wonderful kiss, and asked her to be his girlfriend. He celebrated by playing the drums outside the theatre. And to top it all off, he's decided he wants the lifestyle of the rich and famous, and has gone up to 3 celebrity stars.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2011, 01:58:03 AM »
It's so nice to see your story back up and running, Pally! Congrats on the wedding, the gorgeous nooboo, and the seemingly well-adjusted Marcus.

Thanks for using one of my houses! Do you happen to have more pictures of the house, I'd love to see what you've done with my Blushing Elegance lot. A PM would be great so I don't drag this off topic.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2011, 02:31:29 AM »
The first matter to tackle with the Crumplebottom is the aforementioned butler. As you can tell by the following pics, he's made a real mess of things. Leighton finally had enough, and fired Chad the butler, then everyone helped clean up the house and the yard. They even remove the butler's room, not wanting to try with another butler (I also removed the awful chimney as I discovered how)

The next big event is the Bay's first natural passing. Grandma Yumi had just finished teaching her youngest grandchild to talk when grim came to take her to the afterlife. Everyone was very upset, even Agnes. They made a lovely spot for her grave surrounded by flowers, and found comfort in mourning. And as the parents tell their children, Yumi is still around, in some form.

Now that Sam is finally old enough to drive, his dad and stepmom give him his first car. Being the richest family in the Bay, it's certainly not a cheap car. The family has their first gnome, which was sent to them from China, and have started a nectar collection. Leighton has been doing some wonderful designs on the drawing table, and has been establishing himself as an architect. He redid the McGraw's master bedroom (shot below), as well as the Windsoar loungeroom, and Laurel Grisby's basement sculpture room. He received small bonuses for all these designs, and saves his clients some money. He reaches Architectural career level 4 for his hard work. In his spair time he teaches Ingrid to walk, and donates to world peace.
Agnes practices for her band, The Barnacles, and invites Roxie Lin to join. She earns her first celebrity star for giving a painting to Blair, and also plays Bass for peace with aliens. And between all this she teaches Ingrid to use the potty.

Sam is studying hard, because he loves school. One day he wants to join the science career and eventually be a Creature-Robot Cross Breeder. He is trying hard to pursue a love interest, but Laurel Grisby always seems to be fed up with him quickly when invited over, and leaves abruptly. Will their love ever flourish?
Sam finds time to help his little sister, Patricia, with her homework, and Patricia in turn spends time with the youngest member of the family, Ingrid. Patricia is also working hard at school, and even stays behind one day to help clean up. She begins to prepare her room for Ingrid's birthday.

And finally it is time for Ingrid to grow up. This little girl now has the Exciteable trait, and has her mother's hair, and loves the colour blue and puppies.

Below is their new room with desks for homework and their new bed covers.

Patricia likes Ingrid's dress and pajamas so much that she must have her own in pink. When Leighton ages up, he decides it's time for a change too. Do you like his new hairstyle?
We leave the Crumplebottom family with a last look at their latest works of art – Leighton's architectural drawings, and Agnes' beautiful painting.