Author Topic: The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay PART 1 COMPLETED  (Read 34884 times)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2011, 04:10:14 AM »
Happy Birthday Emerald! Topaz and Emerald look great!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2011, 04:19:44 AM »
Topaz has the most beautiful blue eyes, and Emerald looks great as a teen. They are a very nice little family :)
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2011, 01:50:47 AM »
Sorry it's taken me so long to update! I had a head cold for ages (still have it actually) and was really busy with tafe. But I have 3 families for you today. Keep in mind that I completed the first two before I got Generations.

We've rejoined the Malifa family, and there are lots of changes afoot! Buzz seems to have coped with the loss of his wife by quickly moving on. Local minor celebrity Lala Angelista caught his eye, and the two of them leapt into a whirlwind romance, right in front of Marcus. Buzz planned a huge wedding at the local dance club, with a celebrity guest list, but Lala, wanting to have some fun, didn't turn up until the last moment, and in her sports gear. They exchanged vows in the dim multi-coloured light in front of the remainder of the guest list. Meanwhile Marcus was at home looking after his baby sister.

Buzz and Lala decided to move to a posher house, and chose a uniquely designed house with a view of the beach (thanks lilygirl). Unfortunately they were not as rich as they dreamed, and couldn't afford a lot of the furniture. They took pictures so they can restore it when they can afford to. Lala set up her 2nd hand computer in the kitchen, and Buzz took to eating on the toilet. They didn't forget little Catalina, and made her her own room upstairs.

It was time for Catalina's birthday and all of her new family had their say in her makeover: Buzz chose the first baby outfit he came across (he hates shopping), Marcus had fun with her hair, and Lala couldn't resist plucking her little eyebrows. Despite Marcus' fears, both his father and his stepmother took care of Catalina.

Buzz has decided that his big dream is to be super popular, and have 20 friends. He's earned more celebrity points, and now has 4 stars. Yet he's so childlike that Lala caught him playing with Catalina's doll house.
Lala is writing her latest drama novel “Stepmom”, and is at writing level 5. She sold her car to pay for some furniture, and earned $1000 from a friend at city hall for increasing her charisma. She took Buzz to Roxie Lin's party, and greatly enjoyed their hot tub.
Marcus is now at level 3 at drums. His best friend at school is Laurel Grisby, but he is most attracted to the other celeb teen in the Bay, Serena Abe. Wooing her proved difficult. He took her to the bistro for lunch, (and got a $19 discount for being a celebrity), and saw a movie with her. Yet she still rejected his first kiss. But Marcus didn't give up, and finally he scored a wonderful kiss, and asked her to be his girlfriend. He celebrated by playing the drums outside the theatre. And to top it all off, he's decided he wants the lifestyle of the rich and famous, and has gone up to 3 celebrity stars.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Baby #3 born May 2017
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2011, 01:58:03 AM »
It's so nice to see your story back up and running, Pally! Congrats on the wedding, the gorgeous nooboo, and the seemingly well-adjusted Marcus.

Thanks for using one of my houses! Do you happen to have more pictures of the house, I'd love to see what you've done with my Blushing Elegance lot. A PM would be great so I don't drag this off topic.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2011, 02:31:29 AM »
The first matter to tackle with the Crumplebottom is the aforementioned butler. As you can tell by the following pics, he's made a real mess of things. Leighton finally had enough, and fired Chad the butler, then everyone helped clean up the house and the yard. They even remove the butler's room, not wanting to try with another butler (I also removed the awful chimney as I discovered how)

The next big event is the Bay's first natural passing. Grandma Yumi had just finished teaching her youngest grandchild to talk when grim came to take her to the afterlife. Everyone was very upset, even Agnes. They made a lovely spot for her grave surrounded by flowers, and found comfort in mourning. And as the parents tell their children, Yumi is still around, in some form.

Now that Sam is finally old enough to drive, his dad and stepmom give him his first car. Being the richest family in the Bay, it's certainly not a cheap car. The family has their first gnome, which was sent to them from China, and have started a nectar collection. Leighton has been doing some wonderful designs on the drawing table, and has been establishing himself as an architect. He redid the McGraw's master bedroom (shot below), as well as the Windsoar loungeroom, and Laurel Grisby's basement sculpture room. He received small bonuses for all these designs, and saves his clients some money. He reaches Architectural career level 4 for his hard work. In his spair time he teaches Ingrid to walk, and donates to world peace.
Agnes practices for her band, The Barnacles, and invites Roxie Lin to join. She earns her first celebrity star for giving a painting to Blair, and also plays Bass for peace with aliens. And between all this she teaches Ingrid to use the potty.

Sam is studying hard, because he loves school. One day he wants to join the science career and eventually be a Creature-Robot Cross Breeder. He is trying hard to pursue a love interest, but Laurel Grisby always seems to be fed up with him quickly when invited over, and leaves abruptly. Will their love ever flourish?
Sam finds time to help his little sister, Patricia, with her homework, and Patricia in turn spends time with the youngest member of the family, Ingrid. Patricia is also working hard at school, and even stays behind one day to help clean up. She begins to prepare her room for Ingrid's birthday.

And finally it is time for Ingrid to grow up. This little girl now has the Exciteable trait, and has her mother's hair, and loves the colour blue and puppies.

Below is their new room with desks for homework and their new bed covers.

Patricia likes Ingrid's dress and pajamas so much that she must have her own in pink. When Leighton ages up, he decides it's time for a change too. Do you like his new hairstyle?
We leave the Crumplebottom family with a last look at their latest works of art – Leighton's architectural drawings, and Agnes' beautiful painting.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2011, 02:44:38 AM »
And our first Generations family is the Lin family.

Baby Andre has a new name; Marlin, and newly decorated room! His Aunt Roxie has a brand new truck in her favourite colour, and there is a new gnome on the lot.

All the adults have had makeovers, ranging from minor (Jules) to mega (Shirley):

Life is normal for these sims. Marlin enjoys being fed and cuddled. Jules works on his fishing at the best fishing spots the Bay has to offer. Shirley takes Marlin for a stroll in her new pram, and at night goes to a party at the McGraw house. She is doing well at work, and is promoted to Trauma Surgeon. Roxie plays her guitar for tips in the park, and goes shopping. She performs to concerts in one night, and on another night she goes to a rock concert where her band (The Barnacles) is invited to perform on stage with the Screaming Llamas. She and her band members earn a celebrity star!

Little Marlin grows into a toddler. He has his dad's skin colour and afro hair. His favourite activity is playing in his castle toy box.

Jules is delighted to teach Marlin to walk. But it's Aunt Roxie that is Marlin's favourite. She teaches him to talk, and even reads him his favourite bed time stories.

Time flies and it's not long before it's time to welcome the newest family member. This is Jules and Shirley's daughter Piranha. She has the traits: virtuoso and exciteable.

The next family will be the last family in Round 2 - the Fangs.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2011, 04:23:32 AM »
Welcome Piranha! Happy Birthday to everyone that had a birthday!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2011, 05:09:43 AM »
Plain awesomeness, Pally! Well done on the updates, loved each of them. Welcome to the newborns and happy birthday everyone! :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2011, 02:56:28 AM »
thank you Chronic, Gogo, and lilygirl for your comments. :) If you ever want to suggest improvements (to the way it's presented, or the stories themselves), or want me to upload a sim or house to the swap shop, just let me know.

I have a little dilemma at the moment, because I tried to redo the Fang castle, and ended up not happy with it (again). I've 'ordered' a new custom built castle/tower for them, but I'm not stupid enough to think it can be done overnight lol. What do you think, should I continue with round 3 and leave the fang's alone till their house is ready? Or should I wait?

...by the way, did you notice I named the Lin kids after fish? I'm in love with the name Piranha :D

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2011, 09:34:59 PM »
No opinions on moving on or waiting for the fang house? :(

Also, I'm considering jazzing it up a little for round 3. Like first person(sim) accounts, and playing each family longer, and making the order of families random. Any opinions on that? Or is this simply not a popular enough story for opinions...?

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2011, 10:13:45 PM »

Also, I'm considering jazzing it up a little for round 3. Like first person(sim) accounts, and playing each family longer, and making the order of families random. Any opinions on that? Or is this simply not a popular enough story for opinions...?
This is a very popular story pally! I think that is due to how beautiful and original your writing style is, by the way. :)

I'm not sure about the housing dilemma. I'm sure everybody is looking forward to updates, but that is up to you. A first person account would certainly be different, but I think I like the idea. As for the family rotation, maybe you could just play whatever family you feel like, or whichever you find the most interesting?

Whatever you decide to do, good luck! :)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2011, 10:21:55 PM »

Personally, I've never liked the Fangs. So I don't really mind.
Playing each family longer and first sim accounts would be great! Although keep the order of the families.
Of course your story is popular! What are you thinking!

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #112 on: June 10, 2011, 10:31:57 PM »
thanks both of you :). I think I will start Round 3, because I am dying to play sims, but I only like playing this town. And maybe with their new house and stuff, the Fangs will seem more appealing. And I agree about keeping the order of families, I don't know why, but I like having a routine....

As for thinking this story isn't popular, well sometimes I don't get many comments, and so I question it's popularity. So I guess what I'm saying is, I love comments, they make me happy :)

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #113 on: June 10, 2011, 10:58:57 PM »
Just so you know, I read each update you put up.  I just rarely comment on stories.  Looking forward to round 3!
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2011, 12:02:39 AM »
thanks both of you :). I think I will start Round 3, because I am dying to play sims, but I only like playing this town. And maybe with their new house and stuff, the Fangs will seem more appealing. And I agree about keeping the order of families, I don't know why, but I like having a routine....

As for thinking this story isn't popular, well sometimes I don't get many comments, and so I question it's popularity. So I guess what I'm saying is, I love comments, they make me happy :)
Sounds great, pally! I'm looking forward to the next round. :)

Your many fans are standing by you! ;D

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2011, 03:32:16 AM »
Pally, this story is awesome! This is such a unique one and your writing is absolutely perfect. Love it, so don't be upset!

About the moving question, I really don't know, it's up to you, you're the gamer. :)

I like the idea of playing each family longer, would be quite amazing. Can't wait for the next round, well done! ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #116 on: June 15, 2011, 10:34:35 PM »
Well, as of me posting this you've got over 5500 views, so I don't think popularity's a problem! I've been following this thread for a while now, and I think this is the first time I've posted. My personal preference? That you don't change a thing. I think the 3rd-person viewpoint helps differentiate it from a lot of the stories on the forum, and I like the little roster you've set up for the neighbourhood. But hey, it's your story, so you should do whatever's right for you. I'm sure I'll be reading it no matter what!  ;D

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2011, 03:55:37 AM »
thank you chronic and ausette :)

I've decided only to change how long I play each family - 8 days instead of 5. I played the McGraws that long, and had lots of fun. I'm finishing off the Fangs now, since I have their brand spanking new house :D (thank you Lilygirl!), and I'll put their story up first, maybe tomorrow.

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2011, 09:11:47 AM »
Just read through thee entire thread, and I love it so far  :)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Baby #3 born May 2017
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2011, 11:46:15 AM »
I'm finishing off the Fangs now, since I have their brand spanking new house :D (thank you Lilygirl!)

You are most welcome, it was a fun and interesting build. I'm excited to see it in game! I can't wait for an update!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2011, 11:01:10 PM »
Finally, an update! We're finishing off Round 2 with the last family - the Fangs. They've just moved into a wonderful new gothic home (made by lilygirl - link ). It's a little barren right now, because they could only just afford it as is, but Suzy plans on decorating it as soon as they have the simoleons.

But first, there's 3 little girls to look after. Here they are in their toddler dresses:

Belladonna, with her mother's red tipped hair (Brave and Athletic). Chimera with darker skin and her dad's hair (Absent-minded and Artistic). Isolde, whose hair and eye colour came from who knows where (Good and Genius).

And when the family moved into their new house, there was a surprise waiting for the triplets. Their own dolls! They quickly gave them names and loved them to death. Belladonna named hers 'Pyro' (she has a thing for fire perhaps?), Chimera named hers 'Leonardo' (she already knows her artists!), and Isolde named hers 'Sugar'(who knows what was going through her head, or stomach?).

And life was generally hectic for the Fang family. Suzy and William took it in turns to feed the triplets, change their diapers, and teach them to walk, talk, and use the potty. Emptying the 3 potties became old very fast. When they had free time, Belladonna liked to play with her pirate toy chest, Chimera quickly learned all she could from the xylophone, and Isolde mastered the block toy. They all also became quite close to their special dolls. And admist all this chaos, Suzy did find some time to work on her drum skills, a little, and William managed to finish a great painting. He braved the morning sunlight and gave it to Roxie Lin, who gave him $4328 and a celebrity star! With the money William and Suzy bought a bed fit for royalty. And then, to top off the week, Suzy and William had done so much that they wanted to with the triplets, that William rewarded himself with the 'Suave Seller' reward and Suzy got 'The Next Big Thing' reward.

And that's the end of Round 2! In Round 3, we'll be visiting each family for 8 days instead of 5, so expect more fun!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Baby #3 born May 2017
« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2011, 11:25:47 PM »
The little girls are adorable! Although I really hope they grow into those cheekbones.

Nice to see so much of William. :P

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #122 on: June 17, 2011, 12:08:27 AM »
Yes he does like walking around in his undies, doesn't he? Lol :)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #123 on: June 17, 2011, 12:26:48 AM »
Welcome to Round 3! 8 days instead of 5. And as usual, first off the bat is the McGraws.

Lets see what the eldest McGraw kid, Jason, has been up to. He's suddenly found all these new activities to play. He went for a ride on the couch, buried his homework in the new sandpit his parents bought, played submarine in the bath, and dressed up as a princess - no wait that can't be right - scary dinosaur!

Baby Rebecca has grown up into an adorable toddler:

Rebecca enjoys being attacked by her mummy's claw, playing blocks with her big brother Anton, and going on strolls in the pram.

Stiles and Monika have started reading the children to sleep at night. Jason's best friend Patricia Crumplebottom came over for a play date - they had a pillow fight. And before long it was time for Anton to grow up.

Here's Anton as a child:

He gained the Lucky trait.

And the next day Monika was caught unawares when she aged up to an adult, and had a midlife crisis! Quickly she was off to the mirror and the dresser to refresh her look:

Stiles admired his wife's new look, particularly her pajamas, and went for a little change himself. He discovered that he can suddenly grow body hair! And while all this was happening, Anton was playing peek a boo with Rebecca.

Now that both boys are children, it's time to see what they're up to. Together they do their homework... sometimes. They like their costume chest. They go on a field trip to the science facility, picking up a souvenir and some comments on Anton's permanent record. They both join Scouts after school. And Jason dares Anton to play a prank on their dad, with hilarious results.

Stiles meanwhile has his first gig with his band, The Barnacles. It goes well at first, and the band are all happy with their celebrity stars that they got for playing on stage recently (see the Lins Round 2). But just as they are about to finish, they have to stop abruptly because Agnes peed her pants. How embarrassing. Lala Angelista, who set up the gig, was not at all pleased.

But even more change was coming about. In no time Rebecca had learnt all she could and was ready to age up to a child. See her room - from when she was a toddler to the make over for her child birthday. This little girl simply loves pink, and gains the trait 'Bookworm'.

Now that all 3 children are at the same age, they celebrate with their first slumber party. 6 kids in the house was a whirlwind for Stiles and Monika, and even when 5 were asleep outside in sleeping bags, Elan Daly was in their kitchen eating cake all night long.
And Monika has not forgotten her midlife crisis. She gets just enough money from selling the toddler toys to spoil herself with a trip to Egypt. She takes Jason with her, because she can already see that he's going to be an adventurer. Together they explore the easiest tomb, and bring home some souvenirs for Jason to display in the room he shares with Anton.

I hope I didn't bore you with too many pictures. Next up will be the Steels...

Offline Ballerina4life

• Llama Wrangler
  • Dance is the hidden language of the soul
« Reply #124 on: June 17, 2011, 01:05:12 AM »
I think that this may be my first time posting on this thread but I have been reading this story from the beginning! I want to tell you that it is amazing and I love the idea. Also you could never bore me with too many pictures.
The next time you look into the mirror, just look at the way the ears rest next to the head; look at the way the hairline grows;
 think of all the little bones in your wrist. It is a miracle. And the dance is a celebration of that miracle. *Martha Graham*

anything