Author Topic: A Dymnd Family Remodeling  (Read 12855 times)

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
Re: A Dymnd Family Remodeling
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2012, 09:54:58 PM »
Hello all. I'm a sad Platnum here. Going through Sim-withdrawal.

For those who have been following (and I thank you), here's the update:

I have tried everything. Uninstalling DS and ST so that it was where it was before the shut down happened. And it still shut down when I tried to load my saved game.

Then I took off all my saved games - totally emptied the Sim's 3 folder. It loaded, but then turned off the computer when I tried to enter a new neighborhood. So after checking out as many of the forum threads as I could, all evidence lead to computer overheating. So. I put the computer back to factory restore.

And I just got the WiFi hooked up and of course the first place I had to go was here. So once I get all my updates installed (and there are hundreds), I will attempt to install my games.

Stay tuned...

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2012, 03:08:43 AM »
Best of luck with your computer. It's really frustrating when your hard wear lets you down.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2012, 05:23:12 AM »
I must be completely insane to still be awake I have to get up on less than two hours!!  :o

Well I am finally installing the final SuperNatural EP. And so far the computer seems to be handling just fine. It doesn't even feel hot. I think I'm going to go to bed after this. Next phase will be trying one of my saved games. Wish me luck.

Good night. Or good morning.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2012, 11:56:48 PM »
Alright guys. I have no one to share this with because none of close friends are Simmers. I lost everything.  :'(

It's all my fault. I thought I brought the right Sims folder on my backup drive before I wiped my computer. I forgot that I removed everything out of the folder so I could try to open the game fresh. SO I brought the empty file over and lost the files in wiping my hard drive.

I am very sad. There will be a mourning period starting now.

I don't know if I should try to recreate the story or just do something totally different. But for now I am just down.  :'(

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2012, 03:11:48 AM »
That's so sad. I understand about having a mourning period (and not having any simming friends to share it with).

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
A Dymnd Family Remodeling
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2012, 03:16:13 AM »
I'm so sorry. I did the same thing not long ago so I feel your pain.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2012, 08:32:26 AM »
Oh you guys I so appreciate your replies.  :'( It was so special to me since it was my first story.  At least I remember it here. And the pics are in the gallery.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Joanne

« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2012, 09:49:10 AM »
Aww I'm sorry to hear that. Wait a day or two and then you can  try all the new supernatural stuff. :) it is a fantastic expansion!

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2012, 04:20:58 AM »
Breaking News...

A mysterious chemical spill caused a worldwide spread of detriment for Union Cove. Animals became strangely ill tempered and discolored. Citizens reported sightings of zombies and fairies and other creatures too weird to describe. Plants and animals were doing crazy and unspeakable things. It only meant one thing... The town was overheating.

Everyone is asking, how did all this happen? No one knows for sure. Rumors spread about a careless accident with a chemical set at someone's home just days before the prom. However none of the rumors have been confirmed. And citizen are wondering what has happened to that family that arrive just under a year ago? Were they behind all of this? The eldest son was recently arrested around the same estimated time scientist claim the spill happened. There was gossip about them being weird enough to move into that disgusting house.

"I have nothing but gracious things to say about Malissa and her family," said Gomez Adaams in an interview. "She was a hard worker and did wonders for my company."

Morticia chimed in, "I admit I was a little hesitant at first when she talked of remodeling and getting rid of those beautiful weeds. But I absolutely LOVE what she's done with the place."

The Trent family did a marvelous job remodeling the old Faded Glory lot.

The town welcomed them with open arms in hopes that they would continue the remodeling on the rest of the neighborhood. Their untimely disappearance has lead paparazzi to believe that they were tragically affected by the chemical spill that was just behind their newly renovated home. What is certain is that the damage was so bad that the UCMA (Union Cove Mysterious Agency) will be brought in to do a massive quarantine. But what does that mean?

The Sead Residence...

"Poppi, are you alright?" Caesar wispered as he snuck into the barn house. Poppi's brother (or somebody) went towards him, ready to pounce.

"O my gosh Caesar," Poppi said full of worry. She waved away the aggressive pouncer. "I thought you were taken for sure. What the heck were you thinking with that stupid chemisty set?!"

Caesar sighed. "It's going to be okay. Don't worry."

Poppi was frantic, "People are talking. Sciency guys are running around disguised as animal control. Picking up lizards and strays that are all discolored and acting crazy. The police were asking all kinds of wacky questions."

Caesar wanted to remember her just like this, "I know it's all out of control. Some even say they saw zombies. But I think that's just the Adaams' planning a party or something. Mrs. Adaams was talking to mom about celebrating the remodel."

"That paint job you guys did last week was wonderful, but I don't think there will be any parties, Caesar. They are tying all this to your little potion experimenting last month. What happened to that dog anyway?"

Caesar skipped over that question. "Poppi, I had to see you, but I must hurry. I have got to leave town tonight. Before the full moon. And before the UCMA gets here."

Poppi was stunned. "What are you saying. You mean up and leave? Are you serious? Where would you go?"

"I can't tell you. The less you know the better."

"I'll go with you." She ran upstairs, followed quickly by Caesar.

She was in the bathroom grabbing incidentals when he stopped her. "Poppi, I love you. But you can't come with me."

Poppi melted at his words. "Aww Caesar I love you too. That's why I'm coming with you."

At that moment, Caesar knew that if he was ever was in love, it was nothing like this. "Oh babe, I wish more than anything that you could go with me, but I can't let you leave your family. You have too much to lose. I will draw pictures of you everyday in my head."

He led her back downstairs. He wanted every last minute with her, "And I promise, no matter what happens, I will find you. You have my heart. Will you wait for me?"

Poppi stared at him. "I will wait until forever."

Caesar kissed her and ran out as fast as he arrived. Poppi stared into the night, tears trickling down her face. She wondered if she would ever see him again.

As he ran back home, Caesar hoped he could keep his promise to Poppi. He didn't think he could ever live another life without her. But he couldn't think about that right now. He needed to get out of Union Cove. He ran into his house and was shaken at what he saw.

He ran through the empty rooms, "Mom? Jazzy?"

He didn't even see them pull up as he hurried out the gate. All he saw were the letters UCMA on the jacket as they rushed him in the car. Then the full moon rose up bathing the whole town in a blinding white light.

Caesar yelled out the back window as the quarantine took over Union Cove.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2012, 04:24:13 AM »
Thanks everyone for reading my story. As well as being there for me in my mourning period.  :(

Wondering what's going to happen to the town? Check out what happens next...

Witness Protection

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
  • Sims3 - because being omnipotent is fun!
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2012, 05:10:54 AM »
YAY, you fixed things! Glad your game is up and running again!

UCMA (Union Cove Mysterious Agency) made me lol  ;D

Off to check out the new story now...