Author Topic: De D'Onlyn Dynasty *Completed*  (Read 106947 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: De D'Onlyn Dynasty
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2011, 03:27:58 AM »
Great update.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Baby #3 born May 2017
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2011, 01:36:29 PM »
Happy birthday Sashyna! She's getting so close to Ambrosia.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2011, 01:49:24 PM »
Author's Note: ratchie & lilygirl truly you are both writing cheerleaders par excellence, and I thank you both for your comments :)

Sashyna: And with this fish, I have all the ingredients I need to make the perfect meal.
ME: And with this photo, I have learned I will need to buy this graveyard to install lights.

ME: Draigoth, how the time flies, already becoming a teen.  Who looks at the camera no less!
Draigoth: Well, I had heard it mentioned that it was becoming an issue.
ME: Well look who's Mr.Serious Face!

Sashyna: Yes, Grim made it, now it's really an epic birthday party!
ME: Yeah who knew such an evil grump could be so popular?

ME: Diedre, Romeo, what is the meaning of this?!?
Romeo: Well, Emily still can't be found, and I need love in my life.
ME: If she comes back, you certainly won't have love with her anymore!  This is a scandal!
Romeo: I'm 108, there's a good chance I'll be gone by the time she's found again.  And this town loves a scandal, anyway.
ME: No, they love reading scandal stories, they hate the people involved in them!

ME: Alright Draigoth!  Finally getting a handle on that shade of purple, and offset with black, I even kinda like it, you go guy!

*Romeo leaves the Littler estate in a jaunty mood, anyone wonder why?*

Draigoth: Except for the haircut and color, Karina is really pretty cute!
ME: Yeah, a little thin, but she's WAY cuter than her older sister, for sure.  What are you watching?
Karina: Thank you for the compliment, but who are you talking to Draigoth?

Draigoth: Oh, sometimes we artist types speak to ourselves strangely, don't worry about it cutie.
Draigoth: This lovely documentary on artistic weddings is what we're watching ME, it's what I picked myself!
ME: Aww, how sweet, and possibly full of foreshadowing.
Karina: Wow, you arists are sure an interesting bunch!

ME: It's the achievement of a lifetime, the last black op is completed, enjoy the ambrosia!
Sashyna: Where am I?
ME: The first room of the immortal maze museum.
Sashyna: Well it's a start.

ME: So how does it make you feel?
Sashyna: *Confetti*

Author's Notes: Sashyna's Stats
SuperMax: Cooking
Other Max: Charisma, Drums
LTW: Culinary Librarian
Best Friends: Wayne Bumble, Bronson Littler, Odine Perry, Scot Hargrove, Devin Ashton, Elspeth Cook
Black Ops: On-the-Clock-Date, Memorable Meals...Great, Catfish for the Chef, A Lot of Bad Apples, Best of the Best, Divine Meal
Bought: Bridgeport Acres (property), Diner (building)
Unique Rewards: Speedy Cleaner, Food Replicator (unused), Map to the Stars
Earned during game week 8, not entirely sure of her age when eaten but I was starting to feel Grim breathing down my neck towards the end, sorry.

Next time: Birthdays, Romance, and Passing.  Sunrise, sunset, swiftly flow the days.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2011, 02:03:29 PM »
Congratulations on immortality Shashyna.

I hope Karina can join the family as my youngest daughter is called Karina.

Rachel

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2011, 07:00:00 PM »
Author's Notes: Well, I'm glad that's what you were hoping for Rachel, cause that's what's happening!  ;)

ME: It's that time in your life when everyone throws up their arms and welcomes you to elderhood.
Bronson: And except for the clothes, and the fact I want my styling dark tips back, being elder rocks!

Draigoth: What's cute and smart and unmistakably charming?
Karina: What?
Draigoth: Why you of course!
Karina: *Blushes*

ME: Draigoth becomes a proud young adult
Sashyna: I'm not so proud of his choice of a banana hammock for swim shorts!

Draigoth: Thank you mom!  No present could be cooler than my own new car!
Sashyna:  We have the money, and your art is going better than any of us hoped, you're really earned it!  Happy Birthday!

ME: What a dashing young man!  And so much more modest now.

ME: Since Karina moved in, you guys have been hot and heavy, when are you getting married?
Draigoth:  I guess we'll get around to it, you know, when the time is right, or something.

ME: While at the Littler residence, Romeo gets an unexpected visitor, Grim caught up with him at 117, Romeo might as well have been Jack Lalanne.  Romeo passed away surrounded by loved ones, and we thank him for his service, and reward him with his rest.

ME: Everyone in the De D'Onlyn family deals with mourning in their own ways, Bronson and Draigoth bury themselves in their work, while Sashyna has taken to drowning her troubles.
Sashyna: *Hic* What troubles *Hic*

Bronson: Oh hi DAD, you sure are holding up well, try and keep the family company after I'm gone.
Nelson(Vampire obviously): Of course my child, I am only glad I hated children so we didn't get along well enough for me to turn you.
Bronson: Me too, I wouldn't trade my life for twice as long without my wife and son.
ME: Why do so many Bridgeport Sims hate children, is it in the water or something?

ME: The family that plays together, stays together.

Author's Notes: I can't believe I skipped over getting Bronson's Elder AND Karina's Adult fashion shows, bad ME, bad!
Next time: Bronson learns a new skill, and grim visits the house again.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Baby #3 born May 2017
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2011, 07:54:06 PM »
Draigoth and Karina make such a cute couple!
I love elder Bronson's hair.

R.I.P. Romeo. He truly did live up to his namesake.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2011, 11:17:12 PM »
Hey I just caught up with your story. Congrats on the immortal and all the birthdays! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2011, 06:11:14 AM »
Author's Notes: lilygirl I'm glad you like Draigoth's choice, Bronson likes his hair too.  Yes Romeo had 4 children, 2 with Elspeth, 2 with Diedre, he was quite the Rake.

kattiq thanks, it makes me feel good that I've already posted enough for someone to feel caught up on it.  I'm keeping up a good clip then :)

I've noticed in other people's dynasties readers enjoy knowing Sims traits, so here they are.

Romeo: Flirty, Vehicle Enthusiast, Party Animal,Charismatic, Schmoozer
Bronson: Charismatic, Schmoozer, Heavy Sleeper, Athletic, Lucky
Draigoth: Loves the Outdoors, Virtuoso, Artistic, Perfectionist, Dramatic
Karina: Flirty, Brave, Good Sense of Humor, Inappropriate, Artistic

The others I'll give out when they hit young adult or join the family, because I don't always remember which ones I chose when.

Bronson: Everyday you make me feel like I've lived a million beautiful lifetimes with you.
Sashyna: Oh, you romantic you, you make me feel like a blushing girl all over!

*Sashyna bangs on her drums*
ME: So, you like your new time filler?
Sashyna: Heck yeah!  Draigoth and I even started a new band, The Incarnations of Immortality.  We rock and roll.  I'm drumming up some interest for our band, and I'm obviously getting attention!

Police Officer: Well, you may not like your burglar alarm, but it did save your valuable property!
Criminal: Darn, I heard there's some priceless artworks in their basement, but I couldn't get to it!
ME: What?!  Where did you hear about that, you stay outta there!

ME: Bronson, as you get older it's important to learn new skills, or you start to loose your grip on things.  Oh by the way, whatever it is you're mixing, it's too strong!
Bronson: Oops *crash*

Bronson: Check this out son, this is how you really rock!
Draigoth: Dad, don't force me to crank my amp to 11 and show you what it is to rock.

ME: As is frequently the case if an intimate relationship gets started, but the guy is reluctant to get serious, the lady must take steps.
Draigoth: Well, things were going fine as they were, I saw no reason to change things.
ME: You have to get married.
Draigoth: Well yeah I know, but not yet!

ME: Another friendship building party ends in what would be a tragedy if that weren't just some bland tabloid person.  But between someone dying, and skinny dipping, you know it was an epic bash.

Morganne the Evil Vampire: I am long lived, I will see my friend Draigoth die and surely inherit some of their fortune.
Grim: If you think I'm taking Draigoth, you've got another thing coming.

ME: I was worried when Grim started thinking of Bronson, but apparently he was just concerned if Bronson would mind if grabbed a quick racing game on his computer.

Next Time: An Engagement and a Marriage.

You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2011, 11:28:11 AM »
I am looking forward to it.

Rachel

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Baby #3 born May 2017
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2011, 03:28:45 PM »
No party is truly epic unless Grim stops by!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2011, 11:05:16 AM »
Author's Notes: Glad I'm keeping you interested Rachel :)  You know Lilygirl, it almost seems that way, but Sashyna could turn a week old cheese plate and a gathering of MENSA's least social members into an awesome party you'd never forget  ;)

Draigoth: I have been informed, though I haven't dreamt of it personally, that you want to get married.  So I though I would try and make you happy by getting you this.
ME: That's a terrible proposal Draigoth!  You sure aren't the silver tongued romantic your dad is. Are you at least happy she said yes.
Draigoth: Making Karina happy always makes me happy!
Karina & ME: Aww that's almost sweet!

ME: Since my famous party Sims love to be in the hottub, I decided to spruce it up a bit.
Sashyna: Thank you, this one is much nicer!

Bronson: This awesome new car is much nicer than the cheap truck I've been driving.
ME: Yeah, it rocks being so famous we get given cars.

Karina: I've been drinking your libations, and I've got to say how cute you look through these cocktail glasses.
Bronson: Oh yes let's get this party started.
ME: NO! NO! NO! Stop it, go to your rooms right now!  This better just be cold feet Karina!

ME: Draigoth begins the wedding party at the Butterfly Esplanade with a little mood music.

Karina:  I'm really very happy to be getting married, I can't imagine what I was thinking the other night.
Bronson: I understand the pressure we mortals can be under, we'd best not discuss it in front of my son though.

ME: Bronson and Karina share a dance while the guest begin to gather.

Karina: With this ring, I thee wed.

ME: Awww, the goofy face of true love.
Karina: What?!? Who are you.
ME: I'll explain later, repeated exposition gets boring.
Karina: What?  Uhhh, OK.

ME: Wait I didn't say you could kiss the bride yet! *Sigh* Kids these days.

ME: Before the rice even falls the first fight begins.
Karina: Everyone is soiling this beautiful park, don't they know rice is bad for birds!
Draigoth: This place has a greenhouse dome over it, there are no birds!  It's our wedding day, who cares about nonexistent birds?!

Author's Notes: There is no trait I have found more unpleasant than inappropriate.

Next Time: Karina settles into De D'Onlyn life, and a burglar stop by to visit, or rob ME, I can't remember which.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Baby #3 born May 2017
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2011, 01:39:08 PM »
Gorgeous wedding!

I've never had Sims inside the Butterfly Pavilion, but then again I haven't played Brigdeport for more than a couple Sims weeks. Anyway, it's a lovely setting for a wedding.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2011, 04:38:21 PM »
What a beautiful wedding.

Rachel

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2011, 04:11:20 AM »
Author's Notes: Thank you Rachel, and digital hugs for all your comments, not only here, but on every thread I've read almost, you are awesomely supportive.

Lilygirl, as you might have already guess that is just why I picked it, I had used it once before for one of my six attempts that failed in gen 1, and wanted a chance to show off what I think is the prettiest part of Bridgeport, but it is very out of the way, I'm not surprised you hadn't wandered inside yet.

ME: Karina's first task was to get a job, since her LTW was to save 30 Sim lives, it was off to the fire station with her.  I'd never seen the inside of one before that, I see why people use it as a dynasty crutch for the early deprived days!  But Karina quickly revealed her true motive for wanting to be a firefighter.
Karina: Wow, I think guys who face death every day are SUPER dreamy.
Cute Firefighter *Internal Monologue*: Oh yeah, I sure made the winning decision when I became a hero firefighter.

ME: Draigoth ages from young adult to adult.
Draigoth: Karina, what are you laughing at?
Karina: Ha ha ha, you're old now, while I'm still young ha ha ha.
ME: This inappropriate flirty vibe you have is really unappealing Karina.
Draigoth: I couldn't agree more!

ME:  That mystery Sim in the foreground and I agree, that's one bouncer you don't try to sneak past, it's hard to look intimidating in a pink and teal bikini, but she sure is!

ME: Karina risks her life everyday for her dream of saving 30 Sim lives, Draigoth feels grateful just to have her come home each night.

Draigoth: Yes wife, you are very pretty, and I love you.
Karina: *Sigh* You're just lucky I like you for things other than your flirts.
Draigoth: Yes, I feel very lucky.
Sashyna: Private moments, ME, go away!

Random Burglar: Oh no, who would think this wealthy family would have a burglar alarm!

Next time: the stork remembers an appointment with the De D'Onlyn family, and heads that way.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Baby #3 born May 2017
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2011, 01:16:05 PM »
Good luck on Karina's job! I've never taken the time to play a firefighter.

Ooooo, nooboo on the way!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

ADrake

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2011, 04:53:10 PM »
Just caught up, love the story!!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2011, 05:07:01 PM »
Congratulations on the Wedding (sorry I'm late to the party :P )
And I've done the firefighter career before, I enjoyed it for the most part! I hope Karina stays safe. :)

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2011, 03:52:28 AM »
Author's Notes: Lilygirl I hadn't tried it before either, but if I'm gonna have my first thread be a Dynasty, might as well have my first firefighter be a Dynasty wife right?

Thank you A.Drake, always glad to hear I'm keeping people entertained.

Don't worry kattiq, all the guests were late getting there too, so you're in good company ;)  The firefighting has been interesting, but I wouldn't want to do it with more people in the house, it needs to be nannied a lot, but it's definitely keeping things interesting!  Karina wears her protective gear on every outing, so that she'll be able to come home safe.

Karina: Oh no, I'm going to be sick, maybe it's all the stress from work.
ME: Or maybe it's all the time you've been spending with Draigoth.

Draigoth: This Masterpiece is the finest I have made.
ME: And now your painting is supermaxxed, congratulations.
Draigoth: Why, thank you, ME.

ME: Pregnancy leave is the perfect time to learn to ice sculpt isn't it?
Karina: Are you sure it's safe for me to be handling a chainsaw pregnant?
ME: Sure, what's the worst that could happen?

Karina: I'm Pregnant!
Sashyna: Oh my god!  I'm gonna be a grandma, I couldn't be more excited!
ME: Obviously.

ME: Karina's desire to be a good mother also results in her reconnecting with her sister who was at the library also.  Wow those shoes don't match your maternity wear.
Karina: So what? I won't be pregnant forever, and at least they're better than the swim flippers Jeanna wears.

ME: I realize this picture needs to be explained (and probably isn't as funny as a pic as it would be as a video); what you are looking at is two vampires playing tag at one of my parties.  I thought that was pretty funny, but there's no really good way to take a picture of it.

Karina: Thank you for the new garden ME, Draigoth was driving me crazy being always in my sprinkler.
ME: Yeah, thanks Pam, your dynasty gave me a number of such useful ideas.
Karina: Who's Pam?
ME: Oh, nevermind, you wouldn't understand anyway.
Draigoth: Curses, this gate has foiled my water dancing plans.
ME: Get back to your guitar young man!

Karina: I'm pregnant! Oh, and my back hurts.
Draigoth: Wow, that apparently surprises me for some reason!  But I can help with the back pain.
Karina: Ah, that's so much better, you're a wonderful husband.

Next time: Oh yes, I'm making you wait until next time for the birth.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2011, 08:49:10 AM »
Making us wait that is just mean.

Rachel

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Baby #3 born May 2017
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2011, 12:28:27 PM »
Can't wait to meet the nooboo!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Isys

• Occult
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2011, 12:44:12 PM »
Lol oh man loving it. First the grim reaper has been very busy at your house hasn't he, and those boys looked like they were having fun rockin out. That robbers expression killed me, you can't look shocked when you are robbing someone!
Attraversiamo

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2011, 06:26:09 PM »
Author's Notes: Rachel, yes, I am full of mean-ness! Mwah ha ha *cough cough* Wow, my evil laugh isn't as good as it used to be *blushes*

Lilygirl, well, here comes the nooboo, wait no longer!

Isys, The Grim is like the extra member of the family at this point, half the time I'm glad when some poor schmuck dies on my lawn. That robber looked so panicked I was like "What is his wife in labor somewhere?!"

Karina: Draigoth I need you, it's time!
Draigoth: Oh my! What do I do, I know, it's time to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off!
ME: I really don't know why men even bother coming to the delivering woman, they're really no help at all.
Karina: Pfft, no kidding!  Owwww!

ME: Introducing Aeluna, and Cylliah De D'Onlyn.  Aeluna will be heir.
Karina: Sweet little Cylliah, you and I share the special bond of mortality, I will always love and understand you like no one else.
Sashyna: Oh, who's my precious little 3rd gen nooboo, that's right, you are Aeluna!
ME: Yay, twins!

ME: Draigoth is a proud, devoted, and involved father, he would make any family proud.
Draigoth: Thank you ME, but really I just love my family like anyone would.
ME: You'd be surprised, you want to spend much more time with the babies than your mother wanted to spend with you, no offense.

ME: Karina, as a new mom, wanted new clothing, so she got two new everyday outfits, and a new formal. I love the way the middle one came out, my favorite by far.

Karina: I wish that I don't get mom in-law hair again.
ME: No! It's back, go change it! It's creepy!  On a positive note, your party is a huge success.
Karina: Yes, I'm so glad my sister could make it too!

ME: Not even nooboo cuteness makes me notice anything but how creepily similar you two look.
Sashyna: Baby care comes before hair care!

Karina: Good night little nooboos, sleep well.  Away from the stereos and crazy party guests.

ME: Well I didn't really intend partygoers to hang out down here, but it's not off limits either.

Karina: These fire fighters are helpless without me, I'm on maternity leave! I shouldn't have to come in to fix the engine.

Next time: The nooboos become toddlers!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2011, 06:39:21 PM »
Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful twins karina.

Rachel

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Baby #3 born May 2017
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2011, 08:54:09 PM »
Welcome to the nooboos!

Karina's new wardrobe is great!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2011, 10:49:58 PM »
YAY twins! I refuse to have twins (unless by accident) until the social bug is fixed. It was hard enough getting through the baby stage in my new dynasty! While trying to juggle gaining skills I need for immortality :P
So, best of luck to the new parents! I love Karina's green lookin' wardrobe

Oh and in the previous update the line where you put up the garden fence Draigoth says: "Curses, this gate has foiled my water dancing plans." Cracked me up. I just imagined him saying that and I lost it!

anything