Author Topic: De D'Onlyn Dynasty *Completed*  (Read 225775 times)

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
Re: De D'Onlyn Dynasty
« Reply #240 on: April 01, 2011, 02:51:15 PM »
Author's Note: I'm a tiny bit sad that these are the last of the toddler Quain pictures, he was definitely my favorite toddler so far.

Thank you Esther, you're awesome! :D

ME: Shh! He's sleeping, cutely.  I can't resist taking one of these sleeping in the nursery shots for the toddlers, they all look so angelic when they're asleep!

Sashyna: Here's my little ray of sunshine, never a cloudy day for this smiling face!  Now let's get some noms.

ME: Velmoor insists that Allison stay fit and employed, so she nears the top of the gardener career, and exercises daily.  He has some theories he's attempting to experiment with on mortal Sim longevity, and how it might be increased.

Velmoor: What's that way up in the air, it's my little boy, hi Quain!
Quain: Daddy's home! *Toddler laughter goes here*

ME: Everyone in the family takes the time go out on the town, but if there's one place Aeluna doesn't blend in, it's Plasma 501.

Velmoor: Well you guys, things couldn't be going more my way, Quain is the perfect little boy, Allison is everything I've ever wanted, I'm successful, and my family is happy, life is awesome!  I think I might be only a few more years away from making contact with another Sim world, everything is going my way.
ME: Mmm, handsome doctor.  :)

Draigoth: Thank you for making diner again, I know you love to, but I don't know how the family would get by without you.
Sashyna: Thank you, but really it's my pleasure.
Draigoth (Dispelling Rumors): You know I wasn't arrested last night right, I mean, we slept not 10 feet apart.
Sashyna: Oh yes it's ridiculous, I can't believe the rumors got so vicious!
ME: And thus -8 hours to the stupid falsely accused moodlet.  Dispelling Rumors only seems to be performable by Sims with high Charisma, but is a double positive social interact. Obviously it only pops up for falsely accused rumors, not because you really did shame yourself in public. You can only use it 1 time per 24 hours for each other Sim, but as it can be used on family members, this is the easiest way to ditch the moodlet, short of cheating.  I used to try suing, but after I lost 6 cases in a row, lost about 18 Sim hours in the city hall rabbit hole doing so, I gave that up.

Draigoth (Dispelling Rumors): Allison, you know that I haven't been arrested right, we live together.
Allison: The way people gossip, it's shameful, I know there's no truth to it.
ME: Another 8 hours gone, Woo!

Velmoor: It's super Quain, flying all over, I better catch you before you hit the ceiling!
Quain: Hi daddy! (Happy Toddler laughter goes here.)

Next Time: Quain's Birthday and Fashion show, plus he starts working on his super max skill!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #241 on: April 01, 2011, 02:56:25 PM »
Thanks Juxt! You're awesome too! And that was an awesome update!  ;D Velmoor is very handsome! Shouldn't Allison be jogging if she wants to live longer though? Or does it work like that too? I usually use the treadmill for that one, so I'm confused on how it works lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #242 on: April 01, 2011, 03:43:11 PM »
Brilliant update.

Just a tip, I was able to use the 'Dispel Rumors' on Friends were the rumor had damaged the Friendship.  This allowed them to be friends again, but 'Dispel Rumors' was only available if 3 days of shame moodlet was showing.

Can't wait to to find out what Quain's super max skill is going to be.  He is super cute  :)
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #243 on: April 01, 2011, 06:33:18 PM »
I *hate* getting falsely accused. If nothing else it shouldn't affect relationships with family members. Grr. And I think Esther's right - if you're trying to extend Allison's lifespan, she needs to be jogging. A lot. I think 500 km to get the challenge works out to about 50 hours of jogging time.

Good luck with your skill, Quain! I'm sure you'll be as good at it as your daddy is at doctoring.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #244 on: April 02, 2011, 01:24:34 AM »
Quain is so cute :)

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #245 on: April 02, 2011, 08:59:01 AM »
Author's Notes: My experiment, and by extension Velmoor's, is not, does running make Sims live longer, it's what makes Sims live longer.  I notice you all say run, but you all also say "I think"  :)  So I'm experimenting, so far, though I haven't tested my thoughts on nearly enough Sims, the biggest data point so far is whether they were employed, my employed elders all lived to 100 or more, unemployed ones, including Karina who retired,despite being fit, running everyday, and having the 500 m bonus (as does Allison at this point) only lived a bit over 90.  Is it coincidence, at this point, very probably, but maybe it's significant, and me and my science-y, experimental mind wants to find out!  So Allison jogs at least 3 days a week, but I give her varied exercise because it's one of the things I want to find out if it has any effect as well.  After I've tested my thoughts over at least 50 Sim lives, I may show all my data  ;)

Thanks Juxt! You're awesome too! And that was an awesome update!  ;D Velmoor is very handsome! Shouldn't Allison be jogging if she wants to live longer though? Or does it work like that too? I usually use the treadmill for that one, so I'm confused on how it works lol.

Thank you Esther, Velmoor may be no Antonio Dreamweaver, but he's at least a bit dreamy LOL  Your confusion on the matter is understandable, no worries :D

Brilliant update.

Just a tip, I was able to use the 'Dispel Rumors' on Friends were the rumor had damaged the Friendship.  This allowed them to be friends again, but 'Dispel Rumors' was only available if 3 days of shame moodlet was showing.

Can't wait to to find out what Quain's super max skill is going to be.  He is super cute  :)

Thank you SassySimmer, and you are totally right, it does work on new friends, sometimes even mere acquaintances you've barely met, I should have made that clear, I'm glad you pointed it out.  However, to get to non-household people, you have to go out, or invite them over, you frequently pick up the negative version of the "got recognized" moodlet, which is another negative that lasts 8 hours, so I only used outsiders to dispel when I didn't have enough family members, I only mentioned what I considered the easiest way, but that wasn't complete information. 

Yes you need the shame moodlet, which frequently Allison doesn't get when she gets rumors, which seems strange to me.  The reason I brought the topic up at all is that I've mentioned dispel rumors as a way of dealing with celebrity rumors before and a few forum users were like "Dispel Rumors, what's that?"  So I thought I'd help by showing and telling  ;D  Plus Sims make funny faces when dispel rumors is going LOL

I *hate* getting falsely accused. If nothing else it shouldn't affect relationships with family members. Grr. And I think Esther's right - if you're trying to extend Allison's lifespan, she needs to be jogging. A lot. I think 500 km to get the challenge works out to about 50 hours of jogging time.

Good luck with your skill, Quain! I'm sure you'll be as good at it as your daddy is at doctoring.

Thank you cathyknits, thanks for the advice, don't worry she hit 500 km LONG ago.  Quain has fisherman's luck for sure!

Quain is so cute :)

Thank you Alexandria, I can't help but agree, *sigh* but all cute little things must grow up in time.

ME: At an epic family party, little Quain becomes a child, but it seems as though something is distracting them from the occasion, because no one is smiling, and hardly anyone wanted to watch the birthday boy, maybe that's why they're pouting.
Sashyna: Aww, my cute little toddler is a big boy now *pouts.*

ME: Quain's child fashion show!  He picked out his own formal wear, I just recolored it because I thought it was a funny choice.

ME: Quain dreams of his future.  He dreams of school, and of course, of fish.

Quain: Every morning is just a little nicer with a nutritious snack.
ME: I find it amusing that his juice box matches his outfit, that's what I call high fashion.

Draigoth: People are still saying I was arrested, but I was home all night!
Sashyna: People can be terrible gossips, it just so unwarranted.
ME: So dispelling rumors with Sashyna removed now -16 hours total of the 3 day negative moodlet.  So without leaving the house, Draigoth's shame lasted only about 30 hours, and I can live with that, at least it's better that 72.

Quain: This is awesome, it's quiet, beautiful, almost meditative out here, I think I'll be going fishing a lot in the future.

Quain: Wow, my first fish, and it's a nice plump goldfish instead of a puny minnow.  I love fishing!

ME: Of course anytime any member of the family is off their own property, they're followed by the paparazzi, Quain is no exception.

Next Time: More dancing, and some more little peeks into the daily lives of the De D'Onlyn Family.  (Who has guessed yet that I like dancing pictures? LOL)
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #246 on: April 02, 2011, 02:20:55 PM »
Happy Birthday Quain! I see his new method of fishing is perhaps a bit more productive than his previous method.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #247 on: April 02, 2011, 07:06:43 PM »
Happy birthday Quain! Mmm Antone I mean Velmoor haha.

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #248 on: April 03, 2011, 03:05:27 PM »
Happy Birthday Quain! I see his new method of fishing is perhaps a bit more productive than his previous method.

Thank you lilygirl, even if you could catch digital fish, I don't think they'd taste very good, probably taste like static or something like that LOL.  I was so proud of him that first day of fishing, I took so many shots I didn't use LOL

Thank you Esther :)

Music: Life is a dance floor, love is the rhythm, you are the music.
ME: Sashyna shows Aquarius how to really move!

ME: Quain gets very good grades, of course, it helps to have a genius parent to tutor you.

Draigoth: Sure I took some artistic license but, it's pretty close.
ME: It's beautiful, I love it!

Allison: My baby's room has been started, and for some reason, I just love sitting down here, playing music, and thinking about his future.

Quain: Yay! The school day is over, time to spend a few hours pulling fish from the lake across the street!

Velmoor: I've tried, but honestly, it's hard to upgrade the Prosper Room to a three star business.  Good thing this is just an extra.

Allison: And how was your day today Quain?
ME: The family often bonds of their favorite meals, and Sashyna makes sure the fridge is always stocked full.

ME: Even though no one in the family has the sheer intelligence of Velmoor, they still feel it's important he gets more sane and grounded assistance from time to time.
Draigoth: No, you can't do a report Elf Sims, until your father actually captures one, they're still considered fictional by the world at large, your teacher will fail you.
Quain: Teachers just don't have open minds, it sucks.
Draigoth: Well, when you grow up, maybe you can be the first awesome teacher then.
Quain: Maybe I will!

Next Time: Visions of past lives in another world, and a cool memento.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #249 on: April 03, 2011, 05:42:20 PM »
Velmoor's face at the Posper Room is priceless! I love Draigoth's painting too.

Oooo, a cool momento? Can't wait.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #250 on: April 03, 2011, 09:48:47 PM »
That painting is awesome! It almost looks like he caught the mountains he's living near! Quain is cool! Velmoor has funny expressions lol.

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #251 on: April 04, 2011, 03:42:18 PM »
Velmoor's face at the Prosper Room is priceless! I love Draigoth's painting too.

Oooo, a cool momento? Can't wait.

Thank you lilygirl, I think he looks much more handsome when he smiles, but when he pulled that face at me, I just had to take a picture.  Well, you're lucky I'm a writing addict, you don't have to wait long.

That painting is awesome! It almost looks like he caught the mountains he's living near! Quain is cool! Velmoor has funny expressions lol.

Thank you Esther, that exactly what I thought of the picture, that it looks shockingly close to his surrounding area :D  Yeah, crazy Sims are the best for making silly faces, I'm glad I have one for this family.

Author's Notes: If you remember, I mentioned at the beginning that this family was my sixth attempt to start a Dynasty, most just failed because I couldn't get my portrait done in time, and get everything else I wanted done, but one, the fourth attempt, failed in a rather more spectacular way; and though I never wanted to write a story about them, I was very eager to use some of the pictures somehow, and I finally have the opportunity to fit it in nicely.

ME: The previous night a meteor fell in a nearby park, Velmoor was watching through a telescope, and saw it fall.  The next day he goes to find it, but enjoys a few moments with some playful passing butterflies.
Velmoor: Such delicacies, I mean so delicate!

ME: But when he touched the meteor, he began to see things, impossible things, a whole other set of lives, a whole other world.
Polgara (1): Hi I'm new to Bridgeport, but I have big plans for this place.
Romeo Rake (1): My name is Romeo, I'm a special agent in law enforcement.
Polgara (Internal Monologue) (1): Well, that explains the awesome car he has!
Polgara (2):  Romeo, I feel like we were meant to be together, that fate has joined us together, will you be my husband?
Romeo (2): Of course, I love you so much, I feel as though you are the only woman I could ever truly love.

Polgara (1): You're so cute!
Romeo (1): I think I can hear the baby!
Romeo (2): Introducing baby Belderan!

ME: Time passes, and the family seems happy, but a dark shadow seems to hang over this happy family.

ME: Unfortunately that shadow was a meteor!

ME: The devastation raged on for hours, Sims were screaming, fire was everywhere!  Though efforts were made to rebuild, some things, once broken, can not be fixed.

Velmoor: After what I saw I took home the only memento I could of the family Romeo was meant to have, I wonder if it was a piece of their world, or the same meteor that ended it.  I hope that their spirits will help ward disaster away from our home in the future.

Author's Notes: So there you have it, the existence, and end, of try number 4.  After the meteor landed I spent hours replacing, cleaning, and repairing, I was OK with losing the reward fridge I had just earned from my cooking career completion, though it was annoying, I was just grateful no Sims died.  Then I found out my mailbox was broken, and despite trying for hours to fix it, nothing was working, and that mailbox I cannot do without, so I began start 5, which as you know also failed. LOL

If you ever wondered why Romeo couldn't settle down in this life, it's because he was always looking for Polgara.

Next Time: Allison takes home the gold, and the family begins preparation for the double elder birthday party.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #252 on: April 04, 2011, 04:35:10 PM »
If you ever wondered why Romeo couldn't settle down in this life, it's because he was always looking for Polgara.

Aww that's so sweet  :)

I love the way that you incorporated the meteor into the story.
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #253 on: April 04, 2011, 10:32:14 PM »
Cool! I hate meteors but those pics are awesome!!

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #254 on: April 05, 2011, 01:09:13 PM »
Aww that's so sweet  :)

I love the way that you incorporated the meteor into the story.

Thank you SassySimmer, I had always wanted too pull those little story snippets in somehow, but when I started I had no idea how to do so.  I'm glad you liked it.

Cool! I hate meteors but those pics are awesome!!

Thank you Esther, I hate meteors too, but at least next time I'll know to pull my mailbox somewhere it won't get hurt.  Sometimes it's not live and learn, it's crash and burn and learn.

ME: Allison walks into the Amateur Olympics a contestant, and walks out a champion!
Allison: I couldn't have done it without the encouragement and support of my husband and wonderful family.

Velmoor: So, do you really think we'll be able to travel the world after the dynasty is done.
Draigoth: *Cough, choke* I've never even imagined, but wouldn't it be wonderful!
ME: I think he's heard Juxt's plan!

Velmoor: Sure you can try it, I'm a doctor, trust me!
Jeanie Newbie: I'm really not so sure.

Quain: Dad, Sims say you're crazy, is that really true.
Velmoor: I've learned my boy, that if you proclaim something that everyone else knows is not true, they tend to think you are crazy.
Quain: But you're not crazy right?
Velmoor: I don't think so, but you might have an easier time laughing off what people say than fighting it.

ME: A lifetime of work and dedication produces some very nice portraits, I strongly recommend the perfectionist Trait for painters and sculptors, it really seems to up my brilliant and masterpiece art works, and gives me some reasonably clear portraits.
Draigoth: I could spend every day for the rest of my life in my studio, painting the happy faces of my family.
ME: That's good to hear, since that's pretty much what you'll be doing.
Draigoth: Awesome.

Sashyna: Woe, woe to the chef with a full refrigerator, and a family full of hungry bellies to cook for.  *Whispered* I wonder if anyone buys this act?
Bling Gnome: You better check yourself!

ME: Velmoor of course throws a massive birthday bash for himself and the love of his life.  It's such a party, even 5 star original townie Emmy Star attends, that's her in the red Dress with the vamp eyes.

Next Time: The birthday bash of the year, two adults become elders, and of course more fashion shows, yay!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

anything