Author Topic: De D'Onlyn Dynasty *Completed*  (Read 225853 times)

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
Re: De D'Onlyn Dynasty
« Reply #390 on: May 04, 2011, 02:04:03 PM »
Happy birthday dear Susie! Nyarah is such a cute little teddy bear. :D Quain sure looks amazing in that new uniform. I never noticed Aleuna's nose before. :o It's, let me say, extraordinary. But I miss Velmoor. Velmoor, Velmoor! ;D

Thank you Chronic, I actually like Aeluna's nose, but that's probably because my dad and brother have very similar hooked beak type noses, I think it looks aristocratic :D  However, my opinions aren't always the prevelant ones.  Don't worry, Velmoor will never be gone for long, but he can't hog the spotlight everyday, and he wouldn't want to, just because he's saved the day, doesn't mean there isn't still work to be done.

In addition to Lily's helpful answer to how to get diagnal corners, remember the < and > keys will rotate an object, this will allow you to align the quarter segments in different orientations, this is a very helpful technique for many aesthetic floor patterns, such as borders that meet at a 90* angle.

Happy Birthday Susie! Congrats on another promotion Quain! Continue with the cuteness Nyarah. Um, what else?... Love the puzzle rug in the nursery, I really need to play with that floor tile more. 

Thank you lilygirl, I've always been pretty fond of it myself, it just looks like something I could stand to have in a kids room.  It's bright and cheerful without grating on my nerves.  Plus I like recoloring weird patterns, it's fun. Thanks for answering Chronic's question before I got around to it. :)

Awesome updates and GREAT SAVE!!! I almost had a heart attack when I first read about the unexpected bundles of joy.  I'm so glad you were able to change the space/time continuum and save your dynasty.  I would be heartbroken if we lost both the Copernicus and De D'Onlyn dynasties one after the other. 

Thank you Katluvr, thank goodness for the "use only with permission of Metro," power supply technology that made it possible *whew*  It's horrible when a Dynasty goes belly up, but even if I did fail (which I won't, I'm on top of this) I'd finish the story anyway :)

Geez Draigoth - can't you wait for the woman to finish blowing out the candles!  Cake is better than food from the fridge!

Nyarah really is adorable.   I just want to put her in a room with Baby Mint Steel and Baby Angelica Grim and have toddler races!

Thank you Ricalynn, but Draigoth was in yellow hunger mode, and Sashyna's food provides a +75 8 hr moodlet, so that's better than birthday cake in my book!  It's shamefully wasteful, but I usually throw out the cake after the birthday person gets the moodlet from their piece LOL  Who reaches the cuteness finish line first!?  Man, that would be adorable.

Awesome update! Happy birthday Susie! Nyarah is so cute!! Too bad it's still stuck in your head. I listened to it like 10 times than it left mine hehe.

Thank you Esther, unfortunately my head is like an MP3 player of songs, playing one, or adding more, doesn't take the other ones out of my head LOL  I'm glad you were able to save yourself though ;)

Susie: I was hoping maybe you wanted to spend some special time together.
Quain (Internal Monologue): I may be tired, but I'm not so tired I could say no to that!
Woohooium: *Glow* *Heart*

Quain: Hey big girl, when did you learn how to fly?
Nyarah: Whee! *cute toddler laughter.*

ME: Aeluna creates a beautiful statue of Morris Sleep and delievers it.  It came out well, it captures his charming side I think.  It also captured his wallet because he paid her $10K for it.

Quain (1): Oh dear, Dorian you're going with Grim are you?
Dorian (1): Afraid so.
Quain (1): What's up Grim?
Grim (1): Just working? You?
Quain (1): Just getting off work, cya later.
Grim (2): Farewell Quain. Come along Dorian, there's so little to do, and so much time. Wait, strike that, reverse it.

Draigoth (Dispelling more Rumors): So you see, we can't possibly have been caught burglarizing their house and arrested, what would they have that we'd need?
Bridgeport Citizen: That's a good point, I hadn't thought of that, I can't believe those rumors could get so vicious!

ME: Velmoor is back at his inventing table, and Sinker is in the corner, fitting right in I think.

Aeluna: I can't believe you know about Bronson Littler, he died generations before you were born!
Bridgeport Citizen: His famous artwork is all over, I became an artist because of him.
ME: Aeluna has a very easy time socializing with the art community, she is well known, and widely respected.

Draigoth: Who's my little shooting star, is that you princess!
Nyarah: *Delighted toddler laughter*
ME: Draigoth is of course the one who paints her face each day, but they love the bonding time ;)

Juxt: I noticed around this point that my game does not record family relationships longer than four generations, Nyarah and Draigoth are "Good Friends" despite the fact my family tree is completely intact, is that normal?  Do your Sims know they are related to their G2 and beyond living ancestors?

Next Time: Dr. Velmoor's Poke-emia returns, and a strange guest visits.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #391 on: May 04, 2011, 02:38:43 PM »
I was going to comment on all the things I enjoyed in this update but realized my inbox would be flooded by PMs from the moderators telling me to stop the wall of text! So instead, for space saving reasons, I'm going to tell you what I didn't like about the update: absolutely nothing!

Your dry humour in the Quain/Dorian/Grim conversation is fabulous! Oh hey Grim, how's work? Later dude.

Draigoth's passive-but-obvious way of saying they're the wealthiest Sims in Bridgeport, and everyone knows it! Nice touch.

Personal favorite: Velmoor's skeleton in the corner! I want it!! *Heads off to prod Fyve through the Education career more quickly so she can become a doctor*
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #392 on: May 04, 2011, 03:56:28 PM »
Grim (2): Farewell Quain. Come along Dorian, there's so little to do, and so much time. Wait, strike that, reverse it.

Gahhhh!  That's one of my favorite movies EVER!!!  It must be the original, though.  As much as love Johnny Depp, there will never be another Willy Wonka besides Gene Wilder.  *sigh*

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #393 on: May 04, 2011, 04:06:41 PM »
I love love love Velmoor! ;D Thanks so much for bringing him back. Oh, wait, he hasn't gone anywhere. lol
Anyways, super perfect update. Gotta love the De D'Onlyns! ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #394 on: May 04, 2011, 06:43:13 PM »
Awesome update! The skeleton in the corner is awesome! You're my shining star, that is what you are. Oh man, off to listen to BSB again. Lol you're Dynasty has me listening to anything and everything to get the songs unstuck haha. Thank goodness mine goes away after a few times, sorry yours doesn't!

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #395 on: May 05, 2011, 02:51:29 PM »
Woo! 8K views, very cool, thank you to all the people who read this story, and double thanks to the people who run the forums and image service that make it possible.  At this point I wince when I look at my gallery account, I'm not even 75% done and it's already almost 700 images.  I feel bad.

I was going to comment on all the things I enjoyed in this update but realized my inbox would be flooded by PMs from the moderators telling me to stop the wall of text! So instead, for space saving reasons, I'm going to tell you what I didn't like about the update: absolutely nothing!

Your dry humour in the Quain/Dorian/Grim conversation is fabulous! Oh hey Grim, how's work? Later dude.

Draigoth's passive-but-obvious way of saying they're the wealthiest Sims in Bridgeport, and everyone knows it! Nice touch.

Personal favorite: Velmoor's skeleton in the corner! I want it!! *Heads off to prod Fyve through the Education career more quickly so she can become a doctor*

Wow, thank you lilygirl, that's all very high praise, and I definitely appreciate it.  I love Sinker, he's my favorite award ever!

Gahhhh!  That's one of my favorite movies EVER!!!  It must be the original, though.  As much as love Johnny Depp, there will never be another Willy Wonka besides Gene Wilder.  *sigh*

Thank you Katluvr, I'm glad someone appreciates a good movie quote now and again.  Since my favorite is the book, I like both Willy Wonkas.  "And here's the puppet burn unit, uhm, that's new." LOL

I love love love Velmoor! ;D Thanks so much for bringing him back. Oh, wait, he hasn't gone anywhere. lol
Anyways, super perfect update. Gotta love the De D'Onlyns! ;D

Thank you Katluvr, Velmoor hasn't gone anywhere, and don't worry, he's not gonna ;)

Awesome update! The skeleton in the corner is awesome! You're my shining star, that is what you are. Oh man, off to listen to BSB again. Lol you're Dynasty has me listening to anything and everything to get the songs unstuck haha. Thank goodness mine goes away after a few times, sorry yours doesn't!

Thank you Esther, don't worry, luckily I've grown immune to the annoyance part of having a song stuck in my head, they just don't get unstuck.  Music is good for morale, go listen to more. ;D

ME: This odd fellow was seen examining the house, while thinking about himself.  I think he is a weirdo, his hairdo backs me up on that.

Aeluna: OK sweetie, you just gotta sit real still while I do this, you can play with the ice chips if you want.
Nyarah: Whee! Brr!

Velmoor (1): Simbots are always first in line at my clinics, what seems to be the trouble Malcolm?
Malcolm (1): I've been burning up furniture when I sit on it, I think my power source is over heating.
Velmoor (2): We'll get to the bottom of it right away, hold still while I scan you with this.
Crowd (2): Wow Velmoor is treating a Simbot!  He's so famous! Oh my, a Simbot! Can you believe Velmoor can repair them? Oh my, a Simbot!
ME: There's a reason Simbot get first treatment, they're distracting!  The crowd hasn't even noticed the conjoined Sims standing there waiting for treatment!

Velmoor(1): This series of pokes is guaranteed to cure your disorder.
Bridgeport Citizen (1): Ack!
Velmoor (2): How do you feel?
Citizen (2): Like a million bucks! Your treatment really works!

Aeluna: Who's a lovely little lady?
Nyarah: We are!
Aeluna: Aww *snuggle*
ME: Nyarah gets a lot of attention from the family, and she loves every millisecond of it!

Quain: This is a great party, thanks for inviting me!
Audra Baer: No problem, I'm so excited your wife could make it.
Quain: She never misses a party!
ME: It's true, when it comes to making new friends and getting them to like you, parties are important.  Having many friends is important in politics, you never know which of them might be able to help you out.

Susie (1): I hear you're actually related to the De D'Onlyns.
Nelson Littler (1): Yes, I'm Bronson's father, and the last remaining original townie.
Susie (1): I was wondering if you might want to get involved in my political campaign as a donor?
Susie (2): And Peter Sim said to Mindy "I want you to stay with me, and stay young and have adventures forever!"
ME: While her career takes a great deal of time and effort, Susie takes the time to stay very close to her daughter, nothing is more important than being her mother.

ME: This time it's Draigoth's turn to deliver the birthday girl to her star studded party. He seems happier and more confident than Susie did.

Next Time: The birthday bash of the season, everybody break out your party hats!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #396 on: May 05, 2011, 03:15:51 PM »
YAY! A party invite! *Dives into office closet to find party hat*

Love the bit about Malcolm burning the furniture when he sits on it! Anyone else with buns on fire?!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #397 on: May 05, 2011, 03:49:09 PM »
Awesome update! I love the "Ah a simbot, who cares about conjoined people?!"  ;D Yes it is good for your morale, I love music! Just not when it gets stuck in my head and I go around singing it over and over lol.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #398 on: May 06, 2011, 06:39:12 AM »
Awesome update Juxt!  I got my party hat and a noisemaker for good measure.  Oh and your favorite - Confetti!

As for the toddler races - I don't think any of them could win cutest because they're all pretty darn adorable.  Still would be awesome to watch lol
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #399 on: May 06, 2011, 07:08:31 AM »
there's so little to do, and so much time. Wait, strike that, reverse it.
Willy Wonka! ;D

I just love your dynasty!

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #400 on: May 06, 2011, 04:29:22 PM »
YAY! A party invite! *Dives into office closet to find party hat*

Love the bit about Malcolm burning the furniture when he sits on it! Anyone else with buns on fire?!

Thank you lilygirl, Malcolm shows up a lot, but so far he hasn't fallen in love, here's hoping he finds that special person soon.  I want Simbot Hybrids darn it!

Awesome update! I love the "Ah a simbot, who cares about conjoined people?!"  ;D Yes it is good for your morale, I love music! Just not when it gets stuck in my head and I go around singing it over and over lol.

Thank you Esther, luckily I have a nice alto voice, and the only person I live with doesn't mind me constantly singing, plus we have similar taste in music, so it's all good ;)  Man Simbots just totally steal the spotlight, not even two people in one can compare with "oh my, a Simbot!"

Awesome update Juxt!  I got my party hat and a noisemaker for good measure.  Oh and your favorite - Confetti!

As for the toddler races - I don't think any of them could win cutest because they're all pretty darn adorable.  Still would be awesome to watch lol

Thank you Ricalynn, Ooh *confetti*  Come on, there's nothing more celebratory than making a huge mess with pretty confetti!  I agree, none would win for cuteness alone in that toddler race :)

Willy Wonka! ;D

I just love your dynasty!

Thank you Alexandria, I'm glad you're still enjoying it :D

Rude Paparazzi (1): Hey, are you guys home?! How do you feel about Nyarah's birthday? Does it upset you that Allison isn't here to see it?  Do you have any comment?
Aeluna (1): Dial 1-800-555-Grim, I'll leave this guy's removal up to him!
Paparazzi (2): Woah! I'm floating! Aeluna! Do you have any comment on my recent death?

Aeluna: Seriously, I have an important party to get to, now get your spirit off my property!
Grim: Come with me mortal, I have a special place for those such as you.
Paparazzi: Is it awesome?
Grim: I think so, but you probably won't.

Quain: Are you ready birthday girl? It's time to blow out your candles!
Nyarah: Happy birthday to me!

Nyarah: *blows out candles*
Family: Woo!
ME: This party went perfectly, yay!  But I feel it's missing something, no, it's missing someone, who could it be?

Nelson Littler (1): This is a very special day, if only there was some way I could make it even better.
Nelson (2): Woah, I'm floating, I'd say that's pretty special, is this a new vampiric power?!

Nelson: Oh, nope, I'm a ghost, you know, it's not as bad as I thought it would be.
ME: Why isn't his ghost red, he's totally a vampire, maybe cause he was always a vampire?

ME: While half the party is watching Nelson die, Nyarah becomes an adorable cross eyed little girl.

Grim: I have come for you at last Nelson Littler, you will come with me!
Nelson: I got to see my son's G3 Granddaughter become a child, it's more than anyone could ask for, I am ready Grim.
Susie: Goodbye Nelson, I'm not sure why everyone in this family hated you, but thanks for donating!

Nelson: Please take me with you, I'm so ready to go!
Grim: Calm down mortal, I already said you're coming with me.
ME: Nelson is not my favorite Sim, I only invited him hoping he'd kick the bucket and invite Grim, woo!

ME: The family gathers for cake and celebrations, it looks like the bartender is excited to see so many super stars at once.
Quain: I've been getting promotions so fast I can't keep my skills up as high as they'd like, I hope that doesn't become a real problem.

ME: Nyarah is a child, and she is in love with the latest fashions from Superstar designer Gheez.

Next Time: Politics, pushy paparazzi, and promotions. (I like alliteration, can't help it.)
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #401 on: May 06, 2011, 05:05:49 PM »
Nelson Littler (1): This is a very special day, if only there was some way I could make it even better.
Nelson (2): Woah, I'm floating, I'd say that's pretty special, is this a new vampiric power?!

He died of old age not starvation that's why! 

Happy Birthday Nyarah!  She's still adorable.  I love her clothes - it's like she has an outfit with a color from all the ones before her. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #402 on: May 06, 2011, 05:07:29 PM »
Happy birthday Nyarah! I think it's funny. Nelson wasn't your fave and you invited him just hoping Grim would come haha. It's awesome about the paparazzi!  :D I think only vampires that starve have a red ghost. Or probably some other death. Old age seems to be only white!

EDIT: Rica and I posted at the same time. How cool is that?!  ;D

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #403 on: May 06, 2011, 06:32:52 PM »
Happy Birthday Nyarah!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #404 on: May 06, 2011, 06:58:13 PM »
Happy birthday Nyarah! Poor Nelson, Grim is cruel lol. I love the setting of the whole party, so Grim can't bring me down anyways. :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

anything