Author Topic: How do you play rich families?  (Read 75243 times)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
How do you play rich families?
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2012, 05:14:39 PM »
Does having a Sim donate to charity actually benefit the sim?

Offline twallan

• Townie
Re: How do you play rich families?
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2012, 05:30:55 PM »
Does having a Sim donate to charity actually benefit the sim?

If your sim has the "Good" or "Evil" trait, they receive a moodlet for donating.

For everyone else, it is essentially a money sink for role-playing purposes. :)
NRaas Industries.  Saving Sims games from becoming doorstops since 2009.

Forum Rules

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
How do you play rich families?
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2012, 05:57:48 PM »
Thanks, twallen! I tried it in one of my good sims but didn't notice the moodlet.

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2012, 06:11:13 PM »
Hi judewight  i have also noticed that when my sim donates she gets a lovely golden halo above her head lol as well as a positive moodlet

Offline Nyxi

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2013, 11:53:35 PM »
What I do is pretend my heir got disowned, move him out and set familyfunds to 0, then see if he can get richer than his old family...

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2013, 03:17:15 AM »
I let my Sims enjoy each other's company and befriend the whole neighborhood. I also let my Sims go out to restaurants or visit the theatre frequently. I also concentrate on expanding the family tree.

Offline Mahmeya

• Townie
« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2013, 12:50:13 PM »
As long as it is useful, I keep upgrading the house, roughly in these steps:
Start: simple bedroom, bathroom and general room (kitchen+dining room+living room in one). House size is usually 10x10 or similiar
step1: add one skill room, usually gym
step2: make a child, build him bedroom with private bathroom; expanded with aging and later marriage. Similiar step is made anew later with grandchildren.
step3: expanding existing rooms to remove pathing issues.
At this point I usually move from starting lot to 60x60 or bigger and buildint the house with wider halls to make pathing with multiple sims easier
step4: adding another room, usually library with music instruments and such
step5: complete back yard beautification, usually building a lake with lot of trees and bushes. fence added. If I built a pool before, house is expanded in height and pool is moved to the roof.
later, if needed, I add "explosive room" (cointains the alchemy pot, gemcutting machine, and/or inventor's table), entertainment room(with pool, darts, table football and such group activities); garage (usually underground, but rarely needed as chopper is easily kept in sim's backpack and fast enough) or laundry room. If I use a sim to travel, nectar cellar and "vault of antiquities" is built.

Decorations are mostly sim-done paintings with a statue here and there.
Due to my practic approach, the house rarely exceeds 500.000 worth. After that the money just accumulate as sims continue living normal life, though I choose jobs/professions that aren't much money makers at that point to try them out.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2013, 01:22:49 PM »
I begin creating internal drama in mine, and my families are ALWAYS insanely rich xD

That, or I simply begin abusing my wealth and buying out properties and turning them into places only I will ever use.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #98 on: February 03, 2013, 01:29:34 PM »
Most of my rich sims are awful people on the inside, so I get family drama, just like Wiry.

Spa visits and stupidly expensive cars are nice money sinks too. I also rebuild like a maniac.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #99 on: February 03, 2013, 01:37:21 PM »
Most of my rich sims are awful people on the inside, so I get family drama, just like Wiry.

Spa visits and stupidly expensive cars are nice money sinks too. I also rebuild like a maniac.

Not as terrible people as mine.

Another thing I do is go all rococo and paint a billion portraits of my sims in expensive furniture surrounded by luxury, then I have an inventor blow it all up.  I can't remember the last time I bought my sims a car though  ;D
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Fastmav347

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #100 on: February 04, 2013, 09:54:52 AM »
My first sim I got up too over 500k net so far without cheats, he's engaged to Jamie right now, they enjoy traveling and throwing pool parties in the summer.  I just started a new game in Monte Vista where my sims unofficial goal is to get rich and woohoo every lady in town, should create alot of drama and fun ><

Offline LemonBonBons

• Nooboo
  • We live. We grow old. We die. That's how life goes
« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2013, 12:56:11 PM »
I personally hate playing with rich sims because it makes the game too simple and I like it to be a challenge, where you have to earn your way through the game.
MARSHMALLOW FIGHT!!!!! -----===(_() ----===(_() -----===(_() ----===(_()

Offline Mahmeya

• Townie
« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2013, 03:57:49 PM »
Finding a way to spend at least 1/10 of the money can be challenge too when you get too rich. In my case, fully upgraded house is worth up to 650k $. With the item upgrades I do continuously before reaching that point I believe my cap to spend money is somewhere around 1,5M $.
On the other hand it gives me enough space to try crazy ideas with my house - gardens with lakes, house looking like castle (or trying and not ending well enough).
And the main upside is the ability to try careers that are not that well paid with no risk of becoming poor.

Dellena

« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2013, 06:25:37 PM »
With the new feature of owning more than one property, I have a plan cooking in my head to build a massive horse ranch using the three large properties in Sunset Valley (I'll move the other two families.  I'll also add two more lots to cover the corners.  Should be nice and expensive.  It's been a while since I got into the horse breeding which can keep you quite occupied with the racing and training.  I might look at other worlds that it would work in as well.  Am a little sick of SSV atm.  Been playing it a long time.  Oh the ideals spinning through my head.

Leto85

« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2013, 03:02:48 PM »
Must say you guys have interesting ideas on how to play rich families.
More than once I personally find that in games (not just Sims) having a huge bank account suck the fun out of the game quite quickly.
And often.

anything