Author Topic: To summon a mummy... and to cure it  (Read 79381 times)

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
To summon a mummy... and to cure it
« on: December 16, 2009, 04:07:24 PM »
So I have a Sim who has traveled a lot and picked up all kinds of junk along the way and I never really sell any of it. Among other things she had enough pieces to make a couple of sarcophagusses/sarcophagi...?/coffin thingies. I put those in the basement and she's been using them to sleep in sometimes.

One day when I clicked on one I got the option to "Summon Mummy". Oooh. So I did that and a mummy came out. :o
It waved to my Sim and said sul sul or whatever Sims say and then it went off to dance.
It joined the family like a normal Sim except it doesn't have bladder or energy needs and it moves really slowly. It also has some weird conversation choices like "Talk about sand". The first thing it wanted to do was to join the law enforcement career. That's kind of wrong, who wants to meet a mummy policeman?
The freakiest thing about my mummy is that it has the "Great Kisser" trait. Eww! When I click on a sarcophagus my Sims now get the option to WooHoo with the mummy. EWW!

Anyway I think you need 5 canopic jars (the collectibles, not the common kind) to summon a mummy because my Sim had 6 and after the mummy joined the family she only had one left. After experimenting a little it seems like the gender of the Sim summoning the mummy determines the gender of the mummy you get but I can't be sure.

Well, having a mummy in the family turned out not to be as interesting as you would think. They don't seem to be able to curse people or anything. It kept pestering my Sims when I wanted them to work and since it likes latin music and my Sims don't it kept changing the radio stations. Then I found out that if you make it sleep even if it never needs to it doesn't wake up unless you cancel the action. So you can use the coffins for mummy storage. :)

I have a Blessed Sarcophagus of the Kings and after I made it sleep in that a couple of times I got the message that the mummy was feeling closer to the living or something like that. So I made it sleep there one more time and it turned into a normal Sim!

I guess if you can get a Cursed Sarcophagus of the Kings and make a Sim sleep in it a few times it will turn into a mummy?

Anyway I now have a plump elderly Egyptian lady living in my Sims house. Meh. I think I'll just kick her out. Now I want to go looking for more canopic jars to get a new mummy and then kick it out while it's still a mummy. I want to see if it will get a job and get married.

And I want that cursed sarcophagus! I'm going to kidnap other Sims, turn them into mummies and then set them loose in Sunset Valley, hee hee.

Mummy Boogie.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: To summon a mummy... and to cure it
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 05:06:08 PM »
That's a totally awesome story!  I actually have a Cursed Sarcophagus of the Kings reassembled.  I've had my Sim sleep in it three times, but he didn't turn into a mummy.  I guess I'll keep trying.  Lol.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 05:50:33 PM »
That is great! Thanks for sharing! I think I'll get my sim to try and get a mummy too. :)

And I like your idea of setting a bunch of mummies loose in town! Do it and let us know how it turns out. LOL

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 11:29:24 PM »
Thanks guys.
I still need that cursed sarcophagus, I've never had one. It will always be the blessed ones. Once you have both the cursed and blessed ones you should be able to have some fun. :D

That's a totally awesome story!  I actually have a Cursed Sarcophagus of the Kings reassembled.  I've had my Sim sleep in it three times, but he didn't turn into a mummy.  I guess I'll keep trying.  Lol.

I think you need to leave them in there for a longer time. Several hours, I'm not sure... Try letting them have a full nights sleep each time.
Anyway, good luck with that! ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 12:29:47 AM »
I think you need to leave them in there for a longer time. Several hours, I'm not sure... Try letting them have a full nights sleep each time.
Anyway, good luck with that! ;D

The "sleep three times" is apparently just a rumor.  I've let him stay in it for quite awhile, even though he doesn't get much rest in it.  His energy bar barely moves.  However... he gained a level of Athletic skill while sleeping in the sarcophagus.  And this last time, it said he feels stronger, and not quite normal.  He's also much more muscular.  Looks like he's beginning to transform!  He got in it on his own the next time.  He's sleeping at the moment.

Edit:  Ok, maybe not a rumor on the three sleep times.  Apparently, I just didn't let him sleep long enough.  After three full nights in the sarcophagus, my Sim Indiana Jones turned into a mummy.  Ugh.  He can still do all the things he did before...  same skills, same job, all that stuff.  He still has his same voice, but it sounds muffled.  As if his head is wrapped in bandages or something.  When he showers, he stays soaked and dripping for two hours, making puddles all over the house.  I tried having him kiss the King Cobra, but it didn't do anything to bring him back.  I don't like it much.  It's creepy.  I've gathered my data, though, so I think I'll go back to the saved version before he turned and put that blasted Cursed Sarcophagus of the Kings in the family inventory!!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 04:02:27 AM »
That's cool Pam, good to know it works both ways. :)

I wouldn't want one of the Sims I've been playing to become a mummy either, they're annoying.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 11:34:48 PM »
One of the things that new update was supposed to do was to give you a hint on how to summon a mummy. Well, I've just found a canopic jar and it now has an inscription which says:

"By using five canopic jars in a sarcophagus, an ancient being may join your household."

So I guess that's confirmed, you need five canopic jars.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 01:20:17 AM »
I also thought of another thing that I'm trying right now and will let you all know if it works.  ;)

I was using the Edit Town tool in Sunset Valley and was just going around kinda randomly trying to improve some of the community lots. One of the small fishing holes near the center of town, I made it into a really nice park complete with bathroom, a couple of grills, picnic tables, and some benches. (more of a family area) I also went to the Pleasant View Graveyard and was putting in a couple more plants and stuff and then decided to add a few more headstones.

I found out that using the "buydebug" cheat (after enabling the testingcheats) and putting in some "remains" (headstones) from that area......if you ctrl-shift-click on the headstone, it lets you "override the inscription" (or something to that effect) and it basically lets you change how the person died. I made one of them as having died from a mummy's curse and so I'm hoping it will bring out a mummy or mummy-ghost into the graveyard since they all seem to come out at night. I've got my two sims fishing in the graveyard now and it's almost midnight, so I'll let you all know if I get a mummy or not. LOL

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 02:15:01 AM »
Ha, very interesting. I'd like to know how that turns out. ;D

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 09:58:48 AM »
Well I didn't get a mummy my first time, but sometimes, they don't come out every time, so I'll go there a few nights in a row and see what happens. I hope a mummy comes out!   ;D

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 06:26:26 PM »
I did some testing while looking for a way to cheat to summon a mummy to help people who just want to play one. I can confirm that sleeping in the cursed sarcophagus of kings does turn them into mummies. It's more a time spent thing. You see, it has a nice effect in that it can raise athletics while acting as a very low energy bed. The price for using this ability is the Sim will turn into a mummy after using it for well over 10 hours. I'm not clear on the breaking point. The effect is cumulative. Sleeping in the blessed sarcophacus does not reset this timer. Once a Sim is a mummy, they'll need to sleep inside the blessed one for about as long as it took the cursed one. Try 6 hour shifts and you'll eventually add up enough hours.

The only time I would ever use this is when I was pursuing the physical perfection lifetime wish, or trying to fulfill career athletics need requirements. In those cases it should be used in combination with other forms of exercise (sim fu, normal workout) since it works while fatigued. By the time you wake up, your Sim will be ready to go all over again but have still gained more athletic ability. The sad thing is it doesn't fulfill any athletic skill challenge requirements so you wouldn't get any of the benefits of using athletics.

So, assembling canopic jar collections and sarcophagus leads to two forms of getting a mummy: a free one, or a sim turned into one. I'll have to put this into article format to share a bit more information and make it a nice compendium

If you just want to try out being a mummy without all the adventuring it takes to hunt down all those fragments and jars, cheat:

1. Ctrl+shift+C
2. testingcheatsenabled true
3. buydebug
4. Find the two sarcophagus types in sort by function - buy debug - miscellaneous objects
5. turn up your sim's other needs by clicking and dragging the needs bar
6. fully deplete energy
7. sleep
8. repeat 6 and 7
9. avoid fire on pain of death. autumn salad anyone?

Player-controlled mummies seem to be treated the same as any other Sim by fire traps in tombs while traveling -- thus, they're safe and just get knocked down and scared. Avoid fire at home.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 11:33:23 AM »
Nice work Carl. And a good tip for cheating. I'm still thinking of turning all my Sims friends into mummies... ;D

Oh right. I hadn't thought of that. :o :D

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 03:53:46 PM »
Yes with unlimited energy they'd be good tomb raiders theoretically, but one fire trap and they're gone? I've yet to test that.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 05:09:25 PM »
I don't get number 9??? 

What am I missing?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2009, 05:14:42 PM »
I don't get number 9??? 

What am I missing?

I think what Carl is saying is you don't need to worry about kitchen fires when you eat Autumn Salads.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2009, 05:16:02 PM »
But what does that have to do with summoning a mummy? LOL

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2009, 05:26:43 PM »

Good advice Carl.  ;)  Thanks for all the info, not sure I want a mummy around  :-\ , although it would be funny to see them out and about the town.  ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2009, 07:22:37 PM »
But what does that have to do with summoning a mummy? LOL

It's just advice on how to keep the mummy once you've summoned it.  :D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2009, 07:38:25 PM »
Oh ok....so feed him autumn salads?

I'm in the process of trying to get one now. I'm having my sim sleep in the sarcophagus. She just finished her 2nd full night in there. I wanted to make sure....she's supposed to sleep in the plain one right?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009, 07:42:24 PM »
Well...  the thing is...  mummies are very susceptible to burning to death because of all their bandages.  If one catches fire, it's all over.  So, one way to keep your mummy from burning to death is to eat Autumn Salad because it's a cold dish and doesn't require using the stove.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2009, 08:26:28 PM »
Oh ok....so feed him autumn salads?

I'm in the process of trying to get one now. I'm having my sim sleep in the sarcophagus. She just finished her 2nd full night in there. I wanted to make sure....she's supposed to sleep in the plain one right?

They need to sleep in the Cursed Sarcophagus of Kings specifically.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2009, 08:44:54 PM »

Hmm...ok, I thought the Sims would sleep in that one if they wanted to turn into a mummy themselves. I thought they needed to sleep in the plain to summon a mummy? And then the mummy could sleep in the Blessed one to turn into a human....  Did I get that all wrong? I need to go back and read the thread from the beginning because she just finished her 3rd night in the sarcophagus and nothing has happened.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2009, 11:53:58 PM »

Hmm...ok, I thought the Sims would sleep in that one if they wanted to turn into a mummy themselves.

They do.

Sleeping in the Cursed sarcophagus turns Sims into mummies; sleeping in the Blessed sarcophagus turns mummies into Sims.

If you want to make a new mummy you need 5 canopic jars in the Sim's inventory, then the option to summon a mummy will come up when you click on any sarcophagus; no sleeping involved.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2009, 06:18:52 AM »
Oh ok!!  I forgot about the canopic jars! I have plenty of them, but they're stored in a chest. I need to pull them out and put them back in her inventory.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2009, 07:20:50 AM »
So how long does it usually take for a mummy to show up?  I put all her canopic jars back in her inventory and the option to "summon a mummy" came up, so I clicked that and she walked over to the sarcophagus, but the mummy hasn't come yet. I clicked it again....but still no mummy and now the option to summon one isn't there anymore. Do they only come out at night or something?

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2009, 08:20:06 AM »
The few times I've tried it the mummy showed right away. There was a flash of light and the mummy's picture showed up to the left of the screen along with the other Sims in the house and after a while it came out of the sarcophagus.
And once when it took too long I had my Sim try to sleep in the sarcophagus and instead she said "Mummy!" and the mummy came out.

Do you have the latest patch?
I noticed this in the list of changes:

Sims no longer lose the ingredients required to summon a mummy if the interaction fails.

This seems to imply that you can fail to make a mummy and you would lose the canopic jars if you did. :-\

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2009, 08:45:33 AM »
Her mummy never showed up and yes I have the latest patch and no I didn't lose my jars. Maybe when I get home from work tonight, I'll have her try to sleep in it and see if the mummy comes out. I even put together another sarcophagus to see if that one would work and I don't even get the option to summon a mummy on that one either.  ???

Bubby_K

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2009, 07:18:00 PM »
Her mummy never showed up and yes I have the latest patch and no I didn't lose my jars. Maybe when I get home from work tonight, I'll have her try to sleep in it and see if the mummy comes out. I even put together another sarcophagus to see if that one would work and I don't even get the option to summon a mummy on that one either.  ???

Hi I'm new ^-^

Okay I had the same problem, and this is how I fixed it

I hope you didn't save after doing that, because it seems to be an odd bug that stays when you save AFTER activating it.

Anyways, I live on the beach and I was wondering if the mummy was showing up because of it that. So yeah, I experimented a lot and long story short, I built a basement, threw the Egyptian coffin thing into the basement. Also, I made sure that it wasn't against any walls, that it was in the center of the room because my Sim complained that something was blocking the path to it (strange). And yeah, a mummy appeared. ^-^

Note: I also had a total of 8 canopic jars and I put 3 in the house, so it had a total of 5 left, just in case it contributed to this odd bug.

You can tell if you're going to get the mummy to appear because your Sim literally opens the coffin thing and celestial light shimmers from within, and another household member slot opens up within a microsecond.

If anyone else hasn't come across the bug, then what basically happens is that you click on "Summon mummy" and your Sim walks up to it, and that's it. Nothing else happens. "Summon mummy" no longer appears. However, those 5 canopic jars remain in your inventory, however, you can no longer read the inscription. You can't even pick it up or move it out of your inventory. If you exit the game (after saving) came back in, then you can move it, sell it, whatever. But still, no more summoning. >.>

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2010, 11:45:26 PM »
I finally got the cursed sarcophagus and I immediately kidnapped Gunther Goth and turned him into a mummy. I never liked that guy, hee heee.

It seemed to improve his personality too, he spent several hours in the garden like this:

Thornton Wolff showed up so I had Gunther insult him till they were enemies. He never got the option to curse Thornton, just to call his mother a llama.

Well, I had no use for him after that so I kicked him out. A few days later when my Sim was playing guitar in front of the theater, guess who showed up to dance...

;D

A little later my Sim had to go to work but when she saw Gunther she said "Mummy!" and it canceled her action to go to work. So I'm thinking turning the whole town into mummies isn't such a great idea after all, if she has to stop and stare every time she sees one. :-\

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2010, 11:49:56 PM »
I like Gunther!  Until he ages to Elderly and loses his beard, hat, and clothes.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2010, 01:52:04 AM »
OMG PJ, that is TOO funny!!   :D :D I had no idea that mummies would actually do things like normal people. I never did get my mummy and I finally stopped trying.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2010, 02:31:48 AM »
I like Gunther!

Then you should be happy to know he's enjoying life as a mummy.

I had no idea that mummies would actually do things like normal people.

Sure they do. :)

Hanging out with his peep, Molly French.

He lost the game though.

He did all this on his own by the way, I had already kicked him out and just happened to see him walking down the street so I followed to see what he was up to.

I never did get my mummy and I finally stopped trying.

You can use the cheat Carl describes to get the cursed sarcophagus. What I did was use the cheat to add other Sims to the household, then make them sleep in the coffin a couple of times.

I did a naughty thing today, well tried to. I kidnapped a child and tried to make her a mummy. She wouldn't sleep in the sarcophagus though, I had to age her up to teen before she would get in there. I sent the teen mummy off to school once just because it amused me, then I aged her to young adult to be able to kick her out.

It must have been quite traumatic for the Bunch family. Little Darlene disappears as a child, then reappears a few days later as a young adult mummy. O_O

Oh and I've discovered that Gunther has moved into a house of his own instead of moving back in with Cornelia. I guess you can't blame her for refusing to let him in. They're still married though, maybe she's pretending to be a widow.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2010, 04:51:48 PM »
However, I can by personal experience verify that fire traps NEVER kills your sims, even if he's a mummy. The guy I'm playing with at the moment is perfectly happy with being a mummy and an adventurer.

Traps can at worst make your sim faint, but it's never lethal. Nevertheless, a fun way to kill a sim is by placing a fire or electric trap with the buyDebug cheat and activate it. As said, it will not kill your sim, not directly at least. But it may trigger a normal fire sometimes (although very rarely), and that's perfectly fine for killing mummies. Never had these fires started by traps outside my own homes though, so it is possible that it never occurs in adventures.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline romagia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2010, 04:48:30 AM »
Fun facts: I believe Blessed Sarcophagus freezes all moods while you sleep in it (similar to TS2 meditation) and the cursed one increases athletic skill. After sleeping 24 hours in the cursed one, you become a mummy, and after sleeping 12 hours in the blessed one, you become human if you are a mummy.

Also mummies live 5 times as long as a normal Sim (on epic lifetime their Young Adulthood lasts about 1,000 days), but walk extremely slow, and that can get annoying at times.
Mummies make good writers/painters/etc. because they don't need to sleep. Also, their long lives might bring some advantages, but can't really think of any at the moment.

Also, mummies get a hidden trait "MummyCUT"; didn't experiment much with it, like what would happen if I give a CAS Sim that trait, but wanted to share.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2010, 04:53:45 AM »
I've only controlled one mummy and it creeped me out!  *shudders*

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2010, 12:12:10 PM »

C'mon, Pam. You can work through this. You're thinking of the scary old mummy movies from the 40's and 50's and the recent updates with Brendan Fraser. You need to think of that old Scooby Doo episode where that hilarious mummy is chasing the gang around — "Coin....Coin!"

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2010, 01:15:23 PM »

The worst part about them is that animation were the head fall backwards 90 degrees due to lack of a neck and the guy have serious trouble getting it up straight again. Hilarious! :D
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2010, 01:23:56 PM »
I want a mummy now! I'm gonna have to try again.  :-\

bshag

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2010, 01:28:25 PM »
I gotta say, I'm with Pam on this one...no want no mummy, don't need no mummy.  :D

Already got a mummy and one's quite enough (RL).  :D

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2010, 03:16:29 PM »
But mummies are people too! :'(

Here's Gunther on his way to work.

And since his wife kicked him out he tries hitting on one of the new babes in town.

Darlene is wondering if she can buy new bandages at the grocery store. Or will she have to go around in the same old rags forever?

She also tips well.

But sometimes Gunther has disturbing thoughts...

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2010, 03:49:15 PM »
That last pic reminded me...
Have any of you tried to go near a lit fireplace with a mummy? I don't think they can be ignited from them (I tried), but they get a "scared" moodlet for 3h with -30 in mood!
First time that happened I thought he had seen death himself!

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2010, 05:28:56 PM »
PJ, your mummy pictures just crack me up!!   :D

How many mummies do you have in town now??

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2010, 05:57:02 PM »
So far I only have the two of them. I wanted to see how it all turned out before making more.

It's very funny seeing them around town. Gunther especially is a party animal, he shows up almost every day to dance when my Sim is playing for tips. Darlene also walks by most days. Sometimes the other Sims boos them, other times they talk to them or dances. Lots of mummy dancing.

The problem is that sometimes when my Sim sees one of the mummies she just stops what she's doing and goes Mummy! and everything drops out of her queue. It doesn't happen every time but she doesn't seem to get used to them either. So I'm worried that if I make too many mummies it will be impossible to get her to do anything like playing for tips. It will just be Mummy!, Mummy!, Mummy! every time she leaves the house. :D

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2010, 09:18:39 PM »
I'm in the process of making a mummy right now. The two sims I'm playing right are adult brother and sister. The brother is a crazy sort of guy with the traits- Inappropriate, Insane, Hot-Headed, Natural Cook, & Handy. So I'm turning him into a mummy. Will the mummy version of Frank have all those same traits?

Also, how will I know that he has turned into a mummy? Will his picture change before he gets out of the sarcophagus?

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2010, 09:25:44 PM »
YAY!!  Frank is a mummy!  He's still fat too which surprised me. I thought he would have gotten thin from all the increase in his athletic ability.  :D :D

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2010, 09:54:29 PM »
LOL...this is too funny!  I sent Frank out on the town and he got a girlfriend already! It seems that people like him better this way. He only had a few interactions with this girl he met and he already was able to ask her to go steady....so he did and she said YES!

So what happens now? Can mummies get married and have mummy babies?

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2010, 12:49:24 AM »
Time for you all to send congratulations.....Frank and Mercedes just got married! LOL  Seriously, it was so strange that he got the option to propose so quickly. Maybe because Mercedes has the daredevil trait? She obviously wasn't afraid of him. I've since found that they can woohoo, but they can NOT try for a baby.

Here is when they first met outside of the theater. Her friends weren't too keen on him flirting with her.

This is when they shared their first kiss.

The proposal!

The first woohoo.

Sleeping together. Aren't they just the cutest?

The private wedding. I've since given Mercedes a makeover- new hairstyle, makeup, and some new clothes. She looked a bit like a hussy when Frank first met her. LOL

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2010, 01:06:00 AM »
Hee hee, congratulations.

And no, I'm quite sure mummies can't have babies. But your Sim could sneak around and get pregnant by someone else and then the mummy could still get to be a father. :D

I wonder if the mummy would lose weight if he worked out?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2010, 07:32:23 AM »
Nice screenshots, RockinRobin. By the looks of the last one, Frank clearly has Mercedes wrapped around his finger.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2010, 08:08:44 AM »
That's interesting...Your mummy looks identical to mine! Mine's also a fat guy and got that red outfit (I know there are different colours they can get) so maybe there are different factors that can determine which colours you get?

Ah, maybe I'm just babbling away. Nice screenshots anyway! :D

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2010, 10:27:24 AM »
Actually PJ....Frank is now slim and trim! I had him run on the treadmill for a few hours and weight just melted off....literally....he had sweat droplets flying off of him! LOL The newlyweds are now in Al Simhara for their honeymoon. It's pretty funny traveling with a mummy.....especially to Egypt...the townspeople all freak when they see him. But he didn't let that stop him. He walked right into the general store and bought his supplies.....even though at first, the shopkeeper refused to sell to him. He had to introduce himself and make friends with her, and then she would sell to him.

I think I'm gonna take him on an adventure. Maybe he'll meet up with another mummy! LOL At least I won't have to worry about him getting a curse. :D :D

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2010, 10:55:48 AM »
I also decided that I'm going to turn his wife Mercedes into a mummy too. That might be interesting to have a mummy couple and see what trouble they can get into.  :D

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2010, 11:46:24 AM »
Do that, it'll certainly be fun! A female mummy also get a more yellowish tint to their bandages, where males get that blue tint you see in those screenshots.
Looks really cute together! ;D

Mistake

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2010, 05:32:43 PM »
Ok, I searched for topics with mummies but I couldn't find the thing I'm looking for. I collected the canops and reconstructed the sarcophagus (the big black one) and then I clicked on the sarcophagus and there was an option with creating a mummy, so I did. But nothing really happened, I read the Carl's walkthrough and I did the same. I have the canops in my backpack, but I can't do a thing with them, I can't even put them on the lot. (It's been like 4 days ingame)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2010, 05:33:57 PM »
Did I read that you have to place the canops in the Sarcophogus?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Mistake

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2010, 05:37:38 PM »
Well I thought she put them there when I clicked on create mummy. Because now I can't move with the canops.

djlee777

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2010, 06:58:19 PM »
There isn't always a 100% chance of getting one, I guess you had bad luck.

Mistake

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2010, 07:09:21 PM »
But shouldn't my canops be destroyed then?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2010, 07:33:31 PM »
The thread you're looking for is here.

I'm merging this topic with the existing one.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2010, 02:03:38 AM »
What Options come up when you click the Sarcoph with the Canops inside?

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2010, 06:43:58 AM »
But shouldn't my canops be destroyed then?

Yes, the canopic jars should be gone and you should have a mummy in your house immediately. Or nothing.

What's happened to your jars sounds like a bug. :(

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2010, 08:14:07 AM »
Yes, you are absolutely correct on the mummy, except the gender, my female sim made a mummy and it was a male mummy and he to decided he wanted to dance, really funny.  I did however move him out and he moved into that little underground house on the edge of town, good place for a mummy.  On the second night my sim slept in the cursed one, the little message came up about my sim turning into a mummy and so I decided not to sleep in that one anymore. I have a fence around it so they will not sleep in it anymore.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline aws_137

• Townie
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2010, 02:57:17 AM »
A little off topic. You know, there's this one thing with mummies I really don't like. For every newly loaded game of Sims, any Sims who see a mummy for the first time(in a load) will stop what they're currently doing to express their dislike for the mummy. A pain when you have to micromanage your other Sims all over again. Pfft.

Aaaannnnd back to topic, actually I don't recall actually needing Canopic Jars when I made my mummy. Sure, there were Canopic Jars lying around in the house as display. All I did was have my Sim sleep through 2 full bars of energy in the Cursed Sarchophagus of Kings.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2010, 04:43:09 AM »
Aaaannnnd back to topic, actually I don't recall actually needing Canopic Jars when I made my mummy. Sure, there were Canopic Jars lying around in the house as display. All I did was have my Sim sleep through 2 full bars of energy in the Cursed Sarchophagus of Kings.
Yes, there are two ways of acquiring a mummy:
1. Put in five canopic jars into a sarcophagus and a mummy appears. This apparently does not have a 100% success rate.
or
2. Get a sim to sleep a little while in the cursed sarcophagus of kings and he/she will transform into a mummy.

Note that in method 1 you don't transform your sim into a mummy, you get a whole other mummy!

Offline aws_137

• Townie
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2010, 09:54:25 AM »
Owh, that explains a lot.

And, btw, congrats on your promotion, swede.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2010, 02:48:23 PM »
Yes, with the Cursed sarcophagus, you don't need canopic jars.  Your Sim has to sleep in it three nights in a row (or a certain total number of hours).  I didn't like it much when my Sim turned into a mummy and would never play that game again.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2010, 02:51:48 AM »
Turn Your Sim into a Mummy
This method requires you to assemble a Cursed Sarcophagus of Kings. Sleeping inside one of them will raise your Sim's athletic skill. The "drawback" here, is that your Sim will eventually be cursed and turn into a mummy. It takes about 16 hours of sleeping to cause this. The way to reverse this is to sleep in a Blessed Sarcophagus for 8 or more hours

If this helps anyone!

bshag

« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2010, 12:35:36 PM »
Yes, with the Cursed sarcophagus, you don't need canopic jars.  Your Sim has to sleep in it three nights in a row (or a certain total number of hours).  I didn't like it much when my Sim turned into a mummy and would never play that game again.
Awww Pam, think of the challenge of turning mummy back into sim again. ;D

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2010, 01:21:18 PM »
Awww Pam, think of the challenge of turning mummy back into sim again. ;D

It says in my Quote from the guide -

The way to reverse this is to sleep in a Blessed Sarcophagus for 8 or more hours

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2010, 08:42:57 PM »
In my particular mummy situation, I didn't have the Blessed sarcophagus and my adventurer was the one who turned into a mummy!  I just didn't have the energy to try to turn him back.  Lol!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2010, 02:43:59 AM »
Well you could use a little bit of buydebug?  ;) Why did you turn your adventurer into a walking Toilet Paper Sim?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2010, 02:33:39 PM »
Nah.  That game is long gone anyway with my reinstall.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2010, 02:37:41 PM »
Having one of my wierd though moments.

'How does a Mummy have a bath?  :o'

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2010, 03:05:34 PM »
They shower or bathe, but then they are soaking wet for hours because their bandages don't dry.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2010, 03:21:26 PM »
Well that explains a lot, I tried using the testingcheats and buydebug way of sleeping in Cursed Sarcophagus (sp?) but got bored so I don't really bother playing with mummies.

Offline aws_137

• Townie
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2010, 01:30:59 AM »
Having one of my wierd though moments.

'How does a Mummy have a bath?  :o'

Mummies never undress or change, if that's what you're thinking. They bathe with their... uhhh... bandages on and end up soaking wet.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2010, 03:16:14 PM »
Mummies never undress or change, if that's what you're thinking.
Does anyone know if mummies can change their clothes (they come in different colours ::)) after they've been created? I've done some testing and you can get different colours on their clothes if you reload to the time before the mummy was created; but when the mummy has been created, I can't find any way for him/her to change to another colour. I've attempted several techniques, but has anyone succeeded in doing so?

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2010, 05:05:44 PM »
The only mummy I've had loved to dance too, are they all like that?  Any time I didn't have him doing anything specific he'd be at the stereo.  Kinda sad that they don't "walk like an Egyptian".  lol

My mummy had the charismatic trait and he really wanted to be Leader of the Free World, which I soon learned was pretty much impossible because anyone that met him was disgusted.  VERY hard to make friends when you're undead I guess. 

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2010, 05:13:26 PM »
My mummy had the charismatic trait and he really wanted to be Leader of the Free World, which I soon learned was pretty much impossible because anyone that met him was disgusted.  VERY hard to make friends when you're undead I guess. 
They only get the 'mummy!' interaction once in a while (I think per reload of the save game). This forcibly cancels your interaction queue, but when the other sims have looked disgusted once, they start behaving normally again and you can interact with them. So all you need to do is tell your mummy to do the interaction again!

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2010, 02:54:46 AM »
When I found a mummy in a tomb, I played a game with it, I made my sim walk a few paces, stop, walk on a bit. He wasn't bothered about the mummy because he was brave. He was Mikey Character the Sim to the left and founder of my Legacy so I didn't want him to die of mumminess!

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2010, 02:22:33 PM »
Yeah, I know Swede, but it was annoying enough that I changed his lifetime wish to something easier.  :)

Offline tara1727

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2010, 07:34:48 PM »
My experience with mummies and canopic jars is that you need to have full canopic jars collection (not just any five canopic jars) in your sim's inventory for them to be able to summon a mummy. First time I tried summoning a mummy I tried to place the canopic jars inside the coffin but they won't go there. Then I realised they just work ok when they are in inventory. You don't lose the collection if the summoning fails, the collection simply gets stuck to your sims inventory. Going to vacation (and maybe returning back home) seems to un-stuck the collection and you get to try summoning again. If the summoning succeeds you lose the collection.

I agree mummies are slow and that Mummy! reaction and items dropping from queue is annoying. My mummy writes and gardens, he's a computer whiz  ::) so he doesn't much object writing. He uses moodlet manager to wipe away that soaked moodlet or to clean himself if he's dirty enough. He doesn't cook because other members of the family does it but if he'd need to do that I'd consider upgrading the stove fireproof instead of improved meal quality.

Little out of topic but I've found out that making friends for my sims is way easy if they

*study one skill point in charisma,
*have Attractive lifetime reward and
*say hello to 25 sims (to do one of the charisma skill challenges called celebrity sim).

Sims they say hello can be anyone like neighbor kid, newspaper deliverer or mail carrier or random sim at Central Park. Once they have done all this every new sim they meet becomes an instant friend. Need to try if this works for mummies too so that they can become leaders of the free world.

Offline skybaker

• Townie
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2010, 01:30:59 AM »
You don't lose the collection if the summoning fails, the collection simply gets stuck to your sims inventory. Going to vacation (and maybe returning back home) seems to un-stuck the collection and you get to try summoning again. If the summoning succeeds you lose the collection.

The success or failure of summoning can be known immediately? ???
I tried summoning once, but still no response after a few days. Does that mean the summoning has failed?
Now I realize playing the Sims 3 on Mac is playing the game of installation and uninstallation...

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2010, 10:38:08 AM »
Apparently. Too bad. :-\

Offline Serenity S.

• Occult
  • Flea market shopper in 3rd generation.
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2013, 12:05:16 PM »
Mummies can be annoyingly slow, but they do make good self-employees. For example, they can write all night, eat, write all day, eat, shower and write all night again, and other than this, they just need to talk on phone with someone once in a while and keep themselves not-too-stressed. Easy and money rolls in and your other sims can do what they want, without ever seeing the mummy if it's/his/her room has no door.

Offline Harmlessoldlady

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2014, 06:45:07 PM »
Even though two of the motive bars are "wrapped" in bandages, my mummy still needs to use the toilet and sleep. hmm.

A neat though pricey alternative to mummy bathing in water (and thus getting soaked) is the Shower in a Can that can be purchased abroad. I buy a bunch when I travel and just give them to the mummy. Another dry cleaner is the future shower gadget that does Quickie Cleanse. 

Mummies can be "cured" by drinking Young Again Potion. Then they become just another Sim, but with Egyptian clothing which you can change. And a really funny name that is hard to spell, of course.