Author Topic: To summon a mummy... and to cure it  (Read 79422 times)

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
Re: To summon a mummy... and to cure it
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2009, 05:16:02 PM »
But what does that have to do with summoning a mummy? LOL

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2009, 05:26:43 PM »
9. avoid fire on pain of death. autumn salad anyone?

Good advice Carl.  ;)  Thanks for all the info, not sure I want a mummy around  :-\ , although it would be funny to see them out and about the town.  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2009, 07:22:37 PM »
But what does that have to do with summoning a mummy? LOL

It's just advice on how to keep the mummy once you've summoned it.  :D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2009, 07:38:25 PM »
Oh ok....so feed him autumn salads?

I'm in the process of trying to get one now. I'm having my sim sleep in the sarcophagus. She just finished her 2nd full night in there. I wanted to make sure....she's supposed to sleep in the plain one right?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009, 07:42:24 PM »
Well...  the thing is...  mummies are very susceptible to burning to death because of all their bandages.  If one catches fire, it's all over.  So, one way to keep your mummy from burning to death is to eat Autumn Salad because it's a cold dish and doesn't require using the stove.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2009, 08:26:28 PM »
Oh ok....so feed him autumn salads?

I'm in the process of trying to get one now. I'm having my sim sleep in the sarcophagus. She just finished her 2nd full night in there. I wanted to make sure....she's supposed to sleep in the plain one right?

They need to sleep in the Cursed Sarcophagus of Kings specifically.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2009, 08:44:54 PM »

Hmm...ok, I thought the Sims would sleep in that one if they wanted to turn into a mummy themselves. I thought they needed to sleep in the plain to summon a mummy? And then the mummy could sleep in the Blessed one to turn into a human....  Did I get that all wrong? I need to go back and read the thread from the beginning because she just finished her 3rd night in the sarcophagus and nothing has happened.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2009, 11:53:58 PM »

Hmm...ok, I thought the Sims would sleep in that one if they wanted to turn into a mummy themselves.

They do.

Sleeping in the Cursed sarcophagus turns Sims into mummies; sleeping in the Blessed sarcophagus turns mummies into Sims.

If you want to make a new mummy you need 5 canopic jars in the Sim's inventory, then the option to summon a mummy will come up when you click on any sarcophagus; no sleeping involved.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2009, 06:18:52 AM »
Oh ok!!  I forgot about the canopic jars! I have plenty of them, but they're stored in a chest. I need to pull them out and put them back in her inventory.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2009, 07:20:50 AM »
So how long does it usually take for a mummy to show up?  I put all her canopic jars back in her inventory and the option to "summon a mummy" came up, so I clicked that and she walked over to the sarcophagus, but the mummy hasn't come yet. I clicked it again....but still no mummy and now the option to summon one isn't there anymore. Do they only come out at night or something?

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2009, 08:20:06 AM »
The few times I've tried it the mummy showed right away. There was a flash of light and the mummy's picture showed up to the left of the screen along with the other Sims in the house and after a while it came out of the sarcophagus.
And once when it took too long I had my Sim try to sleep in the sarcophagus and instead she said "Mummy!" and the mummy came out.

Do you have the latest patch?
I noticed this in the list of changes:

Sims no longer lose the ingredients required to summon a mummy if the interaction fails.

This seems to imply that you can fail to make a mummy and you would lose the canopic jars if you did. :-\

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2009, 08:45:33 AM »
Her mummy never showed up and yes I have the latest patch and no I didn't lose my jars. Maybe when I get home from work tonight, I'll have her try to sleep in it and see if the mummy comes out. I even put together another sarcophagus to see if that one would work and I don't even get the option to summon a mummy on that one either.  ???

Bubby_K

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2009, 07:18:00 PM »
Her mummy never showed up and yes I have the latest patch and no I didn't lose my jars. Maybe when I get home from work tonight, I'll have her try to sleep in it and see if the mummy comes out. I even put together another sarcophagus to see if that one would work and I don't even get the option to summon a mummy on that one either.  ???

Hi I'm new ^-^

Okay I had the same problem, and this is how I fixed it

I hope you didn't save after doing that, because it seems to be an odd bug that stays when you save AFTER activating it.

Anyways, I live on the beach and I was wondering if the mummy was showing up because of it that. So yeah, I experimented a lot and long story short, I built a basement, threw the Egyptian coffin thing into the basement. Also, I made sure that it wasn't against any walls, that it was in the center of the room because my Sim complained that something was blocking the path to it (strange). And yeah, a mummy appeared. ^-^

Note: I also had a total of 8 canopic jars and I put 3 in the house, so it had a total of 5 left, just in case it contributed to this odd bug.

You can tell if you're going to get the mummy to appear because your Sim literally opens the coffin thing and celestial light shimmers from within, and another household member slot opens up within a microsecond.

If anyone else hasn't come across the bug, then what basically happens is that you click on "Summon mummy" and your Sim walks up to it, and that's it. Nothing else happens. "Summon mummy" no longer appears. However, those 5 canopic jars remain in your inventory, however, you can no longer read the inscription. You can't even pick it up or move it out of your inventory. If you exit the game (after saving) came back in, then you can move it, sell it, whatever. But still, no more summoning. >.>

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2010, 11:45:26 PM »
I finally got the cursed sarcophagus and I immediately kidnapped Gunther Goth and turned him into a mummy. I never liked that guy, hee heee.

It seemed to improve his personality too, he spent several hours in the garden like this:

Thornton Wolff showed up so I had Gunther insult him till they were enemies. He never got the option to curse Thornton, just to call his mother a llama.

Well, I had no use for him after that so I kicked him out. A few days later when my Sim was playing guitar in front of the theater, guess who showed up to dance...

;D

A little later my Sim had to go to work but when she saw Gunther she said "Mummy!" and it canceled her action to go to work. So I'm thinking turning the whole town into mummies isn't such a great idea after all, if she has to stop and stare every time she sees one. :-\

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2010, 11:49:56 PM »
I like Gunther!  Until he ages to Elderly and loses his beard, hat, and clothes.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything